Which Era Taylor Swift You Enjoy Better
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:29:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Which Era Taylor Swift You Enjoy Better
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
Country Teeny Bop Era

1989 and Beyond Era

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: Which Era Taylor Swift You Enjoy Better  (Read 834 times)
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 29, 2015, 11:01:40 PM »

I have always been a Taylor Swift fan. I just love her, she seems like my perfect dream for a wanna be wife. She has all the goods (minus big boobs but that's not everything Wink  )   and she seems like a sweetheart. But of course with most long lasting female artists she has went through some changes.

Which Taylor do you like best? The Tweeny Bopper or the confident Babe of the stage?

I love the new Taylor. She's confident as hell and can deliver the goods. She models well and owns Victoria's secret when she's in the show. As for her music, meh. I do miss the old persona of Taylor though. She seemed like such a sweetheart then, now she's a little cocky but the hot kind of cocky.

I'm just glad she's aged gracefully and hope she stays that way.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 11:52:41 PM »

Modern is better. I'm only a fair weather fan, but I prefer "Shake it Off" to "Teardrops on my Guitar".

And didn't she once sing about having a boner for Tim McGraw? He's cool but that song, ugh.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 11:53:35 PM »

Modern is better. I'm only a fair weather fan, but I prefer "Shake it Off" to "Teardrops on my Guitar".

And didn't she once sing about having a boner for Tim McGraw? He's cool but that song, ugh.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 04:03:42 AM »

Nah, it was about how her and her boyfriend used to listen to Tim McGraw all the time.

Such a jammable song though.

Anyway, I'd say her modern stuff, and she's easily one of the best artists out there.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 05:19:21 AM »

Red was the best album. She should be able to cross genres as she pleases with every album.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 12:13:21 PM »

Red was the best album. She should be able to cross genres as she pleases with every album.

yeah, I would say 2012-13 or 14 was the best "Taylor Swift era".
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 06:57:27 PM »

Her music has gotten better over her career. When she started it was cliched teen tunes but they were country solid. She was really a far more successful crossover version of Leann Rhimes. Both were teen beauties who started young but Taylor was more successful while Leann was much hotter. Once Taylor started acting in movies and being on SNL and what not she was set.

Her county stuff isn't bad but they are very cliched. "Teardrops on my guitar" was very blah, "Love Story," was a a teen love song, but then she had some good ones. "Should have said No" was awesome and a good jilted woman song, and "You belong with Me," was prob her best country song. That song made me love her. Her new stuff's more musically solid and she has grown in her experiences. She's one of the few musically solid pop singers out there. I see her staying huge as long as she doesn't get stupid like Brittany or Mariah Carey did. That would make me very sad.

Looks wise Taylor as of late has been killing it. She's gotten into modeling and she does some good stuff. She did a pictorial for Rolling Stone last year I just loved, plus she does the VS Fashion Show now. I hope she stays there because she's made it worthwhile again.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 06:52:52 PM »

Country, but I love all of it.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 04:02:31 AM »

1989 is her best album but I'll always have a place in my heart for the Red transitional phase because I once had a vision of unearthly beauty while looking through a junk shop in Hokkaido while some nearby house was blasting 'We Are Never Getting Back Together'.
Wake Me Up When The Hard Border Ends
Anton Kreitzer
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: 3.11

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 10:25:22 AM »

Write-in: Both!

Gun to my head, country, partly because there's more of it at the moment. 1989 is a superb album though.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2015, 11:43:47 AM »

1989 is her best album but I'll always have a place in my heart for the Red transitional phase because I once had a vision of unearthly beauty while looking through a junk shop in Hokkaido while some nearby house was blasting 'We Are Never Getting Back Together'.

Oh?
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2015, 09:03:54 PM »

Oh?

The song wasn't the subject of the vision. It's difficult to describe what was, exactly, but it probably had more to do with the small tin cross on a length of string that I was looking at at the time.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2015, 09:14:20 PM »

I really like 1989 era
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies