2016 Iowa Republican Caucuses Poll - July 2015
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 04:10:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  2016 Iowa Republican Caucuses Poll - July 2015
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will win the Iowa Republican Caucuses in 2016?
Chris Christie

Scott Walker

Jeb Bush

Ted Cruz

Mike Huckabee

Rand Paul

Marco Rubio

Rick Perry

Rick Santorum

John Kasich

Ben Carson

Bobby Jindal

Carly Fiorina

Lindsey Graham

Jim Gilmore

Bob Ehrlich

George Pataki

Donald Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Author Topic: 2016 Iowa Republican Caucuses Poll - July 2015  (Read 757 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 03, 2015, 03:53:25 AM »

Blue = announced candidacy.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 05:56:45 AM »

I'm going to predict Walker wins only Iowa and Wisconsin.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 07:23:36 AM »

Walker will most likely win Iowa. If not him maybe Rubio or Huckabee.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 02:05:47 PM »

Betting on a Walker implosion, I'll say Cruz wins Iowa, Santorum-style.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 02:07:48 PM »

Gilmore (normal)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 02:20:12 PM »

I'm leaning towards Paul edging out Huckabee to gain momentum to win the first three states before the establishment picks the best finisher in those (Rubio?).

Walker will crash and burn.
okierepublican
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 02:30:55 PM »

Walker will winsome of the states that border Wisconsin and nothing else.
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 02:39:07 PM »

Walker will implode before he gets to Iowa, and the Huckster will probably drop out and endorse Cruz or some similarly conservative candidate. I'll say Rubio wins narrowly with Paul and Cruz in a statistical tie for second, and Bush in a distant fourth.
Attorney General & Senator Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 02:46:05 PM »

Walker will most likely win Iowa. If not him maybe Rubio or Huckabee.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 02:48:57 PM »

Walker.
JonathanSwift
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2015, 03:05:16 PM »

Wisconsin Governor Scott Kevin Walker will win the Caucus, the nomination, and the Presidency.
Publius
Rookie

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2015, 04:41:26 PM »

I don't think Walker will quite click with Iowans when it comes to the retail stuff. We have two former Iowa winners in the field, and no one was picking them the previous summer. I think someone emerges out of the Huckabee/Santorum/Cruz/Carson four horsemen group, although nothing will come of that triumph in the long run.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2015, 04:51:48 PM »

I don't think Walker will quite click with Iowans when it comes to the retail stuff. We have two former Iowa winners in the field, and no one was picking them the previous summer. I think someone emerges out of the Huckabee/Santorum/Cruz/Carson four horsemen group, although nothing will come of that triumph in the long run.

This is the most sensible case, but the reason I have Huckabee coming close but not winning is because they all just have huge egos. Santorum barely won because Cain dropped and Bachmann and Perry's collapses were epic.

I don't doubt Cruz will fall apart from his high single digits, but I highly doubt by the scale of Bachmann - he is actually educated and ideologically consistent. Carson is smarter than Cain and polls fine. Santorum has no reason to drop unless he really doesn't get into a single debate over Perry. If he's polling 5-6% in Iowa by that time, he can point to the last surprise. I doubt he drops to endorse Huckabee.

There is no one with a legitimate case to drop out and the field is just too divided which is why its Paul for me right now. But there are too many contenders to judge this far just like 2012 when they gave it to Bachmann.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2015, 06:25:55 PM »
« Edited: July 03, 2015, 06:29:29 PM by Bull Moose Base »

This is the most sensible case, but the reason I have Huckabee coming close but not winning is because they all just have huge egos. Santorum barely won because Cain dropped and Bachmann and Perry's collapses were epic.

I don't doubt Cruz will fall apart from his high single digits, but I highly doubt by the scale of Bachmann - he is actually educated and ideologically consistent. Carson is smarter than Cain and polls fine. Santorum has no reason to drop unless he really doesn't get into a single debate over Perry. If he's polling 5-6% in Iowa by that time, he can point to the last surprise. I doubt he drops to endorse Huckabee.

There is no one with a legitimate case to drop out and the field is just too divided which is why its Paul for me right now. But there are too many contenders to judge this far just like 2012 when they gave it to Bachmann.

Santorum also needed Newt to collapse in December.

Walker could easily collapse though I don't think gaffes are the likely culprit; Iowa is the state of Jodi Ernst, Steve King and in presidential politics, Mike Huckabee. I'd say Walker has about a 50/50 chance to win it.

If so, I do think Cruz, Carson, Rubio and Huckabee are the likeliest beneficiaries but I wouldn't rule out Kasich, who is a serious Evangelical Christian. He won't necessarily resonate in Iowa, which he mocked as a crap state. And his Christian perspective may not be conservative enough for the Iowa GOP but it's possible he could cobble together a nice chunk between secular and Evangelical moderates. Looking forward to continued fighting between Walker, whose record is more conservative, and Kasich, whose record is less conservative/more effective.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2015, 07:32:05 PM »

But there are too many contenders to judge this far just like 2012 when they gave it to Bachmann.

Who's they?  The straw poll voters?  There is no straw poll this time.  And of course, Bachmann finished way behind in the caucuses.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2015, 07:33:33 PM »

Walker, with either Paul or Cruz in a close second and Carson falling to a not so distant third.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2015, 09:36:04 PM »

But there are too many contenders to judge this far just like 2012 when they gave it to Bachmann.

Who's they?  The straw poll voters?  There is no straw poll this time.  And of course, Bachmann finished way behind in the caucuses.

Sorry, very unclear but pundits were calling her the frontrunner I'm August which turned out to be horrible. The same thing may happen to Walker (without as horrifying a crash, but he is the frontrunner who I don't believe will remain as such by the time the caucuses roll around).
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2015, 09:37:35 PM »

Carson 
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »