If Atlas Fantasy Elections and Fantasy Government folded..........
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:02:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  If Atlas Fantasy Elections and Fantasy Government folded..........
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If Atlas Fantasy Elections and Fantasy Government folded..........
I would still remain active on the Atlas board

I would not remain active on the Atlas board

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Author Topic: If Atlas Fantasy Elections and Fantasy Government folded..........  (Read 1616 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 05, 2015, 06:24:33 PM »

If Atlas Fantasy elections and Fantasy Government folded..........

I would still remain active on the Atlas board

I would not remain active on the Atlas board

Please vote and discuss.

Thank you.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 07:35:07 PM »

That place is still going?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 07:40:23 PM »

I would still remain active (sane, normal, etc)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 08:34:51 PM »

Yes, but some would say it is just barely limping along.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 08:39:55 PM »

Absolutely. It had a good run - other political simulations I have played didn't last nearly as long.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 08:52:39 PM »

Ftfy. No seriously. I proposed an idea to keep it going after I would deregister, and all anyone seems to do, save athree or four people, want too simply let it die a disgraced death. Then again, it wasnt all that graced anyways. The only reason I havent left is because Im trying to kill it as fast as possible. Even if my attempts are 10000% in vain
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 09:20:52 PM »

Ftfy. No seriously. I proposed an idea to keep it going after I would deregister, and all anyone seems to do, save athree or four people, want too simply let it die a disgraced death. Then again, it wasnt all that graced anyways. The only reason I havent left is because Im trying to kill it as fast as possible. Even if my attempts are 10000% in vain

Why must it be killed before you leave? If you don't like it, fine, but why destroy it and take it away from someone who might join tomorrow and actually like it?
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 09:27:05 PM »

Why must it be killed before you leave? If you don't like it, fine, but why destroy it and take it away from someone who might join tomorrow and actually like it?

Isnt that our oppositions goal? Mind you our most active allies number only up to 5, and our opposition is at least double, as well, much more bipartisan.

Plus, as far as I can tell, it's dead, Yank Sad
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 09:40:09 PM »

Isnt that our oppositions goal? Mind you our most active allies number only up to 5, and our opposition is at least double, as well, much more bipartisan.

Plus, as far as I can tell, it's dead, Yank Sad

In Atlasia, nothing ever dies, it'll rise again. Atlasia, shall rise again Mr. Enderman. Smiley

This game is all about how badly you want something. You want it, if you are hungry for it, you will get it it one way or another. The same applied to the RPP, applies to the Federalist Party now and applies to Atlasia as a whole as well.

This game will rise again as long as it survives the now rather overt desires of some to burn it down on their own way out the door and people are determined to play it.

You cannot save Atlasia. You don't save a video game. You don't save a chess board. You play Call of Duty and you play Chess. Atlasia will be saved when people decided to play it, just like any other game. Even if such isn't possible now (it is even if most don't realize it), then leave it to limp, as if the game board has been put in the closet until the Friday night sleep over when the little brother or son pulls it out, wipes the dust off and starts playing it.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2015, 10:00:18 PM »

However Yankee, one can play various games, like Monopoly, Apples to Apples, or Cards Against Humanity. Though this means nothing when the players have no whatsoever interest in the game, and new players that join are confused by the rules that the previous players laid out.

Atlasia is a lost cause because the players have changed it so much, AND a good portion of them don't care and would rather see it burn than try to restart by having a convention.

The game isn't dead because it killed itself, it's dead because a majority of the players want it dead.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2015, 10:22:36 PM »

However Yankee, one can play various games, like Monopoly, Apples to Apples, or Cards Against Humanity. Though this means nothing when the players have no whatsoever interest in the game, and new players that join are confused by the rules that the previous players laid out.

Atlasia is a lost cause because the players have changed it so much, AND a good portion of them don't care and would rather see it burn than try to restart by having a convention.

The game isn't dead because it killed itself, it's dead because a majority of the players want it dead.

Then we need to politely encourage them to leave without destroying it for everyone else. I want everyone in this game or many as possible, but when all that is desired is to destroy it then I think they should leave until they desire to play it again.

Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2015, 10:39:05 PM »

Then we need to politely encourage them to leave without destroying it for everyone else. I want everyone in this game or many as possible, but when all that is desired is to destroy it then I think they should leave until they desire to play it again.

If you really think that you can convince them to stop what they are doing, then first of all, that's amazing, and secondly, go for it! Ask them to please stop trying to get in the way of reforms, ask them to stop stalling the momentum that the Spirit of Atlasia is trying to push for.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2015, 10:57:13 PM »

If you really think that you can convince them to stop what they are doing, then first of all, that's amazing, and secondly, go for it! Ask them to please stop trying to get in the way of reforms, ask them to stop stalling the momentum that the Spirit of Atlasia is trying to push for.

Frankly at the end of the day it doesn't matter what reforms are passed because Blair was right. The game has to be played. If reforms encourage people to jump back in because of the newness then fine, but it is that playing of the game, not the reforms themsleves that will be what turns the game around.

If we determine to insist on 1) The games survival, and 2) that it be reformed in a way consistent with improving it, then we cannot and will not fail. It all comes down to determination. There is no way that destroying the game first  is going to achieve those results, especially when so many people pushing for such want the game to die.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2015, 11:22:47 AM »

Eraserhead has really shot this place in the gut, hasn't he?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2015, 11:57:04 AM »

Atlasia's was a mess long before Eraserhead and Hockeydude started trying to kill the forum.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2015, 12:37:10 PM »

Fair enough, but it was after started that it really went into galloping senility.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2015, 12:40:56 PM »

Honestly.
One of the biggest reasons I'm still here is because there is Atlasia. If there wasn't Atlasia, I guess I would be most of my time on AAD.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2015, 01:07:33 PM »

I'm a bit confused as to the point of this thread. If one does not like Atlasia, don't play. If one does, do. It's the same with AAD, and visa versa. If one likes it, post there. If one doesn't, don't. If one does not like Atlas, don't post here. Atlasia and AAD are similar, in the sense that the Cave has both on ignore, although I suppose a Mod might take notice of a vicious personal attack in Atlasia, perhaps.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2015, 02:01:07 PM »

Atlasia's was a mess long before Eraserhead and Hockeydude started trying to kill the forum.

Just because my beautiful creation commands my internattention does not mean I'm trying to kill anything.   The quality of discourse over there is reaching profound levels. 
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2015, 03:34:14 PM »

I would remain active.  Only a very small portion of my posts are on the fantasy elections/government section.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2015, 05:10:18 PM »

Honestly, Atlasia helped keep me on the forum in a more active fashion for the past three years or so - I came back a few months before I started playing it due to the goofy GOP trainwreck in 2011, but had never really been consistently active between 2004-2011. It's embarrassing what percentage of my posts are on those boards. Up until recently, I would have said "yes, I'd stick around", but combining such a loss of it and the invention of AAD would for all intents and purposes severely reduce the time I spend here.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies