NE2: Competitive Elections Amendment (passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:38:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NE2: Competitive Elections Amendment (passed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: NE2: Competitive Elections Amendment (passed)  (Read 1105 times)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2015, 07:27:18 PM »

Pikachu, you are acting Governor now. I assume we'll have to hold a special election for Governor around this week too.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2015, 09:29:15 PM »

Pikachu, you are acting Governor now. I assume we'll have to hold a special election for Governor around this week too.

If/when it passes the Assembly, this Amendment will not be on the ballot until August, concurrent with the regularly scheduled Assembly elections.  The deadline for putting it on the July ballot has passed.   One technical question I'll have to resolve if/when I am CJO is what happens if it passes is does it go into effect in August or October?  I think it has to be the latter, as we can't be holding elections under uncertain rules, but will try to see if there are any precedents.

I have to check the timing to be sure, but I think the Lt. Governor voted on this before he became Acting Governor, so his vote should be counted.

The special election for Governor will be held next Friday-Sunday, concurrent with a vote on the one constitutional amendment that beat the ballot deadline.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2015, 05:13:20 AM »

this has passed the assembly 5-0 and will be presented to the people.

If/when it passes the Assembly, this Amendment will not be on the ballot until August, concurrent with the regularly scheduled Assembly elections.  The deadline for putting it on the July ballot has passed.   One technical question I'll have to resolve if/when I am CJO is what happens if it passes is does it go into effect in August or October?  I think it has to be the latter, as we can't be holding elections under uncertain rules, but will try to see if there are any precedents.

I have to check the timing to be sure, but I think the Lt. Governor voted on this before he became Acting Governor, so his vote should be counted.

The special election for Governor will be held next Friday-Sunday, concurrent with a vote on the one constitutional amendment that beat the ballot deadline.

i should think it'd be october. the august election would already be over by the time it's passed, right?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2015, 12:00:58 PM »

this has passed the assembly 5-0 and will be presented to the people.

i should think it'd be october. the august election would already be over by the time it's passed, right?

Yes.  Both elections would be certified at the same time - this amendment and the August Assembly elections.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies