If you want to get change to Atlasia...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 07:45:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  If you want to get change to Atlasia...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: If you want to get change to Atlasia...  (Read 1457 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 05, 2015, 10:41:06 AM »
« edited: July 05, 2015, 11:10:54 AM by Cranberry »

... that's how you going to get it, not through some constitutional convention that will never be called to begin with as 90% of Atlasia are zombies, and even if will provide nothing at all in substance.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 10:42:38 AM »

Agree completely.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 10:44:07 AM »

Nobody is going to dissolve the constitution of Atlasia.
With a Constitutional Convention, we can change it.
If the motion for the Convention will be successful, then the Convention will make radical changes to the Constitution.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 10:44:18 AM »

And if that fails, coup d'etat
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 11:13:01 AM »

A constitutional convention will literally do nothing to help this game as 95% of its players wouldn't give two sh*ts about it.

We need to change the structure of this game at the very least. Not just the words of the constitution.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 11:14:23 AM »

I will vote for the candidate in the at-large senate election who is willing to introduce this amendment to the Senate.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 11:14:38 AM »

We've got 6 threads open, 101 different discussions and a lot of disagreement. And people think we'll be able to agree to change it?
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 11:16:01 AM »

I will vote for the candidate in the at-large senate election who is willing to introduce this amendment to the Senate.
It has been introduced in the Public Consultation and Legislation Submissions Thread, so it will be debated in the Senate when a new Speaker will be elected.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 11:16:21 AM »

We've got 6 threads open, 101 different discussions and a lot of disagreement. And people think we'll be able to agree to change it?

Happily it is sometimes possible to achieve radical change without consensus.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2015, 11:22:25 AM »

It has been introduced in the Public Consultation and Legislation Submissions Thread, so it will be debated in the Senate when a new Speaker will be elected.

Smiley
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2015, 11:28:52 AM »

I don't think that this amendment will pass the Senate. And even if it will pass the Senate, it will not pass the regions. So, the only way is a Convention.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2015, 11:36:07 AM »

This won't pass the Senate, but it is definitely the best solution I've seen so far.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2015, 11:38:24 AM »

I don't think that this amendment will pass the Senate. And even if it will pass the Senate, it will not pass the regions. So, the only way is a Convention.

If this is not going to pass, you won't get a convention because you will never get the bizzarly high number of signatures required for it. Just saying...
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2015, 11:40:11 AM »

If this is not going to pass, you won't get a convention because you will never get the bizzarly high number of signatures required for it. Just saying...

I'm a bit curious, how many signatures? 80%? 90%?
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2015, 11:40:33 AM »

It's hard, but not impossible.
To reach the goal, we need the majority of the regions, so we need a majority in at least 3 regions. Possible.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2015, 11:41:01 AM »

50% in at least 3 regions
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2015, 11:42:43 AM »

Well then Tongue
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2015, 11:43:11 AM »

that's the same thing that inks said about my balanced budget amendment. we'll never know until we try.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2015, 11:43:40 AM »

So, we need from a minimum of 44 signatures to a maximum of 62.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2015, 11:45:50 AM »

To reach the goal, we need the majority of the regions, so we need a majority in at least 3 regions. Possible.
We can do it if, we work really hard. Heck, we have 5 signatures from the Northeast in less than 24 hours. This, is the only thing that might work, the amendment probably won't pass the senate and if it does it won't pass the people. If you care about the future of Atlasia, that allowed all of you old timers to do it, why don't let us newbies have a chance.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2015, 11:55:05 AM »

We can do it if, we work really hard. Heck, we have 5 signatures from the Northeast in less than 24 hours. This, is the only thing that might work, the amendment probably won't pass the senate and if it does it won't pass the people. If you care about the future of Atlasia, that allowed all of you old timers to do it, why don't let us newbies have a chance.

I dunno. Inexpirience with the game, probably? Plus a lot of the people, if any, came in between 2011-2013. Cranberry, IIRC, came in 2014.

Anyways,  I'm actually starting to understand why we probably should kill the game anyways. While there's a load of support, there is possibly triple the amount of opposition. A lot of people want this to keep on going , however more people want to see this world burn. I say lock this forum up, archive it, and toss out the key.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2015, 01:11:11 PM »
« Edited: July 05, 2015, 01:21:34 PM by Barnes »

Perhaps taking the big jump is nesecary now.

I've thought for a long time that what a game like this needs is an actual "victory mechanism." Whereby people win the simulation either through numeric victory, or rounds are set to a certain time limit. Each simulation can be created with a different government system and style which would certainly help to counter this endless repetition and inactivity.

That's just me musing, of course, and I can see that such an idea would take quite a dedicated and consistently active group of players.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2015, 01:19:07 PM »

I've thought for a long time that what a game like this needs is an actual "victory mechanism." Whereby people win the simulation either through numeric victory, or rounds are set to a certain time limit. Each simulation can be created with a different government system and style which would certainly help to counter this endless repetition and inactivity.

That's just me musing, of course, and I can see that such an idea would take quite a dedicated and co sisterly active group of players.

that's an interesting idea. start over entirely once a year, with all laws, constitutions, and convictions dropped.

somehow i doubt you're gonna find a big "sisterly" group of players though.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2015, 01:20:03 PM »

I've been talking about a radical change for years. There was never enough will to try, but we obviously reached the point when something big must be done. Otherwise, it's repeating the same cliche all over again.,
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2015, 01:21:00 PM »

^Ha! That should be consistently. Drat, Auto-Correct!

And I very much doubt we can find a sisterly group on here!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies