2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:52:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 20
Author Topic: 2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5  (Read 55822 times)
NHI
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: August 30, 2015, 10:12:05 PM »

I will have my schedule up by tomorrow night 8est
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #201 on: August 30, 2015, 10:14:16 PM »

No rush, guys. I'm pretty busy as well and I understand that quite a few people might be needing a little extra time to get their stuff in.

Of course, remember to make as many posts as possible, as (once more) the official main goal of this ITL is to surpass Lumine's in post count.

Tongue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #202 on: August 30, 2015, 10:43:06 PM »

Ted Cruz for President: July - December Summary

With the recent withdrawals, one thing was clear to the Cruz campaign: they had an opening. Looking at the rest of the field, no one quite matched Cruz in terms of charisma and being able to fire up the conservative base. It also didn't hurt that Cruz was the only non-white candidate in the race. While Ehrlich was close nationally, Cruz remained unworried, confident that Ehrlich's pro-choice views would inevitably sink his campaign. Branstad would be a challenge in Iowa, and Walker, while less charismatic, appeals to the same voters. Nevertheless, Ted Cruz was a man on a mission - with the right mixture of social conservative campaigning while also providing assurance to the establishment that he could win in the general, Cruz had a plan and was ready to go.

The remainder of July was spend working to consolidate the conservatives - Cruz began his bus tour, starting in Iowa and touring through the south, ending up in Floriday on July 29th. Many of those stops included opening new offices - Cruz intended on opening a campaign office in every state that voted in February and March 2016 by the beginning of fall. Cruz's message was simple - despite a couple popular southern governors running, he was the most conservative candidate in the race, and he would win.

August looked like much of the same in terms of message: Cruz was the conservative. He held various religious freedom rallies in conservative bastions of the country, drawing huge crowds along the way. While on those trips he would speak with religious leaders and conservative shakers - getting "high profile" endorsements was important, but even more so was getting the support of grassroots activists.

September rolled around and Cruz knew it was time to get serious - keep it close in New Hampshire so Ehrlich and Kaisch don't run away with it, but win Iowa. During the month of September Cruz visited all of the major cities in Iowa - some twice. His campaign benefited with the support of state conservative leaders Bob Vander Plaats and Steve King stumping for him. While he personally held Branstad in high regard, he knew he would have to highlight the differences if he was to win. Cruz's campaign made the argument that he was more electable than Branstad, had a better chance of winning the nomination, and would be better suited to hold the conservative mantle. Cruz's spin operatives would be quick to point out that Branstad hasn't been a vocal leader for conservative issues nationally - Cruz has.

By the end of October, Cruz had visited every state in Iowa - the grassroots efforts were in place, now it was time to start providing the specifics that voters wanted. Cruz outlined his budget plan, which included across the board tax cut while also limiting government spending. Cruz promised to eliminate loopholes and unfair tax breaks, ensuring that every American pays their fair share. Cruz also outlined his plan to repeal and replace Obamacare, which included health savings accounts and allowing access across state lines, similar to the Romney plan introduced in 2012. Cruz didn't want to go too extreme - he wanted to show voters that while his campaign has been largely focused on social issues, he can also have an economic policy that is reasonable and can be implemented.

With policies in place, November included a time of getting back to the basics. Cruz began frequent visits in the leadoff states, working with surrogates to lock down South Carolina while also providing his libertarian charm in Nevada and New Hampshire. By the end of the month, Cruz would have a campaign office in every county in Nevada and New Hampshire, as well as numerous ones in Iowa and South Carolina. With the campaign heating up, Cruz would take every opportunity he could get to talk on FOX News in an effort to keep the conservative base fired up behind him. He also started running negative ads in Iowa and South Carolina - Iowa targeting Branstad's failed promise to defund Planned Parenthood and Haslam's mixed record on guns, New Hampshire was attacking Ehrlich for being pro-choice, running clips over and over of his comment that it was a "tough issue." Cruz would respond by saying that to him, defending innocent life is not a "tough decision" and he will only nominate pro-life judges to the Supreme Court.

December was much like November - Cruz had consistently said he was the most conservative, now it came down to comparing his record to the other primary contenders, which proved that he was. Cruz split his time in half between Super Tuesday states and leadoff states - Iowa was less of a focus as he knew most of January would be spent there. Rather, it was continued infrastructure building to ensure that his campaign would be prepared for the long haul, though they hoped to have the race wrapped up much sooner.

Ted Cruz knew he was the most conservative in the race. He also knew he could win, both the primary and the general. Now it is just a matter of hard work and grit - Cruz was determined to be the 45th President of the United States.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #203 on: August 31, 2015, 01:24:28 AM »

Will have my debate responses first thing in the morning, followed by my schedule.
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #204 on: August 31, 2015, 09:28:12 AM »

Al Gore has dropped out from the Presidential election campaign and will endorse Hillary Clinton. Hillary Clinton was a fantastic First Lady. She also served as U.S. Senator from New York bewteen 2001 and 2009 and also the Secretary of State under the current President's first term. Mrs Clinton will make a fantastic President.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #205 on: August 31, 2015, 11:38:51 AM »

I will be able to post on sunday, so I'm asking for an extention of the round.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #206 on: August 31, 2015, 12:12:43 PM »

Al Gore has dropped out from the Presidential election campaign and will endorse Hillary Clinton. Hillary Clinton was a fantastic First Lady. She also served as U.S. Senator from New York bewteen 2001 and 2009 and also the Secretary of State under the current President's first term. Mrs Clinton will make a fantastic President.

Hillary dropped out due to cancer, you know there is another blonde woman from New England in the race... (Not Gillibrand)
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #207 on: August 31, 2015, 01:05:48 PM »

Tonight..... I am going to post part of my schedule and the reponses to the interview questions the Mod is going to post for Gary Locke. Time is limited......
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #208 on: August 31, 2015, 05:16:53 PM »
« Edited: August 31, 2015, 06:25:12 PM by DimpledChad »

REPORT: HILLARY WEIGHING REENTRY INTO RACE (CLARIFIED)

Washington (CNN) - With the encouragement of Al Gore for her to reenter the race and the news that chemotherapy has been highly successful, an anonymous member of Hillary Clinton's inner circle reveals to CNN, the former Secretary of State is considering relaunching her campaign.

News surfaced yesterday that chemotherapy to treat Hillary Clinton's advanced stage lung cancer has been "highly successful." It was reported that "about 95% of the cancer is believed to have been eradicated." A source close to Clinton reveals to CNN that there have been discussions about the viability of reviving the campaign. Our source wanted to be quoted as saying, "nothing is set in stone," but Clinton is weighing the possibility.

ABOVE: Al Gore suspends his campaign for president, at a press conference in Manhattan.

According to the insider, Clinton was planning to endorse Al Gore at a February 2 speech in Des Moines, just prior to the Iowa caucuses, before Gore dropped out of contention. Reportedly the two shared a phone call on Sunday, one day before Gore's withdrawal, described as "tense." Despite attempts by Clinton and her husband to persuade Gore to remain in the presidential race, he reportedly was firm in his decision to drop out.

Those are  the only details available to us right now. Watch this space.

UPDATE: According to a source who spoke to BuzzFeed News, the claim that Clinton is considering reentering the race is false. According to the BuzzFeed insider, Clinton will be staying out of the presidential race, but the insider reports the claim that she planned to endorse Al Gore is true. Also true is the report of a February 2 event in Des Moines, which apparently is still the plan. Reportedly, the Clintons "absolutely will not" be endorsing Bill Gates, who was endorsed by former Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush last month. The discussion is apparently focused on Elizabeth Warren and Gary Locke at the moment, but the other candidates remain possible endorsees. Watch this space.

UPDATE #2: The BuzzFeed story has been clarified. The insider BuzzFeed spoke to reports that there was in fact a discussion about reentering the race, but Bill Clinton poured cold water on it almost immediately, fearing for his wife's health. The discussion then went to the personal quarters of the Clintons. While the decision is still up in the air, the source came away with the feeling that Clinton will ultimately not revive her campaign, but did acknowledge that it remains a possibility. Stay tuned for further updates.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #209 on: August 31, 2015, 06:49:54 PM »

* darthebearnc after seeing above post: Plot twist! Cheesy
* darthebearnc after seeing update to above post: Not actual plot twist Sad
So..... interview ready ?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #210 on: August 31, 2015, 08:58:01 PM »

Scott Walker Campaign Schedule July - December
[/center]

Scott Walker has been focusing the majority of his campaign efforts in both Iowa and New Hampshire, believing a win in either state will give his campaign the needed momentum to further states and thus the nomination. By December 2015, he visited all 99 counties in Iowa and all ten counties in New Hampshire. In both July and August he rode through both states on his Harley, working to consolidate the conservative voting bloc as well as bolster his image as an 'everyman'. Walker seeks to portray himself as a man of the people and the type of guy voters would want to share a beer.

His events, have mostly been tailored to town hall style events, as well as meet and greets at local pubs and eateries in both Iowa and New Hampshire.

In October, Walker laid out a three point plan called "America's Fresh Start". In his proposal he talked about capping federal spending at a percentage of GDP, lowering corporate taxes and stripping back needless regulation. He called his plan "foolproof" and "one which is designed for a pro-growth economy, instead of a lackluster Obama economy."

November and December allowed the Governor to hit home his America's Fresh Start proposal and hitting the political stump

Walker at the opening of his Iowa Campaign HQ

January Schedule:

January 3: Iowa
- Town Hall in Council Bluffs, IA
- Meet and Greet at Texas Road House Council Bluffs, IA
- Rally in Cedar Falls, IA
- Interview with Anderson Cooper, CNN from Cedar Falls, IA
- Interview with Sean Hannity, Fox from Cedar Falls, IA

January 4: New Hampshire
- Town Hall at Littleton, NH VFW
- Town Hall in Pittsburg, NH
- Town Hall in Jackson, NH
- Town Hall in Portsmouth, NH
- Interview with Chris Matthews, MSNBC from Manchester, NH

January 5: New Hampshire/Iowa
- Rally in Manchester, NH with Mayor Ted Gatsas
- Rally in Davenport, IA
- Rally in Mason City, IA
- Phone banking at Des Moines, IA

January 6: Iowa
- Town Hall in Clinton, IA
- Town Hall in Clear Lake, IA
- Town Hall in Waterloo, IA
- Interview with Wolf Blitzer, CNN

January 7: Iowa/New Hampshire
- Rally in Fort Doge, IA
- Rally in Portsmouth, NH at Pease Tradeport
- Touring Manchester Businesses with Ted Gatsas
- Meet and Greet at The Red Arrow Diner, Manchester, NH
- Meet and Greet at Milly's Tavern, Manchester, NH
- Meet and Greet at Libby's Tavern, Durham, NH
- Private House Party in Durham, NH

January 8: New Hampshire
- Meeting with Former Senator Bob Smith, Concord, NH
- Town Hall in Kennsington, NH
- Town Hall in Dover, NH

January 9: Iowa
- Organizing in Ames, IA
- Organizing in Des Moines, IA
- Rally at University of Iowa
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #211 on: August 31, 2015, 09:21:44 PM »

"First thank you for the question and thank you to Senator Warren. I think this is a great demonstration and exercise to show the American people the difference between the Republican and Democratic Party and our solutions and policies for America's future.

With regards to your first question, my litmus test would be simple: Fidelity to the Constitution of the United States and through that a justice who respects the tenth amendment, as well as the second amendment and defends the rights and liberties of all Americans, both born and unborn."

No. I've said it before, I think the minimum wage is lame and it's not the discussion to be having.  People like the Senator and those on the left are concerned with the wages of working people, yet they skip over qualifications, skillsets and education. More education will lead to better wages, we should leave it to the private sector rather than having government dictating it.

Under a Walker Administration I will sit down with the leaders of both the Senate and Congress and ask a simple question, is this program so necessary it's worth burying our children with debt and running away on endless credit. Now the Senator is going to say we need to raise taxes, when I believe we need to lower taxes and cut spending. This is what we've done in Wisconsin and it's worked and it can work in Washington. Focus on cutting spending, getting rid of unnecessary programs like Obamacare, which is killing us. I'd start with repealing Obamacare, if you want an useless government program.

We are a nation of laws and those laws must respected. If you come into this country illegally you will be kicked out. If you want to come here, we welcome you, but legally. Get in line and wait like anyone else. We must uphold the laws of the land.

I do not believe it is a settled issue. Should we be preserving our natural resources, yes, but not at the expense of jobs and the economy. The Senator and the those on the left like to believe this is the greatest challenge of our time, well I believe and so do millions of Americans that fixing the economy and dealing with a potential nuclear Iran is the greatest challenges of our time, not if ice caps are melting.

The focus right here is on Iran, not any other country, but I would agree with you on that point. We have not been given a fair deal from Saudi Arabia. They are ripping us off and we should call them off for it. We should not cut off ties with them, but we should be clear with them on our position over Israel and other Christian nations.

I cannot believe you would asks such a disgusting and disgraceful question. I think both the Senator and I believe as does anyone running for President, spouses are off limits. Now, I'm pro-life I do not apologize for holding that view and holding a view that millions of average-everyday Americans share. I believe all life is precious, I believe all life has value and given the heinous video tapes from Plan Parenthood, I would argue even the Senator has to agree it is a truly heinous act and these facilities should be condemned.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #212 on: August 31, 2015, 09:32:27 PM »

I cannot believe you would asks such a disgusting and disgraceful question. I think both the Senator and I believe as does anyone running for President, spouses are off limits. Now, I'm pro-life I do not apologize for holding that view and holding a view that millions of average-everyday Americans share. I believe all life is precious, I believe all life has value and given the heinous video tapes from Plan Parenthood, I would argue even the Senator has to agree it is a truly heinous act and these facilities should be condemned.

Not in 1988... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF9gSyku-fc

But anyway, great responses!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #213 on: August 31, 2015, 09:49:33 PM »

CNN Interview with Fmr. Governor Gary Locke

1. Recently, a Gallup poll indicated that only 45% of Americans approve of President Obama's job performance, while 49% disapprove. As President, how would a Locke Administration be different than our current one?

2. Recently, a number of terrorist organizations including the ISIL, al Qaeda, Boko Haram, and the Taliban have been active across the Middle East, killing thousands of innocent civilians and terrorizing the region. Do you prefer to identify these terrorist organizations as 'Islamic', or do you wish not to use that term?

3. As President, what actions will you take to fight these groups? Do you believe that putting the lives of American citizens in danger is necessary to stop this threat?

4. If you could have any one new law of your choice come into effect today, what would it be?

5. What is your view on the Iran Deal currently being negotiated by the Obama Administration, and if elected, what would you do to support or oppose it?

6. What do you think the biggest issue currently facing our nation is and as President, what will you do to fix it?

7. Do you support reintroducing Glass-Steagall? Why or why not?

8. Do you support statehood for Puerto Rico and Washington, D.C.? Why or why not?

9. What is your view on net neutrality? If elected, what will you do in regard to it?

10. Which of your fellow Democratic primary opponents do you feel agrees with you on the most issues? The least?
_______

NOTE: This is an interview that jojoju1998 asked me to create for his candidate, Gary Locke. If you would like me to do something similar for your candidate, feel free to ask! Smiley
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #214 on: August 31, 2015, 09:52:13 PM »

Not in 1988... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF9gSyku-fc

But anyway, great responses!

Haha, thanks!
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #215 on: August 31, 2015, 11:32:11 PM »
« Edited: August 31, 2015, 11:35:53 PM by Bigby »

Governor Haslam July - December Summary

July: Governor Haslam continued to sweep the early Southern and Southwestern states, primarily South Carolina, Nevada, Florida, and Georgia. While he stressed his conservative beliefs and record as Governor of Tennessee, he also continued to stress his message of optimism and rationality. He has worked with his media director Peter Aaltnik to build an updated campaign website. The website was updated to go beyond just basic facts about Governor Haslam and his campaign. The site now includes a full list of issues, a link to Haslam's voting record, and all of the ads he has published during the primary season.

August: The Governor spent most of this month campaigning in Michigan, Iowa, Colorado, and New Hampshire, trying to improve his poll numbers outside of his Southern base. However, he still made the time to visit states such as South Carolina and Florida. During a trip to South Carolina, Haslam reappeared in Mt. Pleasant to reaffirm his pro-religious liberty message, and that he was the best candidate to defend the religious liberty of the American people from governmental violation. His biggest event was in Denver, Colorado, where he blasted the National Surveillance Agency. He took a libertarian stance on the issue.

Rally Excerpt: "This administration has baffled me. The President claims to be for freedom, but he allows the NSA to continue spying on Americans unconstitutionally. Even worse, he is upset that American citizens want the spying to stop! There is something called the 4th Amendment, which protects the right to privacy. Thanks to the 4th Amendment, searches and seizures must legally be first be approved by a signed warrant based off of probable cause. The Orwellian nature of the NSA program allows the government to look at your data and all without ever having the necessary warrant first. Look, I want to be secure, but security does not come to those who sacrifice liberty. We must reaffirm the supremacy of the Constitution and stop NSA spying now!"

September: Haslam mostly returned to his base in the South during this month. His most visited states in this month were North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Oklahoma, and Iowa. The biggest event of this month was at a trade issues rally in Cesar Rapids, Iowa. While the Governor maintained that he was a staunch fiscal conservative and believed that the free market ultimately treats everyone the best, he warned against the dangers of outsourcing and "giving too much up in trade deals." Much of his speech was hammering the President and Congress for the Trans-Pacific Partnership. He urged legislators to not support it by any means, as it will "cause other nations to further drain the economic blood of the American worker." Haslam promised that as President, he will not support the TPP agreement under any circumstances, because "he puts America first."

October: Haslam took the middle ground with the American map and campaigned at various points in the entire nation. His most frequent stops this month were Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada. In a rally at Rock Hill, South Carolina, Haslam tackled the issue of abortion. While the Governor did reaffirm that he was personally pro-life and considered abortion a "sad, frightening option," he argued that conservatives are losing the battle by directly going after Roe v. Wade. In his view, this was antagonizing the political center excessively and allowing the overt pro-choice crowd to win. Instead, he proposed that gradual, cautious pro-life reforms are a better alternative to trying to overturn Roe v. Wade. He reaffirmed support for the ban on partial birth abortion. He called for a federal ban on abortion after 20 weeks. He stated his desire to pass legislation to require consent for any abortions for those under the age of 18. According to Governor Haslam, these more mild and gradual reforms would allow the pro-life movement to save lives.

November: Governor Haslam's campaign began to slow during this month. He took the last week of the month off to spend Thanksgiving at home with his family. However, he made up for it by campaigning more heavily during the first three weeks. He spent the majority of his time in Nevada, Arizona, Florida, and Virginia. However, he booked one event to take place in Texas, the backyard of Senator Cruz. This event was a town hall event on immigration. The Governor gave what he considered a "moderate and conservative compromise" on the issue. He opposed blanket amnesty, bur argued that the federal government should enforce current laws rather than building a wall or enacting more laws. He also endorsed the idea of allowing state governments to assist the federal government in patrolling their own state borders.

Town Hall Excerpt: "No, I oppose any blanket amnesty plan, and that includes the Gang of Eight's bill. Blanket amnesty for illegal immigrants is a slap in the face to all Americans, including legal immigrants. However, we cannot be brash with deportation. To do so would be far too costly and it will only disrupt the system further. We must review case by case and ensure those who need to be deported are, but it must be done gradually, cautiously, and correctly. These migrants may try to become American citizens, but they must go to the back of the line and go through the legal process like legal immigrants. That is only fair. So, while I oppose a blanket, instantaneous amnesty, these migrants will be allowed to become American citizens, but only if they go through the legal immigration progress like everyone else. They must abide by our laws if they truly desire to be American citizens, and that is how it must be."

December: Like with November, Governor Haslam took a small portion of the month off to celebrate Christmas with his family. This month was spent far more cautiously, and was mostly spent to ensure that campaign infrastructure and support was maintained. Again, Haslam spent most of his time in the earliest states. Since he spent the majority of December ensuring that his campaign was doing fine and that there were no major issues, he held no major issue rallies. Instead, he continued to defend his record and spread his message of optimism and reason when barnstorming or meeting with voters.

A Select Sample of Governor Haslam 2016 Ads

Haslam for America: The American Promise.
Originally ran in: Colorado, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Florida, and Iowa.

"As Governor of Tennessee, I made the Tennessee Promise to the students of my state. This promise was a promise to make college more affordable, to expand opportunities for success, and to enable educational pathways for success that would otherwise not be accessible. I made this promise because I want my state's youth to succeed and prosper in an increasingly global economy and culture. Now, I want to do the same for America. This is my American Promise, a promise to tackle obstacles primary, secondary, and tertiary education. I want the students of America to succeed at all levels, so they can fulfill the American dream. Education reform has been a top concern for me as Governor, and it will be as President."

Governor Haslam on Birth Control.
Originally ran in: Colorado, Michigan, New Hampshire, Florida, Virgnia, and Minnesota.

"There is a debate on both sides on whether or not private companies should be forced to pay for a woman's birth control. I believe that a private company's rights would be infringed by enacting such a policy, and I oppose such a mandate. However, that is not the end of my policy on birth control. Rather than making it an insurance issue, I support making birth control an over-the-counter drug. I understand that birth control is necessary for other women's health issues besides pregnancy, and women deserve to receive the medication they need for those issues. Since I also want to respect the rights of employers, I believe that this is a compromise that benefits all and harms no one. Employers will not be forced to fund a mandate that they do not desire to, and women will still receive the medication they need. It is a win-win."

Say No to the Iran Deal: Haslam and American Nuclear Safety.
Originally ran in: Iowa, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, Arizona, Virginia, and South Carolina.

"My fellow Americans, our government is blatantly ignoring common sense. You've all heard of the nuclear deal President Obama wants to sign with Iran to lift sanctions and nuclear restrictions on the Iranian nation. Supposedly, this deal will somehow make America and its allies safer. I am sorry, but this deal is heading us in the WRONG direction if our priority is safety. Not only is Iran a chief sponsor of terrorism in the Middle East, there is no reason to trust them with nuclear capabilities. This deal would permit a country whose leaders chant for our deaths to use uranium. How is that even in our best interests? Lifting these sanctions and restrictions on Iran would only enable the rogue nation to cause havoc for Israel, America, and everyone else. Not only would I oppose this deal as President, but if it is passed during the remainder of Obama's tenure, I would work with Congress immediately to reimpose sanctions and restrictions on Iran. We cannot, will not, and should not give a wicked government such as Iran's the benefit of the doubt. A vote for Governor Bill Haslam is a vote against the Iran deal."
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #216 on: September 01, 2015, 05:38:08 AM »

Well it looks like the dropouts finally stopped for the most part! Smiley I was expecting Gore's, but we did manage to save Biden and we might even be expecting a reentry! Cheesy
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #217 on: September 01, 2015, 07:37:45 AM »

Joe Biden is willing to discuss bipartisan healthcare reform and a Select Committee with any of the following Republican candidates:

- John Kasich
- Bill Haslam
- Ben Carson

Should more than one accept, Biden would gladly meet with all and allow an equal amount of Democratic candidates to attend.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #218 on: September 01, 2015, 02:46:06 PM »

CNN Interview with Fmr. Governor Gary Locke

1. Recently, a Gallup poll indicated that only 45% of Americans approve of President Obama's job performance, while 49% disapprove. As President, how would a Locke Administration be different than our current one?

2. Recently, a number of terrorist organizations including the ISIL, al Qaeda, Boko Haram, and the Taliban have been active across the Middle East, killing thousands of innocent civilians and terrorizing the region. Do you prefer to identify these terrorist organizations as 'Islamic', or do you wish not to use that term?

3. As President, what actions will you take to fight these groups? Do you believe that putting the lives of American citizens in danger is necessary to stop this threat?

4. If you could have any one new law of your choice come into effect today, what would it be?

5. What is your view on the Iran Deal currently being negotiated by the Obama Administration, and if elected, what would you do to support or oppose it?

6. What do you think the biggest issue currently facing our nation is and as President, what will you do to fix it?

7. Do you support reintroducing Glass-Steagall? Why or why not?

8. Do you support statehood for Puerto Rico and Washington, D.C.? Why or why not?

9. What is your view on net neutrality? If elected, what will you do in regard to it?

10. Which of your fellow Democratic primary opponents do you feel agrees with you on the most issues? The least?
_______

NOTE: This is an interview that jojoju1998 asked me to create for his candidate, Gary Locke. If you would like me to do something similar for your candidate, feel free to ask! Smiley
1. I believe that the Frustration is directed at Washington itself. Look, I have been part of Washington. It can work together. But when we have Politicians getting checks from Special Interest Groups, it screws up the process. When I am President, I will get Washington working again, by removing the temptation of Special Interest Groups.

2. There is a difference between these Terrorists, and Hard Working, Tax Paying, and Patriotic Muslim Americans. So by calling these Terorrists ' Islamic ', you are painting with a very broad brush.

3. My Plan which is online will destroy ISIS in 10 years, by having targeted Air Strikes, Removing ISIS's funding, and use small number of troops....... it is a good plan.

4. For a new law..... I think that Replacing The No Child Left Behind Act with a Alternative is a good idea. My Alternative will allow states to take control of our children's education. My Plan has been released online.

5. The Iran Deal is a good deal. The Problem has to do with implementation. And As President, I will implement the deal......  clearly. And If Iran cheats, then Military Action is possible.

6. The Biggest Issue facing our country, is how do we reduce Income Inequality.... So I will work together with Congress to reform Our Tax Code so that it is more fair to our taxpayers. That will reduce Inequality alot.

7. We now live in a 21st Century Economy. It is not 1933 anymore. I do support regulations on big banks..... but it has to fit this new economy we live in.

8. It is the people's choice, I can not say wheter or not they should join the Union, it is their choice.

9. The Internet must be free and fair..... So Yes I support Net Neutrality.

10. All of my colleagues are true Progressives. But I have the knowledge to put progressive ideas into Action....
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #219 on: September 01, 2015, 02:56:44 PM »

Des Moines, Iowa

"My friends today I must announce to you that I've been diagnosed with Stage 4 penial cancer and Stage 2 Brain Cancer. I must sadly say that the doctors have told me that I have about January of 2017 to live with that saying I'm dropping out of the presidential race. I have not decided who to make my endorsement of yet. I'm sad to say this but may God Bless You and may he bless America.

To Recieve my endorsement you have to work hard in Iowa and meet with me in person and lay out your views on abortion, common core and the UN.

I'm really sorry Dar but I don't have time anymore since school started.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #220 on: September 01, 2015, 03:30:58 PM »

Des Moines, Iowa

"My friends today I must announce to you that I've been diagnosed with Stage 4 penial cancer and Stage 2 Brain Cancer. I must sadly say that the doctors have told me that I have about January of 2017 to live with that saying I'm dropping out of the presidential race. I have not decided who to make my endorsement of yet. I'm sad to say this but may God Bless You and may he bless America.

To Recieve my endorsement you have to work hard in Iowa and meet with me in person and lay out your views on abortion, common core and the UN.

But what's with all the cancer?
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #221 on: September 01, 2015, 03:55:19 PM »

Joe Biden is willing to discuss bipartisan healthcare reform and a Select Committee with any of the following Republican candidates:

- John Kasich
- Bill Haslam
- Ben Carson

Should more than one accept, Biden would gladly meet with all and allow an equal amount of Democratic candidates to attend.

Press Secretary Juliet Barham has confirmed that Governor Bill Haslam is willing to join this select committee.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #222 on: September 01, 2015, 04:06:58 PM »

Joe Biden again invites candidates to a Bipartisan Healthcare Select Committee. Preparation for it may be done through private contact between campaigns*.

This time, we invite all Republican and Democratic candidates. Oreferences wll be made on a  first come, first basis.

However, if the following agree at all, they shall be allowed to attend:

John Kasich
Ben Carson

The following Independents are also invited**:

Hiram Ross Perot, Jr.(I-TX)
Larry Pressler(I-SD)
John B. Anderson(I-IL)
Tim Penny(I-MN)
Mike Gravel(I-AK)
Joe Lieberman(I-CT)

- Press Release by Campaign Spokesman Thomas Roberts of New York

OOC:
*PMs
**If darthe allows it. Individual accept ions are okay, but I'd prefer it if all could attend the panel.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #223 on: September 01, 2015, 04:31:57 PM »

Des Moines, Iowa

But what's with all the cancer?

It's contagious maybe? Tongue
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #224 on: September 01, 2015, 04:42:51 PM »
« Edited: September 01, 2015, 04:56:40 PM by vivaportugalhabs »

Buddy Roemer General Schedule

July-January
July
Fundraise heavily using the internet
Meet with Governor Branstad
Barnstorm in Iowa (With Jim Leach and Rod Blum) and South Carolina (With Bob Inglis)
Reach out to Young Republican groups
Emphasizing Buddy's credentials
Approach fmr. Iowa SoS Matt Schultz for an endorsement
August
Bus/Barnstorming tour up the east coast (Charleston, WV-Caribou, ME)
Focus on increasing name recognition in New England through Town Halls in NH, MA, VT, and ME
Fundraising online
Flesh out issue responses
Approach fmr. Senator Olympia Snowe, fmr. Rep. Roscoe Bartlett, and fmr. MA Governor William Weld for endorsements
Visit Iowa too
September
Barnstorming throughout Nevada to get name recognition
Talking to Republicans in Nevada and California
Holding Town Halls in New Hampshire and courting Libertarian-leaning voters
Rallying and touring small towns in Iowa
Opening offices across Iowa
Holding moneybombs online for fundraising
Approach fmr. NM Governor Gary Johnson, fmr. Rep. Richard Baker, and various Iowa state reps  for endorsements
October
Attacking Ted Cruz's extremism on the trail
Barnstorming tour (IA, NE, KS, MO, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, GA, SC)
Meeting voters in South Carolina
Opening offices in South Carolina
Approach fmr. Rep. Jo Ann Emerson, Louisiana State Senate President John Alario, Louisiana Lt. Governor Jay Dardenne, and fmr. Louisiana Lt. Gov Paul Hardy for endorsements
November
Visiting the rest of Iowa's counties and increasing name recognition
Fundraising via small donors
Building up social media popularity
Courting the Libertarian-leaners in Iowa
Touring IL, MN, and WI
Thanksgiving with the family in Des Moines
Meet with members of the Ripon Society, Karen Kwiatkowski, and call Kansas Rep. Barbera Bollier for endorsements
December
Fundraising and organizing in Nevada
Big surge in online fundraising
Organizing volunteers at our Iowa offices
Organizing volunteers in New Hampshire
Barnstorming in Iowa, Nevada, and South Carolina
Town halls in New Hampshire
Christmas with the family in Manchester, NH
Meet with NH Insurance Commissioner Roger Sevigny, NH State Rep. William Infantine, and fmr. US House candidate Marilinda Garcia for endorsements

Roemer for President Ads

1. Sick and Tired Social Media: Nationwide
"Like this page and donate here if you're sick and tired of DC gridlock, special interests, and a government that's too damn big!"

2. Values Radio: Iowa, SC
"Buddy Roemer lives out the same values that everyday Americans swear by. Hard work, determination, resilience, and a passion for helping others. Through his time in congress and as governor of Louisiana, Buddy Roemer became accustomed to fighting for the American taxpayer, be it against ridiculous earmarks, amnesty, wall street, or gun control. Vote for your Buddy, vote Roemer."

3. Big Brother Radio: Nevada, New Hampshire
"Reading our emails, watching our every move, censoring our internet. The big government/big business axis keeps getting more intrusive, which is why I support American privacy rights and an end to crony capitalism. Business and the government have teamed up, and I'm here to keep them both under control! Vote for your Buddy, vote Roemer.

4. Unfair TV: New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Michigan, Ohio
"I look around and see shuttered factories, closing family farms, and a broken immigration system. This is happening because both parties let it be. Nobody stood up and stopped irresponsible trade deals. Nobody stepped up for the family farmers when DC unloaded even more regulations onto them. Nobody fought for the small businesses when Obamacare passed. It's time for a change of course. I believe in fair trade that protects American jobs and borders. I pledge to renegotiate NAFTA if elected president. I believe in simplifying the tax code to be more business friendly and fairer. I believe in a better future, which is why I ask you to stand with me!

5. Life TV: Iowa, South Carolina
"Everybody else says they're pro-life, but let's have a look at their record. Yes, most of the others are anti-abortion, just like Buddy Roemer. However, it soon becomes clear that the GOP field by and large isn't pro life. Most of the field supports foreign entanglements that lead to thousands of deaths. Most of them support the death penalty too. Buddy Roemer stands against the anti-life trifecta, abortion, war, and the death penalty. Vote life, vote for a Buddy.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies