Is it time to end Atlasia? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:51:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Is it time to end Atlasia? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Vote!
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Author Topic: Is it time to end Atlasia?  (Read 5117 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

« on: July 03, 2015, 06:18:26 PM »

I think it is, in all honesty. Alarm bells to that end probably should have went off in everyone's head when bore more or less won re-election essentially unopposed.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 07:09:43 PM »

Yes, it's time. Whether that means another game or a reset is another thing, but current Atlasia is getting more and more dull and even pointless at times.

I never thought I'd see the day that you and I agreed on something. Fitting that it should be shrinking Atlasia to the size that it can be drowned in a bathtub.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 09:43:44 PM »

It's beyond embarrassing how inactive the "government" has become and how uncontested most elections are. As TNF pointed out, there are 2 candidates for 4 positions in the Midwest, and the only people who have voted are the 2 candidates themselves.

dead0man isn't one of the candidates. I wish he would run, but still this "only voters are the two candidates, seems false on its head".

It wasn't when the post was made, you dolt.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 10:00:09 PM »

If people quit the Senate because of 'me and my mouth,' they have much deeper issues than holding office in a pretend politics game.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 10:07:03 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you North Carolina Yankee. Exhibit A for why this game is dead.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 09:51:26 AM »

I'm certainly not saying that we should 'End Atlasia Now' and not replace it with anything. We need an election sim, but this one is basically past it's expiration date. I'm personally partial to creating a parliamentary sim with districts based on large areas of the United States, myself.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 08:27:09 AM »

I still find it funny that Mr. Holds Office for 5 years and then gets voted out but decides to run again five minutes later is calling me the problem with Atlasia. The problem is that a few old bogeys become the nexus for the entire game because of its sh**t structure, and then never retire. Did I stay in the Senate for too long? Probably so. I was there for two years. But at least I had the good sense to retire. North Carolina Yankee will be in the Senate in 2025 if nothing drastic is done to fix this game now. (And hopefully if that's the case he's the only one playing, quoting the Federalist Papers and debating himself on legislation to ban immigration or whatever loony ideas he has coming down the pipe)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies