Prediction: will Iran be a nuclear power in the next ten years? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:22:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Prediction: will Iran be a nuclear power in the next ten years? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: Prediction: will Iran be a nuclear power in the next ten years?  (Read 823 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 07, 2015, 11:00:35 AM »

South Africa doesn't really compare to Iran so much as it compares to Israel in a world where they somehow manage to use diplomacy to be 100% safe from their neighbors
wtf?

In what world do you live in where Israel is 100% safe from it's neighbors?  And diplomacy is what keeps it that way?!  HA!

Unless I'm missing an angle or it's a joke.....I don't know.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 02:47:32 PM »

South Africa doesn't really compare to Iran so much as it compares to Israel in a world where they somehow manage to use diplomacy to be 100% safe from their neighbors
wtf?

In what world do you live in where Israel is 100% safe from it's neighbors?  And diplomacy is what keeps it that way?!  HA!

Unless I'm missing an angle or it's a joke.....I don't know.

Do you think Egypt or Syria are dangers to Israel? Because three wars in the past 60 years say otherwise. If anything, Syria is a threat because of its weakness, not its strength.
Threats to it's existence?  No, not at all.  Threats to peace?  Obviously.  Threats to individual Israelis?  Youbetcha.
The long and short of it, South Africa was in a wildly wildly different situation that isn't really comparable at all.
Obviously.  But I think some people get bonus points every time they tie Israel to apartheid era S.Africa, it doesn't have to make sense (it never does).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies