Governor LePage endorses Christie
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:09:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Governor LePage endorses Christie
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Governor LePage endorses Christie  (Read 2266 times)
retromike22
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 01, 2015, 12:22:29 PM »

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/paul-lepage-endorces-chris-christie-2016-presidential-bid-119641.html?hp=r3_4

Also, I think Christie has lost his title for fattest governor:
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 12:31:55 PM »

With all of LePage's troubles, I don't think Christie should invite his endorsement.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 01:03:45 PM »

I haven't seen this many bullies since I read a Teddy Roosevelt speech.
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 01:37:59 PM »

Fat bully endorses fat bully.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 02:43:00 PM »

An unwelcome endorsement, surely.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 02:44:39 PM »

Good, hope Christie is the anti Jeb. Clinton can beat.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 02:49:56 PM »

Corrupt obese brothers
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 03:02:22 PM »

Damn. Christie suddenly looks so... thin.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 04:38:39 PM »

This is just another example of how diminished he is. Christie ran the RGA in 2014, which was all part of his master plan to become prez. He helped 24 current GOP governors get or keep their jobs.  You would imagine that Plan A was to have some high profile govs endorse him. Wouldn't you want your first one to be a big name? Of the 24 you have early state govs Terry Brandstad of IA and Nikki Haley of SC. You got Greg Abbot of TX (to maybe peel off some Cruz and Perry support). You got Sandoval and Martinez to show diversity. Maybe a Mary Falin to show base support. The list goes on. And the best he can come up with is LePage? The guy is a nutcase who may get impeached. Pathetic.
Horsemask

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: -4.87

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 04:59:55 PM »

No surprises here. It was Christie as head of the RGA that pumped millions upon millions of dollars into the race here to keep LePage in Augusta. They are close friends, they have similar brash personalities, etc.

If LePage ends up getting impeached, this will obviously look much worse than it already looks.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 07:54:35 AM »

LePage gives Christie some Tea Party gravitas.  LePage is a guy who'd never be elected if it weren't a 3 way race in ME.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 08:00:32 AM »

This is just another example of how diminished he is.

The joke writes itself.  Tongue
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 10:41:53 AM »

Interesting. I thought that Paul LePage would have endorsed Ted Cruz.
DS0816
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 10:51:08 AM »

Actually, it's not "interesting."
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 09:00:37 PM »

LePage isn't a guy to go quietly into that gentle good night.  He apparently wants to be a player in Presidential politics, and endorsing Christie is a way to do it.

Maine doesn't have a lot of conservative Republicans as officeholders.  LePage, as Governor, steals a little thunder from Susan Collins by coming out early for Christie, and this will generate some activity on Christie's behalf within Maine.  Perhaps LePage has his eye on a Senate seat in 2018 when Collins's term is up.  Collins is by no means a conservative, and LePage, having pulled out an unlikely reelection, may successfully challenge her for being the top Republican officeholder in Maine.  Christie isn't Ted Cruz, but he's probably the most conservative candidate Main Republicans could support.

LePage's move is also a direct shot across the bow of the SS Jeb Bush.  Bush has spent many a summer day at Kennebunkport, and I would think that the Bush local ties in Maine still count for something in GOP primaries.  This move does appear to have local politics written all over it.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2015, 09:20:55 PM »

LePage isn't a guy to go quietly into that gentle good night.  He apparently wants to be a player in Presidential politics, and endorsing Christie is a way to do it.

Maine doesn't have a lot of conservative Republicans as officeholders.  LePage, as Governor, steals a little thunder from Susan Collins by coming out early for Christie, and this will generate some activity on Christie's behalf within Maine.  Perhaps LePage has his eye on a Senate seat in 2018 when Collins's term is up.  Collins is by no means a conservative, and LePage, having pulled out an unlikely reelection, may successfully challenge her for being the top Republican officeholder in Maine.  Christie isn't Ted Cruz, but he's probably the most conservative candidate Main Republicans could support.

LePage's move is also a direct shot across the bow of the SS Jeb Bush.  Bush has spent many a summer day at Kennebunkport, and I would think that the Bush local ties in Maine still count for something in GOP primaries.  This move does appear to have local politics written all over it.

George HW Bush always claimed Maine as one of his home states, but that didn't stop him from coming in 3rd place after Perot.
Horsemask

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: -4.87

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2015, 10:04:37 PM »

LePage isn't a guy to go quietly into that gentle good night.  He apparently wants to be a player in Presidential politics, and endorsing Christie is a way to do it.

Maine doesn't have a lot of conservative Republicans as officeholders.  LePage, as Governor, steals a little thunder from Susan Collins by coming out early for Christie, and this will generate some activity on Christie's behalf within Maine. Perhaps LePage has his eye on a Senate seat in 2018 when Collins's term is up. Collins is by no means a conservative, and LePage, having pulled out an unlikely reelection, may successfully challenge her for being the top Republican officeholder in Maine.  Christie isn't Ted Cruz, but he's probably the most conservative candidate Main Republicans could support.

LePage's move is also a direct shot across the bow of the SS Jeb Bush.  Bush has spent many a summer day at Kennebunkport, and I would think that the Bush local ties in Maine still count for something in GOP primaries.  This move does appear to have local politics written all over it.

Collins' term isn't up until 2020. She was just re-elected last year. Could change if Collins decides to run for Governor in 2018, which has been a rumor up this way for a little bit.

If LePage survives any investigation over his current scandal and isn't impeached, I could possibly see him mounting a challenge to Angus King in 2018 for his Senate seat, but with how things have been going lately I don't see it happening, personally.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2015, 05:11:03 PM »

LePage isn't a guy to go quietly into that gentle good night.  He apparently wants to be a player in Presidential politics, and endorsing Christie is a way to do it.

Maine doesn't have a lot of conservative Republicans as officeholders.  LePage, as Governor, steals a little thunder from Susan Collins by coming out early for Christie, and this will generate some activity on Christie's behalf within Maine.  Perhaps LePage has his eye on a Senate seat in 2018 when Collins's term is up.  Collins is by no means a conservative, and LePage, having pulled out an unlikely reelection, may successfully challenge her for being the top Republican officeholder in Maine.  Christie isn't Ted Cruz, but he's probably the most conservative candidate Main Republicans could support.

LePage's move is also a direct shot across the bow of the SS Jeb Bush.  Bush has spent many a summer day at Kennebunkport, and I would think that the Bush local ties in Maine still count for something in GOP primaries.  This move does appear to have local politics written all over it.

http://bangordailynews.com/2015/07/01/politics/collins-endorses-jeb-bush-for-president/

Susan Collins has endorsed Jeb Bush.  Imagine that!
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2015, 07:02:10 PM »

He's angling for the Veep slot, should Christie emerge as the nominee.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2015, 03:49:30 AM »

You're also the guy who said Fiorina might win a state. If you're trolling, good job. If you actually believe these things, you have a lot to learn about American politics.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2015, 04:32:55 AM »

If he is "angling", he is casting his hook into waters devoid of fish.

It is extremely unwise for a Presidential nominee to select a running mate with problems. Think of Thomas Eagleton.

Allegations of corruption play badly in national politics.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2015, 07:25:36 AM »
« Edited: July 04, 2015, 07:32:06 AM by Fuzzy Bear »

It is extremely unwise for a Presidential nominee to select a running mate with problems. Think of Thomas Eagleton.

Christie oughta know, eh?

Who else would want LePage?http://www.salon.com/2015/06/30/paul_lepage_is_facing_impeachment_why_the_tea_party_heros_luck_may_have_finally_run_out/]

Christie oughta know, eh?

Who else would want LePage?http://www.salon.com/2015/06/30/paul_lepage_is_facing_impeachment_why_the_tea_party_heros_luck_may_have_finally_run_out/
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies