Petition for a Constitutional Convention, that would reform Atlasia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:20:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Petition for a Constitutional Convention, that would reform Atlasia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: Petition for a Constitutional Convention, that would reform Atlasia  (Read 7911 times)
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 04, 2015, 12:30:16 PM »
« edited: July 07, 2015, 09:48:42 AM by Classic Conservative »

It, is sadly time that Atlasia has died. I support the opinion of creating a brand new Atlasia with a brand new Constitution to save our great Republic of Atlasia!!!
x Classic Conservative
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 01:02:05 PM »

It's time, and I'll campaign and lobby for this if it means we can get actual change.

x LumineVonReuental
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 01:34:10 PM »

Xdarthebearnc
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 01:37:56 PM »

JCL

A reboot sounds like a good idea. We could actually spend the time enumerate the powers delegated to the regions and the ones given to the National government. (Leads to stronger regional governments and a strong but limited national one)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 01:44:51 PM »
« Edited: July 04, 2015, 02:02:59 PM by Senator Cris »

x Cris

Alright! To reach our goal, we need a majority in at least 3 regions.

These are the regions number *

Mideast --> 25/48
Northeast -->20/38
Midwest --> 16/31
South --> 17/32 or 33 (33 if Hagrid's deregistration is invalid)
Pacific --> 11/21

* = Compared to the last RG's update, the South gained 1 citizen (Classic Conservative and Talleyrand in, Hagrid out) and the Northeast is unchanged (Talleyrand out, Pope Urban in)

As of a Person:

Mideast --> 2/25 (8%)
Northeast --> 1/20 (5%)
Midwest --> 1/16 (6.2%)
South --> 3/17 (17.6%)
Pacific --> 0/11 (0%)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 01:50:09 PM »

I'm firmly convinced that this would not fundamentally change anything due to opposition of certain notable dinosaurs.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 01:51:45 PM »

I'm firmly convinced that this would not fundamentally change anything due to opposition of certain notable dinosaurs.
Let's try it though maybe we could introduce a term limits admendment.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2015, 01:52:21 PM »

It looks like Cris has opened his official result count post, so that's good

X Enderman

+1 Yes, South

May I ask who these "notable dinosaurs" are?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2015, 01:57:01 PM »

There will be opposition, but it is still worth a try (certainly better than keeping up the pretence that some have of everything being fine in Atlasia).

By the way, Cris, Hagrid's deregistration seems to be invalid.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2015, 01:57:33 PM »

x evergreen
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2015, 01:59:30 PM »

The possibilities are endless!tm
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2015, 02:02:08 PM »
« Edited: July 06, 2015, 04:40:50 PM by Winter has come »

You're probably right, but why not give it a shot?  It's not like there's anything to lose.

X Mr. X

I am withdrawing my signature.  After talking with some folks who were here for the last ConCon, it's become obvious that this a terrible idea and won't lead to any remotely meaningful reform.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2015, 02:45:09 PM »

I'd support a constitutional convention, but not necessarily to restart Atlasia, just to reform it.

Really though, I think we just need policies centered on growth of population and activity.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2015, 03:48:14 PM »

I'd support a constitutional convention, but not necessarily to restart Atlasia, just to reform it.

Really though, I think we just need policies centered on growth of population and activity.
Leinad,
Senator Blair said earlier in another thread that we have already done everything they've solved Israel, create thousands of bills, healthcare systems and grants. There's nothing left to do we have to start all over again. And the same old people do everything we need new blood. And we could do it this way.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2015, 03:56:08 PM »

I'm worried it would just be a very long winded series of rather bland arguments which would not change the regions, and pretty much just put some new paint on Atlasia
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2015, 04:00:23 PM »

I'm worried it would just be a very long winded series of rather bland arguments which would not change the regions, and pretty much just put some new paint on Atlasia
I'm positive it would change the regions, I already have ideas about regional governments including 3 regions only. Mr X. said give it a shot, beacuse there's not to lose.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2015, 04:23:16 PM »

x Maxwell
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2015, 04:27:20 PM »

The problem with this is that it will inevitably sink into tepid reformism - maybe one less region, some minor reforms like removing a Cabinet post or whatever. Our change needs to be radical and absolute.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2015, 04:29:29 PM »

The problem with this is that it will inevitably sink into tepid reformism - maybe one less region, some minor reforms like removing a Cabinet post or whatever. Our change needs to be radical and absolute.
We want a total restart Oakvale not just minor changes we want to restart to the beginning, beacuse we've already accomplished everything's, there's nothing left to do, hope you join in with us.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2015, 06:49:01 PM »

I tried this in the very first senate, was summarily dismissed. :/
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2015, 07:00:31 PM »

I'm positive it would change the regions, I already have ideas about regional governments including 3 regions only. Mr X. said give it a shot, beacuse there's not to lose.

There is something to lose. Who knows, we could do this, and it would go on like Blair suggested and we'd be at an even worse point. Atlasia 2.0 might just go into deadlock, especially if everyone's as pessimistic and partisan as they seem to be now.

People, why would we create term limits when we seem to agree that there's not enough candidates for the positions?!?

I'm not sure who Oakvale's "dinosaurs" are, but why is it so impossible to calmly refute their arguments, and let the people democratically decide who's views are best?
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2015, 08:34:20 PM »

x Harry S Truman

I understand the arguments against it, but I don't see a realistic alternative. It's worth a shot.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2015, 11:39:43 PM »

x pikachu

I don't see how this could turn out worse than the status quo.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2015, 03:07:35 AM »

It's time for an update!

As of pikachu:

Mideast --> 3/25 (12%)
Northeast --> 2/20 (10%)
Midwest --> 2/16 (12.5%)
South --> 3/17 (17.6%)
Pacific --> 1/11 (9.1%)

Atlasia is facing inactivity problems. There are a lot of difficulties to find candidates for regional legislatures. The Senate is not active as months ago. There is a loss of enthusiasm.
Now, we can do 2 things. We can leave Atlasia die slowly or we can start a Constitutional Convention, that provides a new start for Atlasia.
The purpose of this petition is not a Constitutional Convention that will lead to some minor reforms, but a Constitutional Convention that will lead to a radical change.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2015, 03:11:17 AM »

There is something to lose. Who knows, we could do this, and it would go on like Blair suggested and we'd be at an even worse point. Atlasia 2.0 might just go into deadlock, especially if everyone's as pessimistic and partisan as they seem to be now.

People, why would we create term limits when we seem to agree that there's not enough candidates for the positions?!?

I'm not sure who Oakvale's "dinosaurs" are, but why is it so impossible to calmly refute their arguments, and let the people democratically decide who's views are best?

Everyone has their own dinosaurs to rail against. I am pretty sure I know who Oakvale is referring to in this case. In my own view the dinosaurs that have done the most damage are those that have treated people like dirt. Some of them have been hear since the beginning, but it is not my goal to wipe them out, it is my desire to see them learn to be more collaborative.

The President is already term limited. Judicial Terms limits were discussed for most of 2013 primarily because a certain group despised a certain ruling they handed down and wanted the chance to clear our the Justices who made it. Two of those three have since retired anyway (though one was banned). In my view Judicial Term Limits merely inserts political whims into the court's decision making, a persuasive case I made several times back when it was debated.

I was elected back into the Senate back in April. Since then, six Senators have left the chamber (Windjammer, TNF, Cranberry, Talleyrand, Hagrid, and Lief). Term Limits imply that there is a problem with lack of turnover, if anything turnover is too high because SEnators are too inactive.

WHat problem is term limits going to solve? Who is going to block a convention? Roll Eyes The only way such "person" or "person's" pose a threat is if their arguments are solid enough to the point that it actually refute's an argument, which leads one to question the argument they are making doesn't it?   

I have never been against reform when it has been needed, but reform for reform sake has also never worked.

I would support a convention that can finally hash out some dedicated responsibilities to the regions and would go as far as a legislative restart to facilitate that change. Banning current players or what not would be counterproductive for as I said above (Six Senators in two months have already left office), and practically anyone who wants to go for a legislative position at the regional level, has a solid shot and that is the stepping stone for Governor and Senator.

No one is blocking anyone from doing anything in this game. Those who say otherwise are trying to advance a controversial agenda and remove those who have the knowledge and history to refute their arguments.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies