Office of At-Large Senator Kalwejt (Statement)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:22:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of At-Large Senator Kalwejt (Statement)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Office of At-Large Senator Kalwejt (Statement)  (Read 5102 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 30, 2015, 04:22:22 AM »
« edited: September 15, 2015, 02:35:55 PM by At-large Senator Kalwejt »

I have decided to throw my hat on the ring because Atlasia is going through a very difficult period and I believe the Senate needs someone with experience and fresh ideas to help reclaim our lost glory and, most importantly, the fun.

Also, as Senator I won't be allowed to nuke anything, so you may put your minds at easy Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 06:35:03 AM »

Having served as the Attorney General for two occasions, I fully realize an importance of updating the wiki, which seems to be quite a problem now.

That being said, Castro and Leinad seems to have a great idea of creating a post dedicated entirely to keeping the wiki up to date, instead of being it a side duty for other officeholder. So, if elected, I'll promptly introduce a bill to create the position of the National Archivist Smiley
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 06:39:01 AM »

I wish you luck in this race, Kal. I fought for you when you were GM and admired you in that role, even when you made events that got the Super Serious folk in a hissy fit. Hope you make it a good one Wink
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 01:23:23 PM »

Has a Senator ever been recalled?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 02:17:25 PM »

Can you wait until I'm elected to try to recall me? Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 02:27:26 PM »

I'm presently completing my election platform. Meanwhile, I welcome any question from the electorate.

Also, I'll be most happy to engage in a debate with my opponents, Speaker Truman and Speaker DKrol.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 02:38:50 PM »

I vote for the Kalwejt
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 02:51:18 PM »

Also, I'll be most happy to engage in a debate with my opponents, Speaker Truman and Speaker DKrol.

I'm open to having a debate.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 02:54:23 PM »

I'm open to having a debate.

As am I.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 05:03:06 PM »

Mr. Kalwejt,  do you have a plan to tackle poverty in Atlasia?

If so, can you elaborate for us, or will the reduction of poverty be part of your platform that will be announced at a later date?

Thank you.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 09:56:23 AM »

If so, can you elaborate for us, or will the reduction of poverty be part of your platform that will be announced at a later date?

Thank you.

Thank you. This is a very complex question and I'll get back to you as soon as possible (pardon time difference)
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 01:49:27 PM »

Endorsed!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 03:05:27 PM »

Thank you, Comrade Governor!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 01:59:41 AM »

Endorsed!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 12:15:48 PM »

Thank you.

Once again, my apologies for delay (RL reasons).

Naturally, the reduction of poverty will be an important part of my platform but I can already elaborate on this key issue. Key, because welfare of the people should be the first task of any responsible government.

The welfare of the people cannot be truly improved until the stability is restored in Atlasia. Since 2014 Atlasia has been through a full-scale civil war, two rebelions, acts of terrorism and currently we're facing a serious crisis in the Pacific Region. Also, important external factors, such as wars in the Middle East and Puerto Santos coup, are threathing our economy. This all leads to having a damaged social and economic infrastructure, market uncertainty and loss of jobs, as evident from the statistics.

On the other hand the fact we've got a lot of work to do with rebuilding our country is an opportunity to get the people to work. The government must take a proactive role in creating and securing jobs for decent wages (I'm grateful my opponent, Mr. Truman, spoke about the wages recently). The austerity is not an answer, as it only destroy the economic and social infrastructure in long term. We've seen this madness in Europe and we must avoid that.

I also must disagree with Mr. Krol that the prime way to reduce poverty is to cut taxes for the rich, so they can "create new jobs". This dangerous myth was totally disproved in the 80s and 90s and I fear the real reason for the right to stubbornly stick with it is a desire to reward their wealthy friends and patrons.

We cannot reclaim our security and, hopefully, prosperity without reconstruction, and that requires money spent and serious involvement the government.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2015, 03:37:32 PM »

Rebuild Atlasia! shall be our official campaign slogan Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2015, 06:59:37 PM »

Thank you, homely, for this wonderful banner!

[/quote]
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2015, 08:48:40 PM »

Crime and Punishment

Except of the very few, most severe cases, such as SirNick or The Bakersfield Resident, I oppose implementing of a lifetime ban of voting and holding office. Due to the nature of the game, such punishments are pretty an equivalent of a death penalty (prohibited by our constitution) or, at the very least, lifetime banishment with no right to return, except for a presidential pardon, and such are granted very, very rarely. Very few people actually deserve to be kicked out permanently with no chance of rehabilitation and imposing the lifetime ban is extremely arbitrary.

Perhaps the best way to eliminate the ultimate factor, as well as arbitrariness, would be following a well-acomplished Norwegian model: abolishing a lifetime bans altogether and setting maximum sentence at something between year or two, with a possibility of the ban being extended if the offender doesn't get the message.

Wiki Reform

As former Attorney General for two spells, I realize all too well an importance of keeping the wiki up to date, not just for posterity's sake, but to make it easy for our citizens to keep familiar with the laws and other developments.

I have been the first candidate to speak on the issue and if elected, I'll promptly introduce a legislation to create a position of the National Archivist to update the wiki regularly.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2015, 09:04:11 AM »

Well, fellows. It's been an exceptionally short campaign. A lot of questions remained unasked, a lot of issues not mentioned and, most regretfully, we've had no chance to organize a proper debate in such a brief period.

However, the most important thing right now is for every citizen to cast a vote. No matter who's your choice, please go to the polls. Let's begin rebuilding Atlasia by exercising our most basic constitutional right Smiley
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2015, 02:39:53 PM »

Mr. Kalwejt,
What is your opinion on the Constutional Convention?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2015, 03:07:08 PM »

Mr. Kalwejt,

Due to previous experiences, I'm a bit sceptical. Not because of an idea itself, but because during the previous conventions, there was not enough will to initiate radical changes Atlasia needs. Let's face it: we're stuck in the same cliche repeated all over again, so we shouldn't be surprised so many of our valuable players gets bored or indifferent. That has to stop.

Personally, I'd support going all the way to press the "reset" button and I'll certainly try to raise a serious debate over this if elected. If this is not to be hopefully, there will be real will for change this time and the Convention would work.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2015, 03:11:19 PM »

Mr. Kalwejt,

Due to previous experiences, I'm a bit sceptical. Not because of an idea itself, but because during the previous conventions, there was not enough will to initiate radical changes Atlasia needs. Let's face it: we're stuck in the same cliche repeated all over again, so we shouldn't be surprised so many of our valuable players gets bored or indifferent. That has to stop.

Personally, I'd support going all the way to press the "reset" button and I'll certainly try to raise a serious debate over this if elected. If this is not to be hopefully, there will be real will for change this time and the Convention would work.
Would you consider signing the petition that calls for a Constutional Convention that would reset Atlasia?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2015, 09:47:38 AM »

Since my opponents has conceded, I won't hold my victory remarks.

It has been a very brief, but exciting campaign nonetheless. A boring, uncompetitive races were long a serious problem for the game, so I'm glad we've a close run this time Smiley

I'd like to personally thank my opponents, DKrol, Truman and Poirot. Each one of you, guys, ran a strong, yet civil campaign and especially Krol's performance was remarkable. I hope he'll reconsider his decision to take a long leave from the game. Initially I've been quite unfair toward him, but I realize now that he's a fine player and I hope we can have some fun together in the future.

I must thank Governor Windjammer and RG Griffin for their invaluable help in running this campaign. You cannot prevail without friends.

Last, but definitively not least, I want to thank every voter that gave me an eligible preference. Given how narrow this was, don't ever underestimate the power of your vote!

Once officially certified, I'll get on with the job, doing everything that's in my power to rebuild Atlasia.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2015, 10:31:16 AM »

Congrats on the close win, you deserved it! we're going to have fun in the Senate during these difficult times
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2015, 11:52:51 AM »

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll make an excellent Senator.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies