Dissolving Atlasia Amendment (Voting Open)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:01:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Dissolving Atlasia Amendment (Voting Open)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Dissolving Atlasia Amendment (Voting Open)  (Read 3429 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2015, 11:45:52 PM »

Thats well and good Mr. Al, but this isn't 2004.

Atlas Fantasy Elections is not a novel concept, that people joined to together to form. It is a previously existing game, problem ridden to be sure, that will have been completely dismantled. And then to expect the same group of players to agree on a process seems rather naive at best. People will split over what path to take, or what the new game should look like and nothing will happen.

Right now you have a game that has objectively worked in the past and could work again with reform. The very reason why reform has been difficult to achieve is not because there is some evil other group, I could play that same game too regarding your friends. The reason is that there are legitimate differences over what this game should look like. If you think those differences will vanish with the current game, then you are kidding yourself. Dissolving the game only to have gridlock, division and wild men doing their own thing thereby preventing the very promised "novel creation as if it were 2004 all over again", is not going to save this game, it will destroy it. Destruction, permenent destruction is the only thing that waits these methods.

For all your talk of zombies I am glad that we still have a Duke, a Marokai and a PiT who would have at points counted as such after years of active contribution, they grew disinterested. Some have their interest rekindled, by a desire to play it, or some shock event like the three above.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2015, 12:37:14 AM »

People who rail against zombies usually make certain exceptions. Experience has taught me that those exceptions are basically arbitrary.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2015, 12:15:32 PM »

I mean, my concern is that we could scrap it and then spend 6 months trying to work out what to want. And even if we did, we'd create a new country with new parties but the same old faces would try and control it. The same problems, in my view would still be there

Tbh if we want something really challenging then make ourself a new country in Southern Africa in the 1980's, when it was really impossible to govern.

That sounds fun. A country or the country, though?
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2015, 12:21:54 PM »

I think it's time for a final vote.
I'll vote against it.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2015, 01:31:02 PM »

I mean, my concern is that we could scrap it and then spend 6 months trying to work out what to want. And even if we did, we'd create a new country with new parties but the same old faces would try and control it. The same problems, in my view would still be there

I agree. There is a problem, but simply reseting thing won't accomplish anything beside making ourselves feel good for a moment. It's a f**king easy way out and we need something better than an easy way out.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2015, 03:40:59 PM »

I don't think anyone in the Senate would be voting for this would they?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2015, 02:53:27 AM »

This was why I never introduced legislation myself as Emperor in the South. If nobody will introduce it for you, good luck getting it passed.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2015, 05:42:04 PM »

This was why I never introduced legislation myself as Emperor in the South. If nobody will introduce it for you, good luck getting it passed.

It was a point I used to make whenever there was a push for allowing the President to introduce stuff directly to the Senate. If a Senator cannot be so much as brough to introduce it for you, its probably not going to find six people willing to vote for it.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2015, 07:20:44 AM »

Motion of a final vote.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2015, 07:22:16 AM »

Motion seconded.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2015, 08:04:41 AM »

A final vote is now open, since there appears to be no objection. Senators have 48 hours to vote
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2015, 08:14:11 AM »

Nay
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2015, 10:45:59 AM »

Nay
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2015, 12:54:17 PM »

The pathetic and sclerotic nature of this regime is so self-evident here. The people clearly want change, and yet you vote to continue this decrepit, bourgeois regime. Let it die, or risk overrun by the revolutionary workers of the Midwest.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2015, 12:59:10 PM »

The pathetic and sclerotic nature of this regime is so self-evident here. The people clearly want change, and yet you vote to continue this decrepit, bourgeois regime. Let it die, or risk overrun by the revolutionary workers of the Midwest.
We will risk it; the people are against communism and the death that it causes, we want capitalism and freedom not communism and death good luck you'll never get support!!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2015, 01:52:30 PM »

NAY

There is no clear process evident of anyway that any out of game process will manage to gather respect enough to produce a recreated Atlasia.

This notion that this game cannot be reformed from within is ludicrous. And this notion that the President after spending two weeks in utter silence doing nothing before coming to the conclusion nothing can be done is laughable. Had he had on reforming in game from the start, we might have a convention by now, or serious moves towards consolidation either in the Senate or the region. But now, nothing, hardly a peep of leadership from this President.

That things have degenerated activity wise is because this whole discussion has frozen the game, so of course things will get even worse over that two week people until the reform happens or people start to resume making them oves to play the game. The Burn everything down crowd is not stupid though, they know that the onyl chance they have for success is to prohibit playing the game as is so that people will be forced to take their approach.

Its the classic my way or the way approach from the Rimjob 2.0 crowd. Take a hostage and threaten to kill it. Its childish, its lame and its time they reevalutate their priorities and participation in this game if they littarly take it so seriously as to do that.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2015, 01:59:56 PM »

Typical treasonous conduct from the Senator for Buncombe.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2015, 02:04:14 PM »

I have never been to Buncombe

So now we know your definition of treason. Disagreeing with the almighty Al, is now a capital crime. Good to know.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2015, 02:08:37 PM »

Someone please bring him to court
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2015, 03:13:40 PM »

Nay
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2015, 03:30:07 PM »

Nay

Btw, Al and Yankee, you guys are great Purple heart Carry on.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2015, 06:55:57 PM »

Aye

I agree with Bore's speech.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2015, 09:54:48 PM »

Nay

Not this bill at this moment.  Too much going on atm.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2015, 10:33:31 PM »

Nay

This vote is not valid. As Snowguy716 never swore in for his term, he was never officially constituted as a Senator for the Midwest. My appointment of him back when I resigned was thus conditional upon him assuming the office. That he did not means that any and all votes cast by him thus far are totally invalid.

As the legally appointed Senator of the Midwest, I vote Aye on this legislation.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2015, 01:34:11 AM »

Nay

This vote is not valid. As Snowguy716 never swore in for his term, he was never officially constituted as a Senator for the Midwest. My appointment of him back when I resigned was thus conditional upon him assuming the office. That he did not means that any and all votes cast by him thus far are totally invalid.

As the legally appointed Senator of the Midwest, I vote Aye on this legislation.
LOL.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies