NV-Sen: Rep. Joe Heck is in
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:16:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NV-Sen: Rep. Joe Heck is in
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: NV-Sen: Rep. Joe Heck is in  (Read 4240 times)
CountryClassSF

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 06, 2015, 12:20:26 PM »

WASHINGTON — Nevada Republican U.S. Rep. Joe Heck said Monday morning he is running for the U.S. Senate, becoming the leading GOP candidate so far in the 2016 race to succeed retiring Sen. Harry Reid, D-Nev.

Announcement video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxnyp2k9cQQ
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 03:07:53 PM »

Sweet!   Dems hold a Senate seat and pick up a House seat
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 08:02:14 PM »

Don't be so confident. Heck is battle-tested and moderate, while Masto has never had a tough race before. In terms of the house seat, Senate Majority Leader Michael Roberson (R) is expected to run, and he'll be no pushover.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 09:42:57 PM »

You already know where this is going.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 09:48:31 PM »

They're free to continue the strategy that got them crushed in 2014 if they want
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 10:08:35 PM »

Terri Lynn Land Part 2. Lol.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 10:08:53 PM »
« Edited: July 06, 2015, 10:16:41 PM by Sawx, King in the North »

>2 point loss in a single-issue campaign against one of the best recruits of the cycle

>crushed

condom haters gonna hate
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 10:15:15 PM »

Im not talking just about Colorado but in several senate and gubernatorial elections Dems ran accusing their opponents of a "war on women" but lost because only a small amount of (albeit sometimes deep-pocketed) idiots will base their votes only on the abortion issue. If you dissagree you can ask governors Mary Burke and Wendy Davis

>2 point loss in a single-issue campaign against one of the best recruits of the cycle

>crushed

condom haters gonna hate
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 10:32:21 PM »

>crushed

condom haters gonna hate
Im not talking just about Colorado but in several senate and gubernatorial elections Dems ran accusing their opponents of a "war on women" but lost because only a small amount of (albeit sometimes deep-pocketed) idiots will base their votes only on the abortion issue. If you dissagree you can ask governors Mary Burke and Wendy Davis

I was implying that Michael Roberson wanted to ban condoms like Gardner did
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 12:57:07 AM »

>crushed

condom haters gonna hate

Again, Personhood does not ban condoms!
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2015, 02:13:11 AM »

So sad for the condom manufacturers of the U.S. that so many republicans want to take away their livelihood Sad
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2015, 12:15:11 PM »

>crushed

condom haters gonna hate

Uhm... do you know that Senator Gardner sponsored a Senate Bill that want to make birth control pills easier to afford and more accessible?
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2015, 12:20:03 PM »

Make that two House seats. Crescent Hardy only won in a D+4 district because nobody turned out to vote. With a presidential turnout, Hardy is a goner, just like Bob Dold in D+8 IL-10
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2015, 12:40:10 PM »

You all are a bunch of liberal hacks. Heck is the best candidate the GOP can get behind and they have a far better chance of winning this seat because of it. Don't let yourselves fall into the trap of thinking Republicans can't win this race. Remember 2014.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2015, 12:45:50 PM »

Make that two House seats. Crescent Hardy only won in a D+4 district because nobody turned out to vote. With a presidential turnout, Hardy is a goner, just like Bob Dold in D+8 IL-10

Hardy will survive as long as Lucy "I love abortion!" Flores is the dem. Nominee. Also, with Kirk likely to win IL-10 comfortably even in a 4, 5 point statewide loss, Dold is hardly a guranteed loser unless Kirk has no coattails.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2015, 12:57:34 PM »

NV Democrats are barely paying any attention to Heck's district - all of the good recruits are aiming at a run in NV-4 (Hardy's district). Roberson should be fine, Lean R for NV-3.

As for the Senate seat - I'd give Masto a narrow advantage, but Heck is the strongest recruit the GOP has put up so far, I wouldn't be surprised if he picked this one up even with a Democrat win in Nevada.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2015, 01:12:15 PM »

>crushed

condom haters gonna hate

Uhm... do you know that Senator Gardner sponsored a Senate Bill that want to make birth control pills easier to afford and more accessible?

That bill also makes women pay for their birth control instead of insurance, which makes it actually harder to afford. I've been following this because my senator is also sponsoring it and I'm disgusted that she wants to take away my condoms
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2015, 01:21:27 PM »

>crushed

condom haters gonna hate

That bill also makes women pay for their birth control instead of insurance, which makes it actually harder to afford. I've been following this because my senator is also sponsoring it and I'm disgusted that she wants to take away my condoms

Which brings up the question of why birth control, in particular, has to be free. Even if we accept it as an essential thing for a women to have access to, the obvious counterargument is that other prescriptions that are essential for some people, such as allergy medication, antibiotics, and insulin injections, don't come with a guranteed copay of $0. I agree that Birth Control should be avaliable and affordable, but I don't understand why it is the one drug that the left insists is absolutely free for everyone, including those who can afford to make a 10, 20 dollar copay without any problem.

PAK Man

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2015, 02:06:00 PM »

NV Democrats are barely paying any attention to Heck's district - all of the good recruits are aiming at a run in NV-4 (Hardy's district). Roberson should be fine, Lean R for NV-3.

Keep in mind that most of them passed when Heck was still running for reelection. It wouldn't surprise me if at least a couple of them decided to move back to NV-03 now that Heck isn't the incumbent there.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2015, 02:31:05 PM »

Heck is a good recruit for Republicans in this race, but similar to Murphy in Florida, this is a gamble. Masto won't be easy for him to beat, and now his district is in play.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2015, 04:34:28 PM »

Which brings up the question of why birth control, in particular, has to be free. Even if we accept it as an essential thing for a women to have access to, the obvious counterargument is that other prescriptions that are essential for some people, such as allergy medication, antibiotics, and insulin injections, don't come with a guranteed copay of $0. I agree that Birth Control should be avaliable and affordable, but I don't understand why it is the one drug that the left insists is absolutely free for everyone, including those who can afford to make a 10, 20 dollar copay without any problem.

They tried making medicine free. Then traitors in the caucus sold the American people out to Big Insurance and they had to only keep the birth control part.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2015, 04:40:41 PM »

>crushed

condom haters gonna hate

Generally the concensus among leftists is that all drugs and healthcare should be free.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2015, 04:47:39 PM »

They tried making medicine free. Then traitors in the caucus sold the American people out to Big Insurance and they had to only keep the birth control part.

Ah, Okay.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2015, 04:49:52 PM »

The difference between 2014 and 2016 is one was a midterm and the other is a presidential year. It's harder to lie about one's record in a presidential year, like Gardner did when he said he is pro-choice, when he really is not.

Heck isn't Sharron Angle, that's about all I'll say.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2015, 02:29:28 AM »

>crushed

condom haters gonna hate

Again, Personhood does not ban condoms!

My representative in my college's CD spearheaded a plan that gave Ugandan priests money for condom burnings under the guise of sex ed so I'm more willing to believe that personhood supporters want to ban condoms
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies