Tennessee Hardware Store puts up "no gays allowed" sign (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:59:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Tennessee Hardware Store puts up "no gays allowed" sign (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tennessee Hardware Store puts up "no gays allowed" sign  (Read 3248 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: July 01, 2015, 06:32:25 PM »

Within days, these owners will be millionaires just like sh**tty pizzeria from Indiana. I wish I owned a business and could scam right-wingers out of their money like this too.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 06:50:37 PM »

Within days, these owners will be millionaires just like sh**tty pizzeria from Indiana. I wish I owned a business and could scam right-wingers out of their money like this too.

The pizzeria got support because it closed down for a while after they were threatened with violence for responding to a hypothetical question asked by a reporter about catering a gay wedding.  They did not go out of their way to antagonize or make gays excluded.  That was not like this.

It's exactly like this. Some two-bit pizzeria realized all they had to do to become millionaires was say they don't like gays, and lo and behold, the money rolls in. It was obvious from the beginning that whatever local backlash they received would be more than made up for by the gullible Right.

We'll see if this hardware shop goes the same way, but I have no doubt the owner is trying for that.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 07:46:29 PM »
« Edited: July 01, 2015, 07:48:05 PM by Harry »

The pizzeria got support because it closed down for a while after they were threatened with violence for responding to a hypothetical question asked by a reporter about catering a gay wedding.  They did not go out of their way to antagonize or make gays excluded.  That was not like this.

It's exactly like this. Some two-bit pizzeria realized all they had to do to become millionaires was say they don't like gays, and lo and behold, the money rolls in. It was obvious from the beginning that whatever local backlash they received would be more than made up for by the gullible Right.

We'll see if this hardware shop goes the same way, but I have no doubt the owner is trying for that.

That's a creative interpretation you got there.  Too bad it didn't make it onto the Snopes page about what really happened.

Obviously I can't prove the owners knew exactly what they were doing, but it didn't take a genius to know once the story broke that they would soon be set for life. And sure enough, they were.

It's equally obvious that this hayseed in Tennessee is trying to get a big payday with the same strategy, and he probably will.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies