2016: What WILL happen
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:13:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016: What WILL happen
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: 2016: What WILL happen  (Read 19885 times)
dudeabides
Tuvalu
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2015, 08:18:35 PM »

April 18, 2020 - Poll: Bush leads by double digits nationally, in most swing states

National
Jeb Bush 48%
Elizabeth Warren 36%

Florida
Jeb Bush 60%
Elizabeth Warren 27%

Ohio
Jeb Bush 54%
Elizabeth Warren 40%

Colorado
Jeb Bush 49%
Elizabeth Warren 42%

New Hampshire
Jeb Bush 47%
Elizabeth Warren 45%

Pennsylvania
Jeb Bush 48%
Elizabeth Warren 44%

May 15, 2020 - Warren puts forth domestic, foreign policy agenda during Pennsylvania speech

PITTSBURGH, PA - Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee Elizabeth Warren put forth her presidential agenda during a speech in Pennsylvania. Warren called for a $12 minimum wage, universal health care, universal Pre-K, public financing of elections, rolling back President Bush's tax cuts for those earning above $150,000 per year, and she called for reducing the number of overseas military bases. Warren also said she would increase funding for housing vouchers, double pell grants for college, and fight to pass the Dream Act.

June 20, 2020 - President Bush talks second term agenda, touts first term accomplishments

MANCHESTER, NH - President Jeb Bush discussed his second term agenda during a speech in New Hampshire. Bush touted his first term accomplishments, citing the first balanced budget in 21 years in 2020, the creation of 14.4 million jobs, the largest increase in wages in fifteen years between 2019-2020, $3.5 trillion in debt reduction, and a reduction in poverty. The President said his top priorities in a second term would be to implement a 1% cap on federal spending annually except for the military, reduce the national debt from $14.5 trillion to $9 trillion, block-grant medicaid and offer a voucher option in medicare, spend $10 billion on infrastructure projects, and increase R&D tax credits by $30 billion with a focus on health care. Bush also pledged to "de-regulate the energy sector."

July 10, 2020 - Warren picks McAuliffe as running-mate

IOWA CITY, IA - Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee Elizabeth Warren selected Former Governor of Virginia and Former Presidential Candidate Terry McAuliffe as her running-mate in the 2020 election. Warren said that "Terry McAuliffe has experience and has dedicated his life to fighting for the Democratic Party and the values of working class Americans." Analysts say McAuliffe was chosen for his executive experience and appeal to independent voters. He's also from the swing state of Virginia. However, critics argue McAuliffe hurts Warren's image of being anti-establishment and that McAuliffe.

Democratic National Convention, Las Vegas, Nevada August 1-4, 2020

Keynote Address by U.S. Senator Kristen Gillibrand (D-NY)
"In this election, the American people have a clear choice. I am pleased that on issues like immigration and education reform, President Bush has been willing to work with me and other Democrats. Unfortunately, Republicans in congress have expressed disappointment with him doing so. Republicans in Congress have proposed gutting medicare, reducing funding for medicaid, giving more tax breaks for the very rich, and eliminating the EPA. If the President wins re-election, and Republicans continue to control congress, there is a chance that could happen. Our party can offer Americans a brighter future where more people have a good education, our streets are safer, our veterans are better cared for, and where everyone has the opportunity to make a living wage. We don't seek a partisan victory this fall. I've worked with the President and with some Republicans, Elizabeth Warren has as well. What we seek is protecting the middle class and working families from the tea party caucus and from special interests that exploit working Americans for their own profit"

Speech by Former Governor Terry McAuliffe (D-VA) accepting Democratic Vice Presidential Nomination

"My fellow citizens, Elizabeth Warren and I seek the highest offices in the land because we believe that prosperity must be shared amongst all Americans, not just those who happen to be lobbyists, stockbrokers, and corporate CEOs. Right now, 37 million Americans don't have health insurance, more than 3.1 million Americans are homeless, drug use has risen 15% since 2017, and the number of kids going to college has fallen flat under this President. Elizabeth Warren and I have a plan and a vision to help broaden prosperity for all those who have been left behind. Our vision starts with changing the culture of Washington D.C. by stopping corporations from continuing to dictate who wins elections. It continues with restoring a sense of economic fairness by raising the minimum wage, providing health care to those who lack it, and asking the wealthy to pay just a little more in taxes so we don't balance the budget on the backs of working Americans. Our plan continues with a national policy to address the education crisis in America, we'll double pell grants and invest in universal Pre-K. It continues with adding 40,000 police to our streets by 2023. This vision will help lift our people up and help move our country forward" - Terry McAuliffe

Speech by U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) accepting the Democratic Presidential Nomination

"For decades now, politicians in both parties have failed to deliver for ordinary Americans because they have been fighting for their donors and special interests. In this election, the Democratic Party has chosen to move away from the mistakes of the past. What we are trying to accomplish, what we will do when I'm President, and what we should always strive for is economic fairness, a safety net that protects our most vulnerable, a foreign policy consistent with our values, social policies that don't discriminate, and it means ending the special interest and corporate hold on our political process. I am honored and humbled to have won the votes of millions of Democratic voters and to be standing here as your nominee. Tonight, I call on independents and Republicans to join our cause. In 2018, outside groups spent $300 billion on campaign contributions. In this election so far, they've spent $190 billion. At the presidential level, 98% of that money has gone to the President, more than any President in U.S. history. So, I ask all of you - do you want a country and a government that works for you like it always has, or do you want lobbyists and the folks on Wall Street controlling your government. I believe that America should once again be a beacon of hope and opportunity, the President promised that four years ago and yet, so many problems go unnoticed and unsolved. It's time for us to solve problems all Americans, especially the most vulnerable, face" - Elizabeth Warren
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2015, 12:08:38 AM »

Republican National Convention, Miami Beach, FL, August 7-10, 2020

Keynote Address by Congresswoman Mia Love (R-UT)

"Never in our lives have we seen an election where the choice is more clear. Thanks to President Bush's leadership and initiative, we have seen a great American comeback in these four years. We have implemented the largest tax cut in a generation, added 15.5 million new jobs, reduced the national debt by 19% thanks to a new line-item veto and balanced the federal budget, we've reduced welfare rolls by 25%, millions of people have been lifted out of poverty, wages have grown for the first time in a generation,  and our military has more funding than at anytime in history for human intelligence capabilities. Our opponents have a very different view. Senator Elizabeth Warren has voted to increase taxes 47 times totaling $2 trillion, she's supported $5 trillion in new federal spending, she broke with a bi-partisan coalition of senators to oppose the President's social security reform plan that has saved taxpayers $1.7 trillion over a decade, she voted against repealing Dodd-Frank which has helped small businesses grow and expand, and she led the fight against investing $12 billion for our military to increase pay for the bottom 5% of the pay scale while funding new technologies.

Vice President Kelly Ayotte accepts Republican Vice Presidential Nomination

"Over the last four years, President Bush and I have done our best to bring people together, solve problems, and change the culture in Washington D.C. and the dialogue in our country. The American people proved yet again that what unites us is much greater than what divides us. Be it historic tax reform, saving social security, immigration reform, a balanced budget amendment, investing in our military, we have shown that when we work together, when we have a strong and effective reformer as President, and when we solve problems Americans are better off for it. By virtually all measurements, our economy is seeing it's strongest growth in more than a generation. More Americans are working today than they were four years ago, and fewer Americans are dependent on the government today than they were four years ago. Our opponents believe that we have concentrated wealth at the top. The truth is, in every income bracket, income has grown. The fact is, those earning between $40,000 and $80,000 have seen double the level of growth as those earning more than $1 million. Senator Warren has to level with the American people. She has an ideological agenda, we have a reform agenda. She has fear, we have hope. She has rhetoric, we have facts. She has cast votes, we have led" - Kelly Ayotte

President Jeb Bush accepts Republican Presidential Nomination

"My fellow Americans, four years ago, with stagnant economic growth and lack of American leadership in the world, people were scared and pessimistic about the future. We have implemented policies intended to limit government, grow the economy, help those who need it, and protect the homeland. Today, hope is alive and well in America. You see, I still believe what I know you all believe, that this nation of ours does best when we are energetic, dynamic, and confident. I'm proud to say that today, we are in a better position from an economic standpoint and a foreign policy standpoint than we were four years ago. My first term has been dedicated to restoring economic growth, American leadership, and hope for all of our citizens. My hope is that in this era of promise, we can continue to put aside our differences as Republicans and Democrats to work together to continue on the path we are on, but to also meet the challenges of our time. A second term affords me the opportunity to fight to reform medicare and medicaid, support research and development, fight to rebuild our crumbling infrastructure, end our dependence on foreign sources of energy, and we will reduce our national debt by an additional $5.5 trillion over the next six years. My opponent and I have both put forward detailed plans of what the next four years would look like. My opponent's plan calls for $800 billion in new taxes, $3 trillion in new spending, $80 billion per year in regulations, and Washington D.C. gaining more power after we've made it have less. I promise you this, I won't allow that to happen. We must work together to ensure that government is there to help the vulnerable, but that government is always limited and as cost effective as possible. We must continue to support free markets, individual liberty, and a strong national defense. We must continue to protect our values, support each other, and make sure that America remains what it always has been - a place of great promise and unlimited opportunity" - Jeb Bush

August 18, 2020 - Key Democrats back Bush in re-election bid

COLUMBUS, OH - U.S. Senator Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND), Martin Heinrich (D-NM), and Governor Maggie Hassan (D-NH) endorsed Republican President Jeb Bush for re-election over Democratic Nominee Elizabeth Warren. The trio cited Bush's implementation of immigration reform, tax reform, and reforms to the VA hospital system as reasons for the endorsement.

September 15, 2020 - With polls showing Bush leading, Bush campaign begins going into Democratic states as Warren continues to complete in swing states

RICHMOND, VA - With polling showing President Bush leading Democratic Opponent Elizabeth Warren nationally and in swing state polls, the Bush campaign began sending resources into some Democratic states. The President's campaign believes, based on polling, they hit their ceiling in Florida, Ohio, and Colorado. In all three states, they have substantial leads of 8 percent or more. In Virginia and Nevada, the President leads Mrs. Warren by 5 percent. The Bush campaign has begun to have the President campaign in Maine, Wisconsin, New Jersey, and Michigan - all states considered to be reliably Democratic. For her part, Senator Elizabeth Warren has focused in on Virginia, Nevada, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.

September 27, 2020 - Despite lagging behind in polls, Warren gets large crowds in Nevada, New Hampshire

LAS VEGAS, NV - Democratic Presidential Nominee Elizabeth Warren trails President Bush 49%-35% in polling, yet she has had large crowds at events in Nevada, where she trails Bush 48%-43%, and in New Hampshire, where she trails Bush 50%-39%. At one stop in Nevada, she had 20,000 people show up and in a small town in New Hampshire, she had 4,000.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2015, 01:34:58 PM »

Surprised that 16% of voters are still undecided. Must show that there is a lot of voter discontent with the two choices.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2015, 11:02:21 PM »

October 2, 2020 - Bush, Warren debate in Columbus, Ohio

“Over the last four years, working with members of both parties and the American people, our country has seen an extraordinary turnaround which has generated 15.7 million new jobs, rising wages for the first time in a generation, the lowest poverty level in 25 years, $3.5 trillion in debt reduction, and this year we have the first balanced budget in more than two decades. Working together and putting aside our differences, we have been able to implement policies which have fostered great prosperity. Yet, our work is far from done. We must end our dependence on foreign sources of energy, reform medicare and medicaid to keep those programs for future generations, we have to invest in fixing our broken infrastructure, and we have to support research and development to find cures to diseases” - President Bush

“The President likes to tout the number of jobs created and how wages have increased, but that doesn’t show the entire picture. Mr. President, 150,000 Americans who should have housing vouchers don’t have it because of flat HUD funding. Dozens of green companies have hit hard times as the oil companies continue to see record profits because you raised taxes on alternative energy. The number of minimum wage workers has increased by 8% since 2017 and yet, you refuse to support a living wage for those who work in restaurants, at grocery stores, or in small businesses across America. Part of this could be related to the fact that under President Bush, members of congress have received more money from outside groups than at any time in our history. In this campaign, I have called for greater transparency in government, public financing of all federal elections, and I’m the candidate in this race who wants to invest in education, healthcare, and those things to help restore a sense of fairness in our society” - Senator Warren

“Senator Warren and I have very different records, we come from very different places, and our visions for the future are very different. While I have worked with congress on a bi-partisian basis to cut taxes, balance the budget, reform the VA, reform social security, and reform our broken immigration system, Senator Warren was leading the fight against our efforts. In fact, Senator Warren has voted for $5 trillion in new spending, she’s voted to increase taxes 47 times, she has voted against expanding healthcare access for our veterans, she opposed my budgets which have increased funding for K-12 education by $15 billion since I took office, and she opposed a presidential line-item veto, a balanced budget amendment, and she voted to keep the health care law that created new mandates and raised taxes. She’s been a U.S. Senator, I’ve led the country in a more hopeful direction these last four years” - President Bush

“The underlying challenge of our time is that our political system is rigged by lobbyists and big money. I think it’s time we have public financing of all elections at the federal level, we should have more transparency not only with candidates, but also PACs and other outside groups, and I believe that members of congress should be banned from lobbying not for 6 years as the President has supported in the past, but for 15 years. I also believe that there should be far harsher penalties for members of congress who illegally accept gifts from lobbyists. If we don’t fix the influx of money in our political system, we won’t be able to elect people who are going to Washington to serve us and not their campaign contributors. Additionally, the reason the President and his allies oppose raising the minimum wage and rolling back tax cuts for the rich is because their campaigns are funded by special interests who oppose those ideas” - Senator Warren

October 9, 2020 - McAuliffe, Ayotte participate in Vice Presidential debate in Pittsburg, PA

“The President and I have brought the two political parties together and have fought for sound economic policies that have produced the strongest economy we’ve seen literally in decades. We’ve reduced taxes, reduced rules and regulations, repealed the health care law that created a part-time economy, we’ve worked to reform our immigration system, and we’ve deregulated the energy sector. Our opponents want to go back to the days when we were growing at 2%, not 4%, the days when we had record poverty, stagnant wages, and where the majority of the new jobs were part-time. Their economic plan, according to the Wall Street Journal, would reduce the growth rate in half, increase federal spending by 20%, and increase our national debt by $4 trillion by 2031. Americans deserve prosperity, not bigger government” - Kelly Ayotte

“Throughout this entire campaign, the President and the Vice President have told the American people that everything is just fine. The fact is, Senator Warren and I are fighting for the people who have been left behind under this administration. Today, there are 38 million Americans who don’t have health insurance, 2.8 million people have lost their health care since the President repealed health insurance reform. 150,000 Americans don’t have housing because this administration has failed to expand housing vouchers for our homeless, including 42,000 homeless veterans. For folks earning a minimum wage, the administration has opposed a higher living wage. What Senator Warren and I have argued for is finding ways to combat income inequality. We are talking about expanding healthcare access, raising the minimum wage, increasing college tuition assistance programs, and combating drug use and homelessness in our communities” - Terry McAuliffe

October 15, 2020 - President Bush, Senator Warren hold foreign policy debate in Richmond, VA

“Over the last four years, we’ve begun the process of rebuilding our military. We’ve increased funding for human intelligence operations by $50 billion, we have increased the size of our military by 6,000 and we’ll continue to grow it by 2,000 a year. We’ve also gotten the U.S. out of the disastrous agreement we’ve had with Iran and today, the Iranian’s nuclear program is virtually frozen. We’ve seen a 15% increase in trade with Latin America, jobs directly related to exports have increased and our trade deficits are half of what they were just six years ago. But let’s make no mistake about it, this is still a dangerous world. I’ve done my best to be decisive and we have done everything possible to protect our homeland” - Jeb Bush

“I don’t believe that because we are spending more money on our military and because we have given up on diplomacy means we are safer Mr. President. The budget I voted for last year increased defense spending equal to the rate of inflation, you said it wasn’t enough. I believe the U.S. should always protect our vital national security interests, that’s why I have said we need to have some sense of purpose in Iraq where you promised to help bring stability in the last campaign. I believe the big failure of your administration has been the failure to rebuild the Iraqi military and to support Iraqis who are aligned with us. My foreign policy will make that a tough priority, not breaking down negotiations with Iran and Cuba” - Elizabeth Warren

October 27, 2020 - Bush, Warren make closing arguments in final presidential debate

“Four years ago, our country was experiencing an era of great uncertainty. Today, our economy is creating jobs at a faster rate than at anytime in over two decades, incomes are rising, the middle class is growing, our budget is balanced for the first time in more than a generation, and people are more confident in our future as a country. The policies of these four years have worked to restore our economy. But, our work is not yet done. We’ve done the hard things, we’ve put aside our differences and worked together to reduce taxes and reform the tax code, reduce regulations, reform our immigration system, save social security, reform our healthcare system to lower costs, and we have finally restrained spending. Now it’s time for us to work together to save medicare and medicaid, end our dependence on foreign sources of energy, rebuild our roads, and support research and development again. My fellow citizens, you and I have done a lot since 2017, and I’m asking for your vote so that together, we can move forward with hope and confidence” - Jeb Bush

“The choice in this election is quite clear. The President and I each have our priorities. The President has opposed raising the minimum wage, opposed legislation I sponsored expanding paid family and medical leave, and he’s rejected calls by members of both parties to increase funding for college pell grants. The President is fighting for the special interests, I’m fighting for you. I’m fighting to reverse this President’s tax cuts so we no longer balance the budget on the backs of the most vulnerable, I’m fighting for public financing of all elections to change our political system, I’m fighting for the first minimum wage hike in nearly a generation, and I’m fighting to make healthcare accessible for every American. If the President is re-elected, he will begin fighting for big oil and the big polluters. He’ll argue to privatize medicare and medicaid, that benefits Wall Street but not seniors. I have a very different view. I believe in a sense of economic fairness and economic security, that sense of security has been being lost for three decades and it’s time for a champion of everyday Americans to serve as President of the United States, and I ask for your vote to make that happen” - Elizabeth Warren

November 8, 2020 - President Bush sweeps with national mandate
Jeb Bush / Kelly Ayotte (R) 58% 395 EV
Elizabeth Warren / Terry McAuliffe (D) 41% 143 EV
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2015, 02:05:59 AM »

Shouldn't that be November 3 2020?
bobloblaw
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2015, 09:42:36 PM »

Jeb will have to have a Tea Party running mate. Looks like Hilldawg will win. I'd still rather have Jeb but Hillary will win in a rl scenario like this.

Hillary will win but the popular vote will be closer than 2012. Possibly Hillary doesnt break 50%. GOP loses 4-6 Senate seats and 10 House Seats. 2018 makes 2014 look like a picnic. Hillary doesnt have the support Obama does. She'll fall into the 30s by end of 2017.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2015, 12:03:04 AM »

It's based off what I think will happen, but not exact. Very perceptive though, impressive!

Key events of the Jeb Bush Administration, January 20, 2021 - January 1, 2023
- February 5, 2021 - President Bush signs into law the Medicare Choice Act of 2021, allowing seniors to choose private health insurance plans with a federal government voucher. The CBO estimated that if 33% of the senior population signed up for private insurance, it would save medicare $75 billion annually.
- May 5, 2021 - President Bush signs into law the Infrastructure and Gas Tax Reform Act, which phases out the federal gas tax by 2024 and gives states the ability to raise their own gasoline taxes without effecting consumers with higher gasoline prices. The plan also invests $20 billion towards infrastructure improvements on interstate highways prior to the gas tax being given to states in full.
- June 19, 2021 - President Bush signs into law the HUD Reform Act, block-granting HUD funding to the states and phasing out HUD by the year 2030. The federal government will save $500 billion by 2030, and $800 billion between 2030-2040.
- October 1, 2021 - President Bush signs into law a $2.5 billion bill that increases research and development grants, and increases funding for the National Institutes of Health by $1.2 billion.
- January 25, 2022 - President Bush vetoes legislation the Republican Congress sent him supporting tax credits for oil & natural gas
- March 15, 2022 - President Bush signs into law the Domestic Energy Act of 2022, which gave full power to states the permitting process for exploration of oil and natural gasoline
- June 25, 2022 - President Bush signs into law bi-partisan legislation increasing federal funding for special needs classrooms in public schools by $12 billion, primarily in the poorest 2% of zip codes in the U.S.
- August 17, 2022 - President Bush announces that NASA will be privatized by the year 2027 under legislation congress passed
- October 1, 2022 - President Bush signs into law a block-grant of medicaid, saving the federal government $1 trillion by the year 2034.
- December 15, 2022 - President Bush signs into law legislation banning members of congress from lobbying for a three year period. The President had called for a six year ban on lobbying several times, but faced resistance primarily from his own party. Several lobbying firms announced they would challenge the law in federal court

January 5, 2023 - Klobuchar announces Presidential Bid

IOWA CITY, IA - U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar announced she would seek the Democratic Presidential Nomination in the 2024 election. Klobuchar said that environmental protection, marriage equality, and reducing drug use would be her top priorities if elected President. Klobuchar has served in the U.S. Senate since 2007.

January 17, 2023 - Pam Bondi to seek GOP Presidential Nomination

MIAMI BEACH, FL - Governor of Florida Pam Bondi declared her intention to run for President in 2024. Running as a conservative, Bondi pledged to pass into law a constitutional human life amendment, a 15% flat tax, elimination of the Department of Education, and a repeal of immigration reform in favor of "stronger enforcement." Bondi served as Florida's Attorney General from 2011-2019 and has served as Governor of Florida since 2019.

February 12, 2023 - Cuomo running for President

MANCHESTER, NH - Former Governor of New York Andrew Cuomo announced days after leaving office he would seek the 2024 Democratic Presidential Nomination. Cuomo promised he'd fight to raise the minimum wage, eliminate the employee portion of the payroll tax, increase funding for K-12 Education, and increase the number of police in urban communities if elected President. Cuomo served as HUD Secretary from 1997-2001, as New York's Attorney General from 2007-2011, and as Governor of New York from 2011-2023.

March 15, 2023 - Baker running for President

BOSTON, MA - Former Governor of Massachusetts Charlie Baker became the second Republican to announce a run for President. Baker said he would seek to continue the Bush administration's policies on free trade, but that he would also "be more aggressive on energy independence" while also enacting litigation reform across the board, not just in health care. A businessman, Baker served as Governor of Massachusetts from 2015-2023.  

March 23, 2023 - Patrick running for President

BOSTON, MA - Former Governor Deval Patrick (D-MA) declared his intention to seek the Democratic Presidential Nomination. Patrick said he'd run on a platform of re-instituting Obamacare, re-instituting McCain-Feingold, reversing the Bush administration's energy policies, and reversing the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy to pay for a $7,000 tax credit for college tuition assistance. Patrick served as Massachusetts Governor from 2007-2015.  

April 5, 2023 - Ayotte announces Presidential Run

DOVER, NH - Vice President Kelly Ayotte announced she would run for President in 2024. Pledging to "continue the successful policies of the Bush era" in addition to standing up for the pro-life position, reducing the size of the federal government to where it was in 2000 by the year 2030, using surplus money for an income tax cut and debt reduction, and promoting free trade. Ayotte served in the U.S. Senate from 2011-2017 and has served as Vice President of the United States since 2017.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2015, 10:13:32 PM »

May 7, 2023 - Brown running for Democratic Presidential Nomination

CLEVELAND, OH - U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH) announced his intention to seek the Democratic Presidential Nomination in 2024. Brown, who has spent 17 years in the U.S. Senate following 14 years in the U.S. House, said he would run on a platform of reversing unfair trade agreements, universal health care, and rolling back the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy in order to balance the budget.

May 25, 2023 - Murphy to seek Democratic Nomination for President

WHITE PLAINS, NY - U.S. Senator Chris Murphy of Connecticut went to his hometown to announce his bid for the 2024 Democratic Presidential Nomination. Murphy pledged to invest in environmental protection, health care for children, and a 15% income tax cut for those earning below $75,000 per year if elected President. Murphy has served in the U.S. Senate since 2013.

June 5, 2023 - Huntsman to make second presidential bid

SALT LAKE CITY, UT - More than a decade after his first presidential bid, Former U.S. Secretary of State Jon Huntsman announced his second bid for the Republican Presidential Nomination. Huntsman said if elected, he would work to increase the size of the U.S. military, increase trade with South America and Asia, fight for a 10% flat tax with a 8% consumption tax to replace the current tax code, and he vowed to support President Bush's initiatives on research and development. Huntsman served as Governor of Utah from 2005-2009, as U.N. Ambassador to China from 2009-2011, and as U.S. Secretary of State from 2017 until his resignation on January 5, 2023.

June 7, 2023 - Love running for President

IOWA CITY, IA - Congresswoman Mia Love, Former Chairwoman of the Republican National Committee, declared her intention to run for President in 2024. Love said she would run on a platform focused on reducing the size of the federal government, appointing conservative judges, and returning education to local governments. Love has served in Congress representing Utah's 4th Congressional District since 2015 and served as Chairwoman of the Republican National Committee from 2019-2022.

June 17, 2023 - DeBlasio gives it a second try

NEW YORK, NY - Former Mayor of New York City Bill DeBlasio declared his second bid for the Democratic Presidential Nomination. Vowing to fight for cap and trade, a $14 minimum wage, and universal health care, DeBlasio said he was the "proud progressive" in the race for President. DeBlasio served as Mayor of New York City from 2014-2022.

July 2, 2023 - Booker running for President

NEWARK, NJ - U.S. Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey declared his second presidential bid. Booker, who has served in the U.S. Senate since 2014, said his top priorities would be to repeal medicare reform, support college loan assistance program funding that has fallen flat, expand medicaid eligibility, and reverse tax breaks for the wealthy to balance the budget and cut taxes on those earning below $120,000 by 20%.

July 8, 2023 - Poll: GOP, Democratic races close

GOP Nomination
Jon Huntsman 30%
Kelly Ayotte 28%
Mia Love 20%
Pam Bondi 15%
Charlie Baker 6%
Other 1%

Democratic Nomination
Cory Booker 22%
Amy Klobuchar 21%
Andrew Cuomo 20%
Deval Patrick 15%
Bill DeBlasio 12%
Sherrod Brown 5%
Chris Murphy 4%
Other 2%

July 25, 2023 - Bush family split in GOP presidential race, President and First Lady remain neutral, Governor of Texas endorses Ayotte

Dallas, TX - Newly sworn-in Governor of Texas George P. Bush, the son of the President and First Lady, endorsed Vice President Kelly Ayotte for the 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination, calling Ayotte "a strong conservative with the experience to govern." Additionally, Former First Lady Laura Bush, in rare form, also endorsed Ayotte, calling her "the qualified female presidential candidate we've been waiting for." But while George P. and Laura Bush endorsed Ayotte, Jeb Bush Jr., a Florida Businessman, has become a key fundraiser for Former U.S. Secretary of State Jon Huntsman. President Jeb Bush, First Lady Columba Bush, and Former President George W. Bush have all stayed neutral, and the 43rd President said he wouldn't endorse in the primaries. But George P. Bush, who was elected Governor of Texas in 2022 by the largest margin in state history (with 72% of the vote) is a powerful force in Texas politics, and many consider him a rising star in the GOP nationally.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2015, 09:46:50 PM »

Go Huntsman! I'm liking the timeline dudeabides keep it up.
Horsemask

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: -4.87

« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2015, 10:13:35 PM »

Go Huntsman!
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2015, 11:09:51 PM »

Go Huntsman! I'm liking the timeline dudeabides keep it up.

Thank you!

August 12, 2023 - GOP candidates participate in first Presidential Debate

"This election is crucial because in the last seven years, our country has made an extraordinary comeback. President Bush and I have fought to fundamentally reform government and give power back to states and the American people. The results have been that our economy has added 21 million new jobs, we have had four balanced budgets, incomes have risen by over $2,500, the national debt has been cut by 40%, we've reduced the deficit by 90%, our military has more funding now than at anytime in history, and the average family has seen a tax cut of $2,000 since we've taken office. We need a President who will continue to reduce our national debt, keep taxes low, and protect our country, and I want to be that President. I have the experience to lead, I've stood with this President and was a leader in the fight to reform our Veteran's Administration, reduce taxes, and support free trade agreements that have helped us compete globally. My mission is to continue to build on the progress made since 2017" - Kelly Ayotte

"My fellow citizens, I'm running for President of the United States to not only preserve the extraordinary economic period we are living in thanks to President Bush's policies, it's also to continue to set us up to grow the middle class here at home and lead the world again. The President has done a fantastic job reversing decades of regulations and cutting taxes, now it's time for us to move to a flat tax of 15%, a corporate tax of 15%, and a consumption tax of 5% on goods over $10,000. My revenue-neutral tax cut is intended to help hard working taxpayers keep more of their hard-earned dollars, it's also supposed to help our businesses grow and thrive. I'll also be the President who knocks down barriers to entry for technological start-ups and energy companies so we can once again lead the world in technology and export our energy. Finally, we should embrace globalization and support free trade so we can compete in a global economy. This era has the potential to be even better than the last seven years, and I'm asking for your help to make that happen. I've been in the private sector, I served as an Ambassador, I was Governor of Utah, and for six years I was President Bush's Secretary of State. I feel that I am ready to lead this country" - Jon Huntsman

"All of us on this stage agree that President Bush has been a unifying figure in our politics, and this country is far better off today than it was in 2017 when the President took office. We've experienced an economic growth period unlike one we've seen in more than two decades. All of us would keep the economic policies of this administration in place. But as we are seeing record declines in welfare rolls and other safety net programs, I believe the time has come to fundamentally reduce the size of the federal government. My plan is to reduce the size of the federal workforce by 15% over the next six years via attrition, saving taxpayers $700 billion over the next decade. I'll also return power over issues like agricultural rules and regulations, education, and labor agreements back to the states. I believe the next President of the United States should emphasize reducing the size and scope of the federal government. That means not only reducing government in size, it also means redefining government. We should have less government and all branches of the federal government should follow the constitution. That will be the only litmus test I would have as it relates to appointing judges, which I believe is the most important domestic issue facing a President. I believe we need to send a message to all that liberty is alive and well in America" - Mia Love

"In the most liberal state in America, I have made a difference. During my eight years as Governor of Massachusetts, I got our state out of Common Core, I vetoed more new spending than any Governor in our state's history, I doubled the size of our state police force in my eight years and we saw historic reductions in crime, I reduced our state's income tax by $1 billion, and I vetoed $700 million in corporate subsidies. In a time of prosperity, it is sometimes tempting to increase spending. President Bush has been steadfast in his opposition to adding debt, but let's remember Republicans in Congress have proposed $400 billion in new federal spending in the last 18 months. We need someone from the business world and from outside Washington to ensure we continue to reduce our national debt and hold the line on spending. I also happen to believe the next President of the United States must pass comprehensive litigation reform and allow for more energy exploration. What brings me to this presidential race is my desire to see the country have a President who is a responsible steward of taxpayer dollars" - Charlie Baker

"This campaign is about which one of us will fight for the principles that made America great. When I look at the state of affairs today, I see a nation in economic prosperity. But, these are still challenging times. Violent crime in America's cities has increased, drug use in our suburbs has increased, and our rural communities continue to experience property crime at higher levels than half a century ago. Additionally, the world remains an unstable place. Our values are in question as organizations like Planned Parenthood still receive millions of our tax dollars. Americans need a champion, someone who can lead in a way that ensures we aim higher. As Florida's Attorney General, I took on the special interests and won. I fought for religious liberty and defended the second amendment. As Governor of Florida, I promoted a culture of life and took a tough stance against violent crime and drugs in our state. I'm proud of my conservative record, and it's that record I will run on in this campaign. I will defend the pro-life position, our second amendment rights, and I will do what is necessary to end illegal immigration which is plaguing communities across this country. I believe it's time to move America forward with a more conservative agenda" -  Pam Bondi
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2015, 12:40:01 AM »

This is very impressive - good work.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2015, 09:32:16 PM »

August 23, 2023 - Democratic Presidential Candidates Participate in First Debate

"This election is about the future, not the past. We Democrats lost the last two election cycles because we focused too much on the past when Americans want us to talk about the future. Today, we are facing a new generation of challenges. High school graduation rates have fallen flat across the country, and in urban districts half of our kids aren't graduating in many cases. Drug use is harming communities across this country. Gun violence has become something we have become all to accustomed to in our everyday lives. I have worked on solving tough problems as Mayor of a city, and as a U.S. Senator. I'll bring people together to fight for universal background checks so we can protect the second amendment but keep guns out of the hands of criminals, I'll fight to expand drug prevention programs in our schools, and I'll fight to raise educational standards while calling for smaller class sizes. I believe the American people are ready for leadership to meet the challenges of our time head on, and I intend to be that leader" - Cory Booker

"President Bush believes that American strength in the world is measured by how much money we spend on our military and how many countries feel threatened by our words. I believe American strength is measured by how safe we are and how we help solve problems in this world such as poverty, global warming, and protecting human rights. Here at home, I want to finally end income inequality, implement an aggressive environmental agenda aimed at using more alternatives to reduce our carbon footprint, and I want to invest in our education system again so our kids are prepared for the jobs of tomorrow. Abroad, I want to lead the fight for human rights in South Africa and fight to end terrorism in Iraq and Syria. The United States does best when we lead the world towards peace and equality, and I want to restore an American foreign policy where that is the focus" - Amy Klobuchar

"Since 1990, the United States of America has lost an average of 120,000 manufacturing jobs each year. Communities across this country have seen devastation and poverty as these good-paying jobs have left. For over three decades, we have not dealt with this fact, we have ignored small towns and urban communities across this country that have fallen further into decay. In the United States Senate, I have often been alone in my opposition to these trade agreements that ship jobs overseas. My goal as President will be to reverse these trade agreements, support worker re-training programs, and to help invest in education and infrastructure so that communities that have been devastated by three decades of failed policies can finally get back on their feet. We need to stand up for working men and women, and that's why I'm asking for your vote" - Sherrod Brown

"I am a firm believer in the American dream. Unfortunately, for too many, that dream seems further and further away. In the last decade, we've unfortunately seen what we saw between 1957 and 1968 - racial violence and brutality. I think it's time for a constitutional amendment defining human rights as all being created equal regardless of gender or race. In New York City, I worked hard to bring together people of all different backgrounds and we have been free of racial violence for the last eight years in my city. I think we need a President who is not afraid to talk about the tough issues of our time. We need to stop discrimination in it's tracks, and I want to lead that effort" - Bill DeBlasio

"The way to win in 2024 is by running on our principles, but also explaining to the American people that the Republicans haven't been honest about where we stand on the issues. We are the party that believes in marriage equality, a woman's right to choose, and in equal pay for equal work. But we are also a party that believes we can invest in education, our infrastructure, health care, and the environment while still balancing the budget and cutting taxes for working families. You see, in New York, I accomplished all of that. We doubled funding for our schools and for special needs classrooms, I oversaw the largest road improvement project in state history, we supported solar and wind energy, and we cut taxes by $5 billion, 90% of which went to folks earning less than $150,000 per year. We paid for it by reducing the size of state government and even privatizing certain services. We have to invest in our people while balancing the budget" - Andrew Cuomo

"Unfortunately, what I have seen out of Washington D.C. under this administration is the special interests controlling the agenda. Thanks to conservative outside groups, we gutted health care reform that helped expand health care access to 12 million Americans, I want to restore that health care coverage because it worked nationally and in my home state of Massachusetts. I'll also fight to undermine Citizens United so we can get big money out of politics once and for all and put the people in charge of our democracy again. My state, under my watch, was a leader in helping kids go to college - as President, I'll reverse the tax cuts given to the rich and instead help kids go to college, it's the right thing to do and it'll help our economy long term. If we do these things, if we bring democracy back, we'll succeed long term" - Deval Patrick

"All of us on this stage believe we need to invest in our people again. For my part, I have proposed universal health care for our kids, strengthening environmental standards to where they were before this President gut our EPA, and instead of giving tax breaks to the rich as our Republican friends want, I want to cut taxes on those earning up to $75,000 by 15%. No one up here questions that this is a time of economic prosperity. But, prosperity has been uneven. Today, 34 million Americans still lack health care, the number of Americans living in poverty remains at 29 million, and although those earning above $50,000 per year have seen a modest increase in their wages, the bottom 5% of income earners have actually seen a decline in their wages. This era of prosperity must benefit all Americans, not just some" - Chris Murphy

September 15, 2023 - Huntsman secures key endorsements, outlines presidential agenda

CHARLESTON, SC - Former U.S. Secretary of State Jon Huntsman picked up endorsements from U.S. Senator Tim Scott (R-SC), U.S. Senator Jeff Flake (R-AZ), Governor Spencer Cox (R-UT), and Governor Rob Portman (R-OH) in his quest for the 2024 Republican Presidential Nomination. On the campaign trail, Huntsman also put forth his top priorities if elected President. Huntsman called for a flatter tax code with a 10% income tax, a 10% corporate tax, and a 5% luxury taxes, he also called for increasing the number of free trade agreements with South American and Asian countries, he called for continued investments in infrastructure, he called for de-regulation of the energy sector, and he called for technological start-ups to be tax-free for three years. Huntsman also pledged to increase the size of the U.S. military and double human intelligence gathering capabilities within five years. 
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2015, 09:34:07 PM »

This is very impressive - good work.

Thank you!
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2015, 11:21:59 PM »

October 1, 2023 - Booker calls for a "discussion on elevating working families" while putting forth "Working Families Agenda" after securing endorsements

DOVER, NH - Fresh off winning endorsements from Governor Phillip Murphy (D-NJ), U.S. Senator and 2020 Democratic Presidential Nominee Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), and Former U.S. Vice President Al Gore (D-TN), U.S. Senator Cory Booker called on the 2024 presidential campaign to be "a discussion on how to improve the lives of working Americans." Booker called for indexing the minimum wage to inflation, eliminating the employee portion of the payroll tax, doubling the per-child tax credit, and increasing school vouchers and reducing educational class sizes as part of a "long term growth agenda." Booker also called for restoration of green energy tax credits the Bush administration repealed to "create millions of new jobs."

October 27, 2023 - Ayotte, fresh off endorsements, touts Vice Presidency, Presidential Agenda

CHARLESTON, SC - Vice President Kelly Ayotte, running for the Republican Presidential Nomination, unveiled an extensive endorsement list. The list included 22 Republican U.S. Senators, 100 Republican House Members, 12 Republican Governors, and 10 Former cabinet officials of the Jeb Bush administration. Notable on the list are Governor of Iowa Kim Reynolds, Governor of Michigan Mike Cox, U.S. Senator David Perdue of Georgia, U.S. Senator Greg Abbott of Texas, Former U.S. Senator John Cornyn of Texas, and U.S. Senator John McCain of Arizona. Ayotte touted her presidential agenda, which includes support for a constitutional human life amendment, elimination of the income tax on those earning below $50,000 per year, elimination of the capital gains tax below $2 million, medical malpractice reform, and a broader commitment to defeating terrorism in Iraq. Ayotte also touted a strong economy as a reason she should be elected President, arguing she'd "stay the course" between the Bush administration and her own election.

November 15, 2023 - Bondi lays out "Conservative Action Agenda," endorsed by prominent conservatives

LANSING, MI - Governor of Florida and GOP Presidential Candidate Pam Bondi won endorsements from Former Governor of Florida Rick Scott, U.S. Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX), and U.S. Senator Mike Lee (R-UT) ahead of a policy address she gave in Michigan. In her address, Bondi roled out what she called a "conservative action agenda." In it, Bondi called for the elimination of the Federal Department of Education and the Department of Energy, elimination of the income tax over a five year period, a constitutional marriage amendment, a constitutional human life amendment, and a social security opt-out option for younger workers.

November 28, 2023 - Klobuchar puts forward hundred-day plan, unveils endorsements

DES MOINES, IA - Fresh off winning endorsements from Former Democratic Presidential Candidate Hillary Clinton, Former DNC Chairman Howard Dean, and U.S. Senator Al Franken (D-MN), Democratic Presidential Candidate Amy Klobuchar spoke about what she hoped to accomplish in her first 100 days as President if elected. She called for national standards in education accompanied by increased funding for special needs classrooms and job training in high school, a cap on annual carbon emissions and fines for those who exceed the limit, a commitment to go to the U.N. to end genocide in South America, and "leadership" towards defeating terrorism in Syria and Iraq through the use of special forces.

December 10, 2023 - Poll: Booker, Huntsman lead nationally, early states divided

National GOP Primary
Jon Huntsman 35%
Kelly Ayotte 30%
Pam Bondi 20%
Mia Love 12%
Charlie Baker 2%

National Democratic Primary
Cory Booker 30%
Amy Klobuchar 27%
Andrew Cuomo 19%
Bill DeBlasio 12%
Sherrod Brown 7%
Deval Patrick 2%
Chris Murphy 1%

Iowa GOP Caucus
Jon Huntsman 30%
Kelly Ayotte 29%
Pam Bondi 21%
Mia Love 14%
Charlie Baker 4%

Iowa Democratic Caucus
Cory Booker 27%
Amy Klobuchar 21%
Andrew Cuomo 20%
Sherrod Brown 15%
Bill DeBlasio 7%
Deval Patrick 5%
Chris Murphy 3%

New Hampshire GOP Primary
Kelly Ayotte 50%
Jon Huntsman 25%
Charlie Baker 15%
Pam Bondi 7%
Mia Love 1%

New Hampshire Democratic Primary
Cory Booker 23%
Andrew Cuomo 20%
Amy Klobuchar 19%
Deval Patrick 15%
Chris Murphy 10%
Bill DeBlasio 6%
Sherrod Brown 5%

December 15, 2023 - Cuomo lays out presidential agenda, picks up major endorsements

DETROIT, MI - Democratic Presidential Hopeful Andrew Cuomo put forth his presidential agenda at an event in Michigan. Cuomo called for increased funding for federal highway repairs, increased revenue sharing amongst states in the areas of education and health care, more funding for housing vouchers with work requirements, a 25% tax reduction on those earning below $150,000 per year, and for marriage equality. Cuomo won the support of Former President Bill Clinton, U.S. Senator Kristen Gillibrand (D-NY), and U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow (D-MI).

January 5, 2024 - Ahead of Iowa, Ayotte attacks Huntsman, Cuomo & DeBlasio battle it out

IOWA CITY, IA - Weeks ahead of the 2024 Iowa Caucus, Republican Presidential Hopeful Kelly Ayotte began attacking opponent and GOP front-runner Jon Huntsman. Ayotte's campaign released a television ad and mailers attacking Huntsman as "moderate," citing his support for same-sex marriage, support for the Dream Act, and refusal to sign a no-tax pledge. The Huntsman campaign responded, arguing that the Former Secretary of State was a "conservative when it counts" and touting his record as Governor of Utah and Secretary of State. As the two GOP camps began to battle, the same was going on between Democratic Presidential Hopefuls Bill DeBlasio & Andrew Cuomo. DeBlasio accused Cuomo of supporting "corporate welfare" by "allowing large corporations not to pay taxes for a decade." Cuomo attacked DeBlasio as "an out of touch Mayor who was soft on crime."
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2015, 11:28:39 PM »

Oh god... Cuomo vs. Huntsman... The Question is, Who's the Democrat?
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2015, 08:45:35 AM »

Oh god... Cuomo vs. Huntsman... The Question is, Who's the Democrat?

We shall see if that's who is in the running....
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2015, 09:04:48 AM »

February 5, 2024 - Iowa Caucus: Close on both sides, Klobuchar and Huntsman secure wins

DES MOINES, IA - U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) and Former U.S. Secretary of State Jon Huntsman (R-UT) each won their respective party's Iowa Caucus, albeit narrowly. On the Democratic side, Klobuchar defeated opponents Cory Booker and Andrew Cuomo 25.2%-25.1%-23% respectively. On the Republican side, Former U.S. Secretary of State Jon Huntsman defeated Vice President Kelly Ayotte 30%-29%, with Florida Governor Pam Bondi in third place with 21%.

February 12, 2024 - New Hampshire Primary: Ayotte wins decisive home state victory, Booker defeats Cuomo

CONCORD, NH - Vice President Kelly Ayotte won her home state's GOP Presidential Primary, defeating opponent Jon Huntsman 62%-21%. On the Democratic side, U.S. Senator Cory Booker (D-NJ) defeated opponent Andrew Cuomo 30%-29%, with Amy Klobuchar finishing third with 20%.

February 17, 2024 - South Carolina Primary: Huntsman secures victory, Cuomo wins first victory in political upset

CHARLESTON, SC - Former U.S. Secretary of State Jon Huntsman won South Carolina's Republican Presidential Primary, defeating Vice President Kelly Ayotte and Florida Governor Pam Bondi 32%-30%-25% respectively. On the Democratic side, Andrew Cuomo, expected to place second or third in South Carolina, won the primary, defeating opponents Amy Klobuchar and Cory Booker 30%-29%-18% respectively.

February 19, 2024 - Michigan and Florida Primaries: Huntsman, Bondi, Klobuchar secure wins, Bondi withdrawals after losing home state

MIAMI BEACH, FL - Former U.S. Secretary of State Jon Huntsman won Michigan's GOP Presidential Primary, defeating Vice President Kelly Ayotte 40%-33%. In Florida, Governor Pam Bondi (R-FL) defeated Huntsman in her home state, 55%-25%. On the Democratic side, U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar defeated Cory Booker in both Michigan, 37%-33%, and in Florida, 30%-29%.

February 25, 2024 - Missouri, Nevada, and Colorado vote

DENVER, CO - Former U.S. Secretary of State Jon Huntsman secured victories in Missouri, Nevada, and Colorado. Huntsman defeated Vice President Kelly Ayotte 37%-31% in Missouri, 39%-30% in Nevada, and 50%-29% in Colorado. On the Democratic side, U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar defeated opponent Cory Booker 49%-30% in Missouri, 35%-30% in Colorado, and Booker defeated Klobuchar 41%-30% in Nevada.

February 27, 2024 - Mia Love ends presidential bid, backs Jon Huntsman

SALT LAKE CITY, UT - Congresswoman and Former RNC Chair Mia Love ended her 2024 presidential bid and backed Former U.S. Secretary of State Jon Huntsman for the Republican Presidential Nomination, calling Huntsman a "statesman, reformer, and caring person."
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2015, 02:13:17 PM »

This is great Cheesy! Wonderful dramatization!
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2015, 10:04:15 PM »

This is great Cheesy! Wonderful dramatization!

Thank you, I appreciate it!

March 5, 2024 - Super Tuesday: Huntsman dominates, advantage Booker for Democrats, Charlie Baker withdrawals from presidential race, backs Jon Huntsman as Sherrod Brown, Bill DeBlasio also exit presidential race

Ohio:
(R) Jon Huntsman 38% Kelly Ayotte 33%
(D) Amy Klobuchar 40% Andrew Cuomo 22% Cory Booker 15%

Tennessee:
(R) Kelly Ayotte 50% Jon Huntsman 35%
(D) Andrew Cuomo 39% Amy Klobuchar 30%

North Dakota:
(R) Jon Huntsman 47% Kelly Ayotte 32%
(D) Amy Klobuchar 37% Andrew Cuomo 36%

Georgia:
(R)Jon Huntsman 38% Kelly Ayotte 30% Pam Bondi 22%
(D) Cory Booker 40% Andrew Cuomo 21% Amy Klobuchar 12%

New York:
(R) Jon Huntsman 55% Kelly Ayotte 39%
(D) Andrew Cuomo 67% Cory Booker 20%

Maine:
(R) Jon Huntsman 37% Kelly Ayotte 30% Charlie Baker 29%
(D) Cory Booker 35% Andrew Cuomo 30% Amy Klobuchar 27%

Arizona:
(R) Jon Huntsman 41% Kelly Ayotte 30% Pam
(D) Amy Klobuchar 37% Andrew Cuomo 30% Cory Booker 23%

Minnesota:
(R) Jon Huntsman 50% Kelly Ayotte 37%
(D) Amy Klobuchar 71% Cory Booker 15%

Oklahoma:
(R) Kelly Ayotte 37% Jon Huntsman 35%
(D) Cory Booker 40% Amy Klobuchar 30% Andrew Cuomo 23%

Washington:
(R) Jon Huntsman 47% Kelly Ayotte 30%
(D) Cory Booker 60% Amy Klobuchar 27%

Hawaii:
(R) Jon Huntsman 55% Kelly Ayotte 30%
(D) Cory Booker 44% Amy Klobuchar 30% Andrew Cuomo 21%

Delaware:
(R) Kelly Ayotte 39% Jon Huntsman 32%
(D) Cory Booker 60% Andrew Cuomo 27%

March 8, 2024 - Deval Patrick ends presidential bid, backs Cory Booker

NEWARK, NJ - Ahead of presidential contests in Texas, Indiana, and New Jersey, the Former Governor of Massachusetts Deval Patrick ended his presidential campaign and endorsed Cory Booker for President, calling Booker the "accomplished progressive these times demand."

March 10, 2024 - Bondi ends presidential bid

MIAMI BEACH, FL - Governor of Florida Pam Bondi announced she would end her 2024 campaign for the Republican Presidential Nomination.

March 12, 2024 - Texas, Indiana, and New Jersey vote

MORRISTOWN, NJ - Former U.S. Secretary of State Jon Huntsman won three more Republican Presidential Primaries. In Texas, Huntsman defeated Vice President Kelly Ayotte 53%-46%, he won 59% of the vote in Indiana to Ayotte's 40%, and in New Jersey, Huntsman defeated Ayotte 57%-42%. On the Democratic side, U.S. Senator Cory Booker won his home state of New Jersey, garnering 62% of the vote. In Texas, Booker narrowly defeated U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar, 39.7%-39.4%. In Indiana, Klobuchar defeated Booker 50%-30%.

March 14, 2024 - Huntsman, Ayotte debate issues in first one-on-one GOP debate

"The American people deserve a forward-looking President who understands the world we live in and what these times demand. President Bush's policies have led to over 20 million new jobs, rises in family income, the first balanced budgets in a generation, debt reduction for the first time in over a generation, our trade deficits are down, and Americans have more confidence in the future. What we now need is a President who is willing to aim higher. Be it moving to a flat tax, helping technological start-ups launch by cutting red tape, embracing the energy revolution, or expanding free trade in Asia and South America, I'm ready to challenge Americans to prosper even more in the next four years" - Jon Huntsman

"What this campaign is about is what do we do with this time of extraordinary prosperity? I think we need a President who will continue to keep taxes low, reduce our national debt, and protect our country by ensuring a strong military and human intelligence capabilities. These times also demand a new approach to governing. Too often, the American people have become cynical of corruption in government and the inability of our elected officials to do what they say they'd do. We should expect more of our leaders, and we deserve accountability. I will, as President, direct my Justice Department to have a zero-tolerance policy for corruption in the executive and legislative branches of government. We've come a long way in these eight years, but our work is not yet finished" - Kelly Ayotte

"I believe the central economic focus of the next President has to be to broaden prosperity. Yes, we've seen record job growth and yes, we have rising incomes. President Bush's policies are working, I think we agree on that. But we can do even more to ensure that we continue to create jobs and have prosperity reach all Americans. It begins with my tax plan, a 10% flat tax on income and corporations and a 5% consumption tax on goods above $10,000, we'll get rid of tax loopholes and cap deductions at $10,000. It continues with establishing free trade agreements, or in some cases revising current agreements, with every nation in Latin America and Asia so we can compete. It continues with what I have said; job-training, embracing the energy revolution, and cutting red tape for technological start-ups. We can and must lead the world in this era" - Jon Huntsman

"Republican voters do have a choice in this election. No one can question Jon Huntsman on integrity or his record of public service. But there are differences in this campaign. Secretary Huntsman supports same-sex marriage, I believe in traditional marriage. Secretary Huntsman wants to give congress a new revenue stream in a tax on consumption, a tax that will primarily hit automobile and home sales since it's above $10,000, I want to keep taxes low. Secretary Huntsman believes that we should cave to the Democrats on global warming and even considered supporting a carbon cap, I am opposed to cap & trade, period. We need a nominee who is unafraid to defend the record of the last eight years of keeping taxes low and supporting state's rights" - Kelly Ayotte

"The Vice President is going around telling folks I am not a real Republican because I am willing to put my country before my party. In Utah, I moved our state to a flat tax, supported pro-life legislation, eliminated $120 million in economic regulations, and supported school choice. I've lived overseas numerous times, I served as an ambassador, and I have experience working in the private sector as a businessman. As Secretary of State under Jeb Bush, I helped increase U.S. trade with Latin America by 25%, more so than any diplomat in history. I helped build alliances with countries like Japan and Peru, and we took a stand in support of Israel. I respect the Vice President and consider her a friend, but I do believe that I am the best qualified candidate for President of the United States" - Jon Huntsman
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2015, 03:50:50 AM »
« Edited: September 05, 2015, 03:52:27 AM by heatmaster »

Can't wait to see where the party conventions are held & the general election match ups are. I can imagine Huntsman prevailing,  he's bound to go with either Marco Rubio or George P. Bush. Cuomo or Booker? hmmm?  I can imagine with Jeb Bush's popularity, Huntsman will have the edge. Roll on conventions and debate season. By the way, what year does this storyline conclude in?
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2015, 04:08:07 PM »

Can't wait to see where the party conventions are held & the general election match ups are. I can imagine Huntsman prevailing,  he's bound to go with either Marco Rubio or George P. Bush. Cuomo or Booker? hmmm?  I can imagine with Jeb Bush's popularity, Huntsman will have the edge. Roll on conventions and debate season. By the way, what year does this storyline conclude in?

I appreciate the feedback. Originally, I said 2036, but I might go until 2040 or 2044, not sure yet.

March 19, 2024 - Huntsman, Booker win California primary

LOS ANGELES, CA - Former U.S. Secretary of State Jon Huntsman defeated Vice President Kelly Ayotte 59%-40% to win California's Republican Presidential Primary. On the Democratic side, U.S. Senator Cory Booker defeated U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar 55%-28% to win California's Democratic Presidential Primary.

March 23, 2024 - Kelly Ayotte withdrawals, endorses Jon Huntsman for President

MANCHESTER, NH - Vice President Kelly Ayotte ended her 2024 presidential bid and promised to support Jon Huntsman in the general election, calling him a "friend who has the experience to lead." Ayotte, once considered a shoe-in for her party's nomination for President, was hurt by what critics called an "inconsistent message."

Jon Huntsman secures GOP Presidential Nomination

"I am humbled by the opportunity to claim with humility and pride that we have won the nomination of the Republican Party for President of the United States. Our message to the American people is clear. Thanks to the leadership of President Bush and Vice President Ayotte, our country is more prosperous today than it has been at any time in a generation. That is a credit to the Vice President, and I thank her for her gracious phone call a short while ago. I ask her supporters, and supporters of all the other quality candidates to join us in putting our country before our party and always aiming higher. Be it reforming our tax code to make it flatter, supporting new technology and innovation by cutting red tape, expanding trade relations with our allies, supporting job training and infrastructure, or replacing the energy revolution, Americans are ready to be challenged, and ready to succeed. That is what this campaign is about, it's why I'm running for President, and it's why I intend to win this election" - Jon Huntsman, Presumptive Republican Presidential Nominee

March 25, 2024 - President Bush, Former President Bush, wives endorse Huntsman for President

AUSTIN, TX - President Jeb Bush and First Lady Columba Bush offered their support for Presumptive Republican Presidential Nominee Jon Huntsman at a press conference in Austin, Texas. "I choose Jon Huntsman to be my Secretary of State because he is innovative, decisive, and a problem solver. I believe he will make a great American President, and I am confident the voters will see he is a person who cares deeply about his country" the President said. First Lady Columba Bush endorsed the Former Secretary of State and Governor of Utah, calling him a "leader who values diversity of opinion and seeks to set goals and achieve them." The First Lady also made an endorsement of Huntsman in spanish. Former President George W. Bush said Huntsman was "a consistent conservative" who could "bring people together." Former First Lady Laura Bush said that Huntsman was a "compassionate and honest person."

March 27, 2024 - Booker wins Presidential Primaries in Massachusetts, Montana, and D.C. as Murphy, Cuomo withdrawal

BOSTON, MA - U.S. Senator Cory Booker (D-MA) secured presidential primary victories in Massachusetts, Montana, and Washington D.C. Though expected to win Massachusetts and Washington D.C., which he did by double-digits, he barely won Montana - defeating Amy Klobuchar 40%-39.8%. Meanwhile, U.S. Senator Chris Murphy (D-CT) and Former Governor Andrew Cuomo (D-NY) ended their presidential bids.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2015, 12:50:38 AM »

March 28, 2024 - Booker, Klobuchar debate ahead of contests in North Carolina, South Dakota, and Wisconsin

"We have to have a conversation in America about helping working families get ahead and having true equality amongst all of our people. Be it indexing our minimum wage to inflation, expanding health care coverage to every child in America, increasing tax deductions for parents with children, or reforming our nation's drug laws so non-violent offenders get rehab are issues both parties have long talked about. I'm proud that in the United States Senate, I worked with President Bush and Republican Senator Pat Toomey to double funding for job-training programs. I'm also proud that in the U.S. Senate, I worked across party lines to support and expand free trade agreements that have helped create over 1.2 million jobs related to trade in the last three years. In one of America's poorest cities, I reduced taxes and brought in historic investments into our city. We need to fight for hard working Americans, and I have a record of doing just that" - Cory Booker

"President Bush came into office eight years ago claiming that President Obama made America less secure, the President has failed to stabilize the situation in northern Iraq. The fact is, President Bush has taken his eye off the ball, he's ignored the fact that Iraq's military today is not fully functional. As President, I would make a strong commitment to regional security in the middle east. At the same time, I don't see why we have to have so many military bases all over the world, and so many of our troops are deployed. I favor less deployments and a more focused foreign policy. I have said all along that if I'm elected President, my defense budget will increase by about 5% per year to pay for increases in troop pay and the proper body armor and equipment our troops need. This President has increased defense spending by an average of 12% per year, the pentagon has only asked for about 30-40% less than that" - Amy Klobuchar

"I am confident I can win the election of 2024 because Americans are looking for a President who is optimistic and foward-thinking. I'm proud of consistently receiving high marks from progressive and Democratic groups, but I'm also proud of working with the Republicans on issues like trade, criminal justice reform, and job training. I think my record as Mayor of a city and in the United States Senate speak for themselves, I believe both positions best prepare me to lead this country, and I intend to work hard for every vote.  The American voter is looking for someone who will tell them the truth, put aside their differences with those who don't agree with them, and get to work reforming our criminal justice system, fighting for working families, and doing those things to ensure a sense of fairness in our country. Senator Klobuchar and I both offer Americans a new agenda, an agenda that will lift up all of our people. We believe in the values of the Democratic Party. What I think might be a difference between us is I've taken on tough issues and have worked with Republicans even when it hurt me to do so politically" - Cory Booker

"I think my message is very much resonating with the American people. Americans deserve a President who will defeat our enemies, fight for the human rights of all people, and end instability in northern Iraq. Senator Booker has supported President Bush's foreign policy most of the time, I have challenged this administration to not only do intelligence-gathering from Iraq like they have done, but to do something to stabilize Iraq. To me, that means training the Iraqis to effectively care for their own security. I have also said the issues here at home that will define us is how we deal with our schools; do we continue the privatization of education the President has started, do we reduce class sizes, do we increase efforts to have job training in high school, and do we create new national standards to help our kids compete? Or, do we stay the course which is to privatize our schools. We Democrats are going to win this fall if we recognize we are the party of common sense, and do not ever let the Republicans forget that" - Amy Klobuchar 
bobloblaw
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2015, 03:04:22 PM »

There is no future for Jon Huntsman.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2015, 06:27:46 PM »

The 2024 campaign - the general election is a long time in coming. Just skip the conventions and debate and give us the results☺
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies