Southron posters: Have you ever owned any Confederate flag mechandise? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:23:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Southron posters: Have you ever owned any Confederate flag mechandise? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 41

Author Topic: Southron posters: Have you ever owned any Confederate flag mechandise?  (Read 2254 times)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« on: July 02, 2015, 09:49:17 AM »

No, not Southern, but you will see it around rural Pennsylvania occasionally. Less, I think, in recent years, but occasionally.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 09:25:23 AM »

I was traveling this weekend to see family, so yesterday I was at the toll booth getting ready to get off the PA turnpike and onto I-79 when I found an SUV in front of me. The guy had a bumper sticker on the back window that read, "The US Constitution: Frustrating liberals since 1789!" Below it was a rebel flag sticker. Michigan plate. Needless to say, I don't think he understands much about history (wonder how he would have liked being a slave?), or whatever he thinks he knows was filtered through some nutcase, and he probably doesn't know much about the Confederacy. The Confederacy is a twisted, idealized conservative paradise, I guess.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 04:10:18 PM »

Should've given him the "northern salute"

He probably got a few of those and had no idea why! Ha.

The funny thing is, unless you equate racism or the simple characteristic of being from the South with conservatism (as I'm sure several red avatars do), there wasn't much conservative about the CSA.

That might be, but what bothers me is that there is evidently a segment of the far Right that views it that way.

I'm sure there are folks out there who know what they're doing when they display things like that, but I guess I'm just assuming that a lot of people who do, especially in the North, are really doing it out of delusion and false belief. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies