Will Joe Biden finally Run? if YES, Will He Overtake Bernie in Poll?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:13:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Will Joe Biden finally Run? if YES, Will He Overtake Bernie in Poll?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Will Joe Biden finally Run? if YES, Will He Overtake Bernie in Poll?  (Read 2213 times)
ericpolitico
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 03, 2015, 04:38:37 AM »

Politico: Can’t let go of Joe

Joe Biden’s trial balloon is being inflated without him.

Seriously, people who claim to be insiders say, he’s going to run. Probably going to run. Definitely thinking about running.

They think. Or they want to think.

It’s not that Biden’s done anything different since the last round of will he/won’t he stories.

It’s not that he’s put together a campaign staff or made any of the most preliminary of moves to show he’s interested in a 2016 White House run.

But even as the vice president has focused on healing himself and his family after the death of his son Beau last month, there’s a group of people who can’t stop talking to him about his prospects, encouraging him to run. And they can’t stop talking to reporters about what they’ve said and what they think they’ve heard back, either.

Will he eventually run and create a bit problem for Hillaryland? and maybe overtake Bernie also in poll....

Not really sure about this,  is possible but I believe  Hillary is still going to win the nomination

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 08:46:37 AM »

No.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 09:47:15 AM »

I'd much prefer Joe Biden, he'd be a preferably better option than Hillary for many all too obvious reasons. He doesn't have any of the fatal achilles heels that Hillary possesses in abundance. If any Democrat is preferable in the White House, it's Joe Biden.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 09:51:17 AM »

I can't imagine how horrible it is to lose a son/daughter because I'm not a parent. I imagine Biden is going through a tough time beyond words and therefore, won't be running for President.

I pray for the Biden family.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 11:15:59 AM »

If he runs, he will win the nomination, as the Democrats come to their senses and realize what a treasure they have in him.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 12:25:56 PM »

I couldn't possibly imagine someone who just went through what he went through running for president.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 12:50:12 PM »

I couldn't possibly imagine someone who just went through what he went through running for president.
Publius
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 03:04:01 PM »

No. If Clinton wasn't running he surely would have given it a shot, and he might even be waiting to see if Clinton falls apart in some way, but this effort would be a mountainous uphill climb which would almost certainly end in defeat. Why end a long and storied career with a loss? Better to go out as a two-term vice-president who won his last two campaigns.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 04:41:00 PM »

136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 06:33:06 PM »

I highly doubt Biden will run, but he may be considering it now that he sees Sanders rising in the polls against HRC at least in Iowa and New Hampshire.

He may consider himself as Robert Kennedy to Sanders' Eugene McCarthy.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2015, 06:50:07 PM »

No. If Clinton wasn't running he surely would have given it a shot, and he might even be waiting to see if Clinton falls apart in some way, but this effort would be a mountainous uphill climb which would almost certainly end in defeat. Why end a long and storied career with a loss? Better to go out as a two-term vice-president who won his last two campaigns.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2015, 06:55:50 PM »

I echo the sentiments of dudeabides, I too can't imagine what trauma Joe Biden must be experiencing. Everyone knows how Joe Biden treasured his family. I can't even begin to understand what the poor man's anguish, as I have never been a parent. But my heart and prayers go out to the Biden family and hope the pain is assuaged by there faith. Rest in peace, Beau Biden.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2015, 07:00:48 PM »

I think he might, but I don't really know why he would. His views are really almost identical to HRC's.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2015, 07:03:58 PM »

But he doesn't have any identical baggage that besets HRC
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2015, 07:11:41 PM »

But he doesn't have any identical baggage that besets HRC

Biden has some baggage, but the real problem he has now is that people aren't expecting him to run.  Truthfully, I don't know how he'll shake up the race.
Cryptic
Shadowlord88

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -6.09

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2015, 10:47:41 PM »

No, he's not. He might've been considering it before, but I don't believe he is anymore.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2015, 05:59:05 AM »

Well, it doen't matter. Hillary will beat Sanders and Biden by a wide margin.

I also think that Biden would not win the general election against a moderate-conservative Republican like Bush or Christie. He would even lose to Walker, Rubio or Paul. Maybe he would beat a joke like Cruz, but everybody knows, that the Texas Senator won't win the GOP nomination.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2015, 10:24:54 AM »

Washington Times seems to think so.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jul/1/joe-biden-likely-to-join-2016-white-house-race-nex/

Obviously what he is going through now is unfathomable, but it may motivate him to put together a run. It is well known at this point that Beau, along with his other sons, wanted him to run.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2015, 06:53:44 PM »

The Democrats, vibrant, dynamic, new generation of leadership for America's future

Joe Biden, 73 by election day

Hillary Clinton, 69 by election day

Bernie Sanders, 75 by election day
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2015, 01:16:26 AM »

The Democrats, vibrant, dynamic, new generation of leadership for America's future

So... Three old white people are polling best in polls?

I thought Republicans were the ORWP(Old Rich White Party). To be fair, Clinton's the only one very rich - Sanders and Biden make from $125,000-$300,000, but the latter might be worth a few million in gross wealth.

That said, if he runs, he'll win either Iowa, where Clinton's machine is, or South Carolina of the early states. Winning either means he'll take the South, where Hillary is counting her base on, and give Sanders a chance at states like New Hampshire or Maine.

If Clinton can take the West, like California, and New York and the Industrial Midwest, she can win the nomination. If a Keith Ellison, Steve Bullock, or Evan Bayh jumps in, she'll have a brokered convention.

Jerry Brown, oddly enough, could take the entire West from Alaska to California to Montana to Arizona and give himself or Biden the industrial Midwest. If someone can keep anyone from emerging as the front-runner, it's Biden.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2015, 04:00:55 AM »
« Edited: July 06, 2015, 04:03:10 AM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

India hasn't had a President under 64 ever, and since 1986, the last 7 have been over 70. The current one will turn 80 this year. We'll be fine with a President who isn't the youngest.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2015, 04:05:27 AM »

Oh yeah I bet you loved Obama in 2008 then
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2015, 04:06:00 AM »

I thought Republicans were the ORWP(Old Rich White Party). To be fair, Clinton's the only one very rich - Sanders and Biden make from $125,000-$300,000, but the latter might be worth a few million in gross wealth.

Sanders and Biden aren't rich. They aren't millionaires.
ericpolitico
Rookie
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2015, 09:28:07 AM »

NY Post: It’s time for Joe Biden to jump into the 2016 race

Joe Biden generally doesn’t need much encouragement to run for president. He’s been doing it for a quarter-century.

And yet, just at the moment he’s arguably got his best shot ever, he’s getting gun-shy. So the press, usually dismissive of his chances, is nudging him in, announcing that this just might be, as veteran GOP operative Ed Rogers wrote in the Washington Post last week, “Biden’s moment.”

And perhaps the message is getting through: Jon Cooper, a top Democratic fundraiser from New York, told the Washington Times that the vice president is ready to run. “I’m as confident as I can be that he will be entering the race,” he said.

This is his last chance, and it’s also his best shot.

But would he dare disrupt Hillary’s “historic” coronation?

Hey, that’s just Joe being Joe. What can you do?

That perked up some ears at MSNBC. “I think he’s going to do it,” “Morning Joe” co-host Mika Brzezinski said with a smile. “That’s my gut.”
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2015, 06:00:44 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies