The People's Party - Special Chairman Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:03:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Party - Special Chairman Election (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The People's Party - Special Chairman Election  (Read 6765 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: July 06, 2015, 09:47:01 AM »

If we are serious about dissolving atlasia, we need to dissolve The Party. I don't want it to become what the Liberal Party was - a walking shell of its former self.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 10:47:29 AM »

I move we dissolve The Party given our former chairman took a chunk of our members and formed his own party. We have had a good run, but I don't want to see us flounder around until we eventually die.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 02:57:11 PM »

We all need to be out. Let's dissolve this party with what little dignity it has left. The People weep at what has happened, but it's time They let this game die in peace.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 03:33:21 PM »
« Edited: July 06, 2015, 03:34:57 PM by Duke »

I should note that, while there is no doubt in my mind that Sawx would lead The People with distinction, I am feeling rather pessimistic about our future as a party. For some time now, TPP has been loosing relevance on the national stage; now, with the defections of a number of our oldest members, including the former Chair of this great party, we risk loosing our Regional influence as well. Even our founder, Duke, has come to the opinion that the time has come to bid this effort good night. While a part of me wants to defiantly ignore this suggestion, it would be foolish to pretend that the present crisis has no effect on our viability as a political force. The fact that both our chairman and our highest-ranking officeholder defected to an anarchist outfit in 24 hours' time does not bode well for us. Unless someone has a brilliant game plan going forward, I'm inclined to agree with Duke that it's time for The Party to end.

There is no path forward. Our chairman essentially planned to form his own party while chairing this party and then left, laughably claiming he didn't intend to destroy this party/no longer wanted to lead a major party, and then proceeds to take with him about a third of our membership base to form his own new, major party. While this party has always been my favorite thing about this game, when someone does that to you, it's basically giving you the middle finger.

I could stick around and fight, but I don't have it in me to do it anymore, and it's extremely disappointing to see people I've trusted most of my career give me the finger. If we, as a party, wanted to discuss where to go in the future with Atlasia, that would have been fantastic. I have supported for much longer than a lot of people change, real change, in this game, but not going about it as these.

As it stands, even if the dissolution group fails and those who joined it have no where to go, they will not be welcome back into The People's Arms, so I see no reason to drag The Party forward given so many have decided to ditch it.

It's sad too. This Party could have led the fight to change Atlasia, as I always envisioned it would, but instead those in charge decided they'd rather make it about themselves.

This is a huge reason why this game is where it is today. Now I fully understand why no one wants to play this anymore.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 04:48:03 PM »

I third the motion.

Let's end this while we still have some dignity and respect.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 04:48:50 PM »

Aye
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 01:54:08 PM »

How about instead of joining Labor we'll unite into, let's say, The People's Labor Smiley

I have never believed in merging parties. If people in The Party want to join Labor, that's fine with me, I won't step in and tell them not to do it. I think the best course of action is just to dissolve and let the pieces fall where they may.

I do imagine a large portion of our members will go to the Labor Party, but I'm sure there are some here that won't, and that's OK too.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 11:16:08 AM »

There is two routes we can go with this party. Obviously, we have lost about 40% of our membership to the ANUS Party, a party where I suspect most of the members are unaware of what this party intends to propose, myself included, but if we wish to continue, we can and use our collective influence to at least try to shape policy in Atlasia going forward, if we can agree on a basic structure for how we want to see the game change.

If we chose to remain together, Sawx or myself can try to lead us forward. Considering the events of this week have pulled me out of retirement, I am happy to lend a hand in any capacity I can.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2015, 11:30:10 AM »

I don't think voting has ended yet.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 12:43:06 PM »

Does it require the majority of all members or just the majority of those who have voted?

I really don't know. Our original bylaws from 2012-2013 did not have any provision for dissolution, but I think that has been added since then. I don't know where to find a copy. I only have the relevant documents from the time I chaired the old Party.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 06:48:07 PM »
« Edited: July 09, 2015, 06:55:09 PM by Duke »

If we do remain intact, I want us to work tirelessly and diligently to not only be a part of the discussions of this county going forward, but to lead on the issue. That's what this party is all about. We are an organic thinktank for ideas, and we must lead this country into its future, for the good of The People!

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 10:39:51 PM »

I'd be happy to participate in a party convention. After all, we've seen a lot of changes to this party in the last few days.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2015, 03:02:04 PM »

This is a time for a probable restructure of the Party and a whole boost of activity. I'm thinking over ways over how to help the Party. Could we call an emergency Party Convention to discuss the paths of TPP? There is a lot to discuss about our Platform in my humble opinion.

Agreed.

While The Party has voted to continue it's work, we remain in a state of crisis as a political institution. In the last week alone we've lost over a third of our membership to an anarchist outfit founded by our former chairman, while others have left us for various joke parties. Our last Senator is set to retire at the end of next month, and of those who voted on the dissolution question, less than 30% were in favor of carrying on.

If we are to remain a viable political force, we must have an aggressive strategy to make up the ground we've lost. It's heartening to see that Duke has entered the fray once again - at this point, he might be the one person who can turn TPP around. As Polnut and others have said, The Party has the real potential to emerge as the voice of reform in the current crisis, but we can't do that with only a half dozen active members and a dwindling pool of officeholders.

While I agree with you, I don't believe that's an appropriate tone or reflection of the sentiment of the actions of our former Chair who has undertaken remarkable work for this party, nor the vast majority of those who are members of this other grouping.

I agree. While I was disappointed to see Oakvale leave The Party and take a third of our members with him, I am still proud of the job he did as chairman of The Party and have nothing but fond memories working with him dating back to the first run in 2013.

While I wish he had kept The Party intact and used it as a machine for reform, that didn't happen, so we must march forward without him and those who left us for his new party. I hope no one attacks the job he did as chairman. We need to focus our attention on shaping the debate and actively participating in what is to come.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2015, 12:17:13 AM »

Did we have a chairman? Last I heard he left The Party.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2015, 01:19:08 AM »

He was banned?! What happened? We're a party with no captain now
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2015, 06:43:42 PM »

Sawx was apparently banned so we are without a Chairman or vice chairman. This is great Cheesy
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2015, 03:39:30 PM »

Sorry guys, but I think it's all over.

I move to hold a dissolution vote.

We already held one and it failed. I don't think we can hold another one a week later.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2015, 04:27:29 PM »

Sorry guys, but I think it's all over.

I move to hold a dissolution vote.

We already held one and it failed. I don't think we can hold another one a week later.

you don't think that the loss of sawx is a change significant enough to merit a revote?

Naw

If anything, there would be a large No vote, since Sawx was among those arguing for disbandment.

Well, I advocated dissolution too, but that was likely out of a moment of weakness. As long as Polnut and the rest want to keep going, I will stick around and do my best to move The Party forward and position it to lead this game forward as best I can.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2015, 03:04:28 PM »

I'm happy to see pikachu hold the NE for The Party. I guess that means we still have some fight left in us. Brighter days are surely ahead, we just have to drink this koolaid and keep believing.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2015, 10:50:43 AM »

Also:

Chairman
1. Duke

Vice chairman
1. Polnut

Secretary
1. Truman
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2015, 11:59:24 AM »

I am going to assume our vote has ended, yes?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2015, 10:16:34 AM »

I will speak more at length in a bit, but I want to thank everyone for entrusting me with the Reigns of The People once again. We might be in the doldrums now, but thankfully there's nowhere to go but up.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2015, 02:19:11 AM »

Excellent.

Also, is there a government still in charge of Atlasia? Did bore resign as well? I checked the senate and there was like 3 active bills and a stale bag of chips on the floor.

My first task as chairman is to figure out who's still alive in this post apocalyptic world.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2015, 06:30:05 PM »

Alright friends,

Truman missed the ballot, but it's imperative that we all call our mothers, fathers and siblings to go out and WRITE IN TRUMAN for Senate. I don't know many people more capable than him, and it would be a crying shame if he failed to make it.

So vote early, vote often and vote for Truman. It's important The Party holds this senate seat no matter how dire the state of Atlasia is at the moment.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2015, 09:34:22 PM »

Well guys, what is it going to be? Do we want to register as progressives or centrists?
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies