2016: What WILL happen
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:53:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016: What WILL happen
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: 2016: What WILL happen  (Read 19864 times)
dudeabides
Tuvalu
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 04, 2015, 10:52:14 PM »

August 6, 2015 - 10 leading GOP candidates debate

"I'm running for President of the United States because I think Americans deserve a proven leader and an optimistic vision for the future. In Florida, I fought to cut taxes, increase our state's reserves, reduce the size of government, and we added 1.3 million net new jobs, more than any other state except California during my eight years. Washington D.C. does not represent America - Americans are hard working and dynamic, and I know they deserve better than what's come out of Washington under this President. As President, my goal will be 4% economic growth. I know we can get there if we change how we tax, how we regulate, embrace the energy revolution, reform our immigration system, and set higher standards for our schools. I know that the coming decades will be the greatest time to be alive, and I want to lead us towards greatness. I want our economy to thrive, I want our world to be safer, and I want our country to have a more hopeful future. It just takes strong leadership and a willingness to create change to get us there" - Jeb Bush

"My name is Scott Walker, and I am ready to change Washington. In Wisconsin, I took on the powerful special interests and won. I'll be nobody's President but yours. I know we can fix the mess in Washington through smart, conservative leadership. This is a moment of great anxiety for many Americans. The federal government has become too big, burdensome, and too expensive. It's time for someone who can go to work on day one and break through the gridlock and rein in the size and scope of the federal government. Every step of my career, the pundits said I couldn't achieve any success, and working with people, I proved them wrong. I will go to Washington to repeal President Obama's failed health care law, cut federal spending, and return power back to states and to the American people. My tax cut plan will reduce income taxes by 30% and cut our corporate tax rate from 35% to 25% so we can be more competitive in a global economy. If your ready to shake things up in Washington, I'm asking for your support" - Scott Walker

"There are a lot of candidates for President standing on this stage, and I applaud everyone of them for running for President. But, we Republicans are not going to win running on the same ideas. That's why I've dedicated my time in the U.S. Senate to reaching out and building coalitions so we can win and govern. Our party should continue to stand for fiscal responsibility, and we must owe up to our past mistakes on federal spending. I'll fight to cut federal spending and move away from our current tax code to a flat tax. Our party must also be a staunch defender of state's rights and to stop the federal government from violating our civil liberties in the name of our security. I support a strong national defense and a well-equipped military, but it's time we stop nation building overseas when we need to grow our economy here at home. Finally, I embrace criminal justice reform because too many people are crowding our prisons for minor crimes, it's time for that to end. I'm running on my principles as a liberty loving conservative, and I hope you'll join me" - Rand Paul

"My parents came to this country because they knew that in America, anything was possible. Like countless immigrants from across the globe, America has always been an example for the world of a place where freedom flourished and where dreams could become reality. Today, our country is in trouble, and the question is, will we continue to be an example for the rest of the world? I got involved in politics because I want to ensure our country's greatness is preserved for our generation and the next. When I look around and see the damage Barack Obama's policies have done, the more I realize we are in need of leadership that is committed to rebuilding the American dream. We have to reverse President Obama's economic policies and re-establish our standing as a leader in this world. I am convinced that it's going to take a new generation of leaders to get things done, and I intend to lead a new generation of leaders to rebuild our military and do those things necessary to help us flourish in the coming decades" - Marco Rubio

"A lot of people across America have asked me why I'm running for President, and what qualifies me to be President since I've never held elected office. Well, look at the mess in Washington. That's the creation of the career politicians, it's going to take a public servant to undo the damage they've created. The only way to reform our medical system and repeal Obamacare, move towards a flat tax, and to reduce the size of the federal bureaucracy is through electing someone who can bring people together and end the game of partisan politics. The challenges our country faces are enormous, and we are in need of someone who believes in the rights of individuals before the state, and we need someone who doesn't have a political agenda other than improving the quality of life for all of our people. I have spent my entire life protecting human life, and I will continue to be a defender of life and a healer as President of the United States" - Ben Carson

"The politicians have created such a mess that none of them are able to clean it up. They talk politically correct and tell you to believe in them, but we've been compliant in their policy failures for far too long. I'm a businessman, I don't just talk about things, I do them. I've been extraordinary successful, far more so than most, and certainly far more so than anyone running for President. Stupid people are leading this country and I'm here saying enough is enough. Stop letting Mexico and China rip us off, stop allowing illegals into the country, stop allowing China to rip off our intellectual property. Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio would love nothing more than to give amnesty to illegal aliens, and many up here want to continue to allow China to rip us off, enough is enough. I know how to make America great again, and that's why I'm in this race" - Donald Trump

"In New Jersey, blue New Jersey, I led on reforming our state pension system, cutting taxes on businesses, resisting higher taxes, and in opposing President Obama's agenda on education. If I can lead in New Jersey, I can lead our country. Look, we have an enormous national debt - and I'm the only candidate in this race who has been bold and specific on fixing medicare and social security so we can reduce the national debt. My solution might not be the most popular politically, but it's the most practical to sustain the program for current and future retirees while enabling us to reduce our national debt. The fact of the matter is, Americans deserve a President who will tell them the truth. The truth is, our nation's debt isn't going to be eliminated overnight, but we need to take steps to substantially reduce it so we can eliminate it over time. Unfortunately, my friend Governor Bush has not proposed one cut or cost savings that would reduce our national debt the way I have on social security and medicare. That's not leadership, our party deserves better, and Americans deserve an honest, bold leader in 2016" - Chris Christie

"There is only one candidate standing here tonight who has defeated the Clinton machine in the past. In Arkansas, I not only beat the Clintons, I defeated their allies multiple times. It's going to take hard work and determination for our party to succeed in 2016, and I'm confident I can win. I can win because I have lived the American dream and will pursue those policies to help others do the same. I'll throw out our current tax code and replace it with the Fair Tax to help grow our economy and end the oppressive income tax that plaques working American families. I'll repeal this President's failed health care law and replace it with a plan that allows people to have portable health insurance that is affordable. I'll be the President who rebuilds our alliances with our allies, and who will rebuild our military to protect us in an uncertain world. Friends, we must first defeat Hillary Clinton, and then govern on behalf of all Americans. I have done both before, and I look forward to doing both again" - Mike Huckabee

"The Republican Party has on numerous occasions tried nominating candidates for President who are more moderate than the base of our party because we felt that was necessary to win. As a result, Barack Obama was elected and re-elected President. Now, Hillary Clinton is running for President Obama's third term. Do we want her to win? If we move left on immigration, education, or even Obamacare, we will lose in 2016. I'm running for President because I'm a conservative who believes in free markets, individual liberty, and a strong military. I have been unapologetic in my conservative principles in Texas and in the U.S. Senate. I came to the senate to repeal Obamacare and I fought hard to do so, only to be criticized by the establishment that had won on the same platform, yet failed to act. My friends, my crusade against Obamacare was not, and is not, a political stunt, it is what's right. I'm asking for your help, join me and together, we will repeal this President's health care law and implement our conservative agenda to advance free markets, individual liberty, and a strong America" - Ted Cruz

"While Washington talked, I delivered tax cuts and a pro-growth economy in the state of Texas. I have more executive governing experience than anyone running for President, I led a state that borders another country and has this nation's strongest economy. If you want a thoughtful conservative leader, I'm your candidate. Be it moving towards a flat tax, terms limits for members of congress, or rebuilding our alliances with countries like Israel, I'm your candidate. I am not just someone who has sat in committee rooms in Washington, I'm someone who has led in Texas. After eight years of a President who had no experience, don't you think it's time for someone who has set an agenda and gotten things done? I do, and if you agree, I'm asking for your support" - Rick Perry
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 07:27:45 PM »

August 9, 2015 - Poll: Following first debate, Bush surges, Christie improves as Trump falls, Clinton remains Democratic front-runner

GOP nomination
Jeb Bush 22%
Scott Walker 14%
Donald Trump 10%
Ben Carson 9%
Marco Rubio 8%
John Kasich 8%
Chris Christie 7%
Rand Paul 7%
Rick Perry 6%
Ted Cruz 3%
Rick Santorum 2%
Lindsey Graham 1%
Carly Fiorina 1%
George Pataki 1%
Other 1%

Democratic Nomination
Hillary Clinton 50%
Bernie Sanders 38%
Martin O'Malley 8%
Jim Webb 2%
Lincoln Chaffee 1%
Other 1%

August 20, 2015 - Biden: I won't run for President

WASHINGTON, DC - Vice President Joe Biden, who sought the Democratic Presidential Nomination in 1988 and 2008, announced he would not seek the presidency a third time. Biden did not declare who he'd support for President.

September 2, 2015 - Jeb Bush lays out economic policy in New Hampshire

CONCORD, NH - Republican presidential hopeful Jeb Bush unveiled his economic plan, which he said would be a focus point of his presidency, during an address to New Hampshire voters. Bush's plan called for a comprehensive review of all Obama-era regulations, increasing free trade with latin America, allowing for more energy exploration, tort reform, and a tax cut plan, paid for by eliminating most tax loopholes and deductions. Bush called for a 35% reduction on income, capital gains, and corporate taxes as well as doubling the earned income tax credit and eliminating the alternative minimum tax, as well as taxes on savings below $1 million.

September 5, 2015 - Rudy Giuliani backs Jeb Bush for President

MANCHESTER, NH - Former Mayor of New York City Rudy Giuliani endorsed Jeb Bush for the Republican Presidential Nomination. "Jeb Bush has the ability to win and the experience to lead, he has my support for President of the United States" Giuliani said.

September 7, 2015 - Sanders: I can win

DOVER, NH - Democratic Presidential Hopeful Bernie Sanders told reporters in New Hampshire that he could win the white house in 2016. "I hear the whispers about how my supporters like it that I speak my mind, but that I can't win. I'm running for President to protect the interests of the most vulnerable in our society and working families, my message transcends party lines. Inequality, outsourced jobs, low wages, and poverty affects all people, and my message is to restore economic fairness to our society, that's a winning message" Sanders stated.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 05:15:18 AM »

Did you write all those debate quotes yourself or take them from real speeches? If you did it yourself, well done Smiley you really captured their voices.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 11:08:58 AM »

Did you write all those debate quotes yourself or take them from real speeches? If you did it yourself, well done Smiley you really captured their voices.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 09:50:45 PM »

I took what I remember hearing in their speeches and added in what I think they'll say. Thank you!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2015, 10:02:17 PM »

I took what I remember hearing in their speeches and added in what I think they'll say. Thank you!
You did a superb job man, keep it up!
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 09:10:24 PM »

You did a superb job man, keep it up!

Thank you!

October 5, 2015 - Democratic Presidential Candidates Debate

"I decided to run for President in 2016 because I have the experience to lead, and the ability to bring change to Washington. For the last eight years, President Obama has done his best to restore economic growth, and I'm proud to have stood with him in restoring America's standing in the world. Now, at this time, we must choose where we go from here. Republicans in congress want to reduce taxes for the few, cut programs that benefit working families, and they want to stop immigrants from coming here to realize the American dream. If the Republicans win the white house, America loses. I believe we need a President who will raise the minimum wage, protect our workers, pass comprehensive immigration reform, expand health care access to the poorest kids in America, and ask the wealthy to pay their fair share of taxes. I'm ready to lead our country, but I need your help to fight for working Americans" - Hillary Clinton

"Secretary Clinton and Governor Bush are running for President this year to continue two dynasties which have lasted for decades. I'm running for President to raise our minimum wage, stand up for marriage equality, combat crime and drugs in our urban centers and small towns, to fight for gun control, and to stand up to protect our environment and invest in education again. In Maryland, I stood up for progressive values. I fought for marriage equality, investments in education, and tax cuts for working families, and I don't just talk about asking the wealthy to pay their fair share, I actually got it done in Maryland. I don't agree with the idea that we Democrats are going to win if we move to the political center, we will win by standing up to the special interests and fighting for what we believe is right for America" - Martin O'Malley

"For far too long, money and greed has made it impossible for working people to get ahead. Wall Street bankers are the ones who are truly in control of our government. Banks are too big to fail because congress, funded by these very banks, refuses to regulate them. The growing gap between rich and poor in our society is of great concern to me, and that's why I'm running for President. I don't apologize for my belief that we have to break up the big banks, raise our minimum wage, and invest in education and health care for our people. In fact, I want universal health care in this country, that's what Harry Truman was for 65 years ago, it's what I'm for today because in the end, we need to invest in people and stop special interests from controlling our government. I want to change the Democratic Party to fight for the working person again, and I want America to be the land of opportunity and equality again" - Bernie Sanders

"My name is Lincoln Chaffee, and I have the experience and ideas to be President of the United States. When it was popular to support sending our troops into Iraq, Hillary Clinton supported the war and I opposed it. When it was popular to oppose Obamacare, I supported it. When it was popular to support the Bush tax cuts for the very rich, I opposed those tax cuts. The point is, I have always been an independent voice. I run for President as a Democrat because I believe in the values of our party. I have always been pro-choice, for marriage equality, for President Obama's health care plan, and against the war in Iraq. But, I am also someone who believes in fiscal responsibility, and I think government should live within it's means. In the state of Rhode Island, in the U.S. Senate, and throughout my entire life, I have consistently stood up for what I believed in, and I think I offer fresh ideas for America's future" - Lincoln Chaffee

"Americans deserve a President who has experience and the ability to bring people together to get things done. Throughout my entire life, I have always put the interests of my country before personal ambition. As the nominee of the Democratic Party, I will give our party a new voice and a fresh face. We'll continue to be the party that believes in standing up for the working person. The issue of inequality in our society is very real. We have to invest in education, health care, our infrastructure, and the environment going forward. But we must also do so in a way that is fiscally responsible. When Bill Clinton was President, we saw a time of record economic prosperity because we invested in our people while also living within our means, that is my goal. Additionally, I understand the world we live in, and I know that we must be strong, stand up for our values as a society, and demand accountability in this uncertain world. I believe that my humble beginnings, my service in uniform, and my time in the U.S. Senate prepare me well to be President, and the values I hold will help lead our party to victory in 2016" - Jim Webb

November 2, 2015 - Hillary Clinton, Marco Rubio, Scott Walker announce endorsements

WASHINGTON, DC - The campaigns of Hillary Clinton (D-NY), Scott Walker (R-WI), and Marco Rubio (R-FL) announced endorsements on the presidential campaign trail. Governor Scott Walker announced that Former Wisconsin Governor & Secretary of Health and Human Services Tommy Thompson and Former U.S. Senator Judd Gregg of New Hampshire would be supporting his 2016 presidential campaign. Mean while, Senator Marco Rubio announced that he has the support of Senator Jeff Flake (R-AZ), Senator Dean Heller (R-NV), and. Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign announced that Former Secretary of Defense Leon Pannetta and Sen. Ed Markey (D-MA) would be supporting her presidential campaign.

November 15, 2015 - Bush faces attacks from opponents, refuses to respond

MANCHESTER, NH - The campaigns of Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX), Governor Bobby Jindal (R-LA), Senator Rand Paul (R-KY), Donald Trump (R-NY), and Former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum (R-PA) have continued to attack Republican presidential hopeful Jeb Bush over his positions on immigration, education, and in the case of Rand Paul, Bush's position on the NSA. Cruz, Trump, and Jindal have attacked Bush in campaign literature and in Trump's case, television ads as well. The Former Florida Governor responded to the attacks by saying they are to be expected. "I'm running for President to grow our economy and restore our leadership standing in the world, I'm sharing my ideas with voters and of course some are going to attack me, I'll match my record against anyone else's, but this is to be expected" Bush stated.

November 18, 2015 - Poll: Bush, Clinton lead

WASHINGTON, DC - A new poll from Gallup shows Republican Jeb Bush and Democrat Hillary Clinton are the leaders for their party's respective presidential nominations. Nationwide, Bush leads opponents Scott Walker and Marco Rubio 17%-12%-11% respectively. Rand Paul and Mike Huckabee tied in fourth place with 7%. On the Democratic side, Hillary Clinton leads Bernie Sanders 49%-30%, with no other candidate in double-digits. In a potential general election matchup against Clinton, Jeb Bush fares the best - he trails Clinton 45%-42%, as Scott Walker trails Clinton 47%-40%, and Rubio trails Clinton 46%-42%.

December 1, 2015 - Bush campaign wins endorsements from Ayotte, Huntsman, King

DOVER, NH - Jeb Bush's presidential campaign announced three major endorsements. At a press conference in New Hampshire, Senator Kelly Ayotte announced she supported Bush for the Republican Presidential Nomination. "Governor Bush has the track record and vision to lead our country towards 4% economic growth, which our citizens need and deserve" Ayotte said of Bush. The campaign also announced that Former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman and Congressman Peter King of New York were supporting Bush for President.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 10:43:58 PM »

I like what I'm seeing so far, good job. That being said, I quite strongly doubt Huntsman would endorse that early, if at all in the primaries. He's been really tacking away from the Republican Party lately.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2015, 03:05:23 PM »

I like what I'm seeing so far, good job. That being said, I quite strongly doubt Huntsman would endorse that early, if at all in the primaries. He's been really tacking away from the Republican Party lately.

Good feedback, thank you!

February 1, 2016 - Iowa Caucus: Bush pulls upset victory as Clinton wins decisive victory, Jindal ends campaign

DES MOINES, IA - In an upset, Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush won Iowa's GOP presidential caucus by 45 votes. Bush and Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker each won 20% of the vote, followed by 2008 caucus winner Mike Huckabee and Kentucky Senator Rand Paul who won 15% each respectively. Governor Bobby Jindal of Louisiana ended his campaign after placing 12th in Iowa's caucus. On the Democratic side, Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton easily won Iowa's Democratic Caucus, garnering 60% of the vote.

February 6, 2016 - GOP candidates debate in New Hampshire

MANCHESTER, NH - Ahead of New Hampshire's presidential primary, the GOP presidential candidates participated in a debate. Following a victory in Iowa, Former Governor Jeb Bush told voters his message of economic growth and American leadership in the world would enable the Republicans to win the general election. Candidates Scott Walker, Ted Cruz, Rick Santorum, and Donald Trump all took turns attacking Bush as "moderate" and soft on illegal immigration. Candidates Rand Paul and Chris Christie stated they were "different kind of Republicans." In Christie's case, he argued he was "not afraid to be an independent thinker" as Paul touted his different approach to foreign policy. Ohio Governor John Kasich said that he was the "only conservative who could win."

February 9, 2016 - New Hampshire Primary: Bush wins, Christie and Pataki withdrawal, Sanders defeats Clinton

MANCHESTER, NH - Former Governor Jeb Bush defeated U.S. Senator Rand Paul in New Hampshire's GOP presidential primary, 27%-24%. Governor of Ohio John Kasich finished third with 12%. After a disappointing fourth place finish, Governor of New Jersey Chris Christie ended his presidential campaign. Similarly, Former Governor of New York George Pataki ended his campaign and voiced support for Governor Bush after placing 7th. On the Democratic side, Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont defeated Hillary Clinton 45%-44% to win New Hampshire's primary.

February 20, 2016 - South Carolina Primary: Bush, Clinton secure victories as Graham ends presidential bid

CHARLESTON, SC - Former Governor of Florida Jeb Bush won South Carolina's Republican Presidential Primary, defeating Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee and South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham 28%-22%-19% respectively. After failing to win his home state's presidential primary, Graham announced he would end his campaign and support Governor Bush. On the Democratic side, Hillary Clinton won South Carolina's Democratic primary, defeating Former Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley 48%-30%.

February 23, 2016 - Nevada Caucus: Clinton, Paul secure victories as Webb, Kasich end presidential bids

LAS VEGAS, NV - Republican Presidential Candidate Rand Paul defeated front-runner Jeb Bush to win Nevada's Republican caucus. Paul defeated Bush 30%-24%, with Marco Rubio in third with 19%. Ohio Governor John Kasich ended his campaign. On the Democratic side, Hillary Clinton defeated Bernie Sanders 49%-40% as Jim Webb ended his presidential campaign.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2015, 10:32:14 PM »

February 24, 2016 - Chafee ends presidential bid

PROVIDENCE, RI - Former Governor of Rhode Island Lincoln Chafee ended his 2016 presidential campaign, citing a lack of fundraising and his failure to compete in early presidential contests.

February 27, 2016 - Poll: Bush leads GOP field as Sanders closes gap with Clinton

WASHINGTON, DC - Just days before Super Tuesday presidential contests, CNN conducted a poll showing Jeb Bush leading the GOP presidential field, garnering 30% of the vote well ahead of Scott Walker's 18% and Rand Paul's 9%. On the Democratic side, Hillary Clinton is now just 8 points ahead of Bernie Sanders, 45%-37%.

February 29, 2016 - Ahead of Super Tuesday, Walker goes negative

DENVER, CO - Ahead of Super Tuesday, Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker's campaign began going negative against front-runner Jeb Bush. Specifically, the Walker campaign highlighted Bush's support for a pathway to legal status for undocumented immigrants, Bush's refusal to sign a no new tax pledge, and Bush's support for his brother's medicare prescription drug proposal. "Governor Bush, as the Republican nominee, would stand with Democrats on illegal immigration, taxes, and entitlements, how's that offering Americans a real choice" Walker asked a Denver audience.

March 1, 2016 - Clinton dominates, Sanders does better than expected, GOP more divided as Cruz, Santorum call it quits

AUSTIN, TX - Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton won 9 presidential contests as opponent Bernie Sanders only won two. Clinton won primaries in Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Georgia, Maine, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia as Sanders won his home state of Vermont and Minnesota. Of the eleven GOP contests held, Jeb Bush won 6. Bush secured victories in Alabama, Georgia, Maine, Oklahoma, Vermont, and Virginia. Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee secured victories in his home state of Arkansas and in neighboring Tennessee. Kentucky Senator Rand Paul won Colorado's GOP caucus as Governor of Wisconsin Scott Walker won Minnesota's GOP caucus. Former Governor of Texas Rick Perry defeated U.S. Senator Ted Cruz of Texas 30%-28% in their home state. Former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum and Cruz both ended their presidential bids.

March 2, 2016 - Webb withdrawals after losing home state

RICHMOND, VA - Former U.S. Senator Jim Webb (D-VA) ended his presidential campaign after finishing second in his home state of Virginia. Hillary Clinton defeated Webb in Virginia by over 5,000 votes.

March 3, 2016 - Carson calls it quits

BALTIMORE, MD - Dr. Ben Carson, GOP presidential hopeful, announced the end of his 2016 presidential campaign, citing a poor showing on Super Tuesday.

March 5, 2016 - Senator Marco Rubio endorses Jeb Bush for President

LANSING, MI - U.S. Senator Marco Rubio, Former GOP Presidential Candidate, endorsed former rival and long time friend Jeb Bush for President. "Governor Bush is a forward looking leader who can bridge the partisan divide and make government work for people again. He's my friend, he's a reformer, and he will be a great President" Rubio said of Bush.

March 7, 2016 - Romney backs Bush ahead of Michigan, other primaries

DETRIOT, MI - 2012 Republican Presidential Nominee and Former Governor Mitt Romney (R-MA), whose father was Governor of Michigan in the 1960s, endorsed Jeb Bush's presidential campaign. "Governor Bush is the strongest candidate to beat Hillary Clinton and grow our economy again" Romney said of Bush at a Detriot press conference.
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2015, 03:39:56 AM »

I'm liking this. One thing though, you seem to have Webb dropping out twice.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2015, 07:49:57 AM »

I'm liking this. One thing though, you seem to have Webb dropping out twice.

Webb wanted to make sure everyone knew he was completely out. Like, they didn't mishear him the first time, he's out.

But I concur, this is a pretty good timeline so far. Those debate quotes were spot-on, and the events aren't too unrealistic (the stated goal of it seems to be realism).
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2015, 09:02:38 PM »

Really good timeline. Go Bernie go!
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2015, 09:35:18 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2015, 09:41:59 PM by dudeabides »

Thank you all for your feedback, it is much appreciated

March 8, 2016 - Bush, Clinton, Huckabee, Sanders secure victories, Fiorina ends presidential bid

LANSING, MI - Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush and Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton each established themselves as their party's presidential front-runners. On the GOP side, Jeb Bush secured victories in Idaho, Michigan, North Carolina, and Hawaii. Opponent Mike Huckabee won Mississippi's GOP presidential primary, narrowly defeating Bush 35%-33%. On the Democratic side, Hillary Clinton won presidential primaries in Idaho, Michigan, and North Carolina as opponent Bernie Sanders won Hawaii. Businesswoman Carly Fiorina ended her bid for the Republican Presidential Nomination.

March 10, 2016 - Trump calls it quits, refuses to rule out third party run

NEW YORK, NY - Republican Presidential Candidate Donald Trump ended his 2016 presidential bid and said that he would consider either running third party or for Governor of New York.

March 13, 2016 - Bush, Clinton claim victories in U.S. territories

WASHINGTON, DC - Republican Jeb Bush and Democrat Hillary Clinton each secured victories in primaries in Guam, Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico.

March 15, 2016 - GOP candidates debate in Florida ahead of primary

"All across this country I hear people who are optimistic about the future. I want to lead our country into the greatest time to be alive. Here, in this big and diverse state that reflects our country so well, we went to work. We reformed government, reduced taxes, restrained spending, and changed our education system. I have cross-crossed this country and have shared with Americans my heart, my desire to change Washington, and a vision to build a brighter future. Working together, we'll reverse this President's regulations that have hurt economic growth, reform our tax code and reduce tax rates, balance the federal budget, reform our broken immigration system, embrace the energy revolution, and give more power back to states. I am confident we will win this election with a hopeful and optimistic vision for the future" - Jeb Bush

"Governor Bush has told you that the path to victory is through the kind of immigration reform that Americans rejected in 2006 and 2013. He is telling us the path to victory is to embrace federal educational standards. Governor Bush even was critical of those who opposed Obamacare, and he's barely even mentioned Obamacare during the course of this campaign. It's time for fresh new, bold leadership. The special interests in Washington have had their chance to create change, and they have failed. As President, I will block-grant 20% of our federal budget, eliminate the Department of Education at the federal level, secure our border, and reduce our corporate tax rate from 35% to 18% so we can compete in a global economy" - Scott Walker

"The last eight years have been extremely challenging for Americans. The EPA, the IRS, and even some judges have not followed our laws and they have not helped us restore growth to our economy. Obamacare has made it nearly impossible for businesses to grow and expand. This administration has had an inconsistent foreign policy, and they have declared a war on Christianity here at home. I come from a very different place. I didn't grow up rich, and I don't have millions of dollars to spend on a presidential campaign. What I do have is the concern for our country, and I hope I'll help come up with solutions to our challenges. I want to be the President who repeals Obamacare, ends the IRS, and protects religious liberty and economic security for all Americans" - Mike Huckabee

"What brings me to this presidential race is that I am different from the other candidates. I believe in investing in our military and protecting our homeland, but I don't believe in being the policemen of the world. I refuse to sit by and continue to watch the Federal Reserve devalue our currency. I'll fight for a flat tax and criminal justice reform to help grow our economy and stop over populating our prisons. Generic Republicans lost the last two election cycles, and the party must expand it's base. Telling folks that we will pander to them on issues like immigration won't help us win, we have to be willing to listen and speak with everyone. I have gone to places none of my opponents will go to, I've spoken to people none of them have heard from, and I have what it takes to win in the fall of November 2016" - Rand Paul

March 15, 2016 - Bush dominates, Clinton and Sanders secure victories, Walker ends presidential bid

MIAMI BEACH, FL - Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush dominated Florida's Republican Primary, garnering 62% of the vote in the state he served as Governor in. Bush also secured primary victories in Illinois, Missouri, and Ohio. Governor of Wisconsin Scott Walker, who placed second in Florida, Illinois, and Ohio and third in Missouri, ended his presidential campaign. On the Democratic side, Hillary Clinton defeated Bernie Sanders in Missouri, Ohio, and Florida as the Vermont Senator won a narrow victory in Illinois.

March 18, 2016 - McCain endorses Bush ahead of Arizona, Utah Primaries

SCOTTSDALE, AZ - Senator John McCain of Arizona, the 2008 Republican Presidential Nominee, endorsed Jeb Bush for the Republican Presidential Nomination. "Governor Bush can unify the country behind an optimistic agenda, and he has my enthusiastic support" McCain said of Bush.

March 19, 2016 - Santorum endorses Huckabee

SALT LAKE CITY, UT - Former Republican Presidential Candidate Rick Santorum endorsed Mike Huckabee's 2016 presidential campaign. "Mike Huckabee has been a champion of the pro-life position, or traditional values, and for ordinary Americans his entire career" Santorum said of Huckabee.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2015, 10:51:57 PM »

Since it's you writing this, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Bush wins the nomination and the general?
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2015, 11:07:38 PM »

Since it's you writing this, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Bush wins the nomination and the general?

You'll see. Keep in mind that no matter who wins in 2016, that doesn't mean the same party will win in 2020, 2024, or 2028.

I'm trying to be as realistic as possible here.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2015, 11:29:00 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2015, 11:40:15 PM by dudeabides »

March 22, 2016 - Bush wins Utah, Arizona, Paul withdrawals, Clinton beats Sanders

PHOENIX, AZ - Republican Presidential Hopeful Jeb Bush defeated opponents Mike Huckabee and Rand Paul in Arizona's GOP presidential primary and Utah's GOP presidential caucuses, as Hillary Clinton defeated Bernie Sanders on the Democratic side. Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) declared he would end his presidential campaign and support the eventual GOP presidential nominee.

March 27, 2016 - Hours after ending his own campaign, Walker endorses Bush ahead of Wisconsin Primary

MILWAULKEE, WI - Governor of Wisconsin Scott Walker, former GOP presidential candidate, endorsed Jeb Bush for President. "Governor Bush will go to Washington and change the status-quo for the better" Walker said of Bush. Walker's endorsement came just hours after he ended his own presidential campaign, citing poor second place showings in Arizona and Utah.

March 29, 2016 - Baldwin endorses Clinton for President ahead of Wisconsin Democratic Primary

MADISON, WI - U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin endorsed Hillary Clinton for the 2016 Democratic Presidential nomination. "Hillary Clinton will be a champion of middle class families, seniors, veterans, and students across America" Baldwin said of Clinton.

April 5, 2016 - Wisconsin Primary: Bush, Sanders secure victories

GREENBAY, WI - Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush defeated Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee 62%-37% to win Wisconsin's Republican Presidential Primary as Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders defeated Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton 50%-49% to win Wisconsin's Democratic Presidential primary.

April 8, 2016 - Mike Huckabee concedes defeat, pledges to support Jeb Bush

LITTLE ROCK, AR - Former Governor of Arkansas Mike Huckabee announced he was ending his presidential campaign and would support Jeb Bush as the Republican Presidential Nominee. Huckabee made the announcement following an internal poll showing Bush ahead in all but one remaining primary states by double-digits. "Today, I announce the end of my campaign for President. I fought for the conservative values I believed in, and I will continue to fight for the things I care so deeply about. But, now is a time when our party must unite behind Jeb Bush, as he takes our message of limited government and strong families to the voters of America" Huckabee said.

Jeb Bush secures victory as Republican Presidential Nominee

"I want to thank Governor Huckabee and the other candidates for their tremendous contribution to our party and our country. Now is the moment for Republicans to join me in fighting to help every American rise up and achieve earned success. We will bring our message to independents and Democrats, and we'll go where Republicans have not gone in a very long time. We'll fight for every vote, and we will win this election. Our message is clear. We believe that if we reverse the onerous regulations of this era, if we reduce tax rates and close special interest loopholes, if we fix our immigration system, if we embrace the energy revolution that is ours, and if we restore fiscal sanity to Washington, we can achieve 4% economic growth, 19 million new jobs in 8 years, and rising incomes. We know that working together and putting aside our differences, we can grow our economy and restore our leadership position in the world. Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders have a very different vision. They believe in big government, that Washington should have greater control over our lives, and they believe that 2% growth is the new normal. I refuse to accept the status-quo because this dynamic nation can do anything it sets it's mind to, and I know that we will move our country in a direction where we will restore hope and opportunity for all Americans" - Jeb Bush, Presumptive Republican Presidential Nominee
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2015, 08:53:20 PM »
« Edited: July 29, 2015, 08:55:17 PM by dudeabides »

April 15, 2016 - Boehner, McConell officially back Jeb Bush as Republican Presidential Nominee

WASHINGTON, DC - Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConell (R-KY) and House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) endorsed Jeb Bush as the Republican nominee for President in the 2016 election. "Governor Bush is the candidate who will promote a hopeful and optimistic agenda for our future, and I look forward to helping him win" McConell said. "Republicans in Congress are committed to working with Jeb Bush as President of the United States to reverse the failed policies of the last eight years and to implementing new, pro-growth, pro-family policies" Boehner added.

April 19, 2016 - Hillary Clinton wins New York

ALBANY, NY - As expected, Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton won her adopted state of New York in the Democratic Presidential Primary. She defeated opponent Bernie Sanders 67%-32%.

April 24, 2016 - Facing "nearly impossible math", Bernie Sanders ends presidential bid

BURLINGTON, VT - Senator Bernie Sanders (D-VT) ended his campaign for the Democratic Presidential Nomination, conceding it would be "mathematically almost impossible" for him to win his party's presidential nomination. Hillary Clinton is just 90 delegates shy of clinching the nomination, and Sander's is nearly 450 delegates behind. "Tonight, I announce the end of my presidential campaign. Together, we took a grassroots campaign and finished second" Sanders told his supporters.

April 25, 2016 - Hillary Clinton becomes presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee, launches general election campaign in Ohio

"This campaign, this election, this moment in history affords us an opportunity to fight to end inequality, injustice, and income disparities in our society. Under President Obama's leadership, our economy has created over 11 million new jobs. The number of Americans without health care is at it's lowest in a generation. The deficit has been reduced by more than half. Education test scores continue to rise. Yet, we still face enormous challenges. Income inequality remains at historic highs, wages continue to stagnate, and the world continues to remain uncertain. Governor Bush is telling Americans that trickle-down economics will help solve our economic challenges, he believes diplomacy has no place in foreign policy. In this campaign, we'll argue for an inclusive economic policy that protects workers and helps small businesses. We'll talk about ending income inequality combating poverty, and expanding health care to all of our people. This campaign is about helping those who have been left behind" - Hillary Clinton, Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee

April 26, 2016 - Obama backs Clinton

WASHINGTON, DC - President Barack Obama endorsed Hillary Clinton as the 2016 Democratic Presidential Nominee. "Over the last eight years, we have restored growth to an economy in recession, made our world safer, and expanded health care access to millions of Americans. Now, it's time for us to make a choice. Do we build on the progress of the last eight years, or do we go back to the same old failed policies of the past? Hillary Clinton is the candidate of the future, and she will help us continue to grow, prosper, and be secure" the President stated.

May 1, 2016 - Laura Bush campaigns with Jeb Bush in Virginia, George W. Bush not present

RICHMOND, VA - Former First Lady Laura Bush made her first public appearance for her brother-in-law, Presumptive Republican Presidential Nominee Jeb Bush, at a rally of roughly 2,000 supporters, in Richmond, Virginia. "Jeb Bush is a man of deep conviction, he has the experience to lead our country" the Former First Lady said of her brother-in-law. Former President George W. Bush was not at the event.

May 7, 2016 - Romney to lead Bush Vice Presidential Search Committee, media speculates potential Vice Presidential Hopefuls in both parties

MIAMI BEACH, FL - Jeb Bush's presidential campaign announced that Mitt Romney, Former Governor of Massachusetts and 2016 Republican Vice Presidential Nominee, would lead Jeb Bush's Vice Presidential search committee. Media outlets began speculating as to who Jeb Bush, and Democrat Hillary Clinton, would choose as their running-mates. Potential running-mates for Jeb Bush include Former Secretary of State Condi Rice, Governor of New Mexico Susanna Martinez, Governor of Nevada Brian Sandoval, U.S. Senator Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire, U.S. Senator Rob Portman of Ohio, Former Republican Presidential Hopeful and Governor of Ohio John Kasich, Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee, and Senator John Thune of South Dakota. Potential running-mates for Hillary Clinton include U.S. Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey, Former Governor of Massachusetts Deval Patrick, Congressman Joaquin Castro of Texas, Senator Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota, Senator Mark Warner of Virginia, Governor of New York Andrew Cuomo, Former U.S. Senator and Presidential Hopeful Jim Webb of Virginia, and National Security Adviser Susan Rice.
JonathanSwift
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2015, 09:25:09 PM »

This is a great timeline! Will Mitt pull a Cheney and choose himself to be Bush's running mate?
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2015, 10:26:26 PM »

This is a great timeline! Will Mitt pull a Cheney and choose himself to be Bush's running mate?

haha, that would be funny!

Great TL, dude! I hope Bush wins the general.

Thank you, much appreciated!

May 23, 2016 - Poll: Clinton leads Bush narrowly

WASHINGTON D.C. - A poll by Fox News shows Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee Hillary Clinton leading opponent Republican Jeb Bush 47%-45% nationwide. Bush and Clinton are tied in the swing states of Virginia, Colorado, and Iowa as well. Bush leads Clinton 49%-42% in Florida, as Clinton leads Bush 45%-42% in Ohio and 47%-43% in Pennsylvania.

June 5, 2016 - Former President George W. Bush talks about 2016 campaign in public for the first time

HOUSTON, TX - In an interview on Fox News Channel, Former President George W. Bush spoke openly about his brother Jeb's presidential run. "Jeb has the experience to be President, I think he understands the job well, and I think he's prepared for the job, he'll make a great President" the Former President said of his brother. Bush refused to say anything negative about President Barack Obama or Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee Hillary Clinton.

June 27, 2016 - Sanders: "I accomplished what I wanted to", endorses Hillary Clinton

WASHINGTON, DC - Former Democratic Presidential Candidate Bernie Sanders told CNN that he accomplished what he wanted to by running for President. "We wanted to have a message about reducing and ultimately ending income inequality, breaking the special interest hold on our politics, and really making government work for working people, and I think Hillary Clinton is a stronger candidate because we ran, I accomplished what I wanted and now it's my duty to support her for President" Sanders stated.

July 15, 2016 - Clinton taps Baldwin as running-mate

CLEVELAND, OH - Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton selected U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin as her running-mate in the 2016 election. Baldwin, who has served in the U.S. Senate since 2013 following five terms in congress, is the first openly homosexual individual on a major party's presidential ticket. The Clinton-Baldwin ticket is also the first all-female presidential ticket of a major political party. In selecting Baldwin, analysts say Clinton is trying to appeal to the Democratic Party base given Baldwin's liberal record, as well as to mid-western voters. However, some argue that Baldwin's liberal record could alienate independent voters.

August 1, 2016 - Bush chooses Ayotte for Vice President

MANCHESTER, NH - Former Governor of Florida Jeb Bush announced that U.S. Senator Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire would be his running-mate in the 2016 election. Ayotte, who has served in the U.S. Senate since 2011 following five years as New Hampshire's Attorney General, is generally considered conservative, though not too far right. Pundits said that in choosing Ayotte, Bush is seeking to appeal to conservative voters without alienating the political center. Others argue that Ayotte, who has spent much of her career in government, hurts Bush's claims that his election would "change Washington."
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2015, 10:51:04 PM »

I like Bush's chances here. I don't find Clinton or Baldwin to be particularly inspiring, and Bush is able to at least somewhat counter the all female ticket with Ayotte, who has more experience than Baldwin, in my opinion. Bush/Ayotte would do very well with the male vote, I think.
MisSkeptic
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2015, 10:54:46 PM »

What do you think of Donald Trump eventually dropping out of the Republican primaries and running as an independent candidate; which will affect Bush or another Republican nominee. The strong conservative voter base has a lot of respect for Trump and the Republican party could lose votes in the general election.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2015, 05:03:25 AM »

Hillary pandering to two groups at once with Baldwin. Nice! It would have been such a better strategic move for Jeb to pick Kasich, though.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2015, 04:18:13 PM »

Jeb will have to have a Tea Party running mate. Looks like Hilldawg will win. I'd still rather have Jeb but Hillary will win in a rl scenario like this.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2015, 11:19:50 PM »

I like Bush's chances here. I don't find Clinton or Baldwin to be particularly inspiring, and Bush is able to at least somewhat counter the all female ticket with Ayotte, who has more experience than Baldwin, in my opinion. Bush/Ayotte would do very well with the male vote, I think.

I suspect we could see this scenario in a year from now....

Hillary pandering to two groups at once with Baldwin. Nice! It would have been such a better strategic move for Jeb to pick Kasich, though.

Bush won't pick someone who has spent the majority of their career in politics.

Jeb will have to have a Tea Party running mate. Looks like Hilldawg will win. I'd still rather have Jeb but Hillary will win in a rl scenario like this.

I'm trying to base it off what I believe will happen.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies