2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:19:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20
Author Topic: 2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5  (Read 55895 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: September 22, 2015, 07:01:45 PM »

I have decided to take over this timeline. Darth will continue on as Cruz.

Some BIG changes will be coming up, and I will allow a brief entry for folks to re-enter the game, though you will be at a slight disadvantage to those who have stayed in. I will try and have everything ready tonight or tomorrow.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #376 on: September 22, 2015, 07:04:20 PM »

Some BIG changes will be coming up, and I will allow a brief entry for folks to re-enter the game, though you will be at a slight disadvantage to those who have stayed in. I will try and have everything ready tonight or tomorrow.

Basically. I've been WAY too busy in RL (sorry everyone), and I'm confident that tmthforu94 has the time and abilities necessary to mod this game in an effective manner.

Thanks everyone! Smiley
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #377 on: September 22, 2015, 07:04:51 PM »

I will be posting tomorrow! Sorry!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #378 on: September 22, 2015, 07:12:45 PM »

I'm 99.9% sure I typed my schedule.

It was Charleston, Columbia, and then go throughout South Carolina, Georgia, and North Carolina registering voters for the primaries with Howard Dean, Deval Patrick, and Bill Richardson. Stephen Benjamin acts as one of my surrogates and hosts and the Summit is in his city.

If I missed it and you see it, let me know.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #379 on: September 22, 2015, 07:25:23 PM »

I'm sure you've already seen all of my stuff for Round 4, but I will link it to you if need be. I look forward to your time as DM.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #380 on: September 24, 2015, 03:36:57 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2015, 07:47:27 PM by tmthforu94 »

Round 5: January 17-30

Hello,

As you all should know by now, I will be taking over as the manager for this interactive timeline, with darth now managing the Cruz Campaign.

This game has gotten a little stagnant, so a couple thinks will be happening to speed things up.

1. Round 5 will last for two weeks. We need to speed this up a little bit, hence my decision to do this. This means that Round 6 will include the Iowa caucus.
2. I know this might seem unfair to some, but all endorsements are completely off the table right now. In the next round, please include a list of 20 individuals you would like to endorse your campaign. Not a lot of thought was put into endorsements before, and I think a lot of them either didn't make sense or should have never happened (Example: Grassley isn't going to endorse, so don't bother).
3. At the bottom of each round's post, there will be a debate question. Instead of having one, long debate, each round will now have a one-question debate at the end, and the results of that debate will be posted in the next update. You are allowed to interact with each other and respond to attacks.
4. In terms of how I grade things, quality over quantity. Make your posts look nice. Interactions with other candidates will get you bonuses - this will get boring quick if everyone sticks to their schedules and stay positive.
5. If you are interesting in rejoining or joining if you haven't yet, please do! You'll be at a little bit of a disadvantage, but I am letting new folks join this round!

Let me know if you have any questions. Now, onto polling...

Polls:

Nationwide GOP Primary:

Ted Cruz - 22%
Bob Ehrlich - 16%
Bill Haslam - 16%
John Kasich - 10%
Scott Walker - 6%
Buddy Roemer - 6%
Terry Branstad - 5%
Rand Paul - 5%

Nationwide Democratic Primary:

Kirsten Gillibrand - 28%
Joe Biden - 22%
Gary Locke - 19%
Elizabeth Warren - 18%
Bill Gates - 15%

Iowa GOP Primary:

Terry Branstad - 25%
Ted Cruz - 21%
Scott Walker - 13%
Bill Haslam - 10%
Bob Ehrlich - 9%
John Kasich - 5%
Buddy Roemer - 5%
Rand Paul - 4%

Iowa Democratic Primary:

Kirsten Gillibrand - 28%
Joe Biden - 23%
Elizabeth Warren - 18%
Gary Locke - 17%
Bill Gates - 11%

Debate Question:
Name a figure outside of politics who you would consider nominating to your Cabinet. What would you nominate them for and why?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #381 on: September 24, 2015, 04:40:04 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
To answer the question, Mr. [Scarborough?], I would like diversity in my cabinet. Someone like Ross Perot, Jr., as Secretary of Commerce or Chairman of the Federal Reserve, would provide to my administration a mixture of ideas and experience. I believe nominating experienced people is the good thing to do, but the most important thing is that we nominate the right people.

OOC:

Endorsement Requests:
Sec. Tom Vilsack(IA)
- Barn storm IA
Sec. Julian Castro(TX)
-
Gov. Jerry Brown(CA)
-
Gov. Andrew Cuomo(NY)
-
Gov. Deval Patrick(MA)
- Head GOTV efforts in Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina
Strategist James Carville [OR] Sen. Mark Warner(VA)
- Campaign Manager/?
Gov. Martin O'Malley(MD)
-
Gov. Howard Dean(VT)
-
Gov. Brian Schweitzer(MT)
-
Mayor Bill De Blasio(NY)
-
Sen. Martin Heinrich(NM)
-
Sen. Chris Murphy(CT)
-
Sen. Tom Harkin(IA)
-
Gov. Jim Hodges(SC)
- Co-Chair Biden campaign in SC
Mayor Stephen Benjamin(SC)
- Lead Biden campaign in Columbia
Rep. Dan Boren(OK)
- Co-Chair Oklahoma Campaign
Sen. David Boren(OK)
Gov. Mike Beebe(AR)
- Co-Chair Arkansas Campaign
Sen. Cory Booker(NJ)
-
Sen. Angus King(ME)
-
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #382 on: September 24, 2015, 04:52:14 PM »

Buddy Roemer Announcement

"After a long process of deliberation, I'm announcing the end of my campaign. I realize that to fight my way up through a third party bid will be nearly impossible, and it seems that we haven't gained much traction in the field. Thus, I believe my endorsement can make some waves and get some of our issues to the forefront of the debate. I am announcing today, my endorsement of Governor Bill Haslam! Governor Haslam has a great record as Tennessee governor, and while I don't see eye to eye with him on all of the issues, he stands against irresponsible trade and for limiting Wall Street and big union money in politics. As a DC outsider, I think he'll do a dandy job showing the bureaucrats to the exit door. Thank you all who have supported me through this time, financially and sentimentally. It's been a good ride, but I feel that it would be an unsustainable venture to continue. I'll be glad to work with Governor Haslam on his journey to the White House!"

Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #383 on: September 24, 2015, 05:36:23 PM »

(Are all previous endorsements nullified? Also, do we seek endorsements now for until Round 6? In the meantime, I will go ahead and answer the debate question and respond to Roemer's endorsement. I will post my schedule and endorsements listed once my question is answered.)

Debate Answer:

The non-politician that I would most likely nominate would be journalist John Stossel for the Department of Commerce. For the past few decades, politicians in various administrations have wrecked our economic and industrial standing with gargantuan and nonsensical regulations. These regulations, combined with our high corporate tax rate, are part of the reason why American jobs have vanished. It has not started under the Obama administration, but Obama has done nothing to correct it. The President has not advocated economic reform, and neither has anyone in his Cabinet. If we want Americans to become employed again, to become wealthier, then we need someone who understands that the American economy cannot be so overtly lorded over. John Stossel knows that Americans need economic freedom to become prosperous again, so that's why I would nominate him to become Secretary of Commerce.

Response to Buddy Roemer:

Pre-Approved by Press Secretary Juliet Barham.

"I am glad that Governor Roemer has agreed to join my campaign. I welcome his endorsement, and he is free to fight for me any time. You know, Roemer and I have plenty of common ground, the biggest of which is that we both desire to restore the liberty of the American people. How can we expect the life of the common man when bigwigs push for only their own interests? Big business and big unions have been increasing regulations and burden on middle and lower America. The Democrats may talk big about being for the common man, but their allegiance to unions and liberal activist PACs is proof that they are not being truthful. Even the Republicans, the party I belong to, are being corrupted by the authoritarian grasp of elitism. Look, the fate of this great nation belongs to the American people, not special interest groups. The common man will not survive while DC insiders punish him with taxes and regulations merely for trying to better himself and his loved ones. I am the candidate most willing to go against the elites that have allowed our problems to become as pervasive as they are now, and that's why Roemer has endorsed me."
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #384 on: September 24, 2015, 06:00:41 PM »

Hey, I know it seems unfair to some, but yes, all endorsements are currently nullified. However, I will ensure that those who have been putting in the effort get the endorsements they want - I just think the old system made little sense and a "refresh" button is needed.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #385 on: September 24, 2015, 06:29:36 PM »

Round 5: January 17-30

Hello,

As you all should know by now, I will be taking over as the manager for this interactive timeline, with darth now managing the Cruz Campaign.

This game has gotten a little stagnant, so a couple thinks will be happening to speed things up.

1. Round 5 will last for two weeks. We need to speed this up a little bit, hence my decision to do this. This means that Round 6 will include the Iowa caucus.
2. I know this might seem unfair to some, but all endorsements are completely off the table right now. In the next round, please include a list of 20 individuals you would like to endorse your campaign. Not a lot of thought was put into endorsements before, and I think a lot of them either didn't make sense or should have never happened (Example: Grassley isn't going to endorse, so don't bother).
3. At the bottom of each round's post, there will be a debate question. Instead of having one, long debate, each round will now have a one-question debate at the end, and the results of that debate will be posted in the next update. You are allowed to interact with each other and respond to attacks.
4. In terms of how I grade things, quality over quantity. Make your posts look nice. Interactions with other candidates will get you bonuses - this will get boring quick if everyone sticks to their schedules and stay positive.
5. If you are interesting in rejoining or joining if you haven't yet, please do! You'll be at a little bit of a disadvantage, but I am letting new folks join this round!

Let me know if you have any questions. Now, onto polling...

Polls:

Nationwide GOP Primary:

Ted Cruz - 22%
Bob Ehrlich - 16%
Bill Haslam - 16%
John Kasich - 10%
Scott Walker - 6%
Buddy Roemer - 6%
Terry Branstad - 5%
Rand Paul - 5%

Nationwide Democratic Primary:

Kirsten Gillibrand - 28%
Joe Biden - 22%
Gary Locke - 19%
Elizabeth Warren - 18%
Bill Gates - 15%

Iowa GOP Primary:

Terry Branstad - 25%
Ted Cruz - 21%
Scott Walker - 3%
Bill Haslam - 10%
Bob Ehrlich - 9%
John Kasich - 5%
Buddy Roemer - 5%
Rand Paul - 4%

Iowa Democratic Primary:

Kirsten Gillibrand - 28%
Joe Biden - 23%
Elizabeth Warren - 18%
Gary Locke - 17%
Bill Gates - 11%

Debate Question:
Name a figure outside of politics who you would consider nominating to your Cabinet. What would you nominate them for and why?

Answer to Debate Question :

" Look, This might be virtually impossible and unlawful... but Malala Yousafi for Secretary of Education. She has been a great advocate for Girls education.... "

The Endorsements I want will come in the next post.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #386 on: September 24, 2015, 06:47:03 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
To answer the question, Mr. [Scarborough?], I would like diversity in my cabinet. Someone like Ross Perot, Jr., as Secretary of Commerce or Chairman of the Federal Reserve, would provide to my administration a mixture of ideas and experience. I believe nominating experienced people is the good thing to do, but the most important thing is that we nominate the right people.

OOC:

Endorsement Requests:
Sec. Tom Vilsack(IA)
- Barn storm IA
Sec. Julian Castro(TX)
-
Gov. Jerry Brown(CA)
-
Gov. Andrew Cuomo(NY)
-
Gov. Deval Patrick(MA)
- Head GOTV efforts in Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina
Strategist James Carville [OR] Sen. Mark Warner(VA)
- Campaign Manager/?
Gov. Martin O'Malley(MD)
-
Gov. Howard Dean(VT)
-
Gov. Brian Schweitzer(MT)
-
Mayor Bill De Blasio(NY)
-
Sen. Martin Heinrich(NM)
-
Sen. Chris Murphy(CT)
-
Sen. Tom Harkin(IA)
-
Gov. Jim Hodges(SC)
- Co-Chair Biden campaign in SC
Mayor Stephen Benjamin(SC)
- Lead Biden campaign in Columbia
Rep. Dan Boren(OK)
Sen. David Boren(OK)
Gov. Mike Beebe(AR)
- Co-Chair Arkansas Campaign
Sen. Cory Booker(NJ)
-
Sen. Angus King(ME)
-

Endorsements :

Vice President Walter Mondale of Minnesota, also honorary chair of the Minnesota Campaign.

Former Governor John Lynch of New Hampshire : Chair of the New Hampshire Campaign

President Jimmy Carter of Georgia, also Honorary Chair of the Georgia Campaign

Former Vice President Al Gore to lead the Iowa Campaign

Mayor Kevin Johnson of Sacramento, Senator Maria Cantwell of Washington, Former Secretary of State Madeline Albright, Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont, Senator Patrick Leahy of Vermont, Congressman Luis Guiterrrez of Illinois, Senator Bill Nelson of Florida, Former Senator Russ Feingold of Wisconsin,  Senator Tim Kaine of Virginia, Senator Chuck Schumer of New York, Mayor of Chicago Rahm Emmanuel, Former Senator Tim Johnson of South Dakota, Former Senator Tom Daschle, Reverend Al Sharpton, Senator Sherrod Brown of Ohio and finally Ralph Nader.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #387 on: September 24, 2015, 06:54:32 PM »

Could we see S. C. polling?
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #388 on: September 24, 2015, 07:07:28 PM »

I will post the schedules tomorrow if that is okay...... so here are some tidbits on Locke's Campaign !

Locke is focused on two states. Iowa and New Hampshire.... New Hampshire the most.

Sarah.... Locke's Financial Manager announced that she is pregnant.

Hepburn... Locke's Manager divorced his wife....
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #389 on: September 25, 2015, 02:01:36 AM »

Kirsten Gillibrand-Debate answer and endorsement list

I agree with Governor Locke, Malala Youfazai would be my choice for Secretary of Education, largely due to her tireless work improving the rights of women in this country and around the world.

Endorsement requests

Andrew Cuomo (D-NY)

Hillary Clinton (D-NY/AR/IL)

Bill Cilnton (D- AR/NY)

Chuck Schumer (D-NY)

Tom Harkin (D-IA)

Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH)

John Lynch (D-NH)

Maggie Hassan (D-NH)

Kay Hagan (D-NC)

Diane Feinstein (D-CA)

Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)

Tom Dsachle (D- SD)

Harry Reid (D-NV)

Bill Nelson (D-FL)

Patrick Leahy (D-VT)

Bill De Blasio (D-NY)

Xavier Becerra (D-CA)

Chet Culver (D-IA)

Debbie Stabenow (D-MI)

Claire McCaskill (D-MO)
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #390 on: September 25, 2015, 01:48:38 PM »

(I am going ahead and making my endorsement requests so I can devote my schedule solely to itself. I think it will look neater that way.)

Governor Haslam's Endorsement Requests:

With the primaries beginning soon, Governor Haslam is seeking the endorsements of the following people. The endorsements will be clustered into similar groups of themes, or why he is wooing them for endorsements. This list will not exceed twenty people.

Type 1: Southern Politicians (Governor Haslam will continue his Southern strategy. Haslam will appeal to the following politicians on his record as Governor of Tennessee and also on common issues. For example, Haslam will primarily discuss foreign policy with Tom Cotton while his endorsement hunt with Lamar Alexander would be over education. Zell Miller is a special case, as Haslam wants to prove that he is willing to work across party lines and to prove that he will be a President for all Americans, not just a party hardliner. While Miller is a rather conservative Democrat, he is still a Democrat, so Haslam is willing to take the gamble.)

1. Senator Lamar Alexander (R - TN)
2. Senator Bob Corker (R - TN)
3. Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn (R - TN)
4. Fmr. Governor Zell Miller (D - GA)
5. Lt. Governor Casey Cagle (R - GA)
6. Senator Johnny Isakson (R - GA)
7. Congressman Rick Allen (R - GA)
8. Congressman Trey Gowdy (R - SC)
9. Congressman Tom Rice (R - SC)
10. Congressman Mark Sanford (R - SC)
11. Senator Tim Scott (R - SC)
12. Senator Lindsay Graham (R - SC)
13. Senator Thom Thillis (R - NC)
14. Senator Tom Cotton (R - AR)

Type 2: Political Pundits/Commentators (Governor Haslam will also seek the endorsements of conservative commentators and thinkers. Haslam believes that getting grassroots support is just as important as getting support from fellow politicians, and part of the way to get grassroots on his side, he feels, is to get endorsements from conservative political commentators. Getting the innovative political minds on his side is a worthwhile pursuit, according to Haslam. He will also tout his record with these people, but he will also claim that he is the most forward-thinking, freshest candidate in the Republican race. Haslam will argue that not only does he stand for conservative ideals, but he will be the best person to be able to enact the desired reforms as President.)

15. Dennis Prager
16. Bill Whittle
17.Rich Lowry
18. Thomas Sowell
19. Michelle Malkin
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #391 on: September 25, 2015, 02:58:48 PM »

Walker Campaign to Refocus Efforts on New Hampshire Primary
"We're putting all our eggs in the New Hampshire primary. Iowa picks corn, but New Hampshire picks Presidents and I intend to win this state!"

January 17-20: New Hampshire
- Meet and Greet in Manchester, NH Campaign HQ
- Town Hall in Raymond, NH (9/17)
- House Party in New Castle, NH (9/17)
- House Party in Exeter, NH (9/17)
- Town Hall in Exeter, NH (9/18)
- Town Hall in Farmington, NH (9/18)
- Town Hall in Jackson, NH (9/18)
- Town Hall in Gorham, NH (9/18)
- Rally in Concord, NH with NH Legislators (9/19)
- Meet and Greet at The Draft in Concord, NH (9/19)
- Town Hall in Rye, NH (9/19)
- Town Hall in Troy, NH (9/20)
- Town Hall in Plymouth, NH (9/20)

January 21: Iowa
- Town Hall in Clinton, IA
- Town Hall in Ames, IA
- Town Hall in Iowa City, IA

January 22: Florida
- Fundraiser in Miami, FL
- Meet and Greet with Voters in Boynton Beach, FL
- Interview with Megyn Kelly on Fox News.

January 23: Nevada
- Rally in Carson City, NV
- Fundraiser in Las Vegas, NV

January 24: Wisconsin
- No Public Appearances.

January 25: New Hampshire
- Town Hall in Whitefield, NH
- Town Hall in Colebrook, NH
- Town Hall in Durham, NH
- Meet and Greet with UNH College Republicans, Durham NH
- House Party in Durham, NH

January 26: New Hampshire
- Town Hall in Rochester, NH
- Meet and Greet at the Pink Cadillac in Rochester, NH
- Town Hall in Wolfeboro, NH
- House Party in New Durham, NH

January 27: New Hampshire
- Town Hall in Portsmouth, NH
- Town Hall in Seabrook, NH
- Town Hall in Bedford, NH
- Town Hall in Laconia, NH

January 28: New Hampshire
- Meet and Greet with Voters at the Red Arrow Diner with Mayor Gatsas
- Town Hall in Hampton Falls, NH
- Town Hall Peterborough, NH

January 29: New Hampshire
- Town Hall in Berlin, NH
- Town Hall in Columbia, NH
- Town Hall in Keene, NH
- House Party in Keene, NH
- Interview with Hannity from Manchester, NH

January 30: New Hampshire
- Town Hall in Derry, NH
- Town Hall in Milford, NH
- Town Hall in Glenn, NH
- Town Hall in Jefferson, NH

"I would nominate someone like Donald Trump or Carly Fiorina for Treasury or Commerce. They've both been successful in business and have proven track records of results and I think our country would be served well by outsiders without governmental or political experience, but with practical common sense business solutions."
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #392 on: September 25, 2015, 03:03:11 PM »

Sorry but I don't have the time or enthusiasm to continue but Terry Branstad will drop out and endorse the best candidate to unite the GOP Governor Scott Walker
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #393 on: September 25, 2015, 04:43:46 PM »

"I'm grateful for Governor Branstad's endorsement and support. I welcome his supporters to join our campaign and hope to win their support in Iowa and across the country." -- Scott Walker, campaigning in NH

Statement from the Walker Campaign
Governor Walker appreciates the endorsement of Governor Terry Branstad. His record of accomplishment in Iowa is noteworthy and there is no doubt in the Governor's mind he would have been an excellent President. The Governor looks forward to earning the support of his supporter and building a winning coalition to secure the Republican nomination and win the general election. Accordingly, the Governor will be adjusting his schedule to campaign with the Governor in Iowa on January 21, 24 and 28.

Adjustments to the Walker Campaign Schedule
January 21: Iowa
- Endorsement Rally with Governor Branstad in Des Moines, IA at the Civic Center
- Governor Branstad will be joining Governor Walker in Clinton, IA for a Town Hall.

January 24: Iowa
- Town Hall with Students at Iowa State University, Ames IA (with Governor Branstad).
- Town Hall at the University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA (With Governor Branstad).
- Town Hall at University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, IA (with Governor Branstad).

January 28: New Hampshire/Iowa
- Meet and Greet with Voters at the Red Arrow Diner with Mayor Gatsas
- Town Hall in Hampton Falls, NH
- Town Hall Peterborough, NH
- Rally in Waterloo, IA at Young Arena with Governor Branstad

Gov. Branstad Endorsing Scott Walker for President
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #394 on: September 25, 2015, 10:59:49 PM »

For some unknown reason, Locke is  going all in on New Hampshire. Hepburn, Locke's manager was like.... " We are changing gears again ! "

Janurary 17th : All in on New Hampshire.
Locke started off the day with a massive GOTV operation.... He along with supporters went to houses in Manchester, and basically spread the word. He was talking with people in their houses, about him and his policies. Next, he stopped by his Office in Manchester, where he met with Volunteers and thanked them for their work.

Janurary 18th : The Next day, he held a rally in at another random Manchester High School, his speech focused on improving Educational Standards, and empowering Children. After that, it was off to Concord New Hampshire where he gave a speech to the legislature on Religious Freedom, and finally a meet and greet with potential Voters at a local library.

Janurary 19th : This Day focused on small farmers around New Hampshire, and New Hampshire's natural resources. So Locke on his bus, went around New Hampshire... meeting with small farmers, and touring with Environmental Officials on New Hampshire's environment.

1/20/15 : Locke apparently switched gears again and in the morning headed to West Virginia. His First Stop ? A Coal Mine where he met with Miners and dicussed Clean Coal Policies and providing affordable college education when Coal Runs out. Then he met with the Governor.

1/21/2015 : Locke then flew to South Carolina.... his first stop was Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church, Charleston South Carolina where he spoke eloquently on Race, and how to prevent racist shootings from ever happening again. Then He met with Factory Workers at a local factory.

1/22/2015 : In his first major speech to supporters in South Carolina, he indirectly criticized his fellow candidates, Senator Gillibrand and Vice President Joe Biden, and Senator Warren.

" My Friends, Career Politicians say that they will fight for you. But who can get things done ? Senators and Congressman, they give great speeches but when it comes down to it, only I have the leadership to get things done for not only do you have democrats, but you have Repubilcans. "

1/23/15 : Locke departed for Selma AL.... where accompanied by local black leaders, and Oprah Winferey walked the path of the protesters in 1965. Later in a speech in Selma, Locke called for Unity... and for understanding.

1/24/15 : Locke for the 24th, took a complete break.... he was so wiped out.

I will post the schedule for the 25th through the 31st tomorrow if that is okay.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #395 on: September 26, 2015, 08:24:05 PM »

Delay.... I request an extension to Monday. I am so busy right now.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #396 on: September 26, 2015, 09:15:16 PM »

Permitted
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #397 on: September 26, 2015, 09:59:53 PM »

Governor Haslam's Campaign Schedule, Round 5:

Jan. 17th (South Carolina):

- Townhall in Rock Hill.
- Meet with voters in Greenville.
- Meet with voters in Mt. Pleasant.
- Meet with voters in Charleston.
- Barnstorm in Myrtle Beach.

Jan. 18th (New Hampshire):

- Townhall in Concord.
- Townhall in Exeter.
- Meet with voters in Durham.
- Meet with voters in Portsmouth.
- Mini-Special: Fish with voters at a coastal town, including a photoshoot.

Jan. 19th (Florida):

- Barnstorm in Tallahassee.
- Meet with voters in St. Augustine.
- Barnstorm in Jacksonville.
- Hold a pro-police rally in Jacksonville.

Police Rally Theme: Governor Haslam will continue to flaunt a pro-police and tough on crime platform at a rally. Police and police veterans get in free. Haslam will continue to support the plight of policemen, as he has consistently done during his campaign. He will continue to campaign that he is the Presidential candidate most able to combat rising crime rates. Finally, he will criticize the current administration for allowing the "Ferguson Effect," or the new rise in crime, to occur. He will call for a push to reform the justice system to return to the low crime rates of the 90's and the 2000's, as "safety is what defends liberty."

Jan. 20th (Nevada):

- Meet with voters in Winnemuca.
- Townall in Reno.
- Barnstorm in Carson City.
- Barnstorm in Nye County.
- Meet with voters in Las Vegas.

Jan. 21st (Iowa):

- Barnstorm in Waterloo.
- Barnstorm in Ames.
- Meet with voters in Cedar Rapids.
- Meet with voters in Des Moines.

Jan. 22nd (Tennessee):

- This is technically a day off for Haslam. We will be taking his family on a day-long vacation, still being a family man and all. However, he will take some time to make quick phone calls to check up on endorsements and his campaign staff.

Jan. 23rd (Lousiana):

- Organize in Baton Rogue.
- Barnstorm in Baton Rogue.
- Meet with voters in New Orleans.
- Meet with voters in Shreveport.
- Mini-Special: Attend a local rodeo in Shreveport.

Governor Haslam will attend a local rodeo and watch the event with spectators. Before and after the rodeo, he will be open to interviews on any and every issue. He will also conduct a small interview with the commentators on why he is the best person to be President for Louisianans and for America as a whole.

Haslam during the interview. At this particular point, Haslam is discussing climate change. He is not denying or confirming any scientific inquiry, but instead states that regardless, the government should be as light as possible with any regulations or policy. "Environmental laws cannot and should not harm economic growth, and the free market should be trusted to make green technology that will make the Earth environmentally safer without worsening the American standard of living."

Jan. 24th (Michigan):

- Organize in Lansig.
- Meet with voters in Lansig.
- Barnstorm in Ann Arbor.
- Barnstorn in Livonia.
- Townhall in Flint.

Jan. 25th (Georgia):

- Meet with voters in Savannah.
- Barnstorm in Statesboro.
- Barnstorm in Dublin.
- Hold Education Rally at Emory in Atlanta.

Education Rally Theme: Governor Haslam will host a rally for the students and faculty of Emory University. He will discuss his own time as a college student at Emory, and how it led him to become the successful man that he is today. As such, he will tie in education reform to the speech. He will reform student loans to stop the federal government from continuing to inflate tuition. He will let states regain more control of their own educational programs to enable students to enjoy a more specialized, focused education that benefits them the most. He will encourage higher education as a means to make Americans more competitive globally and also to bring industry back. His basic message is that education is the future of the nation, and to give American children and young adults the bright future the means to succeed,  he will be obligated to "undo the mess that the D.C. bureaucrats have carelessly made in their self-serving quests to expand their power at the expense of students."

Jan. 26th (Virginia):

- Organize in Richmond.
- Barnstorm in Richmond.
- Barnstorm in Fairfax.
- Meet with voters in Staunton.
- Meet with voters in Lynchburg.

Jan. 27th (Nevada):

- Meet with voters in Las Vegas.
- Barnstorm in Primm.
- Meet with voters in Goodsprings.
- Meet with voters in Nye County and announce Medical Marijuana position. (This is not a major or minor event, but during this time, he will announce his support for medical marijuana. He will discuss with reporters that he considers medical marijuana to be necessary for certain illnesses, and it is "not right" to deny those hurting of the medication they need.)

Jan. 28th and 29th (Iowa):

- Barnstorm in Ames.
- Barnstorm in Des Moines.
- Meet with voters in Mason City.
- Meet with voters in Sioux City.
- Barnstorm in Council Bluffs.
(Repeat for Jan. 29th)

Jan. 30th (Iowa):

- Meet with voters in Des Moines.
- Meet with voters in Ames.
- Meet with voters in Iowa City.
- Return to Des Moines and prepare for the Iowa Caucus.

(OOC: Holy balls this post is long. Is this fine since this turn consists of two weeks, or do I need to edit and shorten it?)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #398 on: September 26, 2015, 10:15:41 PM »

OOC: I also request the extension

IC:

"I would like to make something very clear to Former Ambassador Locke: Do not strike me as a snake does at oxen's heels, or we will about-face and trample you. Mr. Locke served under President Obama, and I considered him to be a good friend, and a Democrat who liked me. Now, he turns to Republican talking points and criticizes my experience by calling me a "career politician". He was not speaking about the one-and-two-term Senators or Bill Gates wih this comment.

"Do not criticize me again for my experience. Focus on your very good résumé rather than destroying your friends. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on you. You have had your chance. Do not try again, or we will bury you. Let me be very clear about that."

- Joe Biden, stumping in South Carolina
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #399 on: September 27, 2015, 08:14:24 PM »

OOC: I also request the extension

IC:

"I would like to make something very clear to Former Ambassador Locke: Do not strike me as a snake does at oxen's heels, or we will about-face and trample you. Mr. Locke served under President Obama, and I considered him to be a good friend, and a Democrat who liked me. Now, he turns to Republican talking points and criticizes my experience by calling me a "career politician". He was not speaking about the one-and-two-term Senators or Bill Gates wih this comment.

"Do not criticize me again for my experience. Focus on your very good résumé rather than destroying your friends. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on you. You have had your chance. Do not try again, or we will bury you. Let me be very clear about that."

- Joe Biden, stumping in South Carolina

" There are some things I would like to point out. One, Perhaps I did not clarify enough. I did not mention about Vice President Biden at all!  Or the others. Here's the thing.  The reason why I was talking about that was because..... I proposed Term Limits.... Did anyone hear about that?  It must have been a newspaper error. The reason why I believe in Term Limits is because if we have the same people in Congress, Ideas run out. Corruption infiltrates good people. Special Interests take grip. And I thought that was a Progressive idea. 2, I am a Progressive in the tradition of Jackson, Jefferson and Roosevelt because I believe that we the people should have the power not Big Business.  3, If we keep on stabbing each other in the chest, Ted Cruz will win. Finally, The Vice President mentions friends a lot. There is a difference between having best friends,  and working together to take on the world. Take a look at Reagan and Tip O Niell. This is not personal, this is about this great country we all love. "
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies