Who was the lesser evil in the Iran-Iraq war
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:37:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Who was the lesser evil in the Iran-Iraq war
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who was the lesser evil
Iran

Iraq

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 71

Author Topic: Who was the lesser evil in the Iran-Iraq war  (Read 2066 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2015, 07:05:12 PM »

Iraq.  Saddam Hussein may have been a tyrant, but I don't seem to remember anything about him leading chants of "Death to America" and "Death to Israel." 
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2015, 08:06:16 PM »

Iraq.  Saddam Hussein may have been a tyrant, but I don't seem to remember anything about him leading chants of "Death to America" and "Death to Israel."  

So siding with the aggressor in a brutal war (in which Iraq gassed an awful lot of people) over a few words that the Iran government has never really tried to put into effect?
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2015, 05:00:02 PM »

Iraq.  Saddam Hussein may have been a tyrant, but I don't seem to remember anything about him leading chants of "Death to America" and "Death to Israel." 

So siding with the aggressor in a brutal war (in which Iraq gassed an awful lot of people) over a few words that the Iran government has never really tried to put into effect?
They may not have tried it yet, but they're working on it.  And once they have the bomb, they will be able to do it.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2015, 08:39:26 PM »

They may not have tried it yet, but they're working on it.  And once they have the bomb, they will be able to do it.

If North Korea isnt crazy enough to use the bomb Iran isnt.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2015, 10:04:12 PM »

No country (Iran, North Korea, etc) is stupid enough to use a nuclear weapon against the United States  or one of our allies. The idea of Iran as some irrational actor on the global stage is really getting annoying.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2015, 10:05:59 PM »

Our own intelligence agencies concluded that any research Iran conducted on the feasability of building a nuclear weapon ended in 2003. But I guess you must be smarter than them.

Additionally, Ahmedinejad (SP?) isn't President anymore. And the Iranian President is like 17th in the chain of command; dealing mostly with domestic issues and being "the voice of the people". The mullahs are the real power, and they have vocally denounced nuclear weapons.

Iran is not a threat to the United States or Israel, unless we make them a threat.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2015, 10:08:59 AM »

Is the US so insecure that it can't handle being called names?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies