2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:56:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20
Author Topic: 2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5  (Read 55819 times)
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: August 23, 2015, 09:57:24 PM »
« edited: August 25, 2015, 01:37:45 PM by vivaportugalhabs »

Buddy Roemer Schedule

July 8
Speech in Wells Fargo Arena-Des Moines, IA
Fundraising picnic-Des Moines, IA
Meeting voters downtown-Des Moines, IA
Talking to Drake University students about college costs-Des Moines, IA
Calling Andrew Napolitano for an endorsement. We agree on the need for a less intrusive government with a smarter foreign policy.

July 9
Meeting voters-Ames, IA
Press Conference-Waterloo, IA
Speech to farmers about the need for legal hemp-Cresco, IA
Fundraiser dinner with Rep. Rod Blum and St. Sen. Roby Smith-Davenport, IA
Seek endorsement from former US Rep. Jim Leach. Both Buddy and Jim agree on having a smarter foreign policy and fixing our broken campaign finance system.

July 10
Meet and greet-Las Vegas, NV
Town Hall-Las Vegas, NV
Fundraiser-Las Vegas, NV
Phone call with NM governor Susana Martinez about an endorsement. Both Susana and Buddy recognize a need to end gridlock in Washington and get things done.

July 11
Meet and greet-Reno, NV
Speech about civil liberties-Carson City, NV
Meet and greet-Sacramento, CA
Meeting with Rep. Devin Nunes for an endorsement. We will talk about agricultural policy and drought management. Buddy wants to help American farmers by loosening regulations.

"Look, I believe that the federal government has no place snooping in our lives. Police forces look like the military, the government watches our every move and it HAS TO STOP!"

July 12
Touring a tech company-San Jose, CA
Fundraiser with Silicon Valley Execs from Lincoln Lab-San Jose, CA
Talking to college students-Berkeley, CA
Meet and greet-Eureka, CA

"We need a more tech-oriented federal government. Government is too damn inefficient these days and needlessly so. It's time to move towards high-power computerized recordkeeping at agencies and eliminate redundancies and fraud by using tech."

July 13
Fly to New Hampshire
Meet and greet-Portsmouth, NH
Dinner with local Republicans-Dover, NH

July 14
Press conference-Concord, NH
Meet and greet-Effingham, NH
Town hall-Casco, ME
Seek endorsement from Rep. Bruce Polinquin, a fellow problem solver who cares about America's future. Buddy and Bruce have a productive conversation about banking, EPA overreach, and more.

Endorsers
Rep. Rod Blum will be getting Buddy name recognition in his district
Roby Smith will hand out Buddy for President campaign lit to constituents
Rep. Walter B. Jones will talk to voters about Buddy
Bob Inglis will embark on a pro-Roemer speaking/fundraising tour of South Carolina
Edmond Gionet will talk to voters about Buddy

Walter Jones: "Listen, folks. Buddy knows what he's talking about. A balanced budget, leaving unnecessary conflicts, breaking up the biggest banks."
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #151 on: August 23, 2015, 10:02:13 PM »

Sincere thanks to Buddy Roemer for breaking the drop-out post streak.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #152 on: August 23, 2015, 10:11:12 PM »

AD-Experience

"Buddy Roemer might just be the most experienced candidate in the GOP field. He spent years in congress, fighting for legislation to protect American citizens. He was Louisiana's 52nd governor, and while holding that office, he tackled a whopping budget deficit and a staggering amount of bureaucracy. Buddy founded Business First Bank and created jobs, all while running a highly successful community bank worth millions of dollars. There's no doubt that Buddy Roemer has the experience, leadership, and track record to lead. He just needs your support."

Ad running in:
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #153 on: August 24, 2015, 12:12:40 AM »

Gates Welcomes Bush Endorsement

The Gates Campaign is honored to have received the cross-party endorsement of former Florida Governor Jeb Bush. It is apparent that Governor Bush has transcended ideological boundaries and partisan gridlock to support Mr. Gates in his endeavor to restore the right to dream.

The Gates Campaign has formed a special task force across the country to register Bush supporters and moderate Republicans to vote in critical primaries. Mr. Gates will me attending a ThinkProgress policy summit to discuss Medicare-For-All.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #154 on: August 24, 2015, 12:41:11 AM »

Gates 2016

This week, Bill and Melinda welcomed the endorsement of former Republican Governor of Florida Jeb Bush and former First Lady Columba. The couples met for brunch in Iowa and announced the endorsement to the press. The media erupted over the seeming incredible divide among remaining Republican candidates. Gates supporters are calling the endorsement a referendum on the radicalism that is permeating the modern Republican Party.

Bill and Melinda have spent the week emphasizing the campaign goals of balancing a 50 state strategy with intense focus on the early primary states. The couple is rarely apart, with both commonly referring to the other as a "partner" in life. Public Policy Polling conducted a series of focus groups to measure the average Democrat's perception of Gates. "We were not surprised to find that the diverse, egalitarian Democratic Party loves watching a modern couple do great things together. The focus groups all suggest that references to "partnership" and Melinda's presence strengthen Gates's appeal to former Clinton supporters, particularly women," a spokesman for PPP said.

In light of the Bush endorsement, Gates has continued to call for policies that secure the right to dream. "Democrats, Republicans, and Independents all want to see the American economy do well. They all want to see people live better lives. And, as Governor Bush has demonstrated, a pragmatic approach to universal healthcare, a smarter and healthier workforce, dependable retirement security, and investment in the aspirations of the American  are all uniting ideas. The right to dream brings people together," said Mr. Gates.

Organizationally, Mr. Gates has okay'd a significant financial investment in data, office spaces, and volunteer infrastructure. The first-of-its-kind Gates campaign website is being integrated into key persuasion, turnout, and organizing efforts. The website has provided crucial organizing assistance to volunteers across the country, allowing the Gates message to reach the front door of millions of Democrats, Republicans, and Independents who ahve an opportunity to cast their ballot for Gates.

The campaign has announced that it will be seriously considering airing television commercials across in the weeks and months ahead, assuming the no-doubt-significant polling surge after the Bush endorsement and massive national organization efforts needs solidifying.

OOC: I'm doing this type of narrative post because I have written hundreds of boring "went to new hampshire, talked, barnstormed" schedules. I hope you'll accept this as an adequate reflection of my campaign's work.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #155 on: August 24, 2015, 01:06:48 AM »
« Edited: August 24, 2015, 01:08:26 AM by The Prime Minister »

My Life

GATES:Hi, I'm Bill Gates, the founder of Microsoft and candidate for President. Years ago, I had a big idea about a beige box in a little garage. Because I grew up in America, I took that idea, put it to work for other people, and lived an incredible life because of that idea's success. I've used the profit of that company to help end pandemics in the poorest parts of the world, to expand access to clean water, and to improve education here at home.. But now, I'm looking to make a difference in a new way. I'm running for President. My plan is simple: give everyone the right to dream the way I did. The sad fact of the matter is that the economy is working for the me of today, not the me of thirty years ago. I've laid out a comprehensive vision to improve life for everyone, make America a fairer place to live, and to restore the right to dream for every single American.

The American Consensus

NARRTOR:When Bill Gates announced his campaign for President, he emphasized the importance of giving everyone in America the opportunity to work hard, dream big, and rise up in society. He laid out a vision that modernized American healthcare, fixed our broken tax code, improved education, provided a secure retirement for millions of families, and invested in economic growth. The Gates Plan brings together some of the best ideas from the Left and the Right to create a new, American Consensus. These ideas will cut through partisan gridlock. Let's make Washington work again, become a part of the new American Consensus today.

These ads are set to run with maximum efficiency in early primary states and Super Tuesday states.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #156 on: August 24, 2015, 05:57:10 AM »

OOC: I'm doing this type of narrative post because I have written hundreds of boring "went to new hampshire, talked, barnstormed" schedules. I hope you'll accept this as an adequate reflection of my campaign's work.

Fine w/ me!
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #157 on: August 24, 2015, 08:38:38 AM »

Statement from the Trump Campaign

Unfortunately, due to personal issues, I have to leave the campaign trail. As such, I am proud to endorse Senator Ted Cruz.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #158 on: August 24, 2015, 11:11:05 AM »

Speech by Dan Quayle, in Tuscon, AZ:

Good evening, when I started my campaign it was because I wanted to make a difference, to unite the party, and get America working again. However, I have decided that the best course of action is not running for president. Instead I am withdrawing to help my son Ben Quayle to run for Senate here in Arizona. For the Republican nomination, I throw my backing behind Senator Cruz.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #159 on: August 24, 2015, 11:36:30 AM »

Schedule will be up later tonight, I apologize for the delay I have been moving and such.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #160 on: August 24, 2015, 03:27:37 PM »

Wow everyone is dead now.
CapoteMonster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.49, S: -2.61

« Reply #161 on: August 24, 2015, 05:33:56 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2015, 05:36:26 PM by CapoteMonster »

No no NO JOHN! Screw going to Iowa, I don't need that state to become a frontrunner and were already down 7 to a freaking 1 term governor! Bob Elrich has even less name recognition than I do. I have a plan to make it up now that people are dropping out left and right. Bob Elrich will be even less relevant than Lincoln Chafee.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #162 on: August 24, 2015, 06:41:18 PM »

Ted Cruz Press Conference
Cruz: Thank you. As you all know, it has been a pretty tumultuous week on the campaign trail, especially with multiple candidates dropping out. First, I want to extend my gratitude to Mr. Donald Trump and former Vice President Dan Qualye on their endorsements. Both are honorable men who have done many great things for our country, and I am grateful to now have them on our side.

A big story this week has been Governor Bush's decision to withdraw from the primary and endorse Bill Gates, a billionaire liberal who is a real contender to buy the Democratic nomination. It comes as no surprise to many within the GOP, as Governor Bush has long been more of an ally to Democrats than he has Republicans, especially when it comes to issues such as education and immigration.

We are confident at how things are looking now, and I look forward to continuing strong with the campaign. I will now take a couple questions.
Reporter: With so many exits this week, how do you expect it to shake up the field and where do you think you stand?
Cruz:Well, the last national poll I saw had us ahead, and I don't expect that to be any different.  I think conservatives around the country are uniting behind our campaign as they see that some of the alternatives in this race don't match my conservative credentials.
Reporter: How do you feel about your chances in Iowa and New Hampshire, the first two states?
Cruz: I had a wonderful talk earlier today with folks from the National Right to Life, and we discussed the importance of having our next president be 100% pro-life. The person leading in New Hampshire now, Governor Ehrlich, has some momentum, maybe even more than I, but once Republican voters start seeing where he stands on certain issues, particularly his voter suppression techniques and pro-choice record, I think they'll turn back to real conservatives in the race. We're also in a tight race with Governor Branstad in Iowa, and while I respect much of his economic record, his refusal to defund Planned Parenthood, despite promising to do so on the campaign trail, indicates to me that he's just another politician who puts politics over people.

I'm excited to continue forward with this campaign - thank you for your questions!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #163 on: August 24, 2015, 06:52:58 PM »

Nice to see we have at least a few people staying in Smiley
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #164 on: August 24, 2015, 07:03:57 PM »

Terry Branstad's Comments over Ted Cruzs Planned Parenthood Comments

Reporter: Governor Branstad, Senator Cruz said earlier today that your failure to defund planned parenthood even though you campaigned on it, says that your another politican putting politics over people.

Branstad: "I have one thing for Senator Cruz, has he ever tried to get a budget passed through a democratic legislature. The answer is no, he's never lead on the statewide level just in the senate on his high horse. Let me answer his question I have tried 3 times in every budget I've put forth. But I haven't been able to do that beacuse of democrats. When Cruz says I put politics over people I say how did I win with over 55% of the vote in a democratic state last year. When he only got 58% in a Republican State. If I put politics over people than Senator Cruz puts Israelis over Americans. Enough is enough that's a lie what he is saying."
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #165 on: August 24, 2015, 07:06:44 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2015, 07:29:58 PM by Bigby »

(Gonna go ahead and let everyone know that I am staying in. I want to join on the posting, so I will.)

Private Meeting Between Governor Haslam and Dr. Oswald Jackson

"So, Governor..." Jackson sighs while reading a Wall Street Journal article about the recent campaign shifts. "... we need to talk." Haslam interrupts him and sighs. "Yes, I know, Bush, Quayle, and Trump withdrew, and no, it isn't objectively good news. I just don't get it. Jeb crosses party lines while Quayle and Trump turn to the hard right." "Do you plan on dropping out? You were third and fourth, and in some instances second, in many polls last week. You can still defeat Cruz and Ehrlich, I believe. However, if you think that Cruz could give you a reward for conceding to him, or if you want to take the same gambit as Jeb..." Haslam once again interrupts his political adviser. "Look, let's see how people react to my ad and recent activities. I am dominating in Southern endorsements. I'm tapping into a voice of reasonable optimism that I believe will help me out, especially against a boisterous ideologue such as Cruz. I know you're concerned about me, and that's why I hired you, but you're being too sudden. Let's just continue to do what we've been doing, since it's gotten us ahead so far. I want to at least try my hand at the debate." Dr. Jackson just nods, fixing his tie as he gets out of his office chair. "Very well, sir. I will continue to advise you the way I have, but if you decide to become a kingmaker rather than a king, my advice still stands." Haslam just smiles softly and nods while remaining in his seat, finishing his own research. "Of course, Oswald. All I ask is to not rush things."

Official Statement from Press Secretary Juliet Barham: "Governor Haslam, despite the sudden change of variables in the campaign, will continue his Presidential bid. The Governor feels that his message of rationality and conservative reform will continue to resonate with the voters. He advises the Republican Party to not cave into excessive anger, and that he will prove that reason is not only the best way to win the primary, but also that it is the best way to defeat the Democrats on November 8th."
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #166 on: August 24, 2015, 07:59:01 PM »

Statement from Ted Cruz for President
There are over a million abortions every year in the United States. Planned Parenthood is responsible for over 300,000 of them. Governor Branstad can stand up talking about his budget and his Legislature all he wants, but those excuses fall on deaf ears for the millions of faithful Americans who support the rights of the unborn. Governor Branstad has done a lot in the statehouse, but defending Planned Parenthood just didn't seem to make the list of priorities. His lack of commitment to this important issue is why The Family Leader chose to endorse Senator Cruz over Governor Branstad*.
- Rick Tyler, National Spokesperson

*The Family Leader is operated by Bob Vander Plaats, so it is assumed that Cruz won the endorsement of TFL
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #167 on: August 24, 2015, 09:30:54 PM »

Buddy Roemer Presser

REPORTER: "How do you react to the news of the various candidates dropping out?"
BUDDY: "It comes to me as no surprise that candidates are dropping like flies. I was hearing a lot of the same from the field anyway. Bush, Trump, Quayle, Rubio; it's been interesting to see this latest crop. Perhaps most fascinating is Bush's endorsement of Bill Gates. I'm a bit surprised for sure."

REPORTER: "Some have accused you of being a liberal. How do you deal with these attacks"
BUDDY: "I let my record field the attacks. I paid down Louisiana's deficit, which is something most other conservatives in this field haven't been able to do. I consistently stood for life as a representative and governor. Also, as a community businessman, I've always supported regulatory relief for small business and a simplification of the tax code as a whole. I'm more conservative than most others."

REPORTER: "Which other Republicans do you like, if any? Also, what makes you different?"
BUDDY: "Everybody's got important ideas to contribute. I like Rand Paul's focus on smaller government. It's an important message. Moreover, I appreciate John Kasich's focus on helping the poor. However, I see the rest as Wall Street candidates. I'm the only candidate who's pledged to fight inequality using the free market. I'm the only fighter for Main Street and not Wall Street."

REPORTER: "What do you think about dealing with ISIS?"
BUDDY: "We need responsible solutions. A ground war, as suggested by folks like Cruz and Walker, is not smart. It's fiscally irresponsible, ineffective, and leads to a high loss of life. We need to ramp up our drone strikes and provide military aid to allied governments willing to fight ISIS. Moreover, the denizens of Africa and the Middle East need help. It's the US' role to provide humanitarian aid through a new 'Marshall Plan'. I'd call it the 'Be a Buddy Plan'. Not only does this help those who need it, but it also prevents radicalization and builds long term alliances."

REPORTER: "How would you react to Putin's expansionary sentiment?"
BUDDY: "America must ramp up our diplomatic and economic presence in Eastern Europe. Moreover, economic sanctions against Russia should be stronger."
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #168 on: August 24, 2015, 09:45:04 PM »

Cruz for President

Iowa Update

In the past week, Senator Cruz has focused on ramping up efforts in the state of Iowa, selecting county chairs in each of Iowa's 99 counties and directing them to locate precinct captains. The Cruz campaign understands that Iowa will be won on the ground, and leading up to the Iowa caucus, Cruz plans to visit all 99 counties.

We face a challenge, as many in the state are loyal to Governor Branstad. We respect him, we like him...as our Governor. Ted Cruz has the leadership and conservative credentials we need in our nominee, and I think he is someone who can excite the base while also winning over minority groups. We're going to take that message across the state, and we full believe we will win here.
- Bryan English, Iowa State Director

State Senator Dennis Guth, Hancock County Chair, also held a press conference to discuss his position with the campaign.
Reporter: Why have you decided to go with Senator Cruz?
Guth: He's conservative, he's smart, and he can win.
Reporter: Buddy Roemer recently suggested that Senator Cruz's plan to defeat ISIS is "not smart." What do you make his plan?
Guth: Who? Whoever he is doesn't understand the critical need to fight ISIS. I stand behind Senator Cruz.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #169 on: August 24, 2015, 10:10:07 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2015, 10:56:32 PM by Leinad, Southern Legislator »

Advertisement: Defeat the Washington Machine!

These are dark times for America...
...personal liberty is being curtailed by an ever-expanding federal government...
...an increasing tax burden is crippling America's economy...
...and even our own constitutionally protected privacy is being infringed upon.
One candidate has consistently opposed the Washington Machine.
Senator Rand Paul has stood for the American people.
Defeat the Washington Machine! Unleash the American Dream! Stand with Rand!
I'm Rand Paul, and I approve this message!

Will run in: Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada.

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #170 on: August 24, 2015, 10:25:59 PM »

I apologize but do to time constraints I will not be able to post until tomorrow morning. Really sorry yall!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #171 on: August 24, 2015, 10:27:18 PM »

I apologize but do to time constraints I will not be able to post until tomorrow morning. Really sorry yall!

It's fine! Don't worry! Cheesy

My first day of school was today so I'm kind of behind as well; I understand everyone's needs and will make sure that you all have enough time to get everything in before starting the next round. Smiley
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #172 on: August 24, 2015, 10:40:27 PM »

It's fine! Don't worry! Cheesy

My first day of school was today so I'm kind of behind as well; I understand everyone's needs and will make sure that you all have enough time to get everything in before starting the next round. Smiley
Thanks a lot. Mine is next week, and I'm moving cross-country, so I apologize for any future setbacks on my end!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #173 on: August 24, 2015, 10:54:57 PM »

No, thank you! Now I have time! Tongue
CapoteMonster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.49, S: -2.61

« Reply #174 on: August 25, 2015, 12:00:32 AM »
« Edited: August 25, 2015, 12:02:53 AM by CapoteMonster »

July 8th

Town Hall in Nashua New, Hampshire.

Q: What type of Supreme Court justices will you appoint?

A: I will appoint qualified justices who respect states rights and have always used constitutional basis to overturn previous decisions. My philosophy isn't strict constructionist, but I definitely believe in judicial restraint. I've been disappointed at extremists of my party who've called for abolishing the system or putting judges up to election.

Q: What's your tax plan?

A: In a perfect world we'd be able to reduce taxes to around the same rate when Ronald Reagan left office and cut the Corporate tax rate by 17%. However, the number one priority under my administration will be balancing the federal budget and I may have to compromise to do so.

Fundraiser in Nashua, New Hampshire.

Dinner and Speech with the Hillsborough County GOP.

Phone Call with Robert Bentley. "Mr. Bentley, I like your brand of compassionate conservatism and would gladly  accept your endorsement. My experience on the Armed Service and House service committee will serve us well.

July 9th.

Meet and Greet in Bedford.

Barnstorming in Bedford

Meeting with John H. Sununu. "Come on man. I know you want to join your brother so the family's in this together."

Rally with John E. Sununu in Hudson, New Hampshire.

"Thank you fellow New Englanders! I'm working with John Kasich thanks to his successful record in congress and as Governor. No one in this race worked on the downfall of the Soviet Union and an era of Small government in the 90s! He's a true blood Reagan conservative and the man we need for the Whitehouse!

July 9th.

Meeting with Pat Toomey.

Meeting with Joe Pitts. "Joe, I'm proud of more pro-life record and would definitely appoint justices who will overturn Roe v. Wade"

Speech at Philadelphia Urban League.

Speech addressing Medicaid expansion in Pittsburgh. "I stand by what I said,  Saint Peter won't ask me what I've done to keep government small but how I've helped the poor.  Any man who would deny millions of citizens access to healthcare to have taxes just a little smaller or a slightly larger surplus has no place at V.P or health related in a Kasich administration".

July 10th.

Barnstorming in D.C

Meeting with Rob Portman.

Meeting with Thad Cochran. "Working with each other balancing the budget in the Late 90s showed the strength of bi-partisanship. Let's lift everyone like you did in Mississippi!"

Appearance on Meet The Press.

Q: How can you explain your position on Medicaid as a fiscal conservative?

A: There's absolutely no drawback in bringing millions of Buckeyes into the health insurance pool while maintaining large surplus and having a slow expansion rate of Medicaid.

July 11th

Meeting with Rick Snyder.

Anti-Plannned Parenthood Rally.

Barnstorming in Oakland County.

Meet and Greet in Kalamazoo, Michigan.

July 12th

Event at UNH Republican Students meeting.

Town hall at Concord New Hampshire.

Meeting with Scott Brown.

July 13th

Town Hall in Derry, New Hampshire.

Barnstorming with Sununu in Derry.

GOP lunch in Salem.

Rally in Salem. " To many Americans having and R in your name is a Scarlett Letter. But I will assure you now American will be left behind! I had a winning coalition in Ohio that included blacks and working poor that can form a new image! God Bless America!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies