2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:51:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20
Author Topic: 2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5  (Read 55877 times)
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: September 15, 2015, 09:38:55 AM »

Gary Locke..... has proposed a debate between Haslam and Cruz..... because Locke is frankly tired of the arguments..... but..... he will not be biased...
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #351 on: September 15, 2015, 09:43:08 AM »

Bob Ehrlich - Endorsements of Round 3

"It's time for someone that can appeal to all political sides. Both me and Bob did that. And if we want to take the Americans's confidence again, the only viable candidate is a common-sense candidate, not an extreme candidate. And Governor Bob Ehrlich is that common-sense candidate." -- U.S. Senator Susan Collins (R-ME)

"America wants a President that speaks the truth, a President with a strong record of reform. Bob Ehrlich has a strong record. He rejected tax increases proposed by one of the most liberal legislatures in our country. He created jobs. He balanced the budget. That's a conservative record and if we want to make our country great again, Bob is the right candidate." -- Governor Paul LePage (R-ME)

"To be Lieutenant Governor of Vermont and if you want to get a major office here, you need to be a person with a strong message, supported by a strong record, that reasonate with all voters. Bob is that kind of candidate and I'm proud to support him and help him to win here in Vermont" -- Lieutenant Governor Philip Scott (R-VT)

"I have been Chairman of the New Hampshire Republican Party and I've met a lot of presidential candidates. I've met with 2016 candidates too and I can tell you that Bob Ehrlich is the real deal. He is a strong candidate, with a strong message, a strong record and with the power of winning twice in New Hampshire, in both primary and general election" -- Former NH GOP Chairman Wayne MacDonald (R-NH)

"Minnesota will have a big role in this primary season. Minnesota is a Super Tuesday state and I'll help Bob to win here. He is the right choice for Minnesotians and they will demonstrate that when they'll vote, giving Governor Ehrlich a major win and more momentum" -- Former Governor Tim Pawlenty (R-MN)

"Bob Ehrlich took bold stances on education when he was Governor of Maryland. When Bob was Governor, a lot of new schools were constructed and the other schools were fully renovated. He did a lot for Maryland colleges. This is a strong record and you can trust him." -- Former U.S. Senator Judd Gregg (R-NH)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #352 on: September 15, 2015, 09:58:11 AM »

Bob Ehrlich TV AD - A Positive Vision for America

To air in the following states:

Bob Ehrlich speaks to camera:

"There are candidates that are spending their time attacking me, saying that I'm not a real conservative.
I'm running a positive campaign on a positive vision for America. I'm running a campaign based on my ideas for our country and on my record. When I was Governor of Maryland, we created 100.000 private sector jobs. We balanced the budget. We said no to tax increases. We reduced unemployement. We opened new schools. We made education a priority. We protected our environment.
It's time for a candidate with a conservative record, not just words, it's time for a candidate of principles. It's time for a candidate that can spread our message between all voters, it's time for a candidate that can win in November. I'm that kind of candidate and that's why I'm asking for your vote.
I'm Bob Ehrlich and I approve this message."
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #353 on: September 15, 2015, 04:27:19 PM »

Gary Locke..... has proposed a debate between Haslam and Cruz..... because Locke is frankly tired of the arguments..... but..... he will not be biased...

Governor Haslam would be open to such a debate.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #354 on: September 15, 2015, 05:46:26 PM »

Okay ! Now we wait for Cruz.... if a debate is held, the debate will be held in Woodcreek High School.... Roseville California.....
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #355 on: September 15, 2015, 06:19:32 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: BUDDY ROEMER LEAVES GOP RACE, EXPLORING REFORM PARTY BID

"Today, i had to make a tough decision. We've been watching the polls closely here at HQ and it appears that we're not only behind just about every other GOP contender, and their big special interest money makes it hard for me to catch up. This corrupt primary system relies too much on money for my tastes, so I'm dropping out of the GOP race and will give some time to test the waters for a Reform Party bid for the presidency. Citizens United has made it impossible for a candidate unbeholden to PACS and Wall Street to win. It's quite clear that what Ross Perot emphasized nearly 25 years ago still applies. We need to shrink bureaucracy and cut spending while protecting poor Americans and tackling trade imbalance. The Obama years have failed us, but I'm afraid the Cruz, Ehlrich, Kasich, Locke, or Gore years will fail us too. I'll still gladly participate in the healthcare forum, because at the end of the day, I'm here for the American taxpayer, not my own political gain. As I continue my exploratory efforts, I'll be releasing statements analyzing the remaining candidates' plans. I ask that my endorsers stick with me until I make a final decision on the Reform Party run."
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #356 on: September 15, 2015, 06:21:08 PM »

Okay ! Now we wait for Cruz.... if a debate is held, the debate will be held in Woodcreek High School.... Roseville California.....
Cruz accepts.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #357 on: September 15, 2015, 06:46:20 PM »
« Edited: September 15, 2015, 07:19:30 PM by tmthforu94 »

Ted Cruz Round 4 Endorsement Requests
- Alaska Senator Dan Sullivan
- Arkansas Senator Tom Cotton
- Iowa Senator Joni Ernst
- Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin
- Texas Senator John Cornyn
- Texas Governor Greg Abbott
- Former US General David Petraeus
- Former US General Stanley A. McChrystal
- NRA President James Porter
- Celebrity Chuck Norris

Cruz Radio Advertisement: New Leadership

The Cruz campaign has released the following radio advertisement, which will run in the following states:

I'm Ted Cruz, Republican candidate for President. I'm going to do something to government. I'm going to make it simpler, smaller, and smarter. Getting rid of unnecessary programs, turning others back to states, and making the rest more efficient. I will repeal and replace Obamacare. It is a moral imperative that we have a government that spends less than it takes in - we need a president who can balance budgets. I'm a pro-life, pro-gun and pro-family kind of Republican, and I approve this message, because America needs a president who will get the job done.

Cruz Television Advertisement: Energy

The Cruz campaign has released the following television advertisement, which will run in the following states:

When it comes to energy, President Obama and the Washington establishment are all talk, no action. I'm an outsider, so I'm okay with stepping on some toes to eliminate excessive regulations, reopen our oil and gas fields, and build the Keystone Pipeline. As your president, I will create thousands of good, energy jobs - it is about time we do so.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #358 on: September 15, 2015, 07:01:00 PM »
« Edited: September 15, 2015, 08:48:55 PM by tmthforu94 »

Ted Cruz on the Stump:

Well, it looks like we've entered the spin zone when it comes to Governor Ehrlich's record as governor. Let me set the record straight: the day before he lost reelection as Maryland Governor, Governor Ehrlich's campaign mailed numerous fliers to African-American homes in Prince George's County, Maryland, which was titled "Ehrlich-Steele Democrats Official Voter Guide." It was designed as a sample Democratic ballot which endorsed Ehrlich, along with a number of Democratic politicians. It was a deliberate effort to win over voters in this predominantly Democratic, African-American area of the state by trying to mislead them to think Bob Ehrlich was a Democrat. Four years later, his campaign manager was convicted on four counts for attempting to suppress the African-American vote.

Ehrlich is right - he was never convicted on any counts. But these efforts show a complete lack of leadership and judgement if he surrounded his campaign by such individuals. Governor Ehrlich's campaign tried on two separate occasions to mislead and suppress African-American voters. That's not how my campaign will operate - I will seek to win over African-American voters by talking with them, hearing their concerns, and spreading the message that conservative economics work. That is how we will start winning the African-American vote, not by suppressing and misleading them.

- Ted Cruz, speaking to voters in Augusta, Georgia

I will be released a detailed tax plan in the coming days that outlines how I plan to get our nation's pocketbook in order. It is absolutely imperative that we work towards balancing the budget - I will do that by a mixture of tax cuts and cutting government waste. We have to cut back in order to grow - we have a high percentage of Americans who have either dropped out of the workforce or are being underpaid. This is unacceptable - Obamanomics are not working.
- Ted Cruz, speaking to voters in Mobile, Alabama

I'm pro-life, pro-guns, and pro-family. I have an A+ voting record according to both the NRA and National Right to Life. I support religious freedom and oppose any attempt by the government to trample on our religious liberties. I get criticized by my opponents for saying this, but I'll keep on saying it: I am the most conservative candidate in this race, and I will win. Because you and I know that you can't win the General Election without the conservative movement behind you. We are building a grassroots campaign, here in Iowa and across this great country, and together we will win this nomination and the White House!
- Ted Cruz, speaking to voters in Dubuque, Iowa

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #359 on: September 15, 2015, 07:18:25 PM »

Ted Cruz Campaign Strategy: A Look Inside
After spending most of the latter parts of 2016 running a "national strategy", Cruz will start specifically focusing on leadoff states in the coming weeks. After just finishing off a tour of early southern states, Cruz will be spending the next two weeks focusing on four states: Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada. During that time he will be deploying surrogates to all Super Tuesday states, as well as more relevant ones in the leadoff states.

Iowa - Having a strong network of support in almost all of Iowa's 99 counties, Cruz is primarily focused on building organization in the state. Having acknowledged that between the high name recognition of both Cruz and Branstad, Cruz's efforts at this point will be focused on preparing supporters on how to caucus while also rallying those who are undecided (either on whether or not to caucus or whether or not to support Cruz) to head out on caucus day. Cruz will be relying on a network of state leaders he has supporting him, which is primarily lead by former SoS Matt Schultz, Congressman Steve King, and Family Leader CEO Bob Vander Plaats. He will also continue making a final push to secure the endorsement of Senator Joni Enrst.

New Hampshire - The Cruz campaign privately acknowledges that they are behind in New Hampshire, but they aren't worried as long as they remain within striking distance. Cruz knows that he probably won't be able to win New Hampshire unless he gains momentum from winning Iowa, but he is still prepared to contest New Hampshire regardless. Cruz has already hosted a series of town hall events and will continue to do so, knowing that Granite State voters like the face-to-face interactions.

Nevada - While Nevada has been ignored by most of the candidates, Cruz has consistently invested considerable resources in the state, visiting it more than any other candidate while also making investments in the state's infrastructure and advertising. Cruz knows that Nevada is a crucial state for him, especially if he loses Iowa and New Hampshire, so his campaign will continue pulling all of the stops to make sure Nevada is Cruz Country on election night.

South Carolina - While Governor Haslam has made inroads in the south, Senator Cruz remains confident about his chances in South Carolina and the rest of the south. With the establishment vote largely split between Haslam, Kasich and Ehrlich, Cruz knows that the south is his strongest region of support. Senator Tim Scott, along with Congressmen Joe Wilson and Mark Sanford, have fully committed to the campaign and will be surrogating throughout the next month to ensure that South Carolina's delegates vote for Ted Cruz.

Everywhere Else - Cruz will continue placing ads in other early voting states. While other candidates have their regions of strengths, Cruz is employing a risky but ambitious strategy: contest all fifty states. Cruz has named a state chair in every state + territories and D.C., and he is hopeful that if it comes down to a close delegate race, strong performances in smaller states/territories will boost his delegate total. Cruz has also began laying the groundwork in several of the big states that vote later on, primarily Illinois, Florida and Michigan.

The evangelical vote is behind us and the establishment vote is split. We like our chances - Ted has been great on the campaign trail and we feel good about our numbers in the early voting states. Now its all about continuing to hammer home our message that Ted is the most capable conservative candidate running in this race.
- Jeff Roe, Cruz's Campaign Manager
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #360 on: September 16, 2015, 01:08:30 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: BUDDY ROEMER LEAVES GOP RACE, EXPLORING REFORM PARTY BID

"Today, i had to make a tough decision. We've been watching the polls closely here at HQ and it appears that we're not only behind just about every other GOP contender, and their big special interest money makes it hard for me to catch up. This corrupt primary system relies too much on money for my tastes, so I'm dropping out of the GOP race and will give some time to test the waters for a Reform Party bid for the presidency. Citizens United has made it impossible for a candidate unbeholden to PACS and Wall Street to win. It's quite clear that what Ross Perot emphasized nearly 25 years ago still applies. We need to shrink bureaucracy and cut spending while protecting poor Americans and tackling trade imbalance. The Obama years have failed us, but I'm afraid the Cruz, Ehlrich, Kasich, Locke, or Gore years will fail us too. I'll still gladly participate in the healthcare forum, because at the end of the day, I'm here for the American taxpayer, not my own political gain. As I continue my exploratory efforts, I'll be releasing statements analyzing the remaining candidates' plans. I ask that my endorsers stick with me until I make a final decision on the Reform Party run."

Locke has not accepted money from Super Pacs or Special Interests because he has none..... He's been relying on Individual Donors..... and his daughter's piggy bank..... So Locke is somewhat pissed at Roehmer for associating Locke with the Special Interests. That being said, Locke's Health Care Plan is to improve Obamacare by adding a Public Option. And make the Employee Mandate Optional and to give Businesses tax credits for purchasing insurance.

Cruz accepts.

This Debate will be attended by Kids..... and will be hosted by Rowan Blanchard of Disney Channel. So be ready to explain your positions to kids.....
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #361 on: September 16, 2015, 04:51:15 PM »

Debate Time !

" Hello. I am Rowan Blanchard..... welcome to this debate between Governor Bill Haslam and Senator Ted Cruz. This is sponsored by Disney Channel and Woodcreek High School. The First Question will have to do with the Second Amendment..... the canidates have to explain their position on this issue and tell the audience why they should care. Governor Haslam...... you are up ! "
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #362 on: September 16, 2015, 04:54:35 PM »
« Edited: September 16, 2015, 04:57:52 PM by Bigby »

Question 1 Response:

I support the Second Amendment. This is a critical issue, and it is a timeless one. The Second Amendment protects us from bodily harm and from government tyranny. Without the Second Amendment, we would not have the means to defend the rest of our rights. Since the Second Amendment protects the rest of our constitutional rights, it is vital to ensure that we are not deprived of them. I will be a pro-Second Amendment President, because I want to defend your freedoms.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #363 on: September 16, 2015, 05:07:58 PM »

Question 1 Response:

I support the Second Amendment. This is a critical issue, and it is a timeless one. The Second Amendment protects us from bodily harm and from government tyranny. Without the Second Amendment, we would not have the means to defend the rest of our rights. Since the Second Amendment protects the rest of our constitutional rights, it is vital to ensure that we are not deprived of them. I will be a pro-Second Amendment President, because I want to defend your freedoms.

" Thank you........ it is now Senator Cruz's turn. And you can sit down Governor Haslam.... there's a chair for you. "
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #364 on: September 16, 2015, 07:19:55 PM »

Mini-Update!

(Polls requested by tmthforu94; note that as these polls come from the beginning of Round 4, Roemer is still a candidate)

_______

Polls:

Nevada GOP Primary:

Ted Cruz - 21%
Bob Ehrlich - 14%
Rand Paul - 13%
Bill Haslam - 12%
Chris Christie - 9%
Buddy Roemer - 9%
John Kasich - 8%
Scott Walker - 8%
Terry Branstad - 6%

South Carolina GOP Primary:

Ted Cruz - 28%
Bill Haslam - 24%
Terry Branstad - 13%
Bob Ehrlich - 11%
Scott Walker - 7%
John Kasich - 6%
Buddy Roemer - 6%
Rand Paul - 3%
Chris Christie - 2%

Maine GOP Primary:

Bob Ehrlich - 24%
Rand Paul - 13%
Chris Christie - 13%
John Kasich - 13%
Ted Cruz - 13%
Buddy Roemer - 8%
Bill Haslam - 7%
Scott Walker - 5%
Terry Branstad - 4%

Virginia GOP Primary:

Ted Cruz - 21%
Bob Ehrlich - 18%
Bill Haslam - 15%
Buddy Roemer - 10%
John Kasich - 9%
Terry Branstad - 8%
Scott Walker - 7%
Rand Paul - 6%
Chris Christie - 5%

_______

GOP Primary Poll Map:

jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #365 on: September 16, 2015, 10:40:41 PM »

I am going to sleep... so..... post the approval ratings !
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #366 on: September 16, 2015, 10:41:36 PM »

Question 1: Response

Well, the second amendment promises all of us the right to protect ourselves from the bad guys by allowing us to keep guns. As President, I will work to ensure that all of us have this right granted to us, and I will do nothing to prevent Americans the ability to protect themselves.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #367 on: September 17, 2015, 03:26:25 AM »

Gillibrand Campaign Schedule (OOC: I thought there was a debate this turn?)

January 10, 2016

Meet Voters in Turberville, South Carolina

Meet Voters at Hardin Claredon County Library, Manning, South Carolina (With John Spratt)

Film Segment for use on ESPN U's broadcast on January 16 (South Carolina vs Missouri), from Hemingway High School, Hemingway, South Carolina

So do you believe pay-for-play is the way to go for athletes?

Absolutely, and Northwestern's loss at the NRLB is positively disgraceful in my regard. A student-athlete today is an athlete first, and a student second, but the reality is the rest of the country doesn't see it that way.

Who wins the SEC Tournament, in your opinion?

Kentucky for the men, Tennessee for the women.

January 11, 2016

Fundraiser at Jump Crazy Moonwalks Shelby, Shelby, North Carolina ($110 per person, children under 7 are free).

Meet Voters, Bennett Classical Auto Museum, Forest City, North Carolina

Meet Voters Rutherford County Library, Spindale, North Carolina

Visit McDowell County YMCA, Marion, North Carolina

January 12, 13, 14 2016

Attending to neglected duties as Senator. (Manhattan office on the 12th, D.C on the 13th and 14th )

January 15, 2016

Meet Voters in Spring Hill, Iowa

Meet Voters in St. Mary's, Iowa (With Tom Harkin)

Visit Junction Creamery, Osceola, Iowa

Meet Voters at Clarke Community High School, Osceola, Iowa (With Patty Judge and Chet Culver)

Endorsement requests

Oprah Winfrey (D-MS)

Nancy Kassebaum (R-KS)

Byron Dorgan (D-ND)

Tim Johnson (D-SD)

Tom Daschle (D-SD)

Chuck Hagel (R-NE)

Anthony Foxx (D-NC)

Rahm Emanuel (D-IL)

Marc Morial (D-LA)

Mary Landrieu (D-LA)

Barbara Boxer (D-CA)
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #368 on: September 17, 2015, 12:51:26 PM »

Gillibrand Campaign Schedule (OOC: I thought there was a debate this turn?)

January 10, 2016

Meet Voters in Turberville, South Carolina

Meet Voters at Hardin Claredon County Library, Manning, South Carolina (With John Spratt)

Film Segment for use on ESPN U's broadcast on January 16 (South Carolina vs Missouri), from Hemingway High School, Hemingway, South Carolina

So do you believe pay-for-play is the way to go for athletes?

Absolutely, and Northwestern's loss at the NRLB is positively disgraceful in my regard. A student-athlete today is an athlete first, and a student second, but the reality is the rest of the country doesn't see it that way.

Who wins the SEC Tournament, in your opinion?

Kentucky for the men, Tennessee for the women.

January 11, 2016

Fundraiser at Jump Crazy Moonwalks Shelby, Shelby, North Carolina ($110 per person, children under 7 are free).

Meet Voters, Bennett Classical Auto Museum, Forest City, North Carolina

Meet Voters Rutherford County Library, Spindale, North Carolina

Visit McDowell County YMCA, Marion, North Carolina

January 12, 13, 14 2016

Attending to neglected duties as Senator. (Manhattan office on the 12th, D.C on the 13th and 14th )

January 15, 2016

Meet Voters in Spring Hill, Iowa

Meet Voters in St. Mary's, Iowa (With Tom Harkin)

Visit Junction Creamery, Osceola, Iowa

Meet Voters at Clarke Community High School, Osceola, Iowa (With Patty Judge and Chet Culver)

Endorsement requests

Oprah Winfrey (D-MS)

Nancy Kassebaum (R-KS)

Byron Dorgan (D-ND)

Tim Johnson (D-SD)

Tom Daschle (D-SD)

Chuck Hagel (R-NE)

Anthony Foxx (D-NC)

Rahm Emanuel (D-IL)

Marc Morial (D-LA)

Mary Landrieu (D-LA)

Barbara Boxer (D-CA)

We're having a mini debate........ and what does Gillibrand think of Locke ?
Question 1: Response

Well, the second amendment promises all of us the right to protect ourselves from the bad guys by allowing us to keep guns. As President, I will work to ensure that all of us have this right granted to us, and I will do nothing to prevent Americans the ability to protect themselves.

" Thank you Senator Cruz....... There will be 6 more questions.... I am going to give it to you and Governor Haslam now.....

1. 1 in 4 teenage girls are diagnosed with some type of eating disorder... as President, what will you do to help...... you know what I mean.....

2. In one episode of Girl Meets World, Autism is heavily discussed. How would you promote the awareness of Autism as President ?

3. How will you stop Cyberbullying while respecting the First Amendment, more specifically Freedom of Speech ?

4. 15 million American Children do not have access to food...... 21 percent of Children live in Poverty.... as President, what will you do to stop this problem ?

5. What is your position on Common Core ? And what solutions do you have to fix our education system ?

6. President Kennedy once challenged us to do something..... for this country and for the world. How can we.... the next generation of Americans, change the world ? What are you going to do to take on the world ? "

Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #369 on: September 17, 2015, 03:54:48 PM »
« Edited: September 17, 2015, 09:48:59 PM by Bigby »

1. For starters, I would encourage state and local education to address the issue during health education. Local education is an excellent tool to use to combat eating disorders. I would also encourage educators and councilors to not be afraid to talk to girls in need and teach them how to handle their issues in a healthy manner. Likewise, we should encourage our teenage girls to not be ashamed. We want to help. I want to help.

2. Autism is a serious concern that must be addressed compassionately. I would help autistic children by diverting money from abused funds such as foreign aid to research on how to treat autism and how to give autistic patients the care they deserve. I would also emphasize a message of love and understanding. No one chooses to be autistic, and those suffering from it need to know that we love them, no matter what.

3. While it is vital that we respect the First Amendment, we must also combat cyberbullying. We must also respect the Fourth Amendment, which requires that we have a properly issued warrant before we take action. I would address cyberbullying in the same that we address regular bullying. It may be through social media, but bullying is bullying no matter what, and we should treat it as such. Not only would I encourage state and local governments to handle cyberbullying in the same manner as they would any other way of bullying, I would like emphasize to students that they should report any instance of it to their parents or the authorities, whether it is bullying that is against them or one of their acquaintances.

4. We are seeing this huge issue with childhood poverty because we have been harming our childrens' futures with reckless economic practices. If we want to feed kids and give them appropriate standards of living, we must pursue economic reform. Taxes and spending must be cut side by side. We must protect the jobs of the American worker avoid anti-American trade deals such as NAFTA and TPP. We must take the federal government out of the student loan business so families are not financially punished for wanting to improve themselves for the sake of their loved ones. When smart economics are applied, the lives of everyone, especially our children, are improved.

5. I oppose Common Core. While it seemed like a positive reform at first, it has been proven to hamper education rather than help it. As such, I am fighting to repeal Common Core so Tennessee can reclaim its own educational system. Education belongs at the state and local level. While I would not do away with the Department of Education, I would restrict its role to supervising the state and local educational departments. Federal government in education should be kept to a minimal presence that is there only to make sure the states are doing fine; it should not be there to dictate the states.

6. As President, I will change the world by making America its shining example once again. I would implement the tax policies that I have discussed during my entire campaign so Americans of all income levels can prosper. I would ensure that Congress does its job and makes a balanced budget to restore fiscal responsibility; I would also encourage Congress to pass a Balanced Budget Amendment. I would manage our foreign policy differently, so we once again back our allies properly and keep our enemies in check. By making America a great country, we can make the world better and lead by example.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #370 on: September 17, 2015, 07:12:45 PM »
« Edited: September 19, 2015, 12:08:18 PM by tmthforu94 »

1. Well, I could answer all of these questions with the basic answer that we need a government that works. During the Obama administration, government hasn't worked. We haven't been able to pass as many bills, there has been countless bickering on both sides, and as a result, we haven't been able to tackle a lot of important issues. The issues brought forth in this debate are a lot of issues that are very important, just haven't been placed as a high priority by the current administration. They will if I'm president. Unfortunately we live in a society with unrealistic beauty standards, and I think a lot of the education that is needed at this should come at the local level, schools spending ample time educating our youth, both boys and girls, on the dangers of eating disorders. This is a crisis in America - you, our youth, are the future, and we need a government that is always ready to help you when in need.

2. Autism has affected so many families I know, both in Texas, where I come from, and across the country. With advancements in science, we are able to detect the signs of autism earlier than ever. We need a cure, and as president, I will increase funding to autism research, but also more funds available to provide medical support for families with children who have autism. Let me teach you a lesson that is important to me - they are not autistic children. They are a child first....a child with autism. Let us never put a condition someone has in front of who they are, because while it is something they face every day, it does not and should not define them.

3. I think people often incorrectly place cyberbullying in a different category as regular bullying - they shouldn't. Bullying is bullying, whether it is physically in person or emotionally through social media. I would work with state and local agencies to ensure that those who engage in cyberbullying receive the same repercussions as those who engage in physical bullying. There. Is. No. Excuse.

4. This is what my economic plan is all about - providing more for all. Our nation has struggled - over four million people fell into poverty under the Obama administration. One part of my plan is providing full expensing on investments for a year, which will give all Americans the opportunity to keep more money in their pocket - when we grow the economy, everyone is a winner, and our poorest will have more money and our government will have more funding to support low-income families.

5. We have repeatedly seen the government try and take over our education system, and as it progresses, we have fallen further and further behind worldwide. Because the fact of the matter is, kids in Maine are different from kids in Idaho. What works here in California may not work in Alabama. We need to return powers back to the state and local level, so that teachers and parents are making the decisions on what is best for their children, not government bureaucrats. We need MORE PTOs and LESS government agencies dealing with education.

6. This election isn't about me, nor is it about Governor Haslam, or any of the other candidates running. This candidate is about the future; this election is about you. Together, we will make America prosperous and strong, by balancing our budget, growing our economy, and maintaining a strong foreign policy. In this room, I see future lawyers, doctors and teachers. Maybe even a future president! I see so much potential in each and every one of you, and as president, I will fight relentlessly to make sure we keep America as a nation where anything is possible, where dreams do come true. I want to help make your dreams come true. God bless all of you.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #371 on: September 17, 2015, 07:28:27 PM »

Thomas Roberts, James Carville, Howard Dean, Ted Kaufman, and other strategists have met with Biden. Though it will not be officially announced or leaked, as less than twenty people will ever see it, they have formed a primary plan as follows:

In blue, 188 of what would be electoral votes in the General are Biden's firewall. These are meant to ensure his safety in the South. With these states, Biden will always be able to play kingmaker.

In pink, 51 would-be electoral votes are rated as Likely Biden. If he manages to win these, Biden has secured 239 of 538 electoral votes.

In dark green, 126 electoral votes throughout the Midwest are considered fair game for Biden's working class appeal. Attempts to be a natural fit in this area will be played up especially in Iowa and Minnesota. Winning just one third of of these gives him an additional forty-two - that makes it 281 of 538.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #372 on: September 19, 2015, 12:16:59 PM »

Time for the next round?
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #373 on: September 19, 2015, 05:35:32 PM »

" That is it... thank you to both of you for attending and please after, vote in our online poll on Disney Channell. Thank you ! "
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #374 on: September 22, 2015, 04:09:30 PM »

Chris Christie Withdraws

"Over the last few months, we've come a long way with our campaign.  I've met with many great Americans who are devoted to our country and to making it strong again.  However, the current situation does not appear favorable for me to win the Republican nomination, and with that, I announce that I am withdrawing from the race for president.  However, I am not planning to retire from politics or endorse any candidate at this time.  Our party has an excellent field and a great chance to win the White House  I'm convinced that whoever the Republican party nominates will be our next president, and I will devote my time and resources to ensure victory in November 2016."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies