Aside from Griffin, Yankee, and Windjammer... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:28:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Aside from Griffin, Yankee, and Windjammer... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Aside from Griffin, Yankee, and Windjammer...  (Read 2099 times)
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« on: July 07, 2015, 08:32:00 PM »

I joined Atlasia a little over four years ago. From then until now, these sorts of conversations have perpetually cropped up arguing how badly things have declined. There is something of an ebb and flow certainly, but I don't think the overall sum of the contributions to this place really have changed that much. Heck, back then we certainly had fewer total people registered (and yes, back then there was still complaint about non-contributing zombies; that is not a new problem). Some regions were pretty much entirely defunct back then but have since had a renaissance.

One thing I definitely have noticed is an increase in the complexity of bills and events in the game. This is good in some ways and bad in others. It's good, for instance, in that there really isn't much point in passing spending laws without having a semi-realistic budget bill to pay for them. It's good in that there are some really awful old bills that make no sense at all. I do think the quality has gone up some. But the downside is that more complicated means more time. This place can sometimes be like that new boardgame your friend buys that is supposed to be really fun but never gets played because it takes 4 hours to set up and the rule book is 200 pages long. That's the downside to complexity. It means there are a lot of offices someone who is as busy these days as I have been the past year just can't run for. I am a little perplexed though at people who will refuse to run for regional legislature seats; you can do that job in half an hour a week if you budget your time sensibly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies