Aside from Griffin, Yankee, and Windjammer... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:18:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Aside from Griffin, Yankee, and Windjammer... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Aside from Griffin, Yankee, and Windjammer...  (Read 2072 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« on: July 07, 2015, 05:11:53 AM »

It's pretty clear that this game is not working as the old times.
But, at least for me, killing it is not the solution. A lot of things needs to be changed. The Constitution needs to be changed. The Senate tried to change it with various amendements, that were rejected by the Senate itself or by the regions.
Now there aren't excuses. It's time to change the Constitution and... I don't want to be repetitive, but the only way is a Constitutional Convention. I know that in the past there was a ConCon that, according to most of you, has not worked well, but I'm sure that this time would be different.
The number of regions needs to be changed. A ConCon can do it, inserting new clauses in the Constitution that allows to change boundaries or, as I'd prefer, with the Constitution selecting the new regions map and insert it in the Constitution (it would require short time than the first idea).
A ConCon would change our legislative system. A ConCon would change the election sytem. A ConCon would change the relationship between federal and regional governments.
This is the last call. We can do something now or we can let this game die.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 05:50:27 AM »
« Edited: July 07, 2015, 05:52:47 AM by Senator Cris »

But, at least for me, killing it is not the solution. A lot of things needs to be changed. The Constitution needs to be changed. The Senate tried to change it with various amendements, that were rejected by the Senate itself or by the regions.
Now there aren't excuses. It's time to change the Constitution and... I don't want to be repetitive, but the only way is a Constitutional Convention. I know that in the past there was a ConCon that, according to most of you, has not worked well, but I'm sure that this time would be different.
The number of regions needs to be changed. A ConCon can do it, inserting new clauses in the Constitution that allows to change boundaries or, as I'd prefer, with the Constitution selecting the new regions map and insert it in the Constitution (it would require short time than the first idea).
A ConCon would change our legislative system. A ConCon would change the election sytem. A ConCon would change the relationship between federal and regional governments.

The problem is we need to identify what's actually broken-we can't go to a concon with no idea what we're actually going to fix
- Number of regions --> the current number is enough. There are difficulties to fill regional legislatures.
- Legislative sytem (Senate, also bicameralism can be discussed) --> a reduction of number of regions would lead to a change in the Senate. We can discuss about At-Large seats and why not about bicameralism.
- Elections system --> At-Large elections (expecially elections for 5 seats) are not working.
- Relationship between regions and fed govt, powers denied to regions.

These are the fundamental things, IMHO, and I'm sure that changes on these thing would be important and fundamental. But I'm sure there will be debates about the Cabinet, impeachment and other things.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 10:54:48 AM »

The problem is we need to identify what's actually broken-we can't go to a concon with no idea what we're actually going to fix
- Number of regions --> the current number is enough. There are difficulties to fill regional legislatures.
- Legislative sytem (Senate, also bicameralism can be discussed) --> a reduction of number of regions would lead to a change in the Senate. We can discuss about At-Large seats and why not about bicameralism.
- Elections system --> At-Large elections (expecially elections for 5 seats) are not working.
- Relationship between regions and fed govt, powers denied to regions.

These are the fundamental things, IMHO, and I'm sure that changes on these thing would be important and fundamental. But I'm sure there will be debates about the Cabinet, impeachment and other things.

I proposed many of those things in a memorandum in October 2013. I nearly was primaried by my own party (at the time) in favor of a troll candidate because I dared to support overhauling Atlasia because, as many said, "regions are fine, they're fine now and will continue to be fine in the future. I won't vote for Duke because he's in bed with Liebor and they just want to ruin the game." The memo is still online. Anyone can go read it.

All of those things are decent ideas, and I applaud that you're proposing something concrete, since no one else has done so.
Thanks for your kind words. I know that you worked hard to change something (I remember the Bicameral Birthing Amendment and I supported it).
I hope you'll add your signature at the petition. I know that the ConCon has not worked well in the past, but this time it would be different. Really, I think it's the only way. Dissolving Atlasia is not the right way. A ConCon can replace parts of Constitution that are not working.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies