The People's Party - Special Chairman Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:54:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Party - Special Chairman Election
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: The People's Party - Special Chairman Election  (Read 6729 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2015, 11:18:09 AM »

How about instead of joining Labor we'll unite into, let's say, The People's Labor Smiley
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2015, 12:15:14 PM »

How about instead of joining Labor we'll unite into, let's say, The People's Labor Smiley

I actually don't have a problem with this. It will give more validity to TPP members in elections and, considering both parties are losing members in mass, it will be nice to have a large, functioning lefty party that has enough members to survive.

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2015, 01:54:08 PM »

I have never believed in merging parties. If people in The Party want to join Labor, that's fine with me, I won't step in and tell them not to do it. I think the best course of action is just to dissolve and let the pieces fall where they may.

I do imagine a large portion of our members will go to the Labor Party, but I'm sure there are some here that won't, and that's OK too.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2015, 01:57:24 PM »

If the TPP ends up dissolving, I'm going to start the Pizza Party.

not kidding
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2015, 08:47:44 PM »
« Edited: July 07, 2015, 09:11:23 PM by Senator Polnut »

There are those of us who believe still in TPP and it's clear values and principles. They are different to other parties and while there is definitely sympathy and in some cases a broad progressive ideological common-ground. We are different and I join Duke in saying if you wish to join Labor, that's your call and I hope you consider carefully. But we need an effective party system - we're already virtually back in the pre-dissolution days, a merger or mass exodus would guarantee it.

If those wish TPP to end, that's the democratic nature of parties. They change and evolve in tune with its active membership. I'm nothing more than a member, but I still believe in the values and policies of this party and I'm not comfortable being absorbed into the behemoth that is Labor.

If the party votes to dissolve, then I will be becoming an Independent. 
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2015, 04:50:46 AM »

Obviously, I'm not joining the Labor Party.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2015, 11:16:08 AM »

There is two routes we can go with this party. Obviously, we have lost about 40% of our membership to the ANUS Party, a party where I suspect most of the members are unaware of what this party intends to propose, myself included, but if we wish to continue, we can and use our collective influence to at least try to shape policy in Atlasia going forward, if we can agree on a basic structure for how we want to see the game change.

If we chose to remain together, Sawx or myself can try to lead us forward. Considering the events of this week have pulled me out of retirement, I am happy to lend a hand in any capacity I can.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2015, 11:22:13 AM »

So did the TPP vote to dissolve or stay together?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2015, 11:30:10 AM »

I don't think voting has ended yet.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2015, 11:48:33 AM »

Does it require the majority of all members or just the majority of those who have voted?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2015, 12:43:06 PM »

Does it require the majority of all members or just the majority of those who have voted?

I really don't know. Our original bylaws from 2012-2013 did not have any provision for dissolution, but I think that has been added since then. I don't know where to find a copy. I only have the relevant documents from the time I chaired the old Party.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2015, 01:06:15 PM »

Well I guess we'll figure out soon enough!
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2015, 02:35:30 PM »

Vote ends tomorrow
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2015, 06:03:37 PM »

No on dissolution.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2015, 09:41:03 PM »

I'm not sure if I can do this. If I can do so; I would like to change my vote for an ABSTENTION. I have not been one of the most active members of TPP and I don't believe that I have a moral right to participate on such an important decision.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2015, 08:17:46 AM »

3 Ayes so far

2 nays

2 abstain
pikachu
United States

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2015, 06:31:55 PM »

No on dissolution if voting is still open. This party has been my only political home in Atlasia, and I still believe it has its use in this time of radical change.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2015, 06:48:07 PM »
« Edited: July 09, 2015, 06:55:09 PM by Duke »

If we do remain intact, I want us to work tirelessly and diligently to not only be a part of the discussions of this county going forward, but to lead on the issue. That's what this party is all about. We are an organic thinktank for ideas, and we must lead this country into its future, for the good of The People!

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2015, 07:25:39 PM »

No on dissolution if voting is still open. This party has been my only political home in Atlasia, and I still believe it has its use in this time of radical change.

Voting closed at 5:45.

However, that doesn't make a difference. With 3 ayes, 2 abstentions, and 2 nays, the dissolution vote has failed.

We're still in business.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2015, 10:15:35 PM »

This is a time for a probable restructure of the Party and a whole boost of activity. I'm thinking over ways over how to help the Party. Could we call an emergency Party Convention to discuss the paths of TPP? There is a lot to discuss about our Platform in my humble opinion.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2015, 10:39:51 PM »

I'd be happy to participate in a party convention. After all, we've seen a lot of changes to this party in the last few days.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2015, 10:41:14 PM »

This is a time for a probable restructure of the Party and a whole boost of activity. I'm thinking over ways over how to help the Party. Could we call an emergency Party Convention to discuss the paths of TPP? There is a lot to discuss about our Platform in my humble opinion.

Agreed.

While The Party has voted to continue it's work, we remain in a state of crisis as a political institution. In the last week alone we've lost over a third of our membership to an anarchist outfit founded by our former chairman, while others have left us for various joke parties. Our last Senator is set to retire at the end of next month, and of those who voted on the dissolution question, less than 30% were in favor of carrying on.

If we are to remain a viable political force, we must have an aggressive strategy to make up the ground we've lost. It's heartening to see that Duke has entered the fray once again - at this point, he might be the one person who can turn TPP around. As Polnut and others have said, The Party has the real potential to emerge as the voice of reform in the current crisis, but we can't do that with only a half dozen active members and a dwindling pool of officeholders.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2015, 11:39:48 PM »

Agreed.

While The Party has voted to continue it's work, we remain in a state of crisis as a political institution. In the last week alone we've lost over a third of our membership to an anarchist outfit founded by our former chairman, while others have left us for various joke parties. Our last Senator is set to retire at the end of next month, and of those who voted on the dissolution question, less than 30% were in favor of carrying on.

If we are to remain a viable political force, we must have an aggressive strategy to make up the ground we've lost. It's heartening to see that Duke has entered the fray once again - at this point, he might be the one person who can turn TPP around. As Polnut and others have said, The Party has the real potential to emerge as the voice of reform in the current crisis, but we can't do that with only a half dozen active members and a dwindling pool of officeholders.

While I agree with you, I don't believe that's an appropriate tone or reflection of the sentiment of the actions of our former Chair who has undertaken remarkable work for this party, nor the vast majority of those who are members of this other grouping.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2015, 11:40:56 PM »

As would I.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2015, 03:02:04 PM »

Agreed.

While I agree with you, I don't believe that's an appropriate tone or reflection of the sentiment of the actions of our former Chair who has undertaken remarkable work for this party, nor the vast majority of those who are members of this other grouping.

I agree. While I was disappointed to see Oakvale leave The Party and take a third of our members with him, I am still proud of the job he did as chairman of The Party and have nothing but fond memories working with him dating back to the first run in 2013.

While I wish he had kept The Party intact and used it as a machine for reform, that didn't happen, so we must march forward without him and those who left us for his new party. I hope no one attacks the job he did as chairman. We need to focus our attention on shaping the debate and actively participating in what is to come.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies