Nomination of Dkrol as GM
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:14:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Nomination of Dkrol as GM
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Nomination of Dkrol as GM  (Read 1023 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 09, 2015, 02:38:38 PM »

As per President Bore's wishes Former Speaker Dkrol has been nominated to the position of General Moderator. The Senate will be able to ask questions to Dkrol, and later vote on whether or not to confirm him
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 02:48:59 PM »

OK.

Being a former GM myself, I'd primairly like to know whether you're familiar with the previous stories and if you're intending to carry on with uninifhed developments.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 03:36:33 PM »

OK.

Being a former GM myself, I'd primairly like to know whether you're familiar with the previous stories and if you're intending to carry on with uninifhed developments.

I know what was going on, yes. I read Izvestia and the Dept. of the Game Moderator rather regularly. I think that the biggest, specific loose threads that I would tackle in the early days of my tenure would be the North Korea "Is Kim Jong Un dead". Other than that, I think most loose ends have been tied up (i.e. the Pacific, Mike Retrosmith).
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 03:57:32 PM »
« Edited: July 09, 2015, 04:06:26 PM by Senator and Deputy SoEA Kalwejt »

OK.

I know what was going on, yes. I read Izvestia and the Dept. of the Game Moderator rather regularly. I think that the biggest, specific loose threads that I would tackle in the early days of my tenure would be the North Korea "Is Kim Jong Un dead". Other than that, I think most loose ends have been tied up (i.e. the Pacific, Mike Retrosmith).

Alas, I fear I've left more loose ends, that already involved the administration. I hope you won't forget those Wink

Three more things:

1. Would you please elaborate on what approachment are you intenting to take in developing new storylines?
2. Are you going to publish uneployment numbers on a regular basis?
3. Are you intending to work in a frequent contact with the administration and regional authorities?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 04:20:20 PM »

OK.

Alas, I fear I've left more loose ends, that already involved the administration. I hope you won't forget those Wink

Three more things:

1. Would you please elaborate on what approachment are you intenting to take in developing new storylines?
2. Are you going to publish uneployment numbers on a regular basis?
3. Are you intending to work in a frequent contact with the administration and regional authorities?

1. Let me quote yourself, from your confirmation hearing to this position: " I'm intending to be both innovative and realistic, so don't expect stuff like 'Chinese invades California' from me." I plan to follow a similar philosophy.

2. Yes. I am refreshing myself on my macroeconomics at the moment to ensure my abilities in this field.

3. Yes.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 05:10:50 PM »

Do you promise to stand strong against the hecklers, who brought a tragic end to the reign of the previous GM?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 05:16:51 PM »

Do you promise to stand strong against the hecklers, who brought a tragic end to the reign of the previous GM?

I believe that I have proven through my various bids for elected office that I can hold my own against hecklers. See: my prior relationship with Kal.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 09:26:09 PM »

Going beyond just withstanding the hecklers, how does the balance between a creative GM and retaining substantial respect from the Atlasian public at-large play out?

Also do you think it possible to be both creative to retain the necessary respect so that your storylines are not ignored yet can still drive the game in a considerable fashion?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2015, 03:39:40 AM »

1.) What game experience do you have that makes you suited to the role?
2.) How far do you think the powers of the GM should go?
3.) Do you support ending Atlasia?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2015, 05:37:42 AM »

As GM, I have instituted a policy of being open to individual citizens' suggestions and ideas for developments. Are you intending to take similar approach?

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2015, 03:26:20 PM »

Going beyond just withstanding the hecklers, how does the balance between a creative GM and retaining substantial respect from the Atlasian public at-large play out?

Also do you think it possible to be both creative to retain the necessary respect so that your storylines are not ignored yet can still drive the game in a considerable fashion?

The GM is the game's central engine. There is built in respect to the office, but it takes being a) reasonable and b) responsible to maintain that. Meaning no completely outlandish scenarios. Creative and outlandish are two separate camps.

I do think it is possible to be creative and retain respect.

1.) What game experience do you have that makes you suited to the role?
2.) How far do you think the powers of the GM should go?
3.) Do you support ending Atlasia?

1) Experiences from this game? I've served as a NE Rep. and NE Speaker, as well as running for President and At-Large Senate twice. Experiences from other games? Most recently, I've served as the Player Coverage and Media Response Administrator on Virtual America, a US Senate sim.

2) The GM makes the game run. I think part of the reason that the Dissolve Atlasia Movement has gained so much traction is because there was no GM to move other topics along. The GM, in my opinion, effectively serves as God for the game and should have the most authority when compared to any other office.

3) I support the move for a Constitutional Convention to propose radical change to Atlasia.

As GM, I have instituted a policy of being open to individual citizens' suggestions and ideas for developments. Are you intending to take similar approach?

I will.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2015, 03:37:24 PM »

sorry for the barrage, I saw a comment saying the problem is that the GM doesn't do enough to follow up with results. As a GM would you do this-say for example if the Senate cut food stamps would you put in a storyline that showed the effects?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2015, 03:47:24 PM »

sorry for the barrage, I saw a comment saying the problem is that the GM doesn't do enough to follow up with results. As a GM would you do this-say for example if the Senate cut food stamps would you put in a storyline that showed the effects?

I welcome the questions.

On Virtual America, that was my job. I intend to do such as GM.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2015, 05:07:12 PM »

I'm satisfied with the answers and I'll vote to confirm Krol.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2015, 05:32:52 PM »

I'm satisfied with the answers and I'll vote to confirm Krol.

I thank you for your confidence in my abilities.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2015, 11:49:48 PM »

This Virtual America you mention, you said it was a US Senate sim? Could describe in brief how it would function. I would presume that laws were passed and you would generate the consequences. Were there any more aspects of your roll and to the game as a whole?
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2015, 05:20:04 AM »

I'm ok with the nominee and with his answers. I will vote to confirme DKrol.
I'm sure that DKrol will do a very good job as GM.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2015, 07:17:24 AM »
« Edited: July 11, 2015, 08:16:48 AM by GM-designate DKrol »

This Virtual America you mention, you said it was a US Senate sim? Could describe in brief how it would function. I would presume that laws were passed and you would generate the consequences. Were there any more aspects of your roll and to the game as a whole?

Virtual America is, in essence, Atlasia - without the regions. Most players are Senators, with a President, Vice President, and Cabinet Officers. Laws are debated and passed and they have consequences on America.

My official role as an Admin was to look at the player's actions and simulate the American Media's response. However, I took on several other roles - because we had just reset the game and many new frameworks had to be set - and served as Acting Chief Admin (essentially the GM of the game) for a period. I'm currently playing the game as a Senator from Virginia, who's serving as Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

A link to Virtual America: Here
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2015, 07:46:04 AM »

The nominee seems qualified. Therefore I move for a final vote. This game needs an active GM and the vacancy was long enough.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2015, 07:50:44 AM »

I think there's a 72 hour wait
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2015, 07:55:52 AM »

That's why we have a Speaker: to correct the lowly freshmen like myself.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2015, 09:10:19 AM »

That's why we have a Speaker: to correct the lowly freshmen like myself.

haha the key word is 'think'-I cant' seem to find the SOAP so I'm just doing what Talley and Windjammer did before
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2015, 02:24:28 PM »

I'm ok with the nominee and with his answers. I will vote to confirme DKrol.
I'm sure that DKrol will do a very good job as GM.

I thank you for your confidence my abilities.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2015, 03:44:38 PM »

I'll be voting to confirm Dkrol tomorrow
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2015, 10:13:33 PM »

I'll be voting to confirm Dkrol tomorrow

I thank you for your confidence in my abilities.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies