Tennessee Hardware Store puts up "no gays allowed" sign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:25:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Tennessee Hardware Store puts up "no gays allowed" sign
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Tennessee Hardware Store puts up "no gays allowed" sign  (Read 3212 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2015, 12:22:05 PM »

I love the imagery of taking down the "I hate gays" sign and putting up a "religious freedom" sign instead. Real good symbol of the religious rights new way of fighting equality.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2015, 07:19:52 PM »

Good to see the idiot owner adopting a somewhat more reasonable policy.  I'm still confused on how the selling of hardware has anything to do with homosexuality.

Doing business with someone can be considered endorsing their lifestyle choice, and also expose other customers with traditional values to a lifestyle choice they disagree with and which conflicts with their faith. We have to respect the freedom of conscience of the other customers of the store and members of the community who do not with to be implicated in sin nor have their children unexpectedly encounter people who are gay and get the wrong message about what's ok and not ok. What he's doing is legal, as others have said, and we have to consider this a legitimate expression of his religious faith (whatever that happens to be.)

We get it: you don't understand religion.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies