DKrol For Senate: Concession
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:34:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  DKrol For Senate: Concession
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DKrol For Senate: Concession  (Read 631 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 30, 2015, 01:40:53 PM »
« edited: July 06, 2015, 09:23:10 AM by CR Secretary DKrol »

Former NE Speaker and Civic Renewal Party Secretary DKrol (CR-MA), recently having undergone minor plastic surgery, approaches the podium to speak with reporters

"Today, I am here to announce once more that I am standing as candidate for an At-Large Senate Seat. I running for the seat being vacated by Lief, who has been a long time public servant and is thanked for his service to Atlasia.

It is clear that the issues of this campaign are different than the last time I ran for an At-Large Senate Seat. We need to have accountancy in our records, that's why I'll propose legislation to create a National Archivist within my first week in office. It is important that we have an updated and current Wiki, as it is the source of all major record keeping within Atlasia. As Civic Renewal Party Secretary, maintaining records is my job. I will see this issue through.

Further, I will maintain and continue the discussion on Devolution. As a supporter of Regionalism, I believe that it is up to the Regions to decide what responsibilities they want to take on. Although from a legislative perspective Devolution starts in the Senate, it begins as an idea and a proposal in the Regional Legislatures. As Senator, I will be active with Regional Leaders to ensure that they know they have an ally in the Senate who they can work with to make life better - If that means devolving some powers to the Regions, we'll work together on it.

Friends, I look forward to the next several days and our campaign together.

Thank you and Dave Bless."
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 02:53:30 PM »

I'm pleased to release the official campaign poster for the race:

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 04:18:59 PM »

Should have got this face transplant Tongue

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 04:43:19 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2015, 05:09:09 PM by Lincoln Republican »

That's minor plastic surgery?

Why did you get plastic surgery?  Are you able to share the details with us?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 04:51:42 PM »

Should have got this face transplant Tongue

Tongue

I believe in a basic right for all Atlasians to have plastic surgery as they wish.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 05:04:50 PM »

Mr. Dkrol, do you have a plan to tackle poverty in Atlasia?

If so, can you elaborate for us, or will the reduction of poverty be part of your platform that will be announced at a later date?

Thank you.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 05:44:27 PM »

Mr. Dkrol, do you have a plan to tackle poverty in Atlasia?

If so, can you elaborate for us, or will the reduction of poverty be part of your platform that will be announced at a later date?

Thank you.

The best way to reduce poverty is to get people working well paying jobs. The best way to create meaningful, well paying jobs is by inspiring businesses by cutting taxes. As a Senator, I will propose a series of tax cuts for small businesses, because small businesses are the backbone of a thriving economy.

I also believe that the key to reducing poverty is a good education. As a Senator, I will work with Regional Executives to create a bottom-up approach that keeps the interest of localities, and the specific needs of each Region, in mind when forming an education policy. It is at the local and Regional level that many jobs are created.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 12:13:47 AM »

What is your opinion on people being punished with banishment for attempts at secession or rebellion?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 12:29:54 AM »

What is your opinion on people being punished with banishment for attempts at secession or rebellion?

I think we need to access each situation on a case by case basis. I don't think we should have a policy that reads "If you say the word secession, you're banned forever". I also don't think that the almost constant political turmoil we've had recently is healthy for Atlasia.

What we really need to do is have an open exchange of ideas so that we can avert these rebellions, acts of terrorism, and secessions before they happen. We need to have a place for people to vent about the issues that would otherwise lead such actions and actual respond to the needs of the people so that they don't feel the need to respond so drastically.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 12:23:11 PM »

Civic Renewal Party Secretary DKrol (CR-MA) casts his ballot in his hometown of North Adams, Massachusetts

Polls are open after this rather short campaign and I hope that everyone heads out to vote - regardless of who they cast their ballot for.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2015, 02:33:19 PM »

If I could vote, you would have mine!!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2015, 02:55:44 PM »

Thank you!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2015, 09:09:00 AM »

This election is extremely close and every vote matters - I encourage everyone who hasn't voted yet to turn out and vote.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2015, 09:16:19 AM »

What's your opinion on a Constutional Convention?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2015, 09:23:06 AM »

I feel that there is merit - we cannot go carte blanche and jump ship on this - in redesigning the way Atlasia works. A lot of people have put in a lot of work, too much for me to be comfortable dumping it or letting it die. I support the Convention.

The Convention will likely see regional borders redrawn and some offices eliminated. If that is the price we must pay to ensure that Atlasia continues, so be it. We need to sit down and really think "What is best for the future of Atlasia" and go from there. I do not believe that saying "Screw it, shut her down" is what is right for Atlasia - what is right is looking at the issues and finding a good compromise to revamps things.

I will do what it takes to make sure that this game is around for another 11 years.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2015, 09:24:12 AM »

I feel that there is merit - we cannot go carte blanche and jump ship on this - in redesigning the way Atlasia works. A lot of people have put in a lot of work, too much for me to be comfortable dumping it or letting it die. I support the Convention.

The Convention will likely see regional borders redrawn and some offices eliminated. If that is the price we must pay to ensure that Atlasia continues, so be it. We need to sit down and really think "What is best for the future of Atlasia" and go from there. I do not believe that saying "Screw it, shut her down" is what is right for Atlasia - what is right is looking at the issues and finding a good compromise to revamps things.

I will do what it takes to make sure that this game is around for another 11 years.
Would you sign the petition for the Convention?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2015, 10:23:45 AM »

Would you sign the petition for the Convention?
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2015, 04:10:41 PM »

Endorsed
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2015, 07:17:08 AM »

I'd like to thank everyone who's endorsement, that voted for me, and that helped lead the ideological discussions of this race.

I will wait for the official vote count before saying anything else.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2015, 07:20:26 AM »

So will I. But in a meantime, regardless of the final count, I'd like to personally thank you for waging such a strong, yet civil, campaign. The winner of this election is an Atlasian democracy.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2015, 07:22:19 AM »

So will I. But in a meantime, regardless of the final count, I'd like to personally thank you for waging such a strong, yet civil, campaign. The winner of this election is an Atlasian democracy.

I can only concur. You were a remarkably amicable opponent and I'm glad that it was you and eye.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2015, 07:23:52 AM »

You ran a great race DKrol. Thanks for running!!!!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2015, 09:22:52 AM »

I've run the numbers several times and I'm ready to officially concede this race. Congratulations to Senator Kal. We may not have had the best relationship but I'm glad that, if it's not me going to the Senate it's you.

I've thought this over for some time and I've made a decision. I am taking a sabbatical from Atlasian Elections. I will not stand for election to any office within Atlasia for the next three months. I may stick my nose in from time to time to comment on things and vote, but I won't be a candidate myself (baring any dramatic turn of events or strong persuasion).

I'd like to take some time and return to intensive TL writing, which was my start on these boards and is my passion.

Thank you and Dave Bless.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2015, 03:26:25 PM »

You ran a strong campaign and would have made a great Senator. I hope to see you back here in the future.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2015, 09:18:04 PM »

Thank you for your service. You did a good job as officeholder and had strong results in national campaigns. I hope the country benefits of your presence in the future.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies