Is it time to end Atlasia?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:25:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Is it time to end Atlasia?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Poll
Question: Vote!
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Author Topic: Is it time to end Atlasia?  (Read 5035 times)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 03, 2015, 06:15:58 PM »

Self-explanatory. Go.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 06:16:39 PM »

No
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 06:17:40 PM »

11 years is a spectacularly good run for an online elections simulator, it's worth noting.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 06:18:26 PM »

I think it is, in all honesty. Alarm bells to that end probably should have went off in everyone's head when bore more or less won re-election essentially unopposed.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 06:19:25 PM »

Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 06:19:44 PM »

It's beyond embarrassing how inactive the "government" has become and how uncontested most elections are. As TNF pointed out, there are 2 candidates for 4 positions in the Midwest, and the only people who have voted are the 2 candidates themselves.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 06:20:13 PM »

In its current form? Absolutely. I have advocated as much for years: this is the meaning of reality or nothing.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 06:22:30 PM »

In its current form? Absolutely. I have advocated as much for years: this is the meaning of reality or nothing.

Exactly. We could start another small fantasy election game on this forum so it's not like people would have no venue to play something like this again.

The current game is dead beyond hope.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 06:38:51 PM »

I should note that I really feel bad for the active and committed Atlasians (TNF, Harry Truman, Flo, Sawx, Clyde, Bore, etc etc) that things have come to this. It's no fault of theirs.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 06:43:12 PM »

I certainly support a major overhaul of the game, but not within the context of this article. If this game is dead and deserves to be ended, then the same things justifying that will inevitably occur for any other type of simulator. Saying that a new version will create a game not worthy of being ended is essentially saying, "there are a couple dozen old forum members who used to play this game extensively and who don't anymore; getting them back will save everything". There are hundreds of people who are active on the forum. I think the real problem with the game - and we see this correlate pretty well with ebbs and flows in activity - is the percentage of members who are zombies. Weird, but often true.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2015, 07:02:21 PM »

But yes...this is exactly why we need three regions right now. Finding candidates for regional office at the moment is impossible (look at the Midwest, Pacific, and even the Northeast - which requires a lot of dredging each time to make happen). And if we're going to fix things, then that means people have to check their egos ("muh region is great and has no problems") at the door.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2015, 07:06:32 PM »

Yes, it's time. Whether that means another game or a reset is another thing, but current Atlasia is getting more and more dull and even pointless at times.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2015, 07:07:41 PM »

It's time for a 3 regions map basically. There are TOO MANY offices.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2015, 07:09:43 PM »

Yes, it's time. Whether that means another game or a reset is another thing, but current Atlasia is getting more and more dull and even pointless at times.

I never thought I'd see the day that you and I agreed on something. Fitting that it should be shrinking Atlasia to the size that it can be drowned in a bathtub.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2015, 07:11:45 PM »

what about eliminating regional governments entirely and having a somewhat bigger, bicameral federal government instead?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2015, 07:19:25 PM »

what about eliminating regional governments entirely and having a somewhat bigger, bicameral federal government instead?

Alienates too many people; will never be enacted
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2015, 07:24:13 PM »

But mostly the people it alienates are idiots. Let's be clear here: the moronic yelping for 'REGIONAL RIGHTS' was the moment at which the game embarked upon the path that led to its decrepitude.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2015, 07:27:22 PM »

Anyway, the game was started as an elections sim, not a government one. When it was at its best the elections were at the heart of it: and they were fun. Long ago and far away. Look what thou hath wrought, Atlasians.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2015, 07:33:45 PM »

I never thought I'd see the day that you and I agreed on something. Fitting that it should be shrinking Atlasia to the size that it can be drowned in a bathtub.

Well, we also tend to agree on supporting Palestine against Israel, but I can't deny it's not a bit bizarre.

Atlasia has the distinction of being a game that managed to last eleven years, a fantastic record by any measure. But that certainly doesn't mean the game should last forever, and it's not like we can clearly see light at the end of the tunnel.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2015, 07:35:18 PM »

But let's be clear here. Crystal clear. People like Griffin (and there have been plenty like him over the years) have no interest in making the game better, because they are the problem. Tin pot fantasy dictators marshalling grand armies of drones across a battered and broken landscape: that is the reality of the game at present.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2015, 07:48:11 PM »

But let's be clear here. Crystal clear. People like Griffin (and there have been plenty like him over the years) have no interest in making the game better, because they are the problem. Tin pot fantasy dictators marshalling grand armies of drones across a battered and broken landscape: that is the reality of the game at present.

Says the guy who's been playing for a decade, masquerading his own fantasy for destruction as a solution for everything
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2015, 08:51:13 PM »

Yes, it's past time!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2015, 09:41:25 PM »

It's beyond embarrassing how inactive the "government" has become and how uncontested most elections are. As TNF pointed out, there are 2 candidates for 4 positions in the Midwest, and the only people who have voted are the 2 candidates themselves.

dead0man isn't one of the candidates. I wish he would run, but still this "only voters are the two candidates, seems false on its head".

TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2015, 09:43:44 PM »

dead0man isn't one of the candidates. I wish he would run, but still this "only voters are the two candidates, seems false on its head".

It wasn't when the post was made, you dolt.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2015, 09:50:14 PM »

But mostly the people it alienates are idiots. Let's be clear here: the moronic yelping for 'REGIONAL RIGHTS' was the moment at which the game embarked upon the path that led to its decrepitude.

No, that was when this game was saved from the small exclusive vision you have for this game.

You have been treating people like crap for a decade. You as much as anyone is guilty of creating an environment where people just say "f this", I'm out.

You guys have never gave a damn about the mood on the right because frankly you have never needed or wanted a right in this game. You don't need them when there is no gov't sim or Game engine to make elections worth anything more then just personality contests.

The problem is not us Regionalists, the problem is people like you calling people you disagree with idiots all the time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies