Europe & US/CAN getting baked the next 2 weeks (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:29:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Europe & US/CAN getting baked the next 2 weeks (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Europe & US/CAN getting baked the next 2 weeks  (Read 2012 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: June 30, 2015, 06:05:16 PM »

There is no key here...so this is unreadable.  The warmest day for Bemidji will be 82°F or 28°C on July 4.  Average is 25°C.  Otherwise temps will be at or below average.  Hardly a baker.

Seasonable for most of the US outside of the Pac NW.

Europe will be hot though.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 06:11:56 PM »

In fact, temps will be upwards of 10°C below average in the Chicagoland area the next several days.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 05:08:57 PM »

The combination of an unusually strong summer El Niño and the persistent warm water near the coast of North America has led to ample monsoonal moisture for the deserts.  In a perfect trifecta, former hurricane Delores' moisture has caused storms to erupt over SoCal.  An inch of rain fell in San Diego yesterday which broke the record for July rainfall set in 1902.  San Diego, on average, sees 0.03" of rain in July.

There is the potential for flash flooding across the CA deserts due to this rare combo of weather events.

In fact, San Diego's climate may be completely upside down this year with relatively little winter rainfall but plenty during spring and summer.

Thanks to El Niño and a strong positive pattern of the Pacific Decadal Oscillation (the warm water near the north american coast), moisture should be plentiful for the SW quadrant of the US through next spring.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 05:29:41 PM »

In fact, San Diego's climate may be completely upside down this year with relatively little winter rainfall but plenty during spring and summer.

While the last rainy season was quite dry and this has been an usually rainy July for California, it's not as rainy as the rainy reason was.

San Diego =/= San Francisco.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 05:56:29 PM »

While the last rainy season was quite dry and this has been an usually rainy July for California, it's not as rainy as the rainy reason was.

Obviously not. It's kind of ironic they're getting rain and we're not. But in general, the weather patterns are somewhat similar, with SoCal being drier.
Thats cuz storms usually come in from the north and SD gets the tail end.  But this moisture is coming from the south, so its upside down.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 07:49:13 PM »

Obviously not. It's kind of ironic they're getting rain and we're not. But in general, the weather patterns are somewhat similar, with SoCal being drier.
Thats cuz storms usually come in from the north and SD gets the tail end.  But this moisture is coming from the south, so its upside down.

There was some rain here earlier in the month though, which is pretty unusual for a July, drought or no drought.
Yeah.  This year might actually be the first time since white settlement that a significant tropical storm could make it to LA.  The chance is still small...but this year is the yearif it will happen.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies