Bold predictions.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:17:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bold predictions.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Bold predictions.  (Read 19288 times)
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2015, 06:15:55 PM »

Bernie gives Hillary a run for her money in the primary.

Hillary wins anyway.

Walker wins a few Upper Midwest states, but loses the primary.

Rubio doesn't win a single state.

Hillary faces off against Jeb in the general, wins.

Jeb's veep pick will be Hispanic (maybe Brian Sandoval or Marco Rubio). My money's on Sandoval.

Hillary's veep will be a white male. Probably Mark Warner or Tim Kaine. Maybe Michael Bennet. Most likely is Tim Kaine, to be completely honest.

JEB and Rubio can't be on the ticket together unless they want to forfeit Florida.
Publius
Rookie

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2015, 06:36:09 PM »

5. Hillary wins with the Obama map minus Florida , Iowa, Ohio and Colorado leading to the closest elctoral margin in history, 270-268

Totally irrelevant, but I'm one of those jerks who just has to point stuff out:
Election of 1800 was tied between Jefferson and Burr, 73-73.
Election of 1876 finished at 185-184, Hayes over Tilden (and Tilden actually won the popular vote).
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2015, 06:40:22 PM »

Republicans carry Wisconsin in the general election.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2015, 06:41:19 PM »

-Bush, Walker, and Rubio all still have a legitimate shot on the 1st of May.
-Bernie wins Iowa.
-Trump finishes 2nd in New Hampshire, behind Jeb.
-Clinton chooses Cory Booker as VP.
-With a fractured convention appearing imminent, a backroom deal is reached to give the nomination to Rubio.  His running mate is Walker, in a unity ticket.
-The margin is, once again 332-206.

-In favor of Rubio (FL, OH, VA, PA, CO, IA, NV, MN, WI, ME 2nd District)
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2015, 11:56:12 AM »

1. The first three states are won by three different people. Iowa: Walker New Hampshire: bush South Carolina: Rubio and maybe Nevada goes Paul.
2. The GOP has its first brokered convention in 40 years and bush create a deal with Walker to win the nomination over second place rubio. Leading to a bush/Walker ticket.
3. Bernie wins New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, Massachusetts and one more.
4. Hillary nominates Castro.
5. Hillary wins with the Obama map minus Florida , Iowa, Ohio and Colorado leading to the closest elctoral margin in history, 270-268
6 and for fun, an elector goes rogue leading to the biggest constitutional crisis in the 21st century.
At that point, Jeb Bush would be selected by the House pretty easily,whereas Julian Castro may get selected by the Senate (assuming that the Democrats pick up 5 or 6 Senate seats in 2016).
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2015, 01:36:37 PM »

As of July 1, 2015

1. IA, NH and SC will be won by three different Republican candidates.
2. Sanders will keep it close in NH, but Hillary will still win the primary.
3. Jeb becomes the nominee after a long primary fight.
4. The Republican VP nominee is female.
5. Polls show a Clinton lead throughout the general election, but the final result is closer. Hillary wins along the lines of Bush 2004/Carter 1976.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2015, 03:04:02 PM »
« Edited: July 01, 2015, 03:07:01 PM by OC »

Christie, not Jeb is GOP nominee

Clinton carries every 2012 Obama state, making it the first time the electoral map was exactly the same two elections in a row.

Clinton winning a 272 map isnt bold; especiall she can win OH and CO together.

Clinton will pick Julian Castro to secure Latino vote and win.
Horsemask

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: -4.87

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2015, 05:12:22 PM »

Christie mounts a temporary comeback, winning NH but ultimately not the nomination.

Walker fizzles early.

Carson is out by Christmas of this year.
bobloblaw
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2015, 11:56:33 AM »

That is a bold prediction. She is an awful candidate.

BTW Rubio cant be VP is Jeb is the GOP nominee.

Bold prediction: Jeb does horribly and attempts to rouse the base to get them out to vote fail miserably. Jeb loses FL and doesnt do better than hispanics than Romney did.

Outside chance that if Jeb in the nominee, Trump runs independent.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2015, 01:38:58 PM »

Clinton will get less than 50% of the vote in the New Hampshire primary.
I don't know if that is very bold, but given the conventional wisdom it might
be considered somewhat unlikely by many.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2015, 12:13:27 PM »

Jeb Bush secures the GOP presidential nomination with Scott Walker in second and Rand Paul in third

Bernie Sanders wins 3-4 states, but Hillary Clinton wins the nomination

Jeb Bush defeats Hillary Clinton in a very close race
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2015, 01:25:13 PM »

The General Election Scenarios:

I. The Favored:

1. Democratic Victory:
a. Hillary Clinton(D-NY)/John Kerry(D-MS): 285 EVs - Notably loses Ohio and Florida

b. Marco Rubio(R-FL)/Rob Portman(R-OH): 253 EVs - Notably loses Virginia

2. Republican Victory:

a. Marco Rubio(R-FL)/Jim Webb(R-VA): 270 EVs - Notably loses Pennsylvania

b. Hillary Clinton(D-NY)/Robert Casey, Jr.(D-PA): Notably loses New Hampshire, Virginia, and Ohio

II. The Underdog:

1. Republican Victory:

a. John Kasich(R-OH)/Marco Rubio(R-FL): 290 EVs - Notably loses Nevada

b. Joe Biden(D-DE)/Keith Ellison(D-MN): 248 EVs - Notably loses New Hampshire, Virginia and Pennsylvania

2. Democratic Victory:

a. Joe Biden(D-DE)/Joseph P. Kennedy III(D-MS): 303 EVs - Notably loses Florida

b. Bobby Jindal(R-LA)/Jeb Bush(R-FL): 235 EVs - Notably loses Virginia

.... Interestingly enough, I have to agree with Deputy Secretary of the Clinton White House Staff, David Goodman: "As a Democrat, I fear John Kasich."
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2015, 02:05:30 PM »

Jeb Bush secures the GOP presidential nomination with Scott Walker in second and Rand Paul in third

Hillary Clinton defeats Jeb by selecting Castro as running mate to secure Latino vote in FL senate and CO and NV; and Catholic vote in Pa, for 272 electors, in a very tight race
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2015, 02:11:03 PM »

Hillary Clinton defeats Jeb by selecting Castro as running mate to secure Latino vote in FL senate and CO and NV; and Catholic vote in Pa, for 272 electors, in a very tight race

I never said Clinton would win because she wouldn't, Bush would win.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2015, 02:15:27 PM »

No I stated that, but I quoted u because it will be a tight race, thats it.
Deano1001
Rookie
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2015, 02:23:10 PM »

b. Hillary Clinton(D-NY)/Robert Casey, Jr.(D-PA): Notably loses New Hampshire, Virginia, and Ohio

.... Interestingly enough, I have to agree with Deputy Secretary of the Clinton White House Staff, David Goodman: "As a Democrat, I fear John Kasich."

Talk about bold on those VP selections. I like the Jim Webb switch, especially given that he's in the Dem race now.

If Hillary gets in the general she either loses or wins LBJ style. If Bernie Sanders can win the nomination he would win with more EVs than Clinton, given the huge wave of momentum and ideological shift that would be necessary behind his campaign.
Proudconnh
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.29, S: 3.83

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2015, 10:56:14 PM »

Sanders gets Elizabeth Warren endorsement and wins several states, but Hillary Clinton still gets nomination. Webb is endorsed by Mark Warner and Joe Manchin, runs as a "Blue Dog" democrat, winning a few southern states, including Virginia.

Lindsey Graham wins New Hampshire and South Carolina, gains momentum, and wins nomination. Tea Party nearly runs its own candidate but rallies around Graham after he selects  Mike Lee as his running mate.

The Tickets
Hillary Clinton/Martin O'Malley, Democratic Party
Lindsey Graham/Mike Lee, Republican Party
Bernie Sanders/Elizabeth Warren, American Renewall Party

🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2015, 12:12:11 AM »

Here's a bold prediction: the whole thing is won by a faithless elector.

Some other ones:

Pennsylvania is more Republican-leaning than the nation as a whole.

Libertarians achieve an astonishing percentage of the vote. Like 1.7% or something.

In Hilary's victory speech, she makes a Freudian slip and accidentally admits to doing Whitewater, Benghazi and killing vince Foster; with her hidden secret e-mail account.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2015, 12:56:54 AM »

Talk about bold on those VP selections. I like the Jim Webb switch, especially given that he's in the Dem race now.

If Hillary gets in the general she either loses or wins LBJ style. If Bernie Sanders can win the nomination he would win with more EVs than Clinton, given the huge wave of momentum and ideological shift that would be necessary behind his campaign.

Rubio chooses a Lieberman-esque figure in Webb, while Clinton goes with a charismatic Biden-esque figure in Casey. Honestly, a Rubio vs. Clinton debate would likely give Rubio victories using the "Young & New" strategy. 2/3 Rubio.

The Vice Presidential candidates are two interesting personalities - policy stoic Casey versus intensive analytical Webb. A toss-up, most likely.

Anyway, I ran the system and evened out the popular vote. Rubio received a +3.33% Charisma in five swing states, while Clinton received a +5% Experience in Lean-Dem states like Pennsylvania, Iowa, Nevada, and such. With a few other modifiers, Rubio got 50.85% of the popular vote to Clinton's 49.55%.

Oddly enough, I found a few interesting third party possibilities:

Green Party: Keith Ellison(D-MN), Rahm Emanuel(D-IL), Jesse Jackson, Jr.(D-IL); likely Jill Stein(G-MS)/Gayle McLaughin(G-CA) - 0.38%
Libertarian Party: Rand Paul(R-KY), Ron Paul(R-TX), Gary Johnson(L-NM), Mile Gravel(L-AK); Rand Paul(R-KY)/Gary Johnson(L-NM) - 1.01%
Constitution Party: Michele Bachmann(R-MN), Donald Trump(R-NY); Virgil Goode(C-VA)/Alan Keyes(C-MD) - 0.01%

As to your point, I don't know - Nixon 1960, perhaps.

I presume Rubio receives, say, 49.32% to 49.21%. Now, then, what is this? Narrow popular vote win by a comparative nobody to an elder stateswoman-like person?

In short: Yes, I based that one off 1960.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2015, 12:58:03 AM »

Here's something bold

Rand Paul, Tim Scott - 273 EV
Hillary Clinton, Tim Kaine - 265 EV
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2015, 02:04:18 AM »

Bernie Sanders
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2015, 11:37:28 AM »

1. Donald Trump wins the Republican nomination and Hillary Clinton wins the Democratic nomination. Trump loses the general election by a landslide and only carries Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina, West Virginia, Texas, Oklahoma, Idaho, Utah, and Wyoming.

2. Bernie Sanders wins the Democratic nomination and John Kasich wins the Republican nomination. Sanders loses the general election by a landslide and only carries Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New York, Maryland, DC, Illinois, Washington, California, and Hawaii.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2015, 11:45:04 AM »

Bernie Sanders wont win the nomination.
DS0816
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2015, 11:51:35 AM »

Better yet…

Donald Trump boldly wins the 2016 Republican presidential nomination and goes on to win election to become the nation's 45th president with an electoral-vote score of more than 400. His bold victory includes carriage of California, New York, Illinois, Washington, Maryland, Minnesota, but not Pennsylvania, Michigan, New Mexico, or Nevada. (You can't expect a presidential winner to dot all i's and cross all t's.) The four most pivotal bellwether states—Colorado, Florida, Ohio, and Virginia—also deliver Republican pickups to The Donald. And he also flips Iowa and New Hampshire.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2015, 12:34:34 PM »

Bernie Sanders makes the primaries exceptionally close. Hillary Clinton still comes out on top, but the liberal base has really put her feet to the fire, so she needs to find a quick way to shore up liberal support for the general election. Feeling personal animosity towards Bernie Sanders after the primary campaign, there is no way she chooses him to be her running mate, despite strong cries for her to make it so. Instead, she feels her only option is to select Elizabeth Warren as her running mate. Warren goes on to dazzle crowds and outshine Clinton. A series of ill-advised comments from Warren begin to tilt the race in favour of Republican nominee Jeb Bush, and by election day he has a slim but consistent lead in the polls. Jeb Bush wins the election.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies