Office of At-Large Senator Kalwejt (Statement)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:51:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of At-Large Senator Kalwejt (Statement)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Office of At-Large Senator Kalwejt (Statement)  (Read 5106 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2015, 04:04:02 PM »

I've just introduces two new legislations:

Improve Our Wiki Act of 2015 (fulfilling my campaign promise to introduce a legislation establishing a position of National Archivist)
Continuity of Government Act of 2015 (aimed to solve problems resulting from a prolonged GM vacancy)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2015, 03:53:24 AM »

Thank you for the Improve Our Wiki Act of 2015, Senator! It looks nice! Good luck on getting it passed!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2015, 04:01:45 AM »

Both are solid legislation. I do have some concern though about section 2 of the GM won. How would the PResident react to foreign policy story he generated?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2015, 05:06:06 AM »

Both are solid legislation. I do have some concern though about section 2 of the GM won. How would the PResident react to foreign policy story he generated?

I see your point, it is indeed the conflict of interests. My original intention was to provide a constant leadership for the DoEA in case of prolonged vacancy, as we've seen when Potus resigned.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2015, 05:06:50 AM »

Thank you for the Improve Our Wiki Act of 2015, Senator! It looks nice! Good luck on getting it passed!

And thank you and Castro for the idea!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2015, 05:23:28 AM »

And thank you and Castro for the idea!

You're welcome!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2015, 06:57:09 AM »

I'd like to thank Secretary Supersquire for selecting me as his Deputy at the External Affairs Department. I'm both honored and excited to be involved in the foreign relations again Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2015, 07:04:26 AM »

I fully support Yankee's amendment for the Criminal Justice (Reform) Act, which would establish three years as maximum penalty for treason and terrorism, instead of life sentence. In this game, three years is long enough. Also, given the very nature of Atlasia, a lifetime ban is pretty much an equivalent of death penalty, which is not only excessive, but also inconsistent with our very constitution.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2015, 05:30:09 AM »

I've just introduced a constitutional amendment that would institute separate election for the Vice Presidency. The goal is, of course, to inject new life and energy into our elections - the very backbone of this game - by allowing the people to vote for the Vice President, instead of having names attached to the tickets.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2015, 05:40:49 AM »

I've just introduced a constitutional amendment that would institute separate election for the Vice Presidency. The goal is, of course, to inject new life and energy into our elections - the very backbone of this game - by allowing the people to vote for the Vice President, instead of having names attached to the tickets.

I like this
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2015, 07:57:59 AM »

Legislations introduced:

Improve Our Wiki Act of 2015 (bill)
Continuity of Government Act of 2015 (bill)
2015 Amnesty Resolution (resolution)
Vice Presidential Election Amendment (constitutional amendment)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2015, 04:52:34 PM »

I'm currently working on a bill aiming at reducing the federal bureaucracy apparatus.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2015, 03:52:17 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2015, 03:54:27 PM by Senator and Deputy SoEA Kalwejt »

Statement

Having took an oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, I have no other choice but to stand on the legal ground, no matter what my misgivings about the state of this game may be. I oppose attempts to violently overthrow the Republic. No good change can come without a legitimacy.

We can't build the new Atlasia on rotten fundamentals of violence and lawlessness. It simply will never work.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2015, 03:53:34 PM »

Statement

Having took an oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, I have no other choice but to stand on the legal ground, no matter what my misgivings about the state of this game may be. I oppose attempts to violently overthrow the Republic. No good change can come without a legitimacy.
Hear, hear Amen!!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2015, 05:05:42 AM »

With Supersquire's resignation, I have become Acting Secretary of External Affairs. Therefore, as responsible for nation's defense and national security policies, I'm closely monitoring all developments.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2015, 05:44:22 PM »

I'm looking for a deputy in the Department of External Affairs.

Anyone interested please PM me Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2015, 06:03:35 AM »

Statement

I have been supported the idea of Constitutional Convention since it was proposed and nothing happened that could possibly changed my mind. In fact, I'm even more eager to vote for the only way to reform and rebuild Atlasia.

I won't hide that, having been proposing various institutional changes for a long time, I'd like not only to support the Convention, but also get involved in it's works (wink, wink). But first, we must make it a reality.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2015, 11:45:32 PM »

Crazy Kal 4 Convention Chair!!!! Cheesy
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2015, 11:50:59 PM »

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2015, 10:47:27 AM »

I've been thinking about such bill for a some time:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Basically, as I said above, the SoFA would be handling the Census most of the time, only to run elections from time to time. It's totally workable.

As of the Home Secretary, internal affairs, as defined under the DoHA, would be his daily task, since prosecutions are a periodical task, which the Home Secretary could handle himself or designate a special prosecutor. 

What do you think?
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2015, 10:48:27 AM »

I've been thinking about such bill for a some time:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Basically, as I said above, the SoFA would be handling the Census most of the time, only to run elections from time to time. It's totally workable.

As of the Home Secretary, internal affairs, as defined under the DoHA, would be his daily task, since prosecutions are a periodical task, which the Home Secretary could handle himself or designate a special prosecutor. 

What do you think?
Love the idea!!!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2015, 04:42:03 PM »

Great idea! In particular, the separation of the Census Bureau and the DoFE always struck me as odd, considering their duties are so intertwined.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2015, 03:54:56 PM »

An attack on Speaker Cris is attack on the entire Senate. I hope the preparators will be soon approached and brought to justice.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2015, 01:17:10 PM »

Statement on not Seeking Reelection

My fellow Atlasians,

After a lot of soul-searching, I have decided against running for reelection as your At-large Senator. I will not resign outright, since there are still some bills I'm sponsoring and I'd like to see passed, as well as out of respect for the voters that elected me.

I've spend last weeks trying my best to help rebuild Atlasia. Sometimes it happened at the expense of my RL time and duties. Yet, I've reached a point when I don't have no energy nor confidence in the point of continuing my work beyond that period.

Atlasia is in dire state. The feeling of frustration and disbelief in a possibility of achieving a meaningful reform is growing stronger with every day. The Senate, which up until recently was the only branch of federal government working smoothly, is stalling, despite heroic efforts of our new Speaker.

The most disturbing, however, is behavior of the President. It's not easy for me to say this, as due to political loyalty I've always avoided to criticize bore publically and defended him on many occasions, but some things should be said. Basically, Atlasia has no President. Since his speech supporting dissolution, he's being missing for most of the time, only occasionally pooping out to sign some bills when notified. He had ignored two major crises (terrorist attacks in Nyman and Indian-Pakistani war), so I had, as Secretary of External Affairs, to take a very "creative" constitutional line and handle this myself. Only after weeks, the new Vice President had been nominated, but other cabinet positions remains vacant.

I've always believed that as long as we're playing, we owe the game some responsibility. If one doesn't want to play, then he should resign and let other do the job. If someone's busy in RL, there's a mechanism called leave of absence. Otherwise, there's no justification.

I'm still a hopeful fool and won't say Atlasia is dead, but there are little reasons to be optimistic. The only bright side is that we still have some active newbies, who are not discouraged with the inactivity, negligence and sometimes very toxic climate. If there's only for us to recover, it will come from those newbies, as the old guard, myself including, had failed.

Kalwejt.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2015, 11:23:26 PM »
« Edited: August 09, 2015, 11:25:28 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

The disjointment of efforts has created one hell of a comedy of errors.

Atlasia will be saved, one way or another. I was really hoping that you would run again. Sad

I think the major problem is that the disinterest becomes a self-fullfilling prophecy. It makes that signature threshold rather difficult to reach for instance. However, consider all the side distractions that have hindered that effort. The deregistration of many an active member, whilst theoretically lowering the thresholds, also remained those most likely to sign. I figured it would take several weeks from the beginning.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies