Tennessee Hardware Store puts up "no gays allowed" sign (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:26:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Tennessee Hardware Store puts up "no gays allowed" sign (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tennessee Hardware Store puts up "no gays allowed" sign  (Read 3266 times)
CountryClassSF

« on: July 01, 2015, 01:04:06 PM »

I do - but I don't like people like this guy being grouped in w/ Memories Pizza, bakeries etc.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 01:05:22 PM »

Freedom of association is a two way street. People are free to boycott this store, and I am sure the public outrage and typical hysterical reaction of the media will be more than enough to take down this sign.

See I agree with this - but the public never will.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 01:40:17 PM »

The free market always makes the choice. If a business owner is doing something objectionable, he will no longer get business.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 02:16:39 PM »

There is simply no comparison between some wacko in a hardware store in Tennessee to centuries of systemic discrimination and dehumanization of blacks. Sorry.

CountryClassSF

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 02:43:59 PM »

Per TheBlaze:

But on Tuesday, not long after word of the “No Gays Allowed” sign started spreading, Amyx replaced it with a sign that reads, “We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who would violate our rights of freedom of speech and freedom of religion.”

CountryClassSF

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 03:54:48 PM »

Sign has already come down and been replaced with a religious freedom sign.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 07:40:34 PM »

Within days, these owners will be millionaires just like sh**tty pizzeria from Indiana. I wish I owned a business and could scam right-wingers out of their money like this too.

I supported the Gofundme for the pizzeria.  I won't be supporting this guy.  There is a difference. You cannot compare the two.  Not wanting to participate in a ceremony is far different from saying "I don't serve gays."
CountryClassSF

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 07:48:08 PM »

Can someone tell me why one would care what the sexual orientation of your customers is?

Some people think that selling goods, food, etc. to gays is a violation of their religious faith and requiring them to engage in a blasphemous act.

Very few people
CountryClassSF

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 09:57:26 PM »

Family rejection by a white family of the mulatto children resulting from the white sons 'sowing their wild oats' among slave women.

On the other side -- literal beatings of both.

Matthew Shepard = Emmett Till

Matthew Shepard wasn't killed because he was gay. However, the killers used his sexuality to lure him to rob him. It was awful.   They should have been given the death penalty for what they did.

But the point I'm trying to make is, that this  nut in Tennessee, is not Memories Pizza. Its not Baronelle.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies