Northeast Senate Special Election, July 2015 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:22:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Voting Booth (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Senate Special Election, July 2015 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Northeast Senate Special Election, July 2015  (Read 3227 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 09, 2015, 11:01:14 PM »

This booth will open on July 9 at 23:59:59 EST and close on July 12 at 23:59:59 EST - voting before this time will invalidate your ballot.

This voting booth is for the special election to elect one Northeast Senator.

Votes for offices in this region are cast using PR-STV.  Voters who wish to preference more than one candidate should allocate a first preference for a candidate by marking a [1] in the space provided by that candidate's name, and proceeding to number as many preferences as they desire by marking a [2], [3], etc for as many candidates as they so desire.

A vote will be counted so long as the voter that casts it is eligible to vote in this election and casts a formal ballot. A vote is formal so long as it contains numbered preferences with no duplicate numbers. A ballot containing Roman Numerals is considered formal. A ballot in which candidates have been ranked a,b,c, etc is considered formal so long as no letter has been repeated, and so long as a single candidate has been ranked a, for as long as the letters are consecutive with no duplicate letters. A ballot is formal if the CJO can determine the intent of the voter without interviewing that voter.

Per past practice, write-in votes are only counted for a candidate if he or she publicly declares a willingness to receive write-in votes for the relevant office before the polls close in the Candidate Declaration Thread or writes in his or her own name on the ballot for the said office.

Votes for "NOTA" or "None of the Above" for any office are formal regardless of the preference assigned to it. Should a voter preference "NOTA" as well as other candidates, only his vote for "NOTA" will be counted.

For the referendum, you may only select one of the two options (Aye or Nay).

[quote]
Official Ballot
Northeast Senate
To fill one seat

[  ] Clyde1998 (Labor - Massachusetts)
[  ] rpryor03 (Civic Renewal - New Jersey)
[  ] Write-in: ____________________
[  ] None of the Above
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 09:25:34 PM »

1. rpryor03
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 11:29:34 PM »
« Edited: July 13, 2015, 01:50:43 AM by Sawx, King in the North »

Antineutrino's vote invalid due to not meeting activity requirements

39 votes/(1 seat up+1)+1=15.5

rounds down to quota=15

since Dallasfan did not write himself in or declare an acceptance of write-ins, his preferences get bumped down.

14 rpryor
15 clyde
1 EX

According to our election laws, we must do a count of second preferences. The result of this count is:

7 rpryor
6 clyde
17 EX/NA

Therefore, I can hereby certify that rpryor03 has been elected to the Atlasian Senate, representing the Northeast.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 11:20:28 AM »

The vote from HockeyDude should be disqualified as he has used the voting booth to make a comment.

The voting booth is for voting only.

IIRC the voting booth only prohibits campaigning in it. I personally don't consider "Clyde, bitches" to be campaigning.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 12:04:19 PM »

"Bitches" is not commentary.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 01:02:19 PM »

I am not talking about campaigning.

I am talking about any commentary or comments whatsoever.

Anything other than voting.

So you're talking about something irrelevant as far as the law is concerned. You're making comments in here right now!

In case you haven't noticed, the voting is over.

Anyway, and this is for you too Sawx, anything besides a vote in the voting booth during the election is not allowed.

And "_______, bitches" is not campaigning in a voting booth. HockeyDude's vote is valid. End of discussion.

You have a problem, take it up with the court or in my office.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies