See things from the other's perspective (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:25:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  See things from the other's perspective (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: See things from the other's perspective  (Read 2990 times)
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 29, 2015, 04:25:09 PM »

Everyone feels sad when they feel their "side" is losing, especially on cultural issues.

I think both sides would do best to accept victories in stride and not mock or taunt the opposition. 
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 06:26:50 PM »

"The progressive winners in this culture war want to punish their opponents. They don’t want comity, they want revenge."

I would like to see a list of instances where this "revenge" thing has manifested itself. I think this meme is way overdone. I might add, that usually the revenge impulse is fueled by losing, not winning. So it really does not make much sense.

Who wants to take up the challenge, and give me a revenge list?

3) You can't express your opinion against Mexican immigration.  If you do, Univision and NBC will pull your TV show for not expressing the politically correct view on the subject after agitation from the "progressive" mob.

Your other two points are reasonable imo, but come on.  It's the way Trump expressed his views that got him kicked off.  If he instead said, "I humbly am of the opinion we should restrict current levels of immigration.  We need to help ensure more jobs and higher wages for American citizens.  We are a nation of immigrants, but we have to find a balance, and I believe we have exceeded it at the present time" he would not have gotten kicked off.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 09:55:17 PM »

It's a radical cultural revolution no doubt but what the heck does that have to do with the Confederates? Or can northerners not be socons anymore?

The Stars and Bars have a significance that goes beyond regional pride or nationalism. The flag is a symbol of opposition to an overbearing government hostile to your way of life. SoCon Yankees would do well to be troubled by the recent trampling of the Confederate flag.

Actually, many of the "Northern socons" were descendants of folks who hated the Confederacy and were fiercely pro-union, believing Southern slavery was a moral evil and an abomination to God.      

Do you really think Northern Calvinists and conservative Catholics back in the day would've flied the rebel flag?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies