Rank the GOP candidates from least conservative to most conservative (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:32:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Rank the GOP candidates from least conservative to most conservative (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rank the GOP candidates from least conservative to most conservative  (Read 2032 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: July 01, 2015, 08:37:26 AM »
« edited: July 01, 2015, 08:49:34 AM by Torie »

I think a listing order does not make much sense, particularly since there is a variation, depending upon whether it is social policy or economic policy or foreign policy. This is the best that I can do that is at all useful to me, and even this is really rather crude and somewhat inaccurate generalizations, with the order within a category having no significance.

Interestingly, the candidate with whom I agree the least I suspect is Huckabee, with whom I agree on almost nothing really.

If one divided by smarts, or by adequate experience to be POTUS, or by better or worse judgment and temperament to be POTUS (with judgement and temperament to me, along with experience, often, perhaps even typically, being more important than ideology), the groupings would be somewhat different.

Less conservative
Pataki
Rubio
Bush
Kasich
Graham
Fiorina
Christie

More conservative
Santorum (protectionist tendencies)
Walker
Carson