Current status of SSM in the holdout states (MAP) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:37:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Current status of SSM in the holdout states (MAP) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Current status of SSM in the holdout states (MAP)  (Read 22618 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 01, 2015, 08:30:42 AM »

She's an elected official, not an employee so she can't be fired, only impeached or voted out of office.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 04:21:25 PM »

This is fycked up.  They can't fire her for not doing this but they can jail her?

The world is oh so much safer I'm sure with her behind bars.   

She defied a direct court order. Go to jail. Go directly to jail. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.

This isn't monopoly, we are talking about real people.

Again, what would you propose instead?

If it's not worth removing her from office, then it is not worth jailing her.   If she is duly elected and can't be removed because her office is a trust from the people, then she is answerable to the people who can choose not to reelect her.  Or, if she is answerable to the law for her duties, then there should be a way to directly remove her from her office if she is not abiding by them.
A federal judge has no authority by which to remove a state official from office.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 04:28:38 PM »

People should not be jailed for trivialities.  It is sad we live in an age where "liberals" cannot understand this.
Willfully refusing to perform a civil function and even refusing to allow another to do so is no triviality. It is sad that you are unable to understand this.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 06:56:05 PM »

Personally I find it sickening that people can be jailed without even being charged with a crime.

It is a failure of her not doing her job, not that she has done anything she shouldn't have.  Is this a matter of criminal law or isn't it?  I can't fathom why it should be.
Well, if you want to turn it from civil contempt to a criminal case, then how about fraud for taking pay for a job she isn't doing?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 06:59:20 AM »

Badger that had some puzzling and/or facile interpretations of what I said but I appreciate the compliments nonetheless.
What you've been saying in this thread has been puzzling and/or facile. #FreeShua
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies