Current status of SSM in the holdout states (MAP) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:53:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Current status of SSM in the holdout states (MAP) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Current status of SSM in the holdout states (MAP)  (Read 22488 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: September 03, 2015, 02:56:05 PM »

People should not be jailed for trivialities.  It is sad we live in an age where "liberals" cannot understand this.

Why is it trivial for someone turned away from getting a marriage licence? Do they not matter?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 03:09:52 PM »

Until last year, Dutch municipalities had the right to hire officials who didn't want to issue marriage licences to gays - and we have had gay marriage since 2001...

Well I'm glad that's changed Smiley
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 03:25:02 PM »

I'd much rather she be removed (and I don't think she has any business being in public service given her actions), but there's no readily available way to do that, and since she is refusing a court order, and refusing to perform a service she was elected to perform, jail is the only option, and I applaud justice being served.

I think it might help nip these sorts of 'pleas' over religious beliefs in the bud. She's a four times married hypocrite which most of those who gripe over such things tend to be. Christians who are comfortable in their faith don't scream victimisation when asked to do a job.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 03:44:12 PM »

So what's the remedy? How do you discourage people like her from disobeying court orders?

Nothing. If you say you're a Christian (and maybe a Jew, but not Muslims) you should be able to do what the f-ck you want.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 04:52:42 PM »

Jesus shua you sound like a goddam fool. You really do. You're critiquing constitutional law and somersaulting over logic to support a narcissist who won't do her job or allow those she has authority over to do theirs.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 05:31:51 PM »

Jesus shua you sound like a goddam fool. You really do. You're critiquing constitutional law and somersaulting over logic to support a narcissist who won't do her job or allow those she has authority over to do theirs.

You may have trouble keeping up with my line of thought but that's no reason to get nasty.

I'm not being nasty. You sound foolish. Sleep on it and read what you've been saying in the morning.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 03:47:16 AM »

I'd much rather she be removed (and I don't think she has any business being in public service given her actions), but there's no readily available way to do that, and since she is refusing a court order, and refusing to perform a service she was elected to perform, jail is the only option, and I applaud justice being served.

I think it might help nip these sorts of 'pleas' over religious beliefs in the bud.
She's a four times married hypocrite which most of those who gripe over such things tend to be. Christians who are comfortable in their faith don't scream victimisation when asked to do a job.

I expected this to be humorous in retrospect, didn't expect it to be so soon.  Brilliant strategy now wasn't it?  You can always count on passionate people to just shut up by jailing them.

She is single handedly destroying any credibility religious exemption might have had. And you're cheering her on.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies