The People's Party - Special Chairman Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:49:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Party - Special Chairman Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The People's Party - Special Chairman Election  (Read 6739 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: July 06, 2015, 11:48:15 AM »

I second Sawx for Chair and Simfan (assuming Darthebearnc has dropped out) for Vice Chair.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 03:19:49 PM »

I should note that, while there is no doubt in my mind that Sawx would lead The People with distinction, I am feeling rather pessimistic about our future as a party. For some time now, TPP has been loosing relevance on the national stage; now, with the defections of a number of our oldest members, including the former Chair of this great party, we risk loosing our Regional influence as well. Even our founder, Duke, has come to the opinion that the time has come to bid this effort good night. While a part of me wants to defiantly ignore this suggestion, it would be foolish to pretend that the present crisis has no effect on our viability as a political force. The fact that both our chairman and our highest-ranking officeholder defected to an anarchist outfit in 24 hours' time does not bode well for us. Unless someone has a brilliant game plan going forward, I'm inclined to agree with Duke that it's time for The Party to end.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 04:35:29 PM »

Yep. I think it's time for a dissolution vote.

With deep regret, I second this motion.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 05:06:47 PM »

Aye.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 10:41:14 PM »

This is a time for a probable restructure of the Party and a whole boost of activity. I'm thinking over ways over how to help the Party. Could we call an emergency Party Convention to discuss the paths of TPP? There is a lot to discuss about our Platform in my humble opinion.

Agreed.

While The Party has voted to continue it's work, we remain in a state of crisis as a political institution. In the last week alone we've lost over a third of our membership to an anarchist outfit founded by our former chairman, while others have left us for various joke parties. Our last Senator is set to retire at the end of next month, and of those who voted on the dissolution question, less than 30% were in favor of carrying on.

If we are to remain a viable political force, we must have an aggressive strategy to make up the ground we've lost. It's heartening to see that Duke has entered the fray once again - at this point, he might be the one person who can turn TPP around. As Polnut and others have said, The Party has the real potential to emerge as the voice of reform in the current crisis, but we can't do that with only a half dozen active members and a dwindling pool of officeholders.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 10:06:20 PM »

Sorry guys, but I think it's all over.

I move to hold a dissolution vote.

We already held one and it failed. I don't think we can hold another one a week later.

you don't think that the loss of sawx is a change significant enough to merit a revote?

Naw

If anything, there would be a large No vote, since Sawx was among those arguing for disbandment.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 05:24:09 PM »

I say we continue with the leadership elections. If others want to leave The Party, they are free to do so, but holding another vote on dissolution so soon after the first one failed wastes time and, frankly, is undemocratic.

Here are the nominations that have been made so far:

FOR CHAIR             Harry S Truman (pikachu)
FOR VICE CHAIR     Polnut (Simfan)
FOR SECRETARY     Harry S Truman (Simfan)

I nominate Duke for Chair, second the nomination of Polnut for Vice Chair, and accept the nomination of myself for Secretary. 
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 08:31:25 PM »

Time for a vote?
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 06:38:11 PM »

For Chairman
[X] Duke

For Vice Chairman
[X] Polnut

For Secretary
[X] Harry S Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 09:22:17 PM »

Are we still voting, or is Duke officially Chair?
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2015, 02:12:26 PM »

Bore is still in office as far as I know, but I've heard little from him recently. In the Mideast, our Governor (Windjammer) and four of the five Representatives are fairly active, though Lt. Governor Franzl and freshman Rep. Progressive Realist are both MIA.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2015, 10:06:54 PM »

I would recommend we register as centrists, for two reasons. First, The Party is more or less evenly divided between center-right members (Simfan, RFayette) and center-left members (Pikachu, myself). Registering as "progressive" would seemingly disavow the former. Second, there are currently no other parties registered as "centrist" with the DoFE, so this would guarantee that TPP has a seat at the table.

Either way, we need to make a decision quickly: it's possible that the deadline has already passed.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2015, 10:14:38 PM »

I suppose it's time we had ourselves a convention, boys.

When will this start?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies