Lindsey Graham to Voter Suggesting Banning Islam: ‘I Don’t Want Your Vote’
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:32:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Lindsey Graham to Voter Suggesting Banning Islam: ‘I Don’t Want Your Vote’
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Lindsey Graham to Voter Suggesting Banning Islam: ‘I Don’t Want Your Vote’  (Read 3018 times)
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 04, 2015, 09:21:49 AM »

http://www.mediaite.com/online/lindsey-graham-to-voter-suggesting-banning-islam-i-dont-want-your-vote/
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 10:17:33 AM »

Sad that this counts as courageous but good for him I guess.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 10:26:28 AM »

Wow, I never thought I'd say this about Lindsey Graham, but FF.

Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 10:47:10 AM »

Graham's part of the War Party, so I'm not real supportive of him, but he's personally more reasonable than a lot of folks running.  I believe that he is a genuine non-racist in the GOP, and he doesn't always get credit for that, being from South Carolina.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 11:35:26 AM »

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am starting to slightly grow on Lindsey Graham. Just slightly.
Horsemask

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: -4.87

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 12:15:28 PM »

Well done by Senator Graham
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 12:33:29 PM »

This year's Huntsman. He's got a ton going for him, but he has no chance of winning.
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2015, 12:47:05 PM »

This year's Huntsman. He's got a ton going for him, but he has no chance of winning.

He may outlast a number of candidates.  If there's an armed conflict that arises between now and the primaries his stock could go up considerably.  But, no, I don't really see him winning.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2015, 01:31:08 PM »

This doesn't make him Huntsman. I'm sure ALL the Republican candidates oppose banning Islam.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2015, 02:55:29 PM »

I saw a video of Lindsey at the IAFF presidential forum from March of this year. I have to tell you, he was the most impressive of the crew. Very personable, reasonable, and moderate. I think his stock is undervalued.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2015, 03:13:07 PM »

Any sane politician knows the negatives of reprimanding one bigot at a campaign event are far outweighed by the infinite negatives of agreeing that America can and should arbitrarily ban the practice of certain religions.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2015, 03:24:49 PM »

The establishment has always been kind when it comes to race. I just dislike the fact that they aren't conservatives. It amazes me how the conservatives are the ones with racist ties.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://theweek.com/articles/462418/rand-pauls-troubling-ties-racists

The problem with Donald Trump and Rand Paul is that they are not conservative and have race issues. Paul has been okay with white supremacists and Trump is using race as a wedge issue in his campaign. 
RR1997
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2015, 03:26:27 PM »

FF!

People tend to forget that Graham is actually a sane GOPer outisde of foreign policy issues.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2015, 03:40:36 PM »

The establishment has always been kind when it comes to race. I just dislike the fact that they aren't conservatives. It amazes me how the conservatives are the ones with racist ties.

The problem with Donald Trump and Rand Paul is that they are not conservative and have race issues. Paul has been okay with white supremacists and Trump is using race as a wedge issue in his campaign. 
It's absurd to put Rand in the same category as Trump. He has made minority outreach a center point of his campaign and has actually taken concrete steps to address prison reform along with Senator Booker.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2015, 05:51:48 PM »

FF!

People tend to forget that Graham is actually a sane GOPer outisde of foreign policy issues.

The Faustian Bargain of Republican Neoconservatism: "We'll treat the American working poor like human beings, but only if you let us use poor brown people in other countries for target practice."
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2015, 07:00:13 PM »

If Graham didn't want to turn the entire Asian continent into a parking lot, I'd gladly vote for him if he was in the general
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2015, 07:02:01 PM »

Wulfric met Lindsey Graham?
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2015, 08:50:47 PM »

Huh Rand has never been associated with white-supremacists. It was only his father. And that is a problem. Also, we all know Trump isn't a racist. The problem is that we have racists that are more conservative than the moderates and the establishment, who in fact are not conservative

I just quoted you an instance when Rand Paul had a white supremacist on payroll. The guy opposes the Civil Rights Act of 1964, who else would oppose that? Answer: racists.

Donald Trump is a bigot who is clueless on issues. People that come here and commit crimes in addition to being here illegally commit crimes because they are bad people, not because of their backround. By the way, illegal immigration doesn't just cost taxpayers billions, Donald Trump has cost taxpayers millions himself and he's just one person!

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2015, 12:38:27 AM »

This doesn't make him Huntsman. I'm sure ALL the Republican candidates oppose banning Islam.

Yes, but will they admit it?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2015, 02:25:50 AM »

Huh Rand has never been associated with white-supremacists. It was only his father. And that is a problem. Also, we all know Trump isn't a racist. The problem is that we have racists that are more conservative than the moderates and the establishment, who in fact are not conservative

I just quoted you an instance when Rand Paul had a white supremacist on payroll. The guy opposes the Civil Rights Act of 1964, who else would oppose that? Answer: racists.

Donald Trump is a bigot who is clueless on issues. People that come here and commit crimes in addition to being here illegally commit crimes because they are bad people, not because of their backround. By the way, illegal immigration doesn't just cost taxpayers billions, Donald Trump has cost taxpayers millions himself and he's just one person!

Well that's untrue, and lazy. George Smathers who quite frankly wasn't racist voted against the civil rights act, heck JFK voted against the 1957 one.

I'd rather have Paul, who'd reform prisons and drug sentencing than Bush or Walker
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2015, 05:51:28 AM »

Well that's untrue, and lazy. George Smathers who quite frankly wasn't racist voted against the civil rights act, heck JFK voted against the 1957 one.

I'd rather have Paul, who'd reform prisons and drug sentencing than Bush or Walker

Smathers primaried Claude Pepper partially over the latter's support of civil rights, signed the Southern Manifesto, called Brown a "clear abuse of judicial power", abstained (a tacit nay) on Thurgood Marshall's confirmation to the Court, and publicly denounced MLK (offering to pay an imprisoned MLK's bail only if he left the state). Find a better anti-racist hero.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2015, 08:08:01 AM »

First of all, who they hire is far less important than the candidates' positions on the issues. I make it no secret that Rand, by far, matches the most with me on the issues in the major two parties. Criminal justice reform, auditing the fed, abiding by the constitution, limiting the government, not sending us into any more stupid foreign wars...good things. His questionable campaign staffing decisions are nothing more than media/internet forum fodder.

Re: Civil Rights Act. Who else would oppose that, other than racists? People who are concerned with the expansion of government's role, even for good things.

Quote from: Restricted

He's not racist. Accusations as such to defame his character (why? So another freaking Bush can go lose to Hillary?) are uncalled for. He wants limited government. If you don't like that, that's okay. It's a free country. With a President Rand, the constitution will be upholded so that will continue.

Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh in any of that, but I have trouble when the only sane guy in the race is being blasted for silly wedge issues that no one understands his position on. He's not a perfect candidate, and he's creating confusion by trying to appeal to Libertarians, Conservatives, and Moderates at the same time, but he's a lot better than any of the other candidates.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2015, 06:02:13 PM »

How dare you compare this fiend to Huntsman.

Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2015, 06:30:10 PM »

Graham also believes in science. Not that I'm a fan of him, or Huntsman.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2015, 06:45:26 PM »

Graham also believes in science. Not that I'm a fan of him, or Huntsman.

So does Pataki. Graham and Pataki will be fighting over that one Republican voter who votes only for someone who believes in science.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies