Primary calendar / poll closing times and delegate allocation megathread (Christmas is saved!) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:38:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Primary calendar / poll closing times and delegate allocation megathread (Christmas is saved!) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Primary calendar / poll closing times and delegate allocation megathread (Christmas is saved!)  (Read 34682 times)
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« on: August 26, 2015, 12:37:04 PM »

Colorado's beyond stupid.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 11:34:32 AM »

Looks like I'll be attending the Dem caucus and voting for Sanders/Biden/Webb, then, and hoping at least one race is competitive when the primary rolls around.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 11:21:56 AM »

Question for jimrtx, or anyone else who knows this stuff better than I do:

I was thinking about the longshot "no one finishes the primaries with a majority of delegates" scenario.  If you go to the Atlas's "results" page for the 2012 GOP primaries, Romney only has 51.3% of the delegates.  A whopping 29% are "unallocated".  Who are these unallocated delegates?  I'm assuming that some of them are the three party officials for each state, but also unbound delegates from caucus states, and unbound delegates from states like Pennsylvania which have wonky rules about delegate selection?

Given that the RNC now requires the straw poll results in caucus states to bind the votes of delegates in those states, I'm assuming that this "unallocated" number will be significantly smaller than 29% this time?  Any idea how much smaller?

And are these people likely to be pro-establishment candidates?  Or not?

Some of those are listed as unallocated because Dave only binds caucus delegates at the convention level, and he often doesn't have results for those. For example, Washington's 40 delegates are never allocated on the 2012 results page. Similarly with Iowa and Maine. There are also a bunch of "unallocated" delegates on some of the conventions pages, e.g. Minnesota, Missouri, and Colorado.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 11:05:27 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2016, 11:11:28 PM by realisticidealist »

Do we know if Colorado and Wyoming will still be holding non-binding caucuses just for the sake of it? If so, what will be considered the "results"?

Colorado will have no preference poll and leave their delegates unbound until the state convention. I've read conflicting information about Wyoming, but I don't believe they're having a poll either (same with ND).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies