The People's Party - Special Chairman Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:02:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Party - Special Chairman Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The People's Party - Special Chairman Election  (Read 6764 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: July 07, 2015, 08:47:44 PM »
« edited: July 07, 2015, 09:11:23 PM by Senator Polnut »

There are those of us who believe still in TPP and it's clear values and principles. They are different to other parties and while there is definitely sympathy and in some cases a broad progressive ideological common-ground. We are different and I join Duke in saying if you wish to join Labor, that's your call and I hope you consider carefully. But we need an effective party system - we're already virtually back in the pre-dissolution days, a merger or mass exodus would guarantee it.

If those wish TPP to end, that's the democratic nature of parties. They change and evolve in tune with its active membership. I'm nothing more than a member, but I still believe in the values and policies of this party and I'm not comfortable being absorbed into the behemoth that is Labor.

If the party votes to dissolve, then I will be becoming an Independent. 
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 06:03:37 PM »

No on dissolution.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 11:39:48 PM »

This is a time for a probable restructure of the Party and a whole boost of activity. I'm thinking over ways over how to help the Party. Could we call an emergency Party Convention to discuss the paths of TPP? There is a lot to discuss about our Platform in my humble opinion.

Agreed.

While The Party has voted to continue it's work, we remain in a state of crisis as a political institution. In the last week alone we've lost over a third of our membership to an anarchist outfit founded by our former chairman, while others have left us for various joke parties. Our last Senator is set to retire at the end of next month, and of those who voted on the dissolution question, less than 30% were in favor of carrying on.

If we are to remain a viable political force, we must have an aggressive strategy to make up the ground we've lost. It's heartening to see that Duke has entered the fray once again - at this point, he might be the one person who can turn TPP around. As Polnut and others have said, The Party has the real potential to emerge as the voice of reform in the current crisis, but we can't do that with only a half dozen active members and a dwindling pool of officeholders.

While I agree with you, I don't believe that's an appropriate tone or reflection of the sentiment of the actions of our former Chair who has undertaken remarkable work for this party, nor the vast majority of those who are members of this other grouping.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 03:38:36 AM »

For the last time Windy, no. Leave us be.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 08:07:59 PM »

I will accept the nomination. Understanding that I intend to significantly scale back my Atlasian activity once my Senate term ends.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 12:02:22 AM »

Chairman
1. Duke

Vice chairman
1. Polnut

Secretary
1. Truman
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2015, 05:03:33 PM »

I am resigning as Vice Chair of The People's Party (I believe this is where we landed?) effective immediately.

I wish the Party that I once led well. We need strong and engaged leadership, I cannot be that. I urge at the upcoming convention to seek out leadership that is indeed active and hands-on.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies