The Constitutional Convention is a Trap
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:52:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Constitutional Convention is a Trap
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Constitutional Convention is a Trap  (Read 1233 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 05, 2015, 10:51:36 AM »

As I have noted in other threads, the call for a constitutional convention is a trap that will inevitably lead us down the cyclical road to nowhere. Please ignore all calls for a constitutional convention, as they are inevitably calls for King Yankee to reign supreme over the surface modification of the old Atlasia, albeit with fewer regions or quirky titles for officeholders.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 10:54:37 AM »

Again... this is the only way.
If we want a reset, a new start the only way is a Constitutional Convention that changes the things that are not working.
No grammatical changes, but RADICAL CHANGES. There are a lot of things that are not working. The regions, the legislative system, the GM question, the relationship between regions and federal government, the federal government, the elections.
If we want to make radical changes on these issues, a Consitutional Convention is the only way.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 10:55:27 AM »

As I have noted in other threads, the call for a constitutional convention is a trap that will inevitably lead us down the cyclical road to nowhere. Please ignore all calls for a constitutional convention, as they are inevitably calls for King Yankee to reign supreme over the surface modification of the old Atlasia, albeit with fewer regions or quirky titles for officeholders.
Yankee doesn't even support a Constitutional Convention. So stop telling lies, your a major reason why people quit, you want to it to be your way or the highway.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 10:56:20 AM »

Yankee doesn't even support a Constitutional Convention. So stop telling lies, your a major reason why people quit, you want to it to be your way or the highway.

Who are you?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 10:57:47 AM »

Senator how do you defend radical change while condemning a Constitutional convention??
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 10:58:55 AM »

Senator how do you defend radical change while condemning a Constitutional convention??

I wish this were Dank Atlas so I could 'like' this post
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 11:13:40 AM »

Who said anything about socks? Seems like you might be a bit on edge. Are you one of Wolfentoad 2.0's real life buddies he invited to vote for him on here?
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 11:16:48 AM »

Who said anything about socks? Seems like you might be a bit on edge. Are you one of Wolfentoad 2.0's real life buddies he invited to vote for him on here?
Who is Wolfentoad 2.0
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 11:27:27 AM »

Those who think a constitutional convention will change things must also believe that gay marriage is the reason the divorce rate among straights is so high in America.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2015, 11:36:24 AM »

I have a question, mainly for TNF.

Exactly what other options do you have in mind? As far as I can see it, killing Atlasia and making a clean slate are two different things. Could you possibly convince me otherwise? I'm sort of confused.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2015, 04:06:37 PM »

TNF would you support it if we can stack the connstitutional convention with enough leftist delegates to enact full communism now
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2015, 06:11:12 PM »

Apparently Yankee derangement syndrome has reached a point they have to make fabriciations in public to promote their falacies instead of keeping them to the realm of PMs.

I haven't commented one wayo r another on this issue for the same reason that Griffin often avoids public comment lest it be associated one way or another and causes people to make opinions based on what I support and not the matter itself. Ironically, that doesn't matter, a position of my own has been fabricated in the minds of the obsessed. 

To give you my actual thoughts on a Constitutional Convention, I am cautiously optimistic that it could work, but the historyi s not on its side.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2015, 06:15:45 PM »

Without a Constitutional Convention, just how to do plan to reform Atlasia? There is no other legal proceess by which to change the system on this scale.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2015, 06:20:26 PM »

tl;dr
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2015, 06:23:11 PM »

I am not against a convention either. No matter what position I take, it will be used against the Convention itself as has already been attempted in the absence of my stating such.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2015, 06:29:17 PM »

So I have endorsed a convention? Endorsed consolidation? Endorsed crazy name changes? And embraced the insanely conservative approach to the GM that I have condemned for six years and all the while I was asleep this morning and early afternoon.

Call the Mods, because I must have been hacked. Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2015, 10:05:23 PM »

A Constitutional Convention will go nowhere. As it was before, so it will be again.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2015, 03:42:07 AM »

This obsession you have over Yankee is a little disturbing...

I'm picturing TNF stubbing his toe and saying "thanks, Yankee!" in the same fashion a conservative caricature would say "thanks, Obama!"

On a more serious note, outside of his penchant for revolution, nothing the Governor is saying is revolutionary at all. Everything he said other than the Yankee nonsense was basically just said by PiT.

A convention won't bring along "radical change" unless a consensus is agreed to it. Last I checked, that's called "democracy."
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2015, 10:33:16 AM »

TNF:

IT'S A TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2015, 10:36:58 AM »

A Constitutional Convention will go nowhere. As it was before, so it will be again.

This exactly. But so far no one has come up with any "plan" to fix the game or even change it. A ConCon will not engage many people because most don't care to write legal language into a constitution. If we change the game to a parliamentary style game, we'll have literally no one wanting to participate in that.

We first need to determine what the goals are of a "new" Atlasia and go from there.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2015, 11:20:28 PM »

A con con might provide an organized platform for debating these things though, Duke. If we abolish Atlasia first, there will be no organization for anything. People will do their own thing. You could end up with five different games, or fifteen. October will look like a picnic.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2015, 11:29:25 PM »

I would say the trap of dinosaurs is the one being started and led by people who been here five and three years, not the one being led by a guy who joined last week.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2015, 08:20:33 PM »

^^^^

Historically change in this place happens when one single proposal gets brought up and it gets argued over enough to actually make it happen. Constitutional conventions in this place without an incredibly narrow focus (like Purple State's was, which was just essentially "Here's our idea, make it work, okay done") are just a big wankfest.

Obviously though randomly dissolving this place with no actual plan for what to do is equally stupid.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies