Southron posters: Have you ever owned any Confederate flag mechandise?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:16:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Southron posters: Have you ever owned any Confederate flag mechandise?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Well?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 41

Author Topic: Southron posters: Have you ever owned any Confederate flag mechandise?  (Read 2235 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 01, 2015, 07:44:47 AM »

Yes, I had a C.S. hat with a Confederate flag on it that was a gift from my grandmother when I was in like fourth or fifth grade. My mom hated it and didn't let me wear it, thankfully.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 07:56:25 AM »

I owned a couple of different Dukes of Hazard toy cars, but that probably doesn't count and I'm not southern.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 08:01:34 AM »

Not southern, but one time when I was eight at a hift shop in Gettysburg my dad had me and my brother wear a Confederate and Union hat, respectively, so he could take our picture, and I forgot to take mine off when we left the store, so now I have a Confederate hat.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 11:03:54 AM »

Yes.

1) A model of the General Lee from the Dukes of Hazzard
2) A Mississippi state flag
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 11:50:16 AM »

No. I am not really from the "southern" part of Florida in the cultural sense.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 03:30:20 PM »

I believe I had (have?) one in my collection of small flags.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 03:38:31 PM »

No. I am not really from the "southern" part of Florida in the cultural sense.

Florida: The more north you go, the more "south" it gets Tongue
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 03:47:40 PM »
« Edited: July 01, 2015, 04:08:03 PM by Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death Points »

Not southern, but I have had several because central south Jersey. I may have bought one myself (though probably not - it would've been from Williamsburg, VA if I did), but I was frequently given the likes of Confederate trinkets in high school as I went two towns south of me.

Where any if it is now, I don't have a clue because I don't care much about it. Buried in my closet surely.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 06:20:08 PM »

Not that I can think of.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 06:30:37 PM »

I have a few replica Confederate bills lying around somewhere - I assume a few of them have the flag on them.
Doubtful. Flags are rarely on paper money. An engraving won't convey color and the primary purpose of illustrations on paper money is to make counterfeiting difficult.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 06:46:22 PM »

Yes, I owned several books on black Confederates (since then given away), as well as a Confederate battle flag I bought while I was in Savannah.  And I still have it. 
tschandler
Rookie
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 02:35:31 AM »

I've owned a t-shirt with "Dixie Outfitters" on it.  It was a popular shirt line about a decade ago.  It had a black labrador on the back.   And my parents own Alabama's (the country group) album that has it on it.  But other than that we've never been big on the confederate flag in my area.  I live in Northeast Alabama, and it is way more pro confederate (as a Southern pride thing) than it was during the actual war.   This area was pro Union. 
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 03:04:49 AM »

I got this beach towel when I was like 11 (in Tampa, no less) - I still have it. I've been contemplating burning it or throwing it away, but damn if it's not a good towel...I use it regularly as a traditional towel. It's held up really well - probably the best towel I have right now. On one hand, I despise all that it stands for, but on the other hand, it's a really good and durable towel...

Sad
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 07:05:54 AM »

I got this beach towel when I was like 11 (in Tampa, no less) - I still have it. I've been contemplating burning it or throwing it away, but damn if it's not a good towel...I use it regularly as a traditional towel. It's held up really well - probably the best towel I have right now. On one hand, I despise all that it stands for, but on the other hand, it's a really good and durable towel...

Sad

Just think about it as if you are wiping your dick with a Confederate flag.  No need to get rid of a good and durable towel.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 09:49:17 AM »

No, not Southern, but you will see it around rural Pennsylvania occasionally. Less, I think, in recent years, but occasionally.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2015, 11:32:25 PM »

I live in the South, but am not culturally Southern, and 'no'.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2015, 12:02:52 PM »

I've owned a t-shirt with "Dixie Outfitters" on it.  It was a popular shirt line about a decade ago.  It had a black labrador on the back.   And my parents own Alabama's (the country group) album that has it on it.  But other than that we've never been big on the confederate flag in my area.  I live in Northeast Alabama, and it is way more pro confederate (as a Southern pride thing) than it was during the actual war.   This area was pro Union. 
I remember Dixie Outfitters. Those shirts are still popular in Vero, which is the only "southern" (well, most southern people in Vero are only second generation Floridians) part of Florida that I regularly visit.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2015, 09:25:23 AM »

I was traveling this weekend to see family, so yesterday I was at the toll booth getting ready to get off the PA turnpike and onto I-79 when I found an SUV in front of me. The guy had a bumper sticker on the back window that read, "The US Constitution: Frustrating liberals since 1789!" Below it was a rebel flag sticker. Michigan plate. Needless to say, I don't think he understands much about history (wonder how he would have liked being a slave?), or whatever he thinks he knows was filtered through some nutcase, and he probably doesn't know much about the Confederacy. The Confederacy is a twisted, idealized conservative paradise, I guess.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2015, 03:17:45 PM »

I was traveling this weekend to see family, so yesterday I was at the toll booth getting ready to get off the PA turnpike and onto I-79 when I found an SUV in front of me. The guy had a bumper sticker on the back window that read, "The US Constitution: Frustrating liberals since 1789!" Below it was a rebel flag sticker. Michigan plate. Needless to say, I don't think he understands much about history (wonder how he would have liked being a slave?), or whatever he thinks he knows was filtered through some nutcase, and he probably doesn't know much about the Confederacy. The Confederacy is a twisted, idealized conservative paradise, I guess.

Should've given him the "northern salute"
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2015, 03:37:10 PM »

tangentially related: i have a north korea scarf that was on clearance after the 2010 world cup.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2015, 03:40:48 PM »

The funny thing is, unless you equate racism or the simple characteristic of being from the South with conservatism (as I'm sure several red avatars do), there wasn't much conservative about the CSA.  It certainly wasn't run with small government principles, it certainly wasn't very fiscally conservative and it only respected the Constitution when it felt it was on its side...
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2015, 04:02:29 PM »

No, and not Southern obviously. The South is by far the region of the US in which I'm the least traveled, so it's kind of surprising how much I have seen the Confederate flag. I've seen a lot in rural eastern Oregon.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2015, 04:10:18 PM »

Should've given him the "northern salute"

He probably got a few of those and had no idea why! Ha.

The funny thing is, unless you equate racism or the simple characteristic of being from the South with conservatism (as I'm sure several red avatars do), there wasn't much conservative about the CSA.

That might be, but what bothers me is that there is evidently a segment of the far Right that views it that way.

I'm sure there are folks out there who know what they're doing when they display things like that, but I guess I'm just assuming that a lot of people who do, especially in the North, are really doing it out of delusion and false belief. 
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2015, 04:13:42 PM »

The funny thing is, unless you equate racism or the simple characteristic of being from the South with conservatism (as I'm sure several red avatars do), there wasn't much conservative about the CSA.  It certainly wasn't run with small government principles, it certainly wasn't very fiscally conservative and it only respected the Constitution when it felt it was on its side...

it was founded to protect traditional social structures from reformers. that's pretty much the definition of conservatism.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2015, 08:31:41 AM »

What's a Southron poster?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies