2016: What WILL happen
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:49:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016: What WILL happen
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: 2016: What WILL happen  (Read 19881 times)
dudeabides
Tuvalu
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2015, 08:31:07 PM »

April 2, 2024 - Booker wins North Carolina, South Dakota as Klobuchar wins Wisconsin

MADISON, WI - U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) defeated U.S. Senator Cory Booker (D-NJ) 55%-44% to win Wisconsin's Democratic Presidential Primary. Booker defeated Klobuchar 59%-40% in North Carolina and 51%-48% in South Dakota.

April 5, 2024 - Poll: Bush approval remains steady, Huntsman favored to win

Bush Approval
Approve: 62%
Disapprove: 30%

General Election

Jon Huntsman 48%
Cory Booker 42%

Jon Huntsman 47%
Amy Klobuchar 42%

April 9, 2024 - Booker wins Mississippi, Virginia Democratic Primaries

RICHMOND, VA - U.S. Senator Cory Booker (D-NJ) defeated opponent U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar in Virginia's Democratic Presidential Primary, as well as in Mississippi. Booker defeated Klobuchar 57%-42% in Virginia and 60%-39% in Mississippi.

April 15, 2024 - President Bush announces special forces to Iraq, candidates react

WASHINGTON, DC - President Jeb Bush announced that 12,000 special U.S. forces would be deployed to train Iraqis to care for their own security. The President said his goal was to "be able to not return to Iraq and have a reliable Iraqi army caring for their own security" by 2025. Republican Presidential Candidate Jon Huntsman and Democratic Presidential Candidate Amy Klobuchar applauded the President. Democratic Presidential Hopeful Cory Booker said he "didn't want a third war in Iraq." Booker said he would file an amendment in the U.S. Senate opposing the President's policy.

April 17, 2024 - With wins in Alaska, West Virginia, and Arkansas, Cory Booker secures Democratic Presidential Nomination, Amy Klobuchar concedes defeat
LITTLE ROCK, AR - U.S. Senator Cory Booker (D-NJ) secured the needed delegates to claim his party's nomination for President after scoring wins in presidential primaries in Alaska, West Virginia, and Arkansas.

Amy Klobuchar concedes defeat and endorses Cory Booker for President, Cory Booker accepts victory at Pennsylvania rally

"I stand here today ready to unite our party and our country. I want to thank Senator Klobuchar and her supporters for their formidable campaign, I appreciate her friendship and look forward to working with her in the future. My fellow Americans, there is a lot of work to do to solve our nation's problems and broaden prosperity to every corner of this great nation. Today, inequality still very much exists in our society - between the rich and the poor, men and women, gays and straights, and those living in urban communities and suburban communities. But our purpose must be to bring people together to expand health care coverage for all of our children, cut taxes on working families, raise our minimum wage, reform our criminal justice system, and get guns off of our streets. We have work to do, I have the experience of fighting for you, and you have the will to fight for change in this country" - Cory Booker, Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2015, 09:16:56 PM »

What happens to Scott Smith in Arizona?
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2015, 10:26:58 PM »

May 15, 2024 - Booker campaign announces Rice will run Vice Presidential Search Committee, possible names mentioned

NEWARK, NJ - Cory Booker's Presidential Campaign announced that Former National Security Adviser Susan Rice would run the New Jersey U.S. Senator's Vice Presidential Search committee. Potential Booker running-mates include U.S. Senator Claire McCaskill (D-MO), U.S. Senator Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND), U.S. Senator and Former Presidential Hopeful Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), U.S. Senator Kristen Gillibrand (D-NY), U.S. Senator Chris Van Hollen (D-MD), Governor John Carney (D-DE), Governor Kathleen Kane (D-PA), Former Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack (D-IA), and Chicago Mayor Valerie Jarrett (D-IL).

May 23, 2024 - Huntsman taps Sandoval to lead Vice Presidential Search Committee

SALT LAKE CITY, UT - The campaign of Presumptive Republican Presidential Nominee Jon Huntsman announced that U.S. Senator Brian Sandoval (R-NV) would lead his Vice Presidential Search Committee. Potential Huntsman running-mates are said to include Former Presidential Hopeful Governor Pam Bondi (R-FL), Former Governor Susanna Martinez (R-NM), U.S. Senator Tom Cotton (R-AR), U.S. Senator Tim Scott (R-SC), U.S. Senator Joni Ernst (R-IA), Governor Ed Gillespie (R-VA), U.S. Secretary of Commerce Brian C. Cornell (R-CA), and Former Attorney General Michael Chertoff (R-NJ).

June 10, 2024 - Huntsman taps Whitman as running-mate

CLEVELAND, OH - Presumptive Republican Presidential Nominee Jon Huntsman announced that HP CEO Meg Whitman would be his running-mate in the 2024 presidential election. Huntsman said that "Americans need experienced leadership to help this nation aim higher. We must reach for the stars and achieve all we can. Meg Whitman has the leadership qualities and ability to give the President advise, she is an honest and principles individual, and she will make a great Vice President." Whitman spent her life in business and has served as CEO of HP since 2011. Many pundits argued Whitman was picked for her experience in business, while critics argued Whitman lacks experience in government.

July 1, 2024 - Booker taps Brown as running-mate

PHILADELPHIA, PA - Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee Cory Booker announced that U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown of Ohio, Former Presidential Hopeful, would be his running-mate in the 2024 election. "Sherrod Brown has literally dedicated his entire career to public service, to fighting for working families, and to opposing trade agreements and tax policies that have sent jobs overseas" Booker said of Brown. Brown has been in politics since 1975 and was first elected as Ohio's U.S. Senator in 2006. Pundits said Brown was chosen because of his populist politics and because of his ability to carry Ohio, while opponents of the decision argued Brown was in politics for too long.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2015, 01:07:17 AM »

Very good, though the Republican ticket seems a little old to me. I would have expected Huntsman to go with someone younger.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2015, 04:32:28 AM »
« Edited: September 07, 2015, 04:34:04 AM by heatmaster »

Meg Whitman? I thought Huntsman might have gone with Biondi or perhaps Portman. The Brown choice, suggests Booker is going for old as well. Doesn't Brown face a Senate reelection campaign? I understand he was elected in 2006. I am sure that Brown can run for two federal offices simultaneously,  as Ohio like California, Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Texas and Wisconsin,  has the so - called "LBJ law" provision.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2015, 10:17:02 PM »
« Edited: September 10, 2015, 11:31:09 PM by dudeabides »

Democratic National Convention, Columbus, Ohio, August 1-4, 2024

Keynote Address by Former Presidential Hopeful U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-MN)

"For eight years, Americans have been told that we shouldn't spend money on housing for the poor, research into energy independence, or even public education - yet we should increase our defense budget at double the rate of inflation. Americans have been told that the federal government shouldn't be involved in health care, even when 500,000  American children today lack health insurance. The American farmer has been told he's on his own, women in the workforce who are pregnant have been told they can't have paid time off unless they work in a large corporation, our families have been told we won't raise the minimum wage, we need to level the playing field again and the way to do that is to elect Cory Booker as President and elect a Democratic congress. It's time to do as Bill Clinton said we should, and did, and that is to invest in our people while still balancing the budget"

Speech by U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH) accepting the Democratic Vice Presidential Nomination

"Over the last eight years, the Democratic party has stood strong not for the purpose of electoral victory, but of economic fairness and social equality. We have fought to raise the minimum wage, reduce taxes on the working poor, cover every child in America with health insurance, stand up for marriage equality, and preserve and protect a woman's right to choose. Unfortunately, President Bush and his allies have stood in our way. Cory Booker and I are committed to fighting for economic fairness and social equality. Our plan for our economy would focus more on working families and less on Wall Street. Our opponents favor more tax cuts for the very rich, less regulation of Wall Street, they oppose a minimum wage hike, they have no agenda to combat climate change. We have an agenda, both Cory Booker and I have a record of fighting for you, we are ready to reclaim the spirit of America" - Sherrod Brown

Speech by U.S. Senator Cory Booker (D-NJ) accepting Democratic Presidential Nomination

"Throughout my adult life, I have fought for the things I believed in, I've worked with people of all backrounds to get things done, and I'm proud to say I've tried to make things better for all Americans. As a Mayor, I fought to reduce crime, reduce taxes, and reduce corruption. In the U.S. Senate, I've been a leader on tough issues, on supporting our veterans, standing up for energy security, and for reforming our criminal justice system. This election is about standing up for a greater purpose, it's about leveling the playing field for all Americans, and it's about social justice. We have a gap between rich and poor, a gap between rural and urban, and a gap between black and white that needs to be unified. I have a history, a record, and a vision to make that happen. When I talk about raising the minimum wage, cutting taxes for working families, covering every child in America with health care, and investing in education and in our urban communities, these aren't just my priorities, they are the moral calling of our era. My mission is to win this election so together, our mission can be to improve the lives of all Americans"

Republican National Convention, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, August 10-14, 2024

Keynote address by President Jeb Bush

"In the last eight years, our country has seen a time of historic economic prosperity. Our economy has created 22 million new jobs, the number of Americans in poverty has fallen to it's lowest level in 45 years, income growth has risen at it's fastest rate in two generations, we've seen our credit upgraded, our nation's debt has been reduced by nearly 40%, and welfare rolls are half of what they were eight years ago. I'm proud of our record of accomplishment, we've put in place pro-growth economic policies. But make no mistake about it, more work has to be done. We have to invest in our crumbling infrastructure, we need to end our dependence on foreign sources of energy, and we need to expand trade with Latin America and Asia. Jon Huntsman is the person we need to lead this country. I understand the job of President, there are good days and there are bad days. But one thing remains constant: the commander-in-chief has to be decisive, has to care about people, and has to understand this nation and this world. Jon Huntsman has experience as Secretary of State, as an Ambassador, as a Governor, and as a businessman. He can make the tough decisions, he has proven he cares deeply about our country, and I know he will make a great President"  

Speech by Businesswoman Meg Whitman accepting Republican Vice Presidential Nomination

"During my career in business, I've had to manage budgets, make decisions about who to hire, deal with foreign governments, and deal with the consumers. Jon Huntsman and I have the experience to lead this country. Both of us have been in business, we know how to get things done. President Bush and Vice President Ayotte have presided over a time of historic economic prosperity and a restoration of American leadership globally. They've been protecting our values and our laws. But America has more to accomplish. We have to sustain this period of growth. We need to provide leadership globally. Our opponents have a very different view. They opposed the President's tax cuts, opposed reforming social security, opposed reforming our medical liability system, opposed virtually all of the President's free trade agreements, and they are now proposing $2.3 trillion in new federal spending, $500 billion in higher taxes, and government control of your health care. Our priorities are small business, American jobs, the American family, and the rule of law. They are standing up for bigger government, more bureaucracy, and less innovation"

Speech by Former Secretary of State Jon Huntsman accepting Republican Vice Presidential Nomination

"In this election, Americans are offered a choice. We can return to the policies of yesterday, the policies of the previous administration, the policies that relied on executive order as opposed to bi-partisan cooperation. Or we can move forward, aim higher, and reach for the stars. President Bush's policies have led to a historic economic recovery following the stagnation we experienced when the other party was in power. Our world may not be more stable, but America certainly is safer because of the President's policies. Our job is to now take this moment of great prosperity and security and do more. I call on all Americans to join me to broaden prosperity and make this world a better place. Join me, and together we will move to a flat tax with lower rates and a broader base, expand free trade with Latin America and Asia, end our dependence on foreign energy by embracing alternatives, and cut red tape in government, especially for technological start-ups. We'll find cures to diseases, reduce our nation's debt with new spending caps, and we will lead the world in innovation once again. As a businessman, a diplomat, and as Governor of Utah, I never took no for an answer. If we work together, put aside our differences, and set big goals, we can create a renaissance in America again, and the world will be better for it"
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2015, 12:14:24 AM »

August 20, 2024 - Poll: Huntsman leads, Bush remains popular, swing states closer than 2020

Bush Approval
Approve: 60%
Disapprove: 32%

National Election
Jon Huntsman  47%
Cory Booker 43%

Ohio
Jon Huntsman 49%
Cory Booker 41%

Pennsylvania
Cory Booker 47%
Jon Huntsman 45%

Florida
Jon Huntsman 50%
Cory Booker 40%

Colorado
Jon Huntsman 48%
Cory Booker 43%

New Hampshire
Cory Booker 45%
Jon Huntsman 44%

September 2, 2024 - President joins Jon Huntsman on three-day campaign tour

CLEVELAND, OH - In an unprecedented move for an incumbent President, President Jeb Bush joined Republican Presidential Nominee Jon Huntsman in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania on the campaign trail. The President won all three states in his 2020 re-election campaign. "I'm traveling with Jon Huntsman because I know that he is qualified to be President of the United States. He wants to continue the extraordinary prosperity we've seen in these last eight years" the President told large crowds. "The last eight years have been a true success story as our economy has created jobs and more people have seen rising incomes, but our work is far from over, and we must broaden prosperity" Jon Huntsman stated.

September 7, 2024 - Booker: I'm not looking to reverse all of Bush's policies, I'm looking to enact new policies

LAS VEGAS, NV - Democratic Presidential Nominee Cory Booker told a Nevada audience that his goal as President of the United States was to enact new policy, not reverse all of President Bush's policies. "When it comes to ending clean energy tax credits and repealing Obamacare, yes, I will reverse this President's policies. But I'm not looking to undo everything he has done - I'm not going to reverse his policies on immigration, a balanced budget, or tax relief for working families" Booker said. Booker added that, "Be it raising the minimum wage, strengthening background checks, supporting funding for housing vouchers, or providing health insurance to every child in America, I am looking to enact new policies."

October 1, 2024 - Huntsman, Booker debate domestic issues in Boston, MA

"I am very proud of my record in Utah where I fought for significant tax reform and tax cuts, restrained state spending, reduced regulations more than most other Governors, and enacted our state's largest ever school voucher program. Utah was a leader in job growth during my tenure. What this nation needs today is a leader who will preserve the policies of the Bush administration, which have created over 22 million new jobs, but who will challenge this nation to aim higher. I ask all Americans to join with me to create a new flat tax system that will lower tax rates and broaden our tax base even more, I'm asking you to join me in cutting red tape especially for technological start-ups, I'm asking that you join me to support free trade, especially with Latin America and Asia. Together, we'll do these things and invest in our infrastructure, support energy alternatives, and still balance the budget and reduce debt, it can be done and with the right leadership, it will be" - Jon Huntsman

"This country deserves a President who recognizes that today in America, there is a gap between rich and poor, rural and urban, black and white, and we need a President who will do those things to bridge that gap. That means investing in education, health care, and helping the poor be lifted out of poverty. I'm happy the President has worked with both parties on legislation, and in many areas we are better off today than we were when he took office. But the question is, is this new found prosperity reaching all Americans? I believe we have to support health care reform that allows people to buy into exchanges with partial subsidies, and we need to provide health care for every child in America. We need to support universal background checks and more police on our streets to reduce crime and drug use in our communities. We have to raise our minimum wage and invest in K-12 education again to help working families and ensure our kids are getting the best education. We have to level the playing field and fight for social justice" - Cory Booker

"I want to level with the American people on energy independence. I disagreed with the President's decision to eliminate tax credits for energy alternatives, I'd restore those tax credits. But I'd cap them because yes, they became excessive. We have to especially support natural gas, nuclear power, bio-fuels, and wind energy. We have to care for our earth as well as ending our dependence on foreign energy. I also know that since the President has taken office, our dependence on foreign energy has been reduced by nearly half - my goal is to be energy independent by the year 2032. My opponent and I do have a difference on this issue. Senator Booker supported $100 billion in energy tax credits, I want to cap it at $30 billion - this would allow us to reduce our use of foreign sources of energy by 90% by 2029 according to a report in the Wall Street Journal last week. We can become energy independent, we are headed in the right direction, and I look forward to the opportunity to leading us there" - Jon Huntsman

"For decades now, my opponent has supported free trade agreements that have shipped many jobs overseas. In theory, I am not opposed to free trade, but what I have seen in the last several years is trade agreements that have not had provisions to protect American workers or anything dealing with serious environmental standards, and we've lost over 700,000 jobs to overseas companies in the last decade because of this administration's trade policies, supported by Secretary Huntsman consistently. I have voted for at least five different free trade agreements, but I've also voted no on at least seven because they didn't provide adequate checks and balances. In fact, the reason the U.S. doesn't have a free trade agreement with Thailand today is because when the Republicans proposed it, they had no environmental standards involved, and I'm proud to have stopped that agreement, my opponent told Congress it was disastrous to do so" - Cory Booker

"I believe this election, fundamentally, is about three things. First, it's about experience. Senator Booker is a good man, but he's also a career politician. He's been a city councilman, a Mayor, and a U.S. Senator for the last 26 years. I have a very different set of experiences. I've been in business, I served as Governor of Utah for four years, I have been an ambassador, and I served for six years as Secretary of State under one of the great President's in our nation's history. I have only been in politics for four years. Secondly, this election is which one of us will continue to grow our economy and aim higher for our country. I have a plan to create a flat tax code, end our dependence on foreign energy, support free trade while strengthening our alliances, and support the development of technology and cures to diseases while reducing our nation's debt. My opponent has proposed a $500 billion tax increase, $2.3 trillion in new spending, and an economic vision the Wall Street Journal and Boston Globe agree with reduce growth by 15%. Finally, this election is about who will help America lead the world. My agenda is clear - we will promote democracy without being the world's police, we will trade with other countries and encourage development, and we will increase the number of special forces and support our capacity to gather intelligence. If I'm elected President, we will continue to grow our economy and lead the world for the coming years" - Jon Huntsman

"This election is about which one of us will fight for leveling the playing field in this economy and who will fight for social justice. I support raising the minimum wage, providing health care to every child in America, adding more police to our streets, universal background checks, and investing in housing vouchers for the poor, as well as in K-12 education. We can do all of this, keep taxes low on working families, and balance the budget. I have proposed $500 billion in revenue from the top 10% of Americans, and my plans include about $350 billion in new spending. The Republicans and my opponent have mischaracterized my agenda for this country. They call me a liberal, well I'm concerned about results, not ideology. My opponent opposes a woman's right to choose, opposes new gun control laws, and opposed same-sex marriage before the polls showed he was in the minority. I have consistently stood firm in my unapologetic support for the pro-choice position, marriage equality, and enhanced public safety. I think we have come to a time in America where we can't become complacent with a status-quo that no doubt has some positive attributes, but the underlying issues of a lack of complete social justice and income inequality continue to plaque our country. It's time we put aside our differences and fight for change" - Cory Booker 
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2015, 11:56:33 PM »

October 8, 2024 - Whitman, Brown participate in Vice Presidential Debate in Lansing, MI

"The choice in this election is between two very different sets of experiences and visions for America. Jon Huntsman spent four years in elected office, he's only run in one election. The rest of his life was spent in the private sector or in service to our country as a diplomat. I've only run for office once, my entire career was in the private sector. Jon Huntsman and I deal with budgets, we deal with real people, we deal with real situations. We believe this country has to set great goals and do everything we can to reach them. Our opponents are career politicians who have become comfortable with the ways of Washington, we believe Americans deserve proven leadership. Our opponents are proposing that we restore the policies of the past, we believe Americans are innovative and ready to rise to the challenge of expanding economic growth and opportunity for all" - Meg Whitman

"Senator Booker and I recognize, despite what our opponents say, that for some, this economy is robust. No one is denying this administration has had some success. We are saying, however, that the level field needs to be balanced. President Bush and Secretary Huntsman like to point to new trade agreements as political talking points, but free trade doesn't always mean fair trade and good paying jobs. The folks here in Michigan and in my home state of Ohio have been told for the last 35 years that if we allow free trade, tax cuts for the rich, and runaway excesses on Wall Street to continue, everything will be just fine. We have to restore the American dream by investing in our communities again. President Bush and Congress have actually slashed funding for economic development by $30 billion, they've eliminated tax incentives to bring jobs to impoverished areas, and they have opposed efforts by myself and Senator Booker to invest in education, it's time for new leadership, not just talking points" - Sherrod Brown

"Secretary Huntsman, working on directives from the President, helped lead the effort to expand free trade into Latin America because he knows that the best way to spread peace and economic freedom is through free markets and ensuring that people recognize that it is within all of us to improve our own conditions. But make no mistake about it, Jon Huntsman has made tough decisions. Fighting to bring back sanctions against a rouge Iran and opposing efforts to support Palestinian statehood recognition took guts and strength, these were also the right decisions for our security" - Meg Whitman

"Cory Booker has been involved in every major foreign policy decision this country has faced in the last decade. Senator Booker has been a leader to stop the genocide in Darfur and has consistently sponsored legislation to continue the bi-partisan President's AIDS initiative to bring vaccines to countless people in Africa. Senator Booker also voted to re-authorize the Patriot Act, as I did, and we both supported President Bush's commitment to expanding human intelligence gathering. But the fact is, we objected to Secretary Huntsman and the President getting us out of a negotiation with Iran for political gain and we oppose committing more Americans to fight a war for Iraq, it's a mistake and we will stand strong for our interests" - Sherrod Brown

October 15, 2024 - Huntsman, Booker debate foreign policy issues in St. Louis, MO

"I'm proud of my service as ambassador, and the honor of my life was serving as Secretary of State under one of America's greatest Presidents. We expanded economic development into Latin America, we strengthed our alliances with Israel, Poland, Japan, and South Vietnam, we stood with Israel against palestianian statehood, we stood up to Iran by replacing a raw deal with meaningful sanctions that have done more, and we stood up for human rights in Cuba, a place where they didn't exist for decades. What this nation needs is not to police the world, it's to have a President who will protect this nation and work with our allies to make sure this world is safer and more prosperous. I'm ready to lead that effort, because I've already done it" - Jon Huntsman

"I voted to confirm Secretary Huntsman as our Secretary of State. I believe that he succeeded in some areas, but had some shortcomings. I think the major difference between us is on Iraq. Secretary Huntsman believes we should commit thousands of special forces to go to Iraq, that would mean more boots on the ground. I disagree, I think it's time for America to rebuild America and make sure we are safe, the situation in Iraq is best resolved by NATO and the United Nations. We must care for our own interests and there are alternative means to end terror in Iraq. The same goes for Syria. Another difference we have is that Secretary Huntsman supports $200 billion between now and 2035 being spent on our military in addition to what would be spent had we not adopted the President's military reform proposal in 2019. I believe our defense spending should grow at inflation plus 1%, not inflation plus 2.5%" - Cory Booker

October 27, 2024 - Huntsman, Booker make final cases during Raleign, NC Debate

"My fellow Americans, I'm asking you to join me to ensure that the economic prosperity of the last eight years not only continues, but that is broadens to every corner of this country. Working together, we can finish the job of ending our dependence on foreign sources of energy, finding cures to diseases, investing in improving our roads and bridges, and expanding trade and economic development to Latin America and Asia so we can compete in a global economy. I also believe it is important that once and for all, we have a tax code with lower rates and a broader base, we need to move towards a flat tax code. To achieve all of these things, we need to put aside our differences and work together. In business, as an ambassador, as Governor of Utah, and as Secretary of State, I set goals, worked with everyone, and tried my best. I know that this country is ready to do great things, we will lead the world again. President Bush has restored our economy, I want to succeed him so we can have high standards for all that we do. I'm humbly asking for your vote so we can finish the job of reforming government" - Jon Huntsman

"The American people are ready for new leadership. Americans deserve a President who will be an independent voice and leader for economic fairness and social justice. Be it fighting to raise the minimum wage, for criminal justice reform, for marriage equality, for VA reform, or to restore the health care reform of the previous administration that's been gutted, I want to be able to say in eight years from now that we invested in America while still meeting our obligations in terms of balancing the federal budget and reducing our nation's debt. Secretary Huntsman and I have some disagreements, but I believe more united us than divides us as Americans. I've been an inclusive leader my entire adult life, and I believe my experience dealing with the issues our country now faces prepares me to be President of the United States. Our country needs to recognize that while we have made some progress in restoring this economy, there remains a gap between rich and poor, black and white, and urban and rural. I believe I'm in the best position to close that gap and to help us achieve anything we put our minds to, and that's why I'm humbly asking for your support" - Cory Booker
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2015, 02:12:20 AM »

November 2, 2024 - Huntsman elected President by comfortable margin

Jon Huntsman / Meg Whitman (R) 53% 293 EV
Cory Booker / Sherrod Brown (D) 46% 245 EV

January 20, 2025 - The Jon Huntsman Cabinent

Vice President: Meg Whitman
Secretary of State: Kelly Ayotte
U.N. Ambassador: Carlos Pascual
Secretary of Defense: Michael Chertoff
Secretary of Homeland Security: Tom Cotton 
Secretary of Commerce: Ginni Rometty
Secretary of Treasury: Paul Ryan
Director, Office of Budget & Management: Marco Rubio
Secretary of Health & Human Services: Barbara Murphy
Secretary of Education: Bret Schundler
Attorney General: Pam Bondi
U.S. Trade Representative: Gregory Lee
Secretary of Agriculture: Julie Anna Potts
Secretary of Labor: W. Craig Jelinek
Secretary of Energy: Tim Scott
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2015, 09:02:44 AM »

Hey Dudeabides,  brilliant piece. But a critique. You have the dates of election day 2020 & 2024 wrong, it should be November 3 2020 & November 5 2024. You have November 2 for 2024, if election day has been moved to Saturday then, that's fine. But there has been no mention in the thread of changes. Also as Sherrod Brown was elected in 2006, he was due up for reelection in 2024, as far as I know, Ohio has a "LBJ law" provision which allows candidates for federal office, to seek two offices at once. Paul Ryan, Joe Biden, Joe Limberman,  Lloyd Bentsen and of course LBJ took advantage of such a law in there respective states. Just a bit of useless info for the political scientists amongst us😉
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2015, 02:39:51 PM »

Interesting! The fact that the Electoral College remained close while the popular vote was a small landslide shows that Republicans must be making huge inroads in Democratic bastions - maybe California goes Republican in 2028??
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2015, 03:43:09 PM »

2024 reminds me of '88 in some ways, except only that say one of GHWB's challengers had won. I think the economy will slump midway through Huntsmans term and he will lose to a more charismatic and moderate Dem nominee. Or even a 3 way.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2015, 06:46:27 AM »

I guess this thread has finished and doesn't go any further. It was nice while it lasted,  thought the story was continuing for the remainder of the decade. Good one dudeabides😊
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies