2016: What WILL happen
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:09:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016: What WILL happen
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: 2016: What WILL happen  (Read 19884 times)
dudeabides
Tuvalu
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2015, 11:46:16 PM »

August 4-7, 2016: GOP National Convention

Keynote Address: Senator Marco Rubio, Former GOP Presidential Candidate

"I have known Jeb Bush for years. He's a friend of mine. I've campaigned with him, for him, and yes, I ran against him. But I know the character of the man, I know his values, and I know his goals for our country. You see, Jeb Bush understands what Hillary Clinton doesn't. The American people want the opportunity to work, provide for their family, and reach the American dream. Too often, under Barack Obama, that dream has been increasingly harder to achieve. This campaign is about reclaiming the dream. In the last eight years, we've set records for poverty, income inequality, underemployment, and debt. In the next eight years, my hope is we can set records for job growth and in higher wages. Jeb Bush will implement the kinds of policies we need to help get us there" - Marco Rubio

Speech by Jeb Bush accepting the GOP Presidential Nomination

"Tonight, I call on all Americans, regardless of religious affiliation, race, gender, or political party to come together. The last eight years have been a display of the worst in our politics, my goal is to lead us to a time where we act on what is best in all of us. It's time to restore hope and optimism. It's time to help all Americans rise up. I'm proud to have created a successful business that employed hundreds of people. I'm proud to have fought for policies to help strengthen job growth and reform government in the State of Florida. Now, I'm ready to lead our country. My goal is to implement policies to help us achieve 4% GDP growth, which would create 19 million new jobs and lead us towards a balanced federal budget. So, how do we get there? We reduce tax rates on all Americans and end special interest loopholes that cost taxpayers billions to subsidize. We reform our broken immigration system and encourage the best and brightest from across the globe to make America home. We reverse the regulatory state created by this administration. We embrace the energy revolution that is ours. We reform entitlements and pass a constitutional balanced budget amendment to restore fiscal sanity in Washington so people want to invest in America again, and so we can afford to have R&D tax credits again. We raise standards, primarily at the state level, in education while increasing school choice to better train the next generation. Creating jobs and a vibrant, diverse economy is the calling of this moment, and I want to lead us to a time that is the greatest to be alive" - Jeb Bush

Speech by Kelly Ayotte accepting Republican Vice Presidential Nomination

"Our campaign is about restoring the American dream and restoring hope to America. As we gather here in the comfort of this hall, there are millions of Americans who are uncertain about the future. In the slowest economic recovery since the Great Depression, a record number of our fellow citizens live in poverty, are underemployed, or who require public assistance. After eight years of economic policies that have increased debt, but not jobs, and after eight years of finger pointing with no action, Jeb Bush and I offer Americans a stark contrast with our opponents. Our opponents have spent their entire careers in Washington D.C. Hillary Clinton has opposed tax relief for all Americans, supported over $2 trillion in new federal spending, she supported a $1.2 trillion cap and trade tax hike, she has voted for record national debt, and she has voted against reforming medicare and social security. She has even voted to increase taxes 78 times, totaling $1.5 trllion in new taxes. In the 1990s, Hillary Clinton was a leader in the fight for single payer, European-style health insurance. Time after time, year after year, Hillary Clinton has put special interests ahead of the needs of working families. For eight years, Americans have seen what happens when you put politics first and people second. Jeb Bush and I want to lead us in a very different direction. We believe that working together, we can once again create jobs and improve the lives of working families. We also believe that our next President must protect our country's national security interest, we can't continue to lead from behind as we have under Barack Obama" - Kelly Ayotte
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2015, 12:07:03 PM »

August 15-18, 2016 - Democratic National Convention

Keynote Address: Congressman Joaquin Castro of Texas

"In the last eight years, thanks to the efforts of President Obama and the hard work of the American people, our economy has been restored, and America is now better respected across the globe. 11 million jobs have been created, and those who invest in the stock market have not been disappointed. Our country is safer because this President has put national security ahead of partisan politics. Now, Americans have a choice. We can either use this moment of restored economic prosperity and security to close the gap between rich and poor, improve access to health care, combat global warming, or we can do what our opponents want. Austerity and tax cuts for the wealthy. A recipe for disaster. To me, the choice is clear, the choice is Hillary Clinton and Tammy Baldwin" - Joaquin Castro

Speech by Hillary Clinton accepting Democratic Presidential Nomination

"All of us here tonight, and the millions of people watching at home understand that by any reasonable measure, our country is better off today than it was in 2009. But, that doesn't mean we should settle for the status-quo. Today, the gap between rich and poor is the largest it's ever been. Thousands and millions of non-violent offenders sit in our over-crowded prisons. Poverty plaques millions of families, including more than 42 million women. Inner cities have been inflicted with episodes of great injustice. Suburban communities have felt the horrible impact of rising drug use. Rural towns across America have lost good paying jobs to overseas competition. My fellow citizens, I have the experience to lead, and I know you are ready to aim higher for this great nation of ours. Together, we will fight to raise our minimum wage, expand health care access, support energy alternatives, support equal pay for equal work, make college tuition affordable by expanding pell grants and opportunity scholarships, and unlike our opponents, we'll keep taxes where they are on middle and lower income Americans by asking the wealthy to pay their fair share. Together, we will restore economic fairness to America and we will lift people up" - Hillary Clinton

Speech by Tammy Baldwin accepting Democratic Vice Presidential Nomination

"Our cause as a party, our calling as a country, and our obligation is to restore a sense of fairness and opportunity for all, not just a privileged few. This nation was built on the premise that all are created equal. It is our job to live up to the promise of America. Each generation before us has made strides, but has also faced setbacks. This generation is entering an America where the economy has been restored for many, but not all. Hillary Clinton and I thank Barack Obama for a job well done. But change isn't always easy, the President knows this, and we know this. President Obama has presided over a robust economic recovery, it's our job to now use this time to broaden prosperity to people who have been left behind. Additionally, we must continue to make the world a safer, more peaceful place. Our opponents have a very different view. Governor Bush gave enormous tax breaks for the wealthy when he was last in elected office. He used tax dollars from working families to help fund the education of thousands of wealthy people's kids. He took away gun control protections, and opposed same-sex marriage. That is his record, and that explains the kind of President he'd be. Americans deserve better" - Tammy Baldwin
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2015, 06:06:22 PM »

I like Bush's chances here. I don't find Clinton or Baldwin to be particularly inspiring, and Bush is able to at least somewhat counter the all female ticket with Ayotte, who has more experience than Baldwin, in my opinion. Bush/Ayotte would do very well with the male vote, I think.

I suspect we could see this scenario in a year from now....

Hillary pandering to two groups at once with Baldwin. Nice! It would have been such a better strategic move for Jeb to pick Kasich, though.

Bush won't pick someone who has spent the majority of their career in politics.

Jeb will have to have a Tea Party running mate. Looks like Hilldawg will win. I'd still rather have Jeb but Hillary will win in a rl scenario like this.

I'm trying to base it off what I believe will happen.

Which is fine. But Jeb will have a hard winning the right wing.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2015, 07:10:13 PM »

I like Bush's chances here. I don't find Clinton or Baldwin to be particularly inspiring, and Bush is able to at least somewhat counter the all female ticket with Ayotte, who has more experience than Baldwin, in my opinion. Bush/Ayotte would do very well with the male vote, I think.

I suspect we could see this scenario in a year from now....

Hillary pandering to two groups at once with Baldwin. Nice! It would have been such a better strategic move for Jeb to pick Kasich, though.

Bush won't pick someone who has spent the majority of their career in politics.

Jeb will have to have a Tea Party running mate. Looks like Hilldawg will win. I'd still rather have Jeb but Hillary will win in a rl scenario like this.

I'm trying to base it off what I believe will happen.

Which is fine. But Jeb will have a hard winning the right wing.

Not in the general election.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2015, 07:58:42 PM »

September 5, 2016 - Poll: Bush, Clinton in tight race

WASHINGTON, DC - A new NBC News / Wall Street Journal poll nationally and in swing states finds that Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton are in a tight presidential race. The poll found Clinton leading Bush 46%-45% nationally. Bush leads Clinton by between 1 and 4 points in Florida, Ohio, and Iowa as Clinton leads Bush by between 1 ans 4 points in Nevada and Virginia. Bush leads Clinton 46%-44% in New Hampshire, his running-mate's home state. However, Clinton leads Bush 48%-44% in New Mexico, a state the Bush campaign is putting some resources into.

September 17, 2016 - Bush uses mother on campaign trail in Ohio

CLEVELAND, OH - Former First Lady Barbra Bush, the mother of Republican Presidential Nominee Jeb Bush, appeared with the Former Florida Governor on the campaign trail in Ohio. "Jeb has the experience, the courage, and the conviction to lead" the wife of Former President George Bush said.

September 28, 2016 - Bill Clinton campaigns for wife in Florida

MIAMI BEACH, FL - Former President Bill Clinton campaigned for his wife, Democratic Presidential Nominee Hillary Clinton, in opponent Jeb Bush's hometown of Miami Beach, FL. "Hillary will take the progress made in the last eight years and finally try and solve the complex problems of income inequality, inequality in our schools, issues with our criminal justice system, she's serious about working for you" the Former President said.

October 5, 2016 - Bush, Clinton participate in first debate on domestic issues

"The aspiration that I have is that in the next eight years, we should grow at 4% GDP, which would create 19 million new jobs and balance the federal budget. I have put forward a detailed plan to get us there. First, we need to reform our tax structure - my plan would cut taxes on capital gains, business, and individual income by 35% and we'd eliminate loopholes and cap deductions. Secondly, through executive order and working with congress, we would eliminate the hundreds of new rules and regulations created by this administration, many times without the consent of congress. Third, we need to, in an environmentally friendly way, embrace the energy revolution that is ours for the taking. Fourth, I think we need to reform our broken immigration system to encourage the smartest people in the world to contribute to our economy. We also need to support research and development, that's why I support R&D tax credits. If we fix these things, we can create jobs with rising wages for the millions of Americans who are still undermployed nearly half a decade into a so-called recovery" - Jeb Bush

"Eight years ago, President Obama took office during the worst recession since the Great Depression. Since he has taken office, we have seen the creation of 12 million new jobs after we lost 8 million jobs in the last two years or so of the prior administration. Governor Bush keeps talking about how our economy is weak, I think we should celebrate the jobs that have been created and the fact that President Obama has cut the deficit by 65%. But, our work is not done. The truth is, Governor Bush and I agree that wages are stagnating. But, Governor Bush opposes a higher minimum wage, I will raise our minimum wage to $9.50 by the year 2019. Additionally, I have called for investing $20 billion over the next four years in infrastructure improvements and worker re-training programs because as construction workers work temporary jobs, they can also have the option to be a part of a training program so they can find permanent jobs. I believe our economy is growing, but I want it to grow for everyone" - Hillary Clinton

"One of the areas where I have agreed with President Obama actually is on education reform. Race to the top was successful because it incentived states to raise standards in education without penalizing them if they didn't meet requirements. I have consistently said that I oppose having the federal government be involved in standards, but I have been a passionate advocate of school choice, higher standards, and greater accountability. In Florida, I fought for and implemented higher standards, accountability, and the first statewide voucher program in the country. Test scores improved, and I was very proud that achievement amongst black and hispanic students saw their greatest gains in Florida when compared to the rest of the country during my time as Governor. We ended social promotion which helped us improve gains in reading, and we remain a leader in early childhood education to this day. As President, I won't be fighting to have the federal government set standards in education, and I won't penalize states who have a different view than mine. But, there are ways we can incentivize school choice and accountability without having the federal government overstep it's bounds, and I happen to believe that certain provisions of No Child Left Behind have enabled us to do that, though I don't believe that legislation does enough for school choice" - Jeb Bush

"Governor Bush and I clearly have different views on some of the important social issues facing our country. Like over 60% of Americans, I am a strong supporter of gun control. I also don't agree with Governor Bush signing Stand Your Ground into law. I think we should have universal backround checks and the assault weapon ban that expired should be instated again. Governor Bush also is against a woman's right to choose, a right I strongly support and have been an advocate for during the course of my entire adult life. The issue of same-sex marriage might be our biggest difference. Governor Bush opposes federal protections for same-sex couples, he opposes marriage equality, and the judges he appointed in Florida were anything but for marriage equality. I believe that the federal government should legalize marriage equality for all Americans, this is the civil rights issue of our era. The kinds of judges Governor Bush would appoint would tell us that our constitution forbids same-sex marriage, a woman's right to choose, and that the second amendment allows for the possession of assault weapons. He would appoint judges who have an ideological agenda as opposed to ones who would interpret the law and apply the constitution to today, I would appoint judges who are just the opposite" - Hillary Clinton

"Throughout the course of this campaign, Secretary Clinton has attacked my record and has misled the public about who I am and what I stand for. In a presidential campaign, there are going to be differences, but I believe that the differences between candidates should be based on fact, not rhetoric. The fact of the matter is, I have experience in both the private sector and as chief executive of the second largest state in America. Secretary Clinton spent eight years as a legislator, a Washington insider who filed an amendment from time to time and called it success. She then spent four years as our top diplomat, which is an extremely important position, but she hasn't actually led a business, a state, or a government at any level. But what is most disturbing is her attempts to attack me on issues I care deeply about without knowing the facts. I care deeply about improving our economy because I know that if we fix a few big things, this can be, and I believe it will be, the greatest time to be alive. I care deeply about reforming our education system because I have seen first hand what my brother called the soft bigotry of low expectations, and I have seen students without hope succeed because of a better education system in my state. I care deeply about fixing our immigration system because it's personal to me, the love of my life is from Mexico and I love her culture and have adopted it as my own. I also believe that if we fix our immigration system, we can have the best and brightest coming to our country to contribute to our society. I'm proud of my record, I know who I am, and I will always be truthful with the American people" - Jeb Bush

"I do believe that experience plays a huge role in determining who should be the next President of the United States. In the 1970s and 1980s, I was a young attorney fighting for the rights of people who were faced with enormous challenges in their lives. That experienced helped me understand the importance of having a safety net in our society, it also taught me the importance of the dignity that comes with a job. In the U.S. Senate, I was involved with a series of issues, and I'm most proud of my work on education reform, caring for our veterans, and dealing with tough foreign policy issues. As Secretary of State, I had the opportunity to restore America's standing in the world. America is best when we have strong alliances and are able to negotiate as opposed to going to war. Governor Bush has a very different kind of experience. While I commend his work on education reform, he has spent the last eight years in corporate America, where he's benefited from Obamacare while actively opposing the expansion of health care. He has made millions of dollars from off-shore tax shelters. Governor Bush was essentially a lobbyist for much of the 1980s, that was the extent of his private sector experience. No one can call me unqualified for the job of President. It is no secret that Governor Bush and I know about the presidency given that people close to us have served in that capacity. That's why I know that I am better qualified than my opponent to lead us forward" - Hillary Clinton
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2015, 10:34:54 PM »

October 12, 2016 - Baldwin, Ayotte participate in Vice Presidential Debate

"Under President Obama, we have seen the highest level of poverty in three generations, the lowest labor participation rate in thirty-five years, small businesses are closing at a faster rate than they are beginning, we have record national debt, and we are less secure in the world because the President believes that the United States should not be a leader in the world. For most Americans, this era of stagnation has been challenging. Jeb Bush and I have embraced a plan to create 4% economic growth. We believe in the American people and believe it's time to restore hope and opportunity. Our plan reduces regulations that hurt job growth, reduces taxes and reforms our entire tax code, embraces alternative sources of energy, repeals and replaces Obamacare with a plan to lower costs and expand access to those who lack insurance, and we will reform our education and immigration systems to make them work again. This is the path to prosperity. Jeb Bush and I, unlike our opponents, are not career politicians. We've been in the real world, and we've gotten important things done in our careers that have improved lives." - Kelly Ayotte

"Hillary Clinton and I believe that the time has come to knock down barriers that have kept too many citizens in this country from reaching their full potential. This is a historic moment for our country. We have an opportunity to use technology to our advantage to combat global warming, we have an opportunity to reform our criminal justice system to give non-violent offenders a second chance because we've seen it work at the state level, and we must work to end income and gender inequality in our country. Governor Bush and Senator Ayotte are cross-crossing the nation trying to sell a package of tax cuts and less spending, that's been the Republican platform in every election for five decades. They don't want to invest in education, health care, or in combating global warming. Senator Ayotte especially has not concerned herself with criminal justice reform. The Republicans offer nothing new. If they win this election, Wall Street and the wealthy will have champions in the white house again, Hillary Clinton and I are fighting for all Americans, especially working families, seniors, students, and single mothers. This election is a choice of priorities, our priority is you, our opponents is their ideological agenda" - Tammy Baldwin

October 23, 2016 - Bush, Clinton debate foreign policy

"My foreign policy vision is that America should be a leader in the world. The United States should not intervene in every situation, we can't be the world's police, but we must always protect our national security interests, stand with our allies, and stand up to our enemies. What concerns me right now is in Washington, foreign policy has become a political football. I simply reject the idea that politicians should play politics with our foreign policy. We live in a dangerous world. We need to have the strongest military, the best human intelligence, and the strongest alliances with our allies possible. That should be the goal of all Americans regardless of political party. Be it stopping Iran from acquiring nuclear capability, supporting key allies such as Israel as they fight terror, condemning decades of oppression in Cuba, increasing trade with Latin America, or any other goal, the next President of the United States must exercise judgement in foreign affairs, I believe that my skill set in business and government best shapes me to strong judgement" - Jeb Bush

"I believe that over the last eight years, we have engaged in tough diplomacy. As Secretary of State, I had to repair relations that had been badly damaged in the years before I took office. We accomplished a lot, and yes we made mistakes, but I'm very proud to have been a staunch defender of human rights and an advocate for alliances to help make the world safer for countries like ours. That is exactly the kind of President I will be, I'd exercise tough diplomacy and I would continue to ensure our military is the strongest it possible can be. Governor Bush and I completely agree with the idea that foreign policy should not be a partisan issue subject to polls or ideology. My concern is that there are some in congress who have made it so. I am prepared to not only conduct a foreign policy consistent with our values, I am also committed to working with congress to make sure we are on the same page as it relates to the mission of U.S. foreign policy. Let me be very clear though. Governor Bush has no foreign policy experience, I was America's top diplomat for four years, that's a key distinction in this election" - Hillary Clinton

October 30, 2016 - In final presidential debate, Bush and Clinton make closing arguments to American voters

"Fellow citizens, this election offers Americans a choice. If you believe the status-quo is working, that weak economic growth is the new normal, that America shouldn't be a leader in this world, and that our destiny is massive amounts of debt, my opponent would be happy to have your support. I come from a very different place. I helped create and expand a business, and I led a state during a time of historic prosperity and reforms in government. I believe that if we fix how we tax, how we regulate, embrace the energy revolution, raise standards and expand parental choice in education, fix our broken immigration system, and support investments in job training and research and development again, our economy can grow at 4%, which would create 19 million new jobs. Working together, putting aside our differences, we can achieve things that seem like great challenges right now. Washington insiders have made a lot of promises, now is a time for an outsider to deliver results. I'm humbly asking for your votes because I believe that it's time we are a hopeful, dynamic, and energetic country once again, and I'm ready to lead" - Jeb Bush

"Governor Bush and the Republicans are offering the same platform their party has offered since the 1960s. Tax cuts, less regulations, repeat. We've been hearing their rheoric for 50 years. Eight years ago, the Republicans warned that Barack Obama would make the recession they started because of deregulation and tax cuts for the wealthy worse. Today, more Americans have health insurance who lacked it in 2009. 12 million jobs have been created. The stock market has made historic gains. Manufacturing has even returned to America. The rust belt is doing better than at any time since the 1960s. Governor Bush wants you to believe things are worse off today than they were when the Republicans left office, that simply is not the case. But, we agree things can be better. By raising our minimum wage, keeping taxes on small business low, supporting alternative sources of energy, expanding opportunities for young people to go to college, and by reforming our criminal justice system, we can restore economic fairness and greater equality for all of our citizens. That will be the goal of my presidency. It has to be our goal as a country" - Hillary Clinton

November 2, 2016 - Powell backs Bush

NEW YORK, NY - Former U.S. Secretary of State Collin Powell endorsed Republican Presidential Nominee Jeb Bush for President in the 2016 election during a CNN interview. Powell, who endorsed President Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012, said Bush was the "kind of Republican who brought many moderates into the party." Powell specifically expressed support for Bush's policies on education and immigration reform.

November 7, 2016 - Bush, Clinton, running-mates campaign ahead of election

WASHINGTON, DC - Former Governor of Florida Jeb Bush and Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, running for President, each held their final campaign rallies on the eve of the 2016 presidential election, as their running-mates also held rallies. For his part, Republican Presidential Nominee Jeb Bush was joined on the campaign trail by Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, U.S. Senator Rob Portman of Ohio, U.S. Senator Marco Rubio, and Governor of New Mexico Susanna Martinez at his last campaign event in Columbus, Ohio. Bush spent the final three days of the election on a bus tour through Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Iowa. Bush's running-mate, U.S. Senator Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire, was joined on the campaign trail by Governor of Maryland Larry Hogan, Texas Land Commissioner George P. Bush, Jeb Bush's son, and Former First Lady Laura Bush in the swing state of Virginia after spending time campaigning in Nevada, New Mexico, and her home state of New Hampshire in recent days. Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Democratic Presidential Nominee, was joined on the campaign trail by President Barack Obama and her husband, Former President Bill Clinton, on the campaign trail. After campaigning heavily in Virginia and North Carolina, Clinton held her final campaign rally in Manchester, New Hampshire. Her running-mate, U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin, was accompanied on the campaign trail by Vice President Joe Biden and U.S. Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey. Baldwin completed a three day bus-tour of Iowa, Ohio, and Pennsylvania before holding her final campaign event in her home state of Wisconsin.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2015, 05:10:09 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2015, 05:12:49 PM by dudeabides »

November 9, 2016 - Without results in Ohio, Virginia, Presidency remains too close to call

WASHINGTON, DC - Republican Jeb Bush and Democrat Hillary Clinton waited patiently for results of the 2016 election, only to find out that no winner could be declared because the race is too close to call in Ohio and Virginia. As of 5 a.m. EST, Bush has 256 electoral college votes as Clinton has 251.

November 10, 2016 - Bush wins Ohio, presidency

COLUMBUS, OH - Republican Presidential Nominee Jeb Bush was declared the winner of Ohio's 18 electoral votes. He defeated Hillary Clinton by less than 4,000 votes in Ohio. Even with the results unknown in Virginia, Bush won more than the needed 270 electoral college votes to win.

Jeb Bush accepts victory, Clinton refuses to concede defeat

MIAMI BEACH, FL - Surrounded by family, supporters, and the press,  Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush declared victory in the 2016 presidential election at a press conference outside his campaign headquarters in Miami Beach, Florida. "There is no question this was a close election. Everyone who voted can now say their vote really did count. I am humbled and honored by this result, and I look forward to serving as the 45th President of the United States" Bush stated.

July 15, 2016 - Clinton wins Virginia by 7,000 votes, concedes defeat

RICHMOND, VA - Despite winning Virginia by 7,000 votes after an automatic recount took place, Democratic Presidential Nominee Hillary Clinton conceded the 2016 presidential election to President-elect Jeb Bush after failing to get to 270 electoral college votes. "Tonight, I spoke with Governor Bush and congratulated him on his victory. I wished him all the best, and look forward to working with him in the future" the Former Secretary of State stated.

2016 presidential election
Jeb Bush / Kelly Ayotte (R) 50% 274 EV
Hillary Clinton / Tammy Baldwin (D) 49% 264 EV

January 20, 2017: The Jeb Bush Cabinet

Vice President: Kelly Ayotte
Secretary of State: Jon Huntsman Jr.
U.N. Ambassador: Liz Cheney
Secretary of Defense: Douglas J. Feith
Secretary of Homeland Security: Susanna Martinez
Secretary of Commerce: Marissa Mayer
Secretary of Treasury: Glenn Hubbard
Director, Office of Budget & Management: Paul Ryan
Secretary of Health & Human Services: Ben Carson
Secretary of Education: Frank Brogan
Attorney General: Michael Chertoff
U.S. Trade Representative: Roger Noritega
Secretary of Agriculture: Bill Northey
Secretary of Labor: Susan Collins  
Secretary of Energy: Bud Albright
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2015, 05:30:09 PM »

Very well done, even though I disagree with the outcome.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2015, 11:01:07 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2015, 11:07:19 PM by dudeabides »

Very well done, even though I disagree with the outcome.

Thank you. I am going to take this probably to 2036, so you might not disagree with some future outcomes.

January 20, 2017 - January 1, 2019 - Highlights of the President Jeb Bush administration
-February 1, 2017 - President Bush announces that through executive order, he will reverse all Obama-era executive orders on regulatory policy and immigration
-February 25, 2017 - President Bush signs into law the entirety of his tax cut package, sponsored by Sens. Pat Toomey (R-PA), Kristen Gillibrand (D-NY), and Thom Tillis (R-NC) and well as Reps. John Boehner (R-OH), lleana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL), and Steve Israel (D-NY). The legislation, known as "The Tax Rate Reduction & Code Reform Act of 2017" reduces individual income, capital gains, and corporate taxes by 35% while closing all tax loopholes and capping deductions for incomes above $60,000 per year at $8,000. The bi-partisan legislation passed the U.S. Senate 91-9 and the U.S. House 390-45.
- April 15, 2017 - In a vote of 62-38 in the U.S. Senate and 300-135 in the U.S. House, congress voted for a constitutional balanced budget amendment, supported by President Bush. The amendment will have to be ratified by the states.
- May 2, 2017 - President Bush signs into law a repeal of individual and employer mandates associated with The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Republicans in both houses of congress, joined by U.S. Senators Joe Manchin (D-WV) and Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND) voted for the legislation sponsored by Senate Republicans Mitch McConell of Kentucky and James Inholfe of Oaklahoma and Congressional Republicans Kevin McCarthy of California and Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee as Democrats opposed the measure.
- July 2, 2017 - President Bush signs into law the "Energy Security Act" which re-directed half of green energy tax credits towards clean coal, natrual gas, and oil tax credits while de-regulating the green energy sector. The other half of the subsidies went to reducing the national debt.
- September 15, 2017 - President Bush announces an overhaul of the Veterans Administration. Bush announced that veteran's care would be subsidized and the federal government would pay community hospitals to open wings specifically for veterans. Bush said under this plan, medical personnel and lower level administrators would keep their jobs.
- December 15, 2017 - President Bush signs into law the "Medicaid Reform Act" block-granting medicaid funding to states, saving $50 billion per year at the federal level.
February 18, 2018 - President Bush signs into law bi-partisan social security reform legislation that means-tests social security, slows the growth of benefits for those earning above $150,000 per year, and raises the retirement age to 69 years old. The legislation is expected to save taxpayers $950 billion over a decade.
- May 1, 2018 - President Bush announces that the U.S. will re-instate economic sanctions on Iran following reports Iran was ducking authorities who were making sure they weren't enriching uranium. A bi-partisan majority in congress voted for sanctions.  
- August 27, 2018 - In a U.S. Senate vote of 48-52 and a Congressional Vote of 210-225, Congress rejects President Bush's call for immigration reform. The Bush plan, sponsored by U.S. Senators John McCain (R-AZ), Lindsey Graham (R-SC), Jeff Flake (R-AZ), Kristen Gillibrand (D-NY) and Cory Booker (D-NJ) in addition to House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-NY) established a pathway to legal status and a guest worker program, in addition to employment verification, for undocumented immigrants.
- October 1, 2018 - President Bush signs into law a presidential conditional veto in which the President could highlight a line-item in the budget and send it back to congress for an up or down vote.
- December 5, 2018 - President Bush signs into law a full repeal of Dodd-Frank after a vote in which all Republicans voted for full repeal as Democrats opposed full repeal.

January 2, 2019 - Poll: Bush approval at 62%, Potential Democratic Field of Candidates causes party division

Bush Approval
Approve: 62%
Disapprove: 32%

2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination
Daniel Malloy 15%
Tammy Baldwin 10%
Kristen Gillibrand 9%
Cory Booker 9%
Andrew Cuomo 9%
Chris Coons 8%
Bill DeBlasio 8%
Al Franken 7%
Martin O'Malley 6%
Susan Rice 6%
Rahm Emanuel 6%
Other/Undecided 7%
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2015, 11:32:09 PM »

Not sure about the 2020 field - Malloy is deeply unpopular in Connecticut, barely scraping by twice. What did he do in his second term that vaulted him to the top of the field? Also can't see Chris Coons going anywhere, along with Emanuel. Whoever comes out on top in California this year will be a top pick - Kamala Harris 2020?
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2015, 12:11:21 AM »

Good timeline. I figured Jeb would win, but you accomplished it in a a realistic manner. Glad to see it continuing
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2015, 11:03:59 AM »

While Clinton would probably lose if she chose a female running mate I feel confident she will avoid this and will win the presidency with either Sherrod Brown (OH) or a Virginian.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2015, 05:35:35 PM »

Thank you all for the feedback, it is much appreciated and I will take it into consideration.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2015, 10:17:24 PM »

January 10, 2019 - Warren launches presidential campaign despite signals she wouldn't run

MANCHESTER, NH - Despite signaling she would not run for President in 2020, U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) declared her intention to seek the Democratic Presidential Nomination. Warren, one of the Bush administration's fiercest critics, said banking reform, raising the federal minimum wage to $12.00 per hour, reversing the Bush tax cuts, and universal Pre-K education would be her top goals if elected President.

January 25, 2019 - Emanuel to seek Democratic nomination for President

CHICAGO, IL - Democratic Mayor of Chicago Rahm Emanuel declared his intention to seek the Democratic Presidential Nomination in 2020. Emanuel argued that Jeb Bush's administration was "soft on gun control, harsh on non-violent drug offenders, and useless on voting rights."

February 5, 2019 - Malloy to seek Democratic Presidential Nomination

DOVER, NH - Former Governor of Connecticut Dan Malloy became the third Democrat to enter the race for President. Attacking the Bush administration on education, health care, and tax policy, Malloy said he would emphasize increasing funding and raising standards for poorer school districts in education, reversing Jeb Bush's tax cut for the wealthiest 5% of households, and he said he would pass comprehensive immigration reform if elected President. Malloy served as Governor of Connecticut from 2011-2019.

February 18, 2019 - McAuliffe to seek presidency

RICHMOND, VA - Former Governor of Virginia Terry McAuliffe, a favorite of establishment Democrats, announced his intention to seek the 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination. In his announcement speech, McAuliffe argued that income inequality was a "generational challenge" and that cutting taxes for middle and lower income Americans, raising the federal minimum wage, and expanding health care coverage to all American children would help close the income gap.

March 15, 2019 - Booker in for 2020

NEWARK, NJ - Calling for sweeping criminal justice reform, a ban on assault weapons, cap and trade, and public financing of all elections, U.S. Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey, Former Mayor of Newark, NJ, declared he was a candidate for President. Unlike his opponents, Booker stayed away from attacking the Bush administration.

April 5, 2019 - Hagan to run for President

CHAPEL HILL, NC - Former U.S. Senator Kay Hagan entered the 2020 Democratic Presidential Primary. Defeated for a second term in the U.S. Senate by a narrow margin, Hagan argued for a "more moderate" Democratic Party and voiced support for President Bush's economic policies, but called for a "pro-choice, pro-marriage equality, pro-peace Democrat" as the party's presidential nominee.

April 27, 2019 - DeBlasio to run for President

IOWA CITY, IA - New York City Mayor Bill DeBlasio announced he would be a candidate for President of the United States. Calling for universal Pre-K, a return to Obamacare, and investments in infrastructure and higher education, DeBlasio promised he was the "true progressive" in the race for President.

May 1, 2019 - Shaheen says she's running for President

CONCORD, NH - U.S. Senator Jeanne Shaheen announced she would be a candidate for President in 2020. Pledging to keep the Bush tax cuts in place, pass comprehensive immigration reform, support bi-partisan entitlement reform, and to increase funding for K-12 education, Shaheen presented herself as the most electable Democrat. Prior to her service in the U.S. Senate, Shaheen served as Governor of New Hampshire.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2015, 11:44:55 PM »

The Democratic Clowncar... Heh.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2015, 12:18:36 PM »

Challenging an incumbent isn't that easy. See the 2012 GOP field, the 1996 GOP field, and the 1984 Democratic field.

June 5, 2019 - Poll: Malloy, Warren, McAuliffe are Democratic front-runners

Dan Malloy 22%
Elizabeth Warren 19%
Terry McAuliffe 19%
Cory Booker 15%
Jeanee Shaheen 10%
Kay Hagan 7%
Bill DeBlasio 4%
Rahm Emanuel 2%

August 10, 2019 - Democrats hold their first Presidential Debate

"What brings me to this presidential race is that this President promised Americans four years ago he would govern in a way that brings us all hope. Hope isn't repealing legislation that asks businesses to provide health care for their employees. Hope isn't failing to raise our minimum wage. Hope certainly isn't cutting funding from the Department of Housing and Urban Development. In Connecticut, we expanded health care access to our poorest kids, invested in education including early childhood education, and we supported job training for displaced workers. My priorities as President would be even higher standards in education, providing health care access for who can't afford it once and for all, supporting marriage equality at the federal level once and for all, raising our federal minimum wage immediately, and revamping job training programs to help displaced workers. If you believe it's time for action and less talk, I'm asking for your support" - Dan Malloy

"Unfortunately, what I have seen from both parties in Washington too often is that special interests have a hold on both parties too often. We have banks that are too big to fail and yet, we continue to allow predatory lending that hurts working families. Our federal minimum wage hasn't been increased in over a decade, yet tax breaks for the rich have been implemented by President Bush and Congressional Republicans. There is too much money in politics and few in Washington actually support public financing of elections, I do, and I'll continue to fight for it as President of the United States. What we need now more than ever is a progressive champion, someone who won't apologize for holding the beliefs that we Democrats know are right for America. I am running for President to end gridlock and the special interest hold on Washington D.C. that has dominated our politics for far too long" - Elizabeth Warren

"Everywhere I go across this country, I hear from people who want Democrats and Republicans to work together to solve immigration, solve our environmental problems, reform our criminal justice system, and protect a woman's right to choose. As Mayor of one of America's largest cities, I exercised fiscal discipline and reduced property taxes. In the U.S. Senate, I've been the leading advocate for criminal justice reform and immigration reform, and those are two areas where I plan on succeeding as President of the United States. Voters should hear about our records, our ideas, and our values. My record is one that I am confident voters of all ideologies can acknowledge is one of inclusiveness. I want to bring people of all backgrounds, incomes, and geographies together to do the hard work that needs to be done. My intent is to win the Democratic nomination for President, build a coalition to win the general election, and govern with the interests of all Americans in mind, always" - Cory Booker

"Throughout my entire career in public service, I have been a proud Democrat, but I have always put my ideology aside when trying to make tough decisions, be it as a Governor or a U.S. Senator. What I see today is a President who hasn't made tough decisions. We were told four years ago that Jeb Bush would be the education President. Yet, for four years, this administration has refused to expand pell grants and college loan assistance, arguing it's fiscally irresponsible. We were told the President would end our dependence on foreign sources of energy, yet we have slashed energy tax credits in half. We were told he'd do something about immigration, yet his own party wouldn't allow him to pass meaningful reform. All of us up here agree on most of the issues facing this country. The difference is, I have an actual plan to reform our tax code - we keep tax rates where they are for the middle class, we raise the top tax rate to 40%, and we use the extra revenue for debt reduction. I have an actual plan to end our dependence on foreign sources of energy, an actual plan for immigration reform. It's about leadership, it's about experience, and I have both" - Jeanne Shaheen

"After four years of a Republican administration, we have failed to invest in our inner-cities, funding for infrastructure improvements has remained flat, funding for housing vouchers has remained flat, and yet somehow we have money to give tax breaks to the rich. Somehow, we have money to fight in the middle east when we have crumbling cities here at home. I think what we have in Washington today is a lack of political will to admit that we have not properly invested in infrastructure, K-12 education, and in job training not only at community colleges in suburban and rural communities, but in LA, Detroit, or Chicago. I will gradually reverse the Bush tax cuts in it's entirety and fight to make those investments, plus we'll provide health care to every single American, I am for single-payer health care and I'm the only one on this stage aside from Senator Warren who is. Instead of focusing so much on what happens across the globe, let's try and rebuild what is broken here at home" - Bill DeBlasio

"The path to victory for the Democratic Party is clear. We are the party that is for the working men and women in this country, we are the party that is strong on national security, and we are the party that is fiscally responsible. We can increase aid for college tuition assistance, expand SCHIP to cover 100% of our kids with health care, and we can still balance the budget. At the same time, we can keep our country safe in this world by having the strongest military, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't negotiate with any country, and it sometimes means we have to try and work out differences we have with nations like Russia and China. In Virginia, we doubled funding for K-12 education in four years, reduced the uninsured rate of our children by 90%, and we still balanced our budget and delivered a 10% property tax reduction. I did it with a Republican majority in our state house, I'm the only candidate up here who has really had to pass bi-partisan legislation in order to govern" - Terry McAuliffe

"What I have seen under Jeb Bush's administration is a complete lack of understanding about how to solve the challenges of our time. There is no doubt that we've seen strong economic growth over the last three years or so. But, this administration has failed to address the racial division and the inner-city violence that is the great challenge of our time. President Bush told congressional Democrats that he would veto any gun control measures. I believe the next President of the United States must actively pursue gun control and through executive order push the F.B.I. to do the same. As far as the racial division in our country, the federal government should seek to fully enforce existing civil rights legislation at the local level, this President has been absent on this. At the same time, nothing has been done to reform our criminal justice system, Republican Governors are still implementing voter suppression laws, and four more years would allow this President to appoint judges who are not sympathetic to what is going on. Simply put, it is time for a change, and I offer a very stark contrast" - Rahm Emanuel

"The Democratic Party is not going to win elections if we over promise and under deliver. I am running for President because I am deeply concerned about how the federal government has remained out of control and out of touch despite promises made by this President four years ago. When Jeb Bush said he wanted a constitutional balanced budget amendment, I wrote an op-ed in support of his proposal. But now, funding for education, housing, and infrastructure has remained flat even as military spending has grown at twice the rate of inflation. My presidency will focus on reining in the power of the federal government by reducing the size of bureaucracy, but we'll also send money back to the states. President Bush's overhaul of our VA system has been a disgrace, and too many in our party supported him in that effort. What he has done, long term, will double the cost of veterans care while privatizing their care. I would fight to reverse Jeb Bush's policies in this regard, and we can start with an executive order. Finally, the way to balance the budget is not to give a tax cut for wealthy Americans and the largest corporations in America, I'll reverse those tax cuts and balance the budget. I'm going to work like crazy to ensure that your priorities are my priorities" - Kay Hagan
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2015, 11:10:42 PM »

September 7, 2019 - Malloy wins endorsements, puts forward five-point agenda

IOWA CITY, IA - Fresh off winning endorsements from Former U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, Former U.S. Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA), and Former Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack (D-IA), Democratic Presidential Hopeful Dan Malloy laid out his "five point vision for change" at an event in southeastern Iowa. Malloy called for overhauling worker re-training programs to be available, free of charge, whenever someone loses a job, and he pledged to award grants to colleges that agreed to host such programs. Malloy also called for doubling SCHIP funding to "cover every child in America with health care." Malloy also called for closing the gun show loophole, reversing the Bush tax cuts for higher income households to balance the budget, and for higher national standards in education. Malloy criticized the Bush administration on health care and education especially, arguing they "gutted health care reform" and "allowed Republican Governors to privatize education."

September 20, 2019 - As McAuliffe introduces himself to national audience, he wins more establishment backing, gets into specifics

CHARLESTON, SC - Democratic Presidential Hopeful Terry McAuliffe, Former Governor of Virginia, picked up four major endorsements in recent days in his quest for the Democratic Presidential Nomination. McAuliffe won the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo (D-NY), Former U.S. Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta, and U.S. Senators Tim Kaine and Mark Warner of Virginia. Presenting himself as a more electable Democrat this his opponents, McAuliffe called for doubling aid for K-12 education, restoring tax credits for alternative sources of energy, and voiced support for President Bush's proposed immigration reforms, but criticized the administration for not fighting hard enough for their proposal.

October 5, 2019 - Poll: Bush well ahead of all Democrats in potential general election match ups

Jeb Bush 53%
Dan Mallloy 41%

Jeb Bush 55%
Elizabeth Warren 38%

Jeb Bush 49%
Terry McAuliffe 42%

Jeb Bush 51%
Cory Booker 41%

October 5, 2019 - Bush urges congress to reconsider immigration reform

WASHINGTON, DC - President Jeb Bush urged Congress to reconsider immigration reform. The President asked congress to send him a bill with a pathway to legal status, an employment verification system, and a guest worker program in the bill. Bush also urged congress to reform the nation's legal immigration system in an effort to "narrow family petitioning and increase the number of immigrants coming here for economic reasons."

October 15, 2019 - Booker calls for criminal justice, immigration reform, wins endorsements

HILLSBOROUGH, SC - U.S. Senator Cory Booker, seeking the Democratic Presidential Nomination, took the unusual step of agreeing with the man he sought to defeat in the election of 2016. Booker, a co-sponsor of the immigration reform legislation the Bush administration supports, says congress should pass immigration reform. Booker was critical of the Bush administration, however, on criminal justice reform. Arguing for job training and voting rights for non-violent former offenders, Booker said that Jeb Bush's administration "failed to give people a second chance." Booker, fresh off winning endorsements from Former U.S. Senator Bill Bradley (D-NJ) and Former Attorney General Eric Holder, told voters he would "bridge the gap between the two parties."

November 1, 2019 - Despite conservative backlash, Congress passes Bush-backed immigration reform, includes guest worker program, pathway to legal status, e-verify, and reforms to the legal immigration system

WASHINGTON, DC - In a U.S. House vote of 320-115 and a U.S. Senate vote of 71-29, bi-partisan legislation proposed by President Bush and introduced to congress by a bi-partisan coalition passed the U.S. House and U.S. Senate in it's original form. What changed was that the President promised, though executive order, that he would double border patrol agents over a three year period and deport undocumented workers who committed serious crimes. 
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2015, 02:00:16 PM »

If Danny Boy ran for President, I would probably vomit on the spot
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2015, 02:59:14 PM »

I think O'Malley would either need to become Governor again in 2018, or he'd likely back a Governor of California - Swalwell or Newsom.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2015, 08:20:07 PM »

As always, I appreciate the feedback!

December 1, 2019 - Shaheen outlines presidential agenda in New Hampshire

MANCHESTER, NH - Campaigning two months ahead of her home state's presidential primary, Democratic Presidential Candidate Jeanne Shaneen outlined her presidential agenda. Shaneen endorsed a bi-partisian bill to increase medicare premiums by 15% on upper-income households and phase out the program for those earning above $500,000 by the year 2027. She also endorsed repealing No Child Left Behind and replacing it with higher standards and reduced class sizes with federal funding. Shaheen also endorsed indexing the federal minimum wage to inflation.

December 15, 2019 - DeBlasio blasts Bush administration on gun control, HUD

DOVER, NH - Arguing that the Bush administration "bypassed congress to loosen gun control restrictions," Democratic Presidential Hopeful Bill DeBlasio called for sweeping gun control - including a ban on assault weapons, universal backround checks, and 14-day waiting periods. DeBlasio also said the Bush administration has "failed to rebuild our cities" and called for a $20 billion program to increase housing vouchers, fund anti-drug programs, and add 25,000 police to city streets by 2026.

January 10, 2020 - President Bush launches re-election campaign

MIAMI BEACH, FL - With his family and supporters at his side, President Jeb Bush announced he would seek a second term as President. "In the last three years, we've grown our economy at an average GDP rate of 3.9%, we've added over 11 million jobs, our poverty level is now at it's lowest since 1994, wages last year grew at their fastest pace in 15 years, and we've reduced welfare rolls by 25%" the President declared. Bush touted the passage of tax reform, immigration reform, social security reform, and a constitutional balanced budget amendment as key accomplishments of his first term. Bush pledged to reform medicare and medicaid, invest in research & development, aggressively pursue energy independence, and invest $10 billion in infrastructure if re-elected. Democrats quickly pointed out that income inequality grew, drug use increased by 17%, and home ownership declined during the President's first term.

January 12, 2020 - Emanuel blasts Bush re-election launch, proposes alternative agenda

BAY SHORE, SC - Mayor of Chicago Rahm Emanuel, seeking the Democratic Presidential Nomination, attacked President Jeb Bush's re-election launch speech and offered contrast as to what he'd do as President. Emanuel said one of his top priorities would be to raise the minimum wage, raise the top income tax rate to 40%, and raise the capital gains tax for those earning above $1 million to invest in health care for lower-income Americans, job training, and college aid. "President Bush has failed to realize that for the last 40 years, there has been a growing gap between the rich and the poor. He said four years ago he'd try to enable everyone to rise up, but much of the growth in wealth in the last four years has gone to those earning above $100,000 per year" Emanuel stated.  

January 17, 2020 - Hagan: Democrats can't win if we complain about the economy

BOCA RATON, FL - Democratic Presidential Hopeful Kay Hagan told a group of supporters in Florida that her party couldn't win in 2020 "making an argument we have a weak economy." Hagan said the top priority of the Democratic Party was to "hold the Republicans accountable for allowing money to too easily influence politics, reform our education system, and balance the budget without making cuts to medicare and medicaid."

January 25, 2020 - Clinton's back McAuliffe in Presidential Bid

SILVER PARK, IA - Former President Bill Clinton and Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, the 2016 Democratic Presidential Nominee, endorsed Terry McAuliffe for the 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination, touting his experience as Governor of Virginia and ability to win as reasons for the endorsement.

February 2, 2020 - McAuliffe wins Iowa Caucus, Deblasio outperforms expectations

DES MOINES, IA - Former Governor of Virginia Terry McAuliffe won the Iowa Democratic Caucus, defeating Connecticut Governor Dan Malloy 25%-23%. The big suprise of the night was that New York City Mayor Bill DeBlasio, often polling in single digits nationally, placed third - with 19% of the vote.  

February 3, 2020 - Ayotte attacks McAuliffe, Malloy at RNC fundraiser in Nevada

LAS VEGAS, NV - Just a day after Democrats cast their first votes in Iowa, Vice President Kelly Ayotte attacked Democratic front-runners Terry McAuliffe and Dan Malloy at a speech to Republican National Committee members in Nevada. "President Bush and I are confident of victory this fall. But we take nothing for granted. Governor McAuliffe and Governor Malloy are formidable opponents, but they must run on their records. Governor Malloy increased taxes by over $1.2 billion on the people of his state, and he increased state spending at twice the rate of inflation. Governor McAuliffe has a record of sweetheart deals and scandals in his past. This will be a great contrast with our record of 4% economic growth, 11 million new jobs, and 25 million people who left welfare" the Vice President stated.
Horsemask

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: -4.87

« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2015, 06:04:21 PM »

Fun TL to read, keep it up! Especially love the selection of Huntsman for SoS and Collins for Labor. Can't wait to read how 2020 turns out
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2015, 09:51:29 PM »
« Edited: August 11, 2015, 09:55:33 PM by dudeabides »

Fun TL to read, keep it up! Especially love the selection of Huntsman for SoS and Collins for Labor. Can't wait to read how 2020 turns out

Thank you!!!

February 9, 2020 - Shaheen wins New Hampshire, Warren comes close

MANCHESTER, NH - With all of the votes counted, longtime New Hampshire politician Jeanne Shaheen won her home state's presidential primary. However, Shaheen didn't perform as strongly as analysts predicted. She won just 38% of the vote, compared with U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren's 31%. Former Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe placed third with just 15% of the vote, followed by Former Connecticut Governor Dan Malloy with 8%.

February 15, 2020 - McAuliffe wins South Carolina primary as Emanuel exits campaign, backs Malloy

CHARLESTON, SC - Former Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe won South Carolina's Democratic Presidential Primary, garnering 47% of the vote. Runner-up Dan Malloy won just 29%. Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel exited the presidential race and backed Dan Malloy.

February 19, 2020 - Warren wins Michigan Primary

LAS VEGAS, NV - U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MI) won Michigan's Democratic Presidential primary, her first win of the 2020 campaign season. Warren defeated Former Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe 39%-37%.

February 22, 2020 - POLL: McAuliffe strongest general election hopeful, tied with Warren as national Democratic front-runner

National Democratic Primary
Elizabeth Warren 30%
Terry McAuliffe 30%
Cory Booker 15%
Jeanne Shaheen 10%
Dan Malloy 9%
Bill DeBlasio 4%
Kay Hagan 1%
Other 1%

General Election Match-Ups

Jeb Bush 57%
Elizabeth Warren 37%

Jeb Bush 49%
Terry McAuliffe 41%

Jeb Bush 53%
Cory Booker 38%

Jeb Bush 49%
Jeanne Shaheen 39%

Jeb Bush 51%
Dan Malloy 37%

Jeb Bush 59%
Bill DeBlasio 34%

Jeb Bush 49%
Kay Hagan 39%
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2015, 12:30:20 AM »

Good timeline, keep it up!
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2015, 09:24:18 PM »

February 25, 2020 - McAuliffe wins decisive victory in South Carolina, Hagan withdrawals

CHARLESTON, SC - Former Governor Terry McAuliffe (D-VA) won a decisive victory in South Carolina's Democratic Presidential Primary. He defeated U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) 49%-29%. Former U.S. Senator Kay Hagan withdrew from the presidential race after a disappointing third place showing in a state her campaign spent most of their resources on.

February 27, 2020 - Warren wins Nevada Caucus, McAuliffe wins Florida Primary

LAS VEGAS, NV - U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren won Nevada's Democratic Presidential Caucus, defeating opponent Terry McAuliffe 38%-33%. Meanwhile, McAuliffe defeated Warren 36%-30% in Florida's Democratic Presidential Primary.

March 1, 2020 - DeBlasio withdrawals, endorses Warren

NEW YORK, NY - Days before "Super Tuesday," Mayor of New York City Bill DeBlasio ended his 2020 presidential campaign and endorsed fellow candidate Elizabeth Warren, calling Warren "a principled progressive."

March 4, 2020 - Super Tuesday: McAuliffe, Warren divide victories, Booker wins token victories, Malloy withdrawals

PHILADELPHIA, PA - Democratic Presidential Candidates Terry McAuliffe, Elizabeth Warren, and Cory Booker all claimed victories in multiple Democratic Presidential Primaries. Former Connecticut Governor Dan Malloy, once considered a front-runner for the Democratic Presidential Nomination, ended his campaign. McAuliffe, Virginia's Former Governor, claimed victories in Ohio, Tennessee, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Wyoming, and Missouri. Warren, U.S. Senator from Massachusetts, won contests in her home state of Massachusetts, Vermont, Rhode Island, Oregon, Hawaii, and Illinois. Cory Booker, U.S. Senator from New Jersey, was able to claim victories in New York and Pennsylvania. Candidate Jeanne Shaheen won no victories, but said she would continue to stay in the presidential race.

March 7, 2020 - Democratic debate brings forward attacks, issues

"Under Jeb Bush, funding for housing vouchers, higher education, environmental protection, and health care for children has remained virtually flat. These are all important priorities that require our attention. We need a Democratic nominee who can make the case for investing in these programs in a fiscally responsible way. In Virginia, I met priorities and did it while balancing the budget and holding the line on taxes. Jeb Bush won't lecture me on fiscal discipline. Unfortunately, Senator Warren has a very different record. She has no executive experience, and she has supported $4 trillion in new spending and only pays for the first $800 billion of it. If we want to meet our priorities, we have to win, and I have won in a swing state" - Terry McAuliffe

"Governor McAuliffe is concerned about electability because his career was not as a public servant, it was as a political consultant. He is part of the party establishment and I think he's afraid because my message is resonating. My campaign is for those who care about issues. Issues like providing health care to the uninsured through expanding medicaid, we can do it by rolling back the President's tax cuts for the rich. It's about universal pre-k and doubling pell grants and funding for college tuition assistance. It's about ending our dependence on foreign energy and combating global warming through supporting alternatives by restoring the tax credits President Bush eliminated. It's about raising our minimum wage and ending the favoritism to Wall Street. We will win if we stand up for people, not Wall Street and the political class" - Elizabeth Warren

"As I hear the back and forth between my two friends up here, I want to remind the American people that we deserve a President who can bring people together, that's what I've been doing throughout my career. I was the Mayor who fought crime, implemented prisoner re-entry programs, and cut property taxes while helping to create jobs by bringing people together to bring businesses into our city. In the U.S. Senate, I've been a champion of criminal justice reform, immigration reform, and standing up for raising our minimum wage. One of us will go to Washington and we will have to deal with a Republican majority. I've worked with Rand Paul on criminal justice reform, I even worked with the President on immigration reform, and I worked with Dean Heller on conservation. I can bring people together to accomplish even more in these areas as others" - Cory Booker

"I decided to run for President not to attack my opponents, but to talk about important issues and to lead this country. I have the experience to lead. I want to be the President who repeals No Child Left Behind and actually encourages states to raise standards, Jeb Bush said he'd do that four years ago and he hasn't. The President is telling you that funding for K-12 education is up 15% in his administration. That's 5% per year. The Department of Education has said that they needed a 7% increase last year in order to fund the federal school lunch program fully and to help assist states with creating math and reading standards. In 2017, President Bush increased funding for housing vouchers by 2%, despite a 6% increase that was requested. He has since increased funding by 0%, a disgrace. We need new leadership, experienced leadership, and the courage to make change" - Jeanne Shaheen
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2015, 03:30:37 PM »

March 12, 2020 - McAuliffe wins Missouri, Warren wins in Colorado and Minnesota as Shaheen ends presidential bid

DENVER, CO - U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-CO) defied the polls and won Colorado's Democratic Presidential Primary, defeating Terry McAuliffe by less than 12,000 votes. As expected, Warren defeated McAuliffe and U.S. Senator Cory Booker (D-NJ) 39%-30%-22% respectively. In Missouri's Democratic Presidential Primary, McAuliffe defeated Warren 49%-30%. U.S. Senator Jeanne Shaheen of New Hampshire ended her presidential campaign.

March 19, 2020 - Warren claims victories in Delaware, Maryland, and Washington as Booker ends presidential bid

DOVER, DE - U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) won presidential primaries in Delaware, Maryland, and Washington. She defeated opponents Cory Booker and Terry McAuliffe 35%-33%-30% respectively in Delaware. In Maryland, she defeated McAuliffe 40%-39%, and in Washington, she garnered 60% of the vote. U.S. Senator Cory Booker (D-NJ) announced the end of his presidential campaign.

March 23, 2020 - President campaigns at first rally of 2020 re-election campaign in Florida

MIAMI BEACH, FL - President Jeb Bush held his first campaign rally of the 2020 campaign season in his adopted hometown of Miami Beach, FL. The President talked about the need to reform medicare and medicaid, increase research and development tax credits, and implement stricter federal spending caps while also touting what he called "an economic recovery for the books" citing the creation of 13.4 million jobs since January 2017, declining welfare rolls, a reduction in poverty, and stronger than expected wage growth over a two year period. Bush didn't address, however, his opponents claims that he didn't adequately fund education, housing vouchers, and student loan programs.

March 26, 2020 - Warren wins California Democratic Presidential Primary

SACRAMENTO, CA - U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) defeated opponent Terry McAuliffe to win California's Democratic Presidential Primary. She defeated McAuliffe 55%-44%.

March 28, 2020 - Terry McAuliffe withdrawals from presidential race

RICHMOND, VA - Former Governor of Virginia Terry McAuliffe ended his 2020 presidential bid after falling more than 300 delegates behind Elizabeth Warren. McAuliffe said he spoke with Senator Warren and agreed to endorse her in coming weeks, calling her a "fearless advocate for working Americans."

Elizabeth Warren wins Democratic Presidential Nomination

"I believe that it's time in America for all of us to enjoy in this so-called prosperity the President claims is here to stay. President Bush measures prosperity in terms of how much money the government saves, I measure prosperity by the ability of working people to get ahead. If I'm elected President of the United States, my priorities won't be to cut taxes and gut the safety net, it will be to make sure every American has the opportunity to get a quality education, have access to quality health care, be safe from gun violence in their neighborhoods, and to be paid a living wage. Four years ago, this President told the American people he wasn't afraid to invest in education. But today, the number of Americans in college are the same as it was four years ago. Teachers haven't seen their wages increase at the same pace as lawyers or doctors. The President said he'd help expand access to quality health care. Today, over 34 million Americans still lack health insurance, that's a national embarrassment. President Bush has done nothing to combat inner-city crime. Crime in Baltimore is up 25% from four years ago, in LA it's 45%, and in Camden, New Jersey it's double. President Bush isn't fighting for working families, he isn't fighting for safer neighborhoods, he is fighting for the wealthiest in our society and it's time for a President whose entire life has been dedicated to helping bring attention to the challenges working Americans face. It's time to shake things up in Washington, and winning this primary means we have taken the first steps to doing just that" - Sen. Elizabeth Warren, Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies