Petition for a Constitutional Convention, that would reform Atlasia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:49:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Petition for a Constitutional Convention, that would reform Atlasia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Petition for a Constitutional Convention, that would reform Atlasia  (Read 7898 times)
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2015, 06:36:20 AM »

X Bore

I share oakvale's concerns that this might become bogged down in tedious and cosmetic debates, but a ConCon is basically the only way we can change anything, so it is worth a go.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2015, 08:30:17 AM »

As expected, the reformists find their feel-good alternative to actual change. This will amount to nothing, because you'll all get there and then listen to Mr. Five-Year Senator talk about muh Federalist Papers and muh REGIONAL RITES and then nothing will change because King Yankee thinks that this game is his and it should be so for all eternity.

If you want real change, the answer is not reform, but a clean reset. No constitutional convention, no petitions for this or that incremental reform, but a clean end to this broken system and the creation of a new game.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2015, 08:34:29 AM »

As expected, the reformists find their feel-good alternative to actual change. This will amount to nothing, because you'll all get there and then listen to Mr. Five-Year Senator talk about muh Federalist Papers and muh REGIONAL RITES and then nothing will change because King Yankee thinks that this game is his and it should be so for all eternity.

If you want real change, the answer is not reform, but a clean reset. No constitutional convention, no petitions for this or that incremental reform, but a clean end to this broken system and the creation of a new game.
TNF,
We want a total reset. All current laws are null and void, we will start from the beginning that's what the petition is for a Constutional Convention that would reset Atlasia. Please consider joining us!!!
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2015, 08:40:55 AM »

You say that, but it won't end up being that. I can already tell you. This movement will be taken over by the Dinosaurs and we'll end up back where we are one year from today.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2015, 08:46:29 AM »

What will most likely happen with a constitutional convention is that we fix some grammatical errors in the current constitution and claim that as MAJOR REFORM. The way the process is designed makes it virtually impossible to get anything of note actually passed.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2015, 08:50:21 AM »

What will most likely happen with a constitutional convention is that we fix some grammatical errors in the current constitution and claim that as MAJOR REFORM. The way the process is designed makes it virtually impossible to get anything of note actually passed.
Talleyrand,
We are t going to just fix a few grammatical errors. The day the petition passes. It will be that midnight after. Then all laws are null and void. And we start from the very beginning. That's how we are doing it the Constution will also be null and void. Please consider signing our petition.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2015, 08:56:54 AM »

It's time for an update.

X NHI
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2015, 08:58:27 AM »

I see the zombie campaign has already begun.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2015, 09:08:32 AM »

All of us agree that if we won't do something, Atlasia will die slowly.
Not only you TNF. You aren't the only person that want a reset, a new system, radical changes. We want radical changes, not only simple reforms. Only a Constitutional Convention can provide a new start for Atlasia and I hope you will join the movement and add your signature at the petition.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2015, 09:36:26 AM »

*snip* The way the process is designed makes it virtually impossible to get anything of note actually passed.

Could you please elaborate/explain what you meant regarding the ConCon process?  I'm not terribly familiar with the ConCon process (and I'm sure I'm not the only one who isn't), but if what you say really is true, I may have to withdraw my support/signature from this petition.  There've already been too many "reform" efforts in the past that were akin to putting band-aids on a stage IV cancer patient.  I didn't think that was the case with this, but if it is than it's important that folks know that sooner rather than later.

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2015, 10:21:55 AM »

x DKrol
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2015, 10:28:34 AM »
« Edited: July 05, 2015, 01:25:40 PM by Senator Cris »

UPDATE:

As of DKrol:

Mideast --> 3/25 (12%)
Northeast --> 5/20 (25%)
Midwest --> 2/16 (12.5%)
South --> 3/17 (17.6%)
Pacific --> 0/11 (0%)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2015, 10:34:30 AM »

Talleyrand,
We are t going to just fix a few grammatical errors. The day the petition passes. It will be that midnight after. Then all laws are null and void. And we start from the very beginning. That's how we are doing it the Constution will also be null and void. Please consider signing our petition.

That's not how a ConCon works. During a ConCon, the old constitution stays in effect until something new is passed and ratified by the people. If you want something of the like you propagate, draft an amendment to the constitution that says that the constitution is null and void and finished, and get that passed by the Senate and then by the regions.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2015, 10:51:37 AM »

Talleyrand,

That's not how a ConCon works. During a ConCon, the old constitution stays in effect until something new is passed and ratified by the people. If you want something of the like you propagate, draft an amendment to the constitution that says that the constitution is null and void and finished, and get that passed by the Senate and then by the regions.
It will never pass the Senate and the regions.
This is not right way to change, IMHO. With a Constitutional Convention, we can change a lot of things that are not working.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2015, 10:53:32 AM »

No we can't. The convention will inevitably be dominated by King Yankee, the Dinosaur Caucus, and the Zombie Armies of the do-nothings. We cannot waste time with another diversion if we mean to save Atlasia from itself.

Pull the plug on Atlasia, build something better. No to the Constitutional Convention!
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2015, 10:57:46 AM »

No we can't. The convention will inevitably be dominated by King Yankee, the Dinosaur Caucus, and the Zombie Armies of the do-nothings. We cannot waste time with another diversion if we mean to save Atlasia from itself.

Pull the plug on Atlasia, build something better. No to the Constitutional Convention!

It's not true. The Senate will decide how the Convention will work and, as Senator, I can assure to you that I'll do the best of my possibilities in order to have a Convention with active people and expecially a Convention that changes the things that are not working, that are a lot.
NO GRAMMATICAL CHANGES BUT RADICAL CHANGES.
NO SIMPLE REFORMS BUT A NEW START.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2015, 11:47:39 AM »

Also, if any of the dimwits that are behind this horrible idea had thought about this for at least two seconds, I am sure they would have found out that there has been a petition for a ConCon going on for nearly two years now, which leads us to two conclusions, a) that there wouldn't have been the slightest need for this new petition, and b) that it so simply impossible to call a Convention as, as we see, people have been trying it for two years continuously now, needless to say not successfully.

But I'm sure I will be called out for this because of this "calling people names is what destroyed Atlasia!!1!1!1" bs that has been going on the last few days.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2015, 11:51:55 AM »

Also, if any of the dimwits that are behind this horrible idea had thought about this for at least two seconds, I am sure they would have found out that there has been a petition for a ConCon going on for nearly two years now, which leads us to two conclusions, a) that there wouldn't have been the slightest need for this new petition, and b) that it so simply impossible to call a Convention as, as we see, people have been trying it for two years continuously now, needless to say not successfully.

But I'm sure I will be called out for this because of this "calling people names is what destroyed Atlasia!!1!1!1" bs that has been going on the last few days.

Well. I took a look at that petition, but it's of two years ago, and I don't know if it's still valid.
Also... the actual conditions are different than 2 years ago and so I think that many people would retract their signatures on that petition.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2015, 03:17:30 PM »

You guys should've just let me nuke the entire country, so it can start over from the ashes Tongue

Anyway, I've been supporting the reset for a long time. If elected Senator, I'm intending to try to start a serious discussion about this. For now, I sign this.

x Kalwejt
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2015, 04:10:18 PM »

xrpryor03
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2015, 05:33:27 PM »

xWindjammer
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2015, 06:51:31 PM »

then nothing will change because King Yankee thinks that this game is his and it should be so for all eternity.

Says the man who would be quite happy to off anybody he disagrees with and would rather deprive future players of the game rather then not get his way. Roll Eyes Your obsession is pretty damn disturbing.

There is no mechanism to do that. You guys love to destroy first and why should anyone who didn't trust your promsies with Rimjob trust to let you destroy the game now on the vague undefined promise of a complete restart, with no conception of how that is to be carried out.

This is just another IRC conspiracy with the desired goal of destruction first and foremost, and one has little reason to trust any promises made about completely restarting the game.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2015, 06:55:44 PM »

are you ok yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2015, 06:55:58 PM »

Why should you be getting defensive on name calling Cranberry?

Were all those people lying? They may have been exaggerating, but it says something when so many people point to the same damn thing for years.

This game is voluntary, people can leave anytime. Common sense tells you that driving it down to such depths is counterproductive. This is not the only or major problem, but it is a real problem and one with the increasing potential to cause us difficulty going forward.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2015, 06:59:07 PM »

Why wouldn't I be? Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies