2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:18:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5  (Read 55897 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« on: July 16, 2015, 03:31:38 AM »

Former Marlyland Governor Bob Ehrlich joins GOP race.

Former Marlyland Governor Bob Ehrlich announcing his candidacy in a rally in Baltimore, MD.

Thank you all my friends. Thank you.

Our country is facing a lot of problems and I think that do something to solve our problems it's a duty of all the people of the United States of America. I do not pull back. Today, I announce my candidacy for the presidency of the United States of America.

I'm Bob Ehrlich. I served the people of Maryland as a United States Representative from 1995 to 2003 and then as Governor from 2003 to 2007. So, I do not miss the experience to be the next President of the United States. During my term as Governor and during my campaigns I hold a lot of events across Maryland and I've maintained a special bond with the people of my state. I'm ready to do the same during my presidential campaign. I will travel all across our beautiful country and I look forward to discuss the issues facing our nation and have spirited debates with my fellow republicans on how solve it.

I consider myself as a new kind of republican and the people that I met agree with me. If you take a look at my record as Governor, and I will speak of it in moments, you will find a new kind of republican, different from the other candidates in the GOP field. And I think that if we want to win again, we don't need an extreme candidate, but we need a common-sense republican that is able to speak of the issues facing our country and able to get support from all sides. That's why I was elected Governor in Maryland, a deep-blue state.

When I will be President, combat our enemies, fiscal responsibility, education, health, environment, public safety and commerce will be the pilars of my administration.
As during my years as Governor of Maryland, I will oppose income tax increases.

When I will be President, I'll take all the necessary actions in order to defeat ISIS, that is a scourge of the Middle East and also I will defend our allies all around the world.

Today, the word "government" is a synonym of Washington. It's a synonym of a group of people out of touch with reality, with our people's matters. If I will be elected, government will be a synonym of people, because the government will work again for all our workers, for our students and for all americans.

I'd like to speak of my record as Governor. Under my tenure, Maryland stayed 0.5% or more below the national unemployment average. The unemployment rate dropped from 4.5% in 2003 to 3.9% in 2006 and also there was an increase of 98,000 private sector jobs.

Education is important and during my term, I endorsed a plan granting extra money to poorer school systems and to schools in areas with a higher cost of living. During my administration, I oversaw the opening of the first public charter school in the state and 45 new schools were constructed, and more than 50 schools were fully renovated. Also I invested record funding in Maryland community colleges and in public historically black colleges.

In my cabinet, I established a new position for people with disabilities: the Secretary of Disabilities, that became the first cabinet-level disabilities office in the nation and I'm ready to do it again during my presidency.

And what about environment? I signed and act that helped reduce pollution discharge. The Chesapeake Bay Foundation described this act as the most significant piece of legislation for the Bay in a generation. And I'm proud of it.

During my term, I valutued each request for clemency on a case-by-case basis and I was nationally recognized for my progressive approach that helped free wrongly convicted defendants.

I'm the new kind of republican that our party needs to win and that our nation needs to rise again. So, please join me in this adventure. With our heart, with our commitment, we will do great things for our nation.

Thank you all! God bless you and God bless the United States of America!

Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 11:23:00 AM »
« Edited: August 15, 2015, 03:09:14 PM by Speaker Cris »

Bob Ehrlich - Round 1

Campaign Team:

Campaign Manager: Christian Ferry
Christian Ferry, a Republican political strategist and founding partner of The Trailblazer Group, worked as the deputy campaign manager for successful Sen. John McCain's 2008 presidential campaign.
Communications Director: Brittany Bramell
Brittany Bramell worked as the director of press operations for Sen. John McCain's 2008 presidential campaign and was the press secretary for Speaker of the House John Boehner from 2011 to 2013.
Spokesman: Greg Massoni
Greg Massoni, a longtime Ehrlich confidant and political adviser, already served as Ehrlich's gubernatorial spokesman.
Senior Advisor: Kieran Mahoney
Kieran Mahoney was employed as the managing partner of Mercury Public Affairs. He worked on successful Bob Dole's presidential campaign in 1996, George Pataki's three successfull gubernatorial runs and successfull Al D'Amato's 1992 Senatorial campaign.
Policy Advisor: Rachael Leman
Rachael Leman, a Republican policy consultant and founder of Leman Strategies, worked as the deputy staff director for the House Rules Committee and as a legislative assistant and policy director for former Rep. David Dreier (R-Calif.).
Finance Director: Cathy Blaney
Cathy Blaney has been a fundraiser in New York for political campaigns as well as nonprofit organizations, and in 2006 she became the executive vice president of development for the World Trade Center Memorial Foundation. The New York Times called Blaney the "top Republican fund-raiser in New York" and "the go-to person for national Republicans looking to tap into the state's donor bank."
Iowa Advisor: Tracie Gibler
Tracie Gilber has worked as an Iowa operative for presidential campaigns, including Rudy Giuliani's 2008 Presidential Campaign and Tim Pawlenty's 2012 Presidential Campaign. She has worked in the office of Iowa Senate Majority Leader Bill Dix (R), at the Senate Republican Majority Fund for the Iowa Republican Party and as the chief of staff for U.S. Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa)
New Hampshire Advisor: Paul Young
Paul Young has worked as a New Hampshire operative for five presidential campaigns, including successful John McCain's 2008 Presidential campaign, and has worked as a U.S. Senate aide.
South Carolina Advisor: Shell Suber
Shell Suber worked for former U.S. Sen. Strom Thurmond (R-S.C.) and in a number of South Carolina consulting firms. Suber was political director for successfull Lindsey Graham's 2008 campaign for U.S. Senate and acted as the director of S.C. Victory '08, a statewide coordinated campaign for all GOP candidates.
Pollster: Barry Bennett
Barry Bennett worked on successful campaigns for Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) and Rep. Jean Schmidt (R-Ohio). Right now, he directs BKM Strategies and is a partner of Vox Populi Polling.
Digital Director: Mark O'Neal
Mark O'Neal, a republican Political junkie, previously ran digital networks for Microsoft. He studied Computer Technology and, at the age of 25, he is the digital director of Ehrlich's campaign.

Campaign Schedule:

Governor Bob Ehrlich during the 4th of July Parade in Wolfeboro, NH.

July 1st, 2015
- Meeting with Governor Larry Hogan in Baltimore, MD.
- Meeting with Campaign team in Baltimore, MD.
- Meet and Greet in Bowie, MD.
- Interview on The Lead from Baltimore, MD.
- Interview on The Kelly File from Baltimore, MD.

July 2nd, 2015
- Meeting with former Governor John H. Sununu in Nashua, NH.
- Meeting with former Senator Scott Brown in Manchester, NH.
- Rally in Manchester, NH.
- Town Hall in Concord, NH.
- Meeting with Senator Kelly Ayotte in Manchester, NH.
- Meet and Greet in Dover, NH.

July 3rd, 2015
- Interview with WMUR
- Town Hall in Salem, NH.
- Meet and Greet in Laconia, NH.
- Launch with Campaign volunteers in Manchester, NH.
- Meet and Greet in Manchester, NH.
- Town Hall in Wolfeboro, NH.

"To win, our party needs a new kind of republican. Not an extreme candidate. We need a common-sense candidate, a principled candidate but that is able to catch support from all political sides, because if we want to win again after 8 years of failed leadership, we need a candidate that unites, not a divisive candidate. If you want to win in my home state of Maryland, you need to get support from all political sides. I did that. And if you want to win a presidential election, you need to do the same. I already did this in Maryland and I'm ready to do the same in November 2016." -- Gov. Ehrlich during a Town Hall in Salem, NH.

July 4th, 2015
- 4th of July Parade in Wolfeboro, NH.

July 5th, 2015
- Meeting with Senator John McCain in Washington, DC.
- Meeting with Senator Lindsey Graham in Washington, DC.
- Meeting with Representative Frank Guinta in Washington, DC.

July 6th, 2015
- Interview on America's Newsroom from New York City, NY.
- Meeting with former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani in New York City, NY.
- Meet and Greet in Albany, NY.
- Meeting with former Governor George Pataki in Albany, NY.
- Meet and Greet in Buffalo, NY.

July 7th, 2015
- Meet and Greet in Urbandale, IA.
- Town Hall in Ames, IA.
- Rally in West Des Moines, IA.
- Meeting with Senator Chuck Grassley in Des Moines, IA.
- Meet and Greet in Cedar Falls, IA.
- Social dinner with Gov. Ehrlich in Cedar Falls, IA.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 03:22:05 AM »

Statement from the Ehrlich campaign:

"Governor Ehrlich, his family and his team wish the best for Secretary Hillary Clinton and Frank Fiorina and as well for their families. Our prayers, our thoughts are with Mr. Fiorina, Mrs. Clinton and their families, hoping that both will recover soon."
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 05:02:17 AM »
« Edited: August 22, 2015, 10:07:19 AM by Speaker Cris »

Bob Ehrlich TV AD

To air in the following states:

Bob Ehrlich speaks:

"Today, our country is facing several issues. Washington doesn't help to solve these issues.

We need a President that will stop our enemies.

We need a President that will stand up for our allies around the world.

We need a President that will fight unemployment, as I successful did in Maryland.

We need a President that will create more jobs, as I successful did during my years in Maryland.

We need a President that will balance the budget, and I did that during my governorship.

We need a President that will cut taxes and will say no to tax increases, and I did that when I was Governor.

We need a President that will make education and schools a priority, and I did that.

We need a President that will fight hard for our environment. And I did that when I was Governor of Maryland.

Current government leaders are out of touch with the American people. We need to change that. That's why I'm asking for your vote.
If I will be elected President, Washington will not be synonymous of people out of touch with reality. Washington will be synonymous of people in contact with reality, because we'll work for the American people. We'll work to make our country more safe and more prosperous.

I'm Bob Ehrlich and I approve this message."

Campaign schedule coming when endorsements for this round will be posted.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 08:03:47 AM »

Bob Ehrlich - Round 2

Campaign Schedule:

July 8th, 2015
- Meet and Greet in Iowa City, IA.
- Rally in Waterloo, IA.
- Meet and Greet in Marion, IA.
- Town Hall in Clive, IA.
- Appearance on Hardball from Des Moines, IA.

Governor Bob Ehrlich on Hardball.

Matthews: "For many political analysts, your high standings in national polls and in states like New Hampshire is a big surprise. Many don't think you have a real chance of keep the momentum and  win the nomination. What's your response, Governor?"
Ehrlich: "Yes, Chris. We are close to the top in national polls and we are leading in New Hampshire, and it's not even close. For many it's a surprise, not at all for me. I think that my message, a strong message on economy, foreign policy, environment, education, is resonating with my fellow republicans and with all voters. I absolutely think that we are going to keep and invigorate our momentum and that we are going to win the nomination and then the presidency."

July 9th, 2015
- Meet and Greet in Paradise, NV.
- Meeting with Senator Dean Heller in Las Vegas, NV.
- Meeting with Representative Joe Heck in Henderson, NV.
- Meeting with Representative Cresent Hardy in Mesquite, NV.
- Rally in Carson City, NV.
- Meeting with Representative Mark Amodei in Carson City, NV.

July 10th, 2015
- Announcing Senator Lindsey Graham's endorsement during a Rally in Central, SC.
- Meet and Greet in Summerville, SC, w/ Sen. Graham.
- Town Hall in Handerson, SC, w/ Sen. Graham.
- Launch with Campaign volunteers and Sen. Graham in Charleston, SC.
- Meet and Greet in Florence, SC, w/ Sen. Graham.
- Rally in Columbia, SC, w/ Sen. Graham.
- Meet and Greet in Columbia, SC, w/ Sen. Graham.

Senator Graham officially endorses Bob Ehrlich during a rally in Central, SC.

"Governor Bob Ehrlich is right for South Carolina. He has a strong recordy on economy, on environment and he has strong ideas on foreign policy. Having a secure America would be the first objective of an Ehrlich presidency. He wants to keep our country safe, he wants to stand for our allies, he'll stand for Israel. If you want a more safe and prosperous country, Bob Ehrlich is the choice. And that's why I'm endorsing him for the presidency of the United States" -- Sen. Graham endorsing Gov. Ehrlich.

July 11th, 2015
- Town Hall in Worcester, MA.
- Meeting with former Governor Mitt Romney in Lynn, MA.
- Meeting with Governor Charlie Baker in Boston, MA.
- Meet and Greet in Boston, MA.
- Fundraiser in Boston, MA.

July 12th, 2015
- Announcing endorsements by Representative Frank Guinta and Sen. John McCain during a Rally in Manchester, NH.
- Meet and Greet in Bedford, NH, w/ Rep. Guinta and Sen. McCain.
- Town Hall in Goffstown, NH, w/ Rep. Guinta and Sen. McCain.
- Rally in Pelham, NH, w/ Rep. Guinta and Sen. McCain.
- Town Hall in Farmington, NH, w/ Rep. Guinta.
- Meeting with former Representative and Majority Leader of NH Senate Jeb Bradley in Manchester, NH.

Senator John McCain endorses Bob Ehrlich during an event in Manchester, NH.

"America is in trouble, but we can restore our country. Bob is a man of convinction, a man that speeks to the people, a man that speaks the truth. If we want to win in 2016 and if we want to make our country great again, Bob Ehrlich is the right choice." -- Sen. McCain endorsing Gov Ehrlich.

Representative Frank Guinta introducing Bob Ehrlich in a town hall in Farmington, NH.

"All of us want to win the presidency again. We need a man that is able to catch support from all political sides, and Bob Ehrlich is that man. To win in both New Hampshire and nationwide, we need to do that. Bob Ehrlich is the right candidate with the right vision to take our country back and that's why I'm endorsing him for the presidency of the United States. All of us will help you here in New Hampshire so that you can win the first in the Nation primary and our 4 electoral votes in November 2016." --  Rep. Guinta endorsing Gov. Ehrlich.

July 13th, 2015
- Meeting with President of NH Senate Chuck Morse in Manchester, NH.
- Meeting with Speaker of NH House Shawn Jasper in Manchester, NH.
- Announcing endorsements by former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani and former New York Governor George Pataki during a rally in Nashua, NH.
- Meet and Greet in Concord, NH, w/ Mayor Giuliani, Gov. Pataki and Sen. McCain.
- Rally in Salem, NH, w/ Mayor Giuliani, Gov. Pataki, Sen. McCain and Rep. Guinta.
- Rally in Milton, NH, w/ Mayor Giuliani, Gov. Pataki, Sen. McCain and Rep. Guinta.
- Appareance on Hannity from Milton, NH.

Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani endorsing Bob Ehrlich during a rally in Nashua, NH.

"Today, I'm proud to endorse Governor Bob Ehrlich as the next President of the United States. He already supported me in the past. I already supported him and I'm happy to support Bob again. He is the principled leader that America needs. He has a strong record on his behalf. He said no to tax increases, he created more than 100.000 private sector jobs, he balanced the budget, he successfully fought unemployment, he has been at the fore for education and opened new schools. Marylandians were lucky to have Bob as their governor. America now can choose." -- Mayor Giuliani endorsing Gov. Ehrlich

Former New York Governor George Pataki shaking hands with Bob Ehrlich during a meet and greet in Concord, NH.

"Governor Ehrlich was never afraid to take on difficult challenges during his time in Maryland. He found right solutions for his constituents on all issues, and that's the job of the Governor. He is the right candidate to win the White House again and I'm proud to support him." -- Gov. Pataki endorsing Gov. Ehrlich

July 14th, 2015
- Meeting with former Representative Charles Bass in Claremont, NH.
- Announcing endorsement by Maryland Governor Larry Hogan during a rally in Claremont, NH.
- Town Hall in Sunapee, NH, w/ Gov. Hogan.
- Meet and Greet in Manchester, NH, w/ Gov. Hogan, Mayor Giuliani and Rep. Guinta.
- Town Hall in Londonderry, NH, w/ Gov. Hogan, Mayor Giuliani and Sen. McCain.
- Victory Rally in Manchester, NH, w/ Rep. Guina, Gov. Hogan, Sen. McCain, Mayor Giuliani and Gov. Pataki.

Maryland Governor Larry Hogan stands with Bob Ehrlich in Claremont, NH.

"I worked on Bob Ehrlich's administration from 2003 and 2007 and I can tell you that Bob is a great man of convictions, a man that worked hard for the people of the state of Maryland, a man that did great things for our state. Both me and Bob are advocating for lower taxes and he has a strong record as Governor on this issues. He worked hard for Maryland and I'm sure he's ready to work hard for our country. That's why I'm backing him for the presidency." -- Gov. Hogan endorsing Gov. Ehrlich

Twitter feed @Ehrlich2016
Bob Ehrlich - @Ehrlich2016 - 8 lug
New poll shows Bob leading in New Hampshire by 7 points! Keep the momentum going! Ehrlich2016.com #Ehrlich2016 #FITN
-

TV AD already posted.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 04:26:50 AM »

Bob Ehrlich answering reporters questions during a campaign stop in New Hampshire

Reporter: "Mr. Governor, some candidates like Representative Ryan, Businessman Donald Trump and Governor Quayle have dropped out of the race and the latest two have endorsed Senator Cruz, that is considered by many analysts as your bigger opponent in the race. Governor Bush also dropped out but endorsed democrat Bill Gates. What are your reactions?"
Ehrlich: "Well, first of all let me thank the candidates that have dropped out for their contribution of ideas to our primary. That contribution of ideas is important for our party. I have respect toward Governor Bush, but let me say that I was surprised of his endorsement and I don't think it's the right way to help our party win the White House again.
Nothing of personal against Senator Cruz, but I don't think he is the right person to win in a general election. We don't need an extreme and divisive candidate and unfortunately I think Senator Cruz is that kind of candidate."

Reporter: "Senator Cruz blamed you for your pro-choice positions on abortion. What is your position on that issue, a bigger issue for GOP voters?"
Ehrlich: "I have to admit that it's a though issue. Personally, I consider my self pro-life. But at the same time I think there should be exceptions for the whole period of pregnancy in case of rape, incest and when the mother's health is at risk. Personally, I support women's rights to abortion in the first trimester, while I don't support that rights from the second trimester to the end of pregnancy."
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 11:38:51 AM »

I will be able to post on sunday, so I'm asking for an extention of the round.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 07:25:20 AM »

I will be able to post on Monday.
I'm really sorry.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 10:15:25 AM »

Bob Ehrlich: July - December Summary

July. Governor Ehrlich campaigned hard in the Northeast, with the goal of consolidate the support that he already had and expand his lead in New Hampshire. He spent some days in Maine, New York and Massachusetts, but the majority of time was spent in the Granite State. By the end of the month, Ehrlich hold more than 50 events in New Hampshire and at least one campaign HQ was opened in each county of the state.

August. New Hampshire was considered a must-win state by the Ehrlich campaign and he continued to campaign here in August, but the majority of time was spent in the early states of Iowa and South Carolina. These states were not friendly as New Hampshire for Ehrlich, but keeping presence and gaining delegates here was very important for the Governor.
The message was clear: Ehrlich is a man of principles, a man of conservative principles that can win a general election. Governor Ehrlich campaigned in Iowa, holding a series of meet and greets and addressing huge crowds at the State Fair, and in South Carolina, with the precious help of Senator Graham. By the end of the month, at least 4 Campaign HQ were opened in both states.

September. The first half of the month was spent in a tour in the early states of Minnesota, North Carolina, Virginia and Georgia. Starting to have a team here was important for Ehrlich campaign, because these Super Tuesday states are considered friendly by the Governor.
Governor Ehrlich spent the rest of the time in Nevada with Senator Heller and Representative Hardy, in order to consolidate his standings in the state, after that recent polls showed a competitive race in the state. Ehrlich spent also various and precious days in New Hampshire.

October. A week was spent in various events in Super Tuesday states of Colorado, Massachusetts, Vermont and in Michigan. Keeping and starting to establish a campaign team in these early states is fundamental in all primary seasons, expecially in a close one as 2016, when each delegate might be decisive.
By the end of the month, Governor Ehrlich hold more than 90 events in New Hampshire. Ehrlich hold expecially town halls meetings and the response of New Hampshire citizens was positive and constructive.

November. Governor Ehrlich continued to campaign in the 4 early states of the primary seasons. 4president.org, a web-site covering presidential campaigns, said that in this month 48% of public events were hold in New Hampshire. 26% in Iowa, 16% in Nevada, 7% in South Carolina and 3% in other states.
Campaigning by person in each state was important for the campaign, but the money was important too. Ehrlich hold various fundraisers during all the campaign season, expecially on this month. A big amount of money was raised and used for various campaign ads.

Bob Ehrlich during a rally in Davenport, IA.

December. Various events were hold in the Granite State, but the Iowa caucuses were coming and invigorating presence here was the first goal of the Ehrlich campaign in this month. By the end of the year, Governor Ehrlich hold more than 110 events in New Hampshire, more than 50 events in Iowa and at least 20 events in both South Carolina and Nevada.
Governor Ehrlich spent holidays with his family at his home in Maryland and met with some old friends in the state in order to hear their thoughts on the campaign strategy.

During all months, Governor Ehrlich spent time on appareances on TV networks. Bob Ehrlich had at least 5 TV appareances for month, expecially on Fox News, then CNN and MSNBC.
GOTV operations were the major objective of the campaign for all months and by the end of the year, GOTV teams were ready to stump for Ehrlich in all the early states of the primary seasons (first 4 and Super Tuesday states).
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 10:17:03 AM »
« Edited: September 15, 2015, 09:57:00 AM by Speaker Cris »

Bob Ehrlich TV AD - A Positive Vision for America

Bob Ehrlich speaks to camera:

"There are candidates that are spending their time attacking me, saying that I'm not a real conservative.
I'm running a positive campaign on a positive vision for America. I'm running a campaign based on my ideas for our country and on my record. When I was Governor of Maryland, we created 100.000 private sector jobs. We balanced the budget. We said no to tax increases. We reduced unemployement. We opened new schools. We made education a priority. We protected our environment.
It's time for a candidate with a conservative record, not just words, it's time for a candidate of principles. It's time for a candidate that can spread our message between all voters, it's time for a candidate that can win in November. I'm that kind of candidate and that's why I'm asking for your vote.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2015, 10:22:30 AM »

Bob Ehrlich - Endorsements seeked from July 15 to January 9; Statement on Branstad.

Endorsements seeked:

- Susan Collins, U.S. Senator from Maine
- Paul LePage, Governor of Maine
- Terry Branstad, Governor of Iowa (after that he dropped out of the race)
- Ed Gillespie, 2014 U.S. Senate Candidate from Virginia
- Phillip Scott, Lieutenant Governor of Vermont
- Kraig Paulsen, Speaker of the Iowa House of Representatives
- Chris Sununu, New Hampshire Executive Councilor
- Wayne MacDonald, former Chairman of the NH GOP
- Tim Pawlenty, former Governor of Minnesota
- Judd Gregg, former U.S. Senator from New Hampshire

Statement on Branstad:

"I just hear that Governor Terry Branstad has been diagnosed with Stage 4 Penile Cancer and Stage 2 Brain Cancer. I'm shocked to hear that news and I'd like to wish Governor Branstad a full recovery and express our closeness to his family and his friends." -- Governor Bob Ehrlich in a statement.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2015, 10:53:23 AM »

Bob Ehrlich - Endorsements of Round 2

"I'm proud to endorse Governor Bob Ehrlich for President. As Governor of Maryland, he oversaw a drop in unemployment, he balanced the budget, and said no to tax increase. It was right for Maryland, it's right for the United States. He's the man that America needs." -- Former Massachusetts Governor and 2012 Presidential Nominee Mitt Romney

"I'm the sitting Governor of Massachusetts. Winning a statewide election in Massachusetts requires cross-over appeals, being able to speak to all voters. Bob did that in Maryland and I'm sure he's the only person that can do it this time." -- Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker

"Bob Ehrlich is a man of convictions with a strong and bold vision for the future of our country. He will do the right things for New Hampshire and for the United States, so we are proud to support Governor Ehrlich as the next President of the United States." -- New Hampshire Senate Majority Leader Jeb Bradley and New Hampshire Senate President Chuck Morse in a joint statement

"If you ask me who is the only person that can win New Hampshire, my answer is Bob Ehrlich. He is not an extreme candidate, his message reasonate with New Hampshire voters and if he is doing so well in New Hampshire, he is the right person to win." -- New Hampshire House Speaker Shawn Jasper

"Both me and Bob Ehrlich have been U.S. Representatives from some years. He knows how Washington works. At his time, Washington was working better than now. Now, it's a disaster. All of us, all americans want to see a change in Washington. He can do that and he has my support." -- Former U.S. Representative Charles Bass of New Hampshire

"If we want an American revival, Bob Ehrlich is the man. He has the right ideas and the right record to make the United States a most secure and prosperous country. He will fight hard for our security, our economy, our principles. That's why he has my support." -- U.S. Senator Dean Heller from Nevada

"We must do something for our economy. And Governor Ehrlich has a strong record on that matter. He created jobs, he balanced the budget. Bob said no to more taxes for the citizens of his state. Let's imagine all of this nationwide. It would be fantastic. It's not just a dream, it might be reality very soon. How? By voting Bob Ehrlich" -- U.S. Representative Cresent Hardy from Nevada
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2015, 12:44:15 PM »

Bob Ehrlich - Round 3

January 3, 2016
- Rally in Weare, NH.
- Town Hall in Amherst, NH.
- Meet and Greet in Peterborough, NH.
- Town Hall in Brookline, NH.
- Appareance on Hardball from Manchester, NH.

January 4, 2016
- Town Hall in Manchester, NH.
- Meet and Greet in Manchester, NH.
- GOTV Rally in Nashua, NH.
- Town Hall in Bedford, NH.
- Fundraiser in Manchester, NH.

January 5, 2016
- Meet and Greet in Londonderry, NH.
- Rally in Portsmouth, NH.
- Town Hall in Hampton, NH.
- Town Hall in Exeter, NH.
- Social Dinner in Exeter, NH.

Bob Ehrlich during a Meet and Greet in Londonderry, NH.

"We are increasing our lead in New Hampshire! This state is a must-win state for our campaign. I'm sure that with your confidence, we'll win the nomination and then we'll win the presidency. It's time for someone in which you can trust. It's time with someone with a strong record of government actions on all days. It's time to win the White House again, and we can do that. Togheter."

January 6, 2016
- GOTV Rally in Northumberland   , NH.
- Meet and Greet in Groveton, NH.
- Town Hall in Colebrook NH.
- Meet and Greet in Whitefield, NH.
- Town Hall in Gorham, NH.

January 7, 2016
- GOTV Rally in Urbandale, IA.
- Town Hall in West Des Moines, IA.
- Meet and Greet in Des Moines, IA.
- GOTV Rally in Des Moines, IA.

January 8, 2016
- GOTV Rally in Hamilton, IA.
- Meet and Greet in Harvey, IA.
- Town Hall in Knoxville, IA.
- Meet and Greet in Marysville, IA.
- Meet and Greet in Pella, IA.
- Keynote speech at the Dinner of Marion County Republicans in Hamilton, IA.

Social Dinner hosted by Bob Ehrlich in Des Moines, IA.

Voter: "First of all, let me thank you for this dinner. Looks like you are the only candidate that is doing that and this is a great thing. I'd like to ask you a question. Some people are saying that you might consider to start an independent campaign if Ted Cruz will win the nomination. It's true?"
Ehrlich: "Thanks for the question. I have a lot of respect toward Senator Cruz, but simply I don't think that we can win the presidency with an extreme candidate as him. I'm standing and I'll continue to stand on my principles. I want to repeal Obamacare. I'm pro-life. Senator Cruz is continuing to say that I'm pro-choice, but I'm pro-life. I think that there should be exceptions in cases of rape, incest, mother's health, but I'm pro-life. I want to ban abortion from the start of the 2nd trimester."
Crowds chering
Ehrlich: "Back on the question. I don't think that Senator Cruz is the right candidate to win, but if he will be the nominee, I'll support him. We might disagree on various questions, but I still think that him, as the other republican presidential candidates, are better than the democrats running."
Crowds chering
Ehrlich: "So, tonight I'll make that pledge. I will support the eventual nominee of the Republican Party, even if it's not me. I'm making this pledge. Now, I'd like to ask the other republican candidates to do the same."

January 9, 2016
- Meet and Greet in Keokuk, IA.
- Rally in Fort Madison, IA.
- Meet and Greet in Franklin, IA.
- Town Hall in Des Moines, IA.
- Meet and Greet at the State HQ in Des Moines, IA.
- Social dinner & answering questions in Des Moines, IA.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2015, 02:16:04 PM »

Statement from Ehrlich Campaign

Our campaign is glad to hear that Governor Terry Branstad will be attending the Bob Ehrlich's Des Moines town-hall on January 9. We look forward to have a positive and constructive exchange of views about what's right for Iowa and for the nation.

Governor Ehrlich is also glad to hear that Senator Cruz made the pledge to support the eventual nominee of the Republican Party and to not run an independent presidential campaign.
Our campaign is confident that fellow Republicans will nominate a candidate of conservative principles capable to win the general election.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2015, 01:57:16 AM »

Ok, now I'm requiring the endorsement of Iowa Secretary of State Paul Pate.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2015, 10:42:15 AM »

Ok, now I'm requiring the endorsement of Iowa Secretary of State Paul Pate.
What makes you entitled to it?
I asked for the endorsement of Branstad, but he is still running and so I have an endorsement left for this round. Smiley
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2015, 11:55:20 AM »

^ Has Trump endorsed you?
If not, I don't think you can tweet as Trump.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2015, 11:02:43 AM »

Bob Ehrlich - Endorsements seeked on Round 4.

Endorsements seeked:

- Michigan Lieutenant Governor Brian Calley
- Colorado U.S. Representative Mike Coffman
- Former Virginia Lieutenant Governor Bill Bolling
- Nevada Lieutenant Governor Mark Hutchinson
- Minnesota U.S. Representatives Erik Paulsen, John Kline
- Former Maine U.S. Senator Olimpia Snowe
- Massachusetts Lieutenant Governor Karyn Polito
- Former Virginia Governor Jim Gilmore
- North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory

Campaign schedule and endorsements of Round 3 coming soon.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2015, 11:31:02 AM »

Bob Ehrlich - Round 4

January 10, 2016 (accompanied by Gov. Romney, Gov. Pawlenty)
- Meet and Greet in Atlantic, IA.
- Town Hall in West Des Moines, IA.
- Meet and Greet in Adel, IA.
- Rally in Des Moines, IA.
- Live appareance on The Kelly File from Des Moines, IA.

January 11, 2016 (accompanied by Gov. LePage and Sen. Collins)
- Rally in Portland, ME, w/ Gov. LePage and Sen. Collins
- Opening of the Maine Campaign HQ in Portland, ME, w/ Gov. LePage and Sen. Collins
- Meet and Greet in South Portland, ME, w/ Gov. LePage and Sen. Collins
- Town Hall in Augusta, ME, w/ Gov. LePage and Sen. Collins
- Social Dinner in Augusta, ME, w/ Gov. LePage and Sen. Collins

January 12, 2016 (accomanied by Sen. Gregg, Mr. MacDonald, Rep. Guinta)
- Meet and Greet in Center Harbor, NH.
- Rally in New Hampton, NH.
- Town Hall in Sanbornton, NH.
- GOTV Rally in Tilton, NH.
- Rally in Gilmanton, NH.
- Social Dinner in Gilmanton, NH.

Bob Ehrlich during a town hall in Sambornton, NH.

"Senator Cruz is attacking me saying that I suppressed the the african-american vote in 2010. It was a mistake, but it wasn't made by me. I had no role in that situation. Prosecutors have never suggested that I approved that operation. So I think that Senator Cruz, first of playing bad politics and attacking people, should know the facts."

January 13, 2016 (accomanied by Sen. Gregg, Mr. MacDonald, Rep. Guinta)
- Town Hall in Barnstead, NH.   
- Meet and Greet in Alton, NH.   
- Town Hall in Meredith, NH.
- Meet and Greet in Gilford, NH.
- GOTV Rally in Belmont, NH.
- Meet and Greet in Laconia, NH.
- Social Dinner in Laconia, NH.

January 14, 2016 (accompanied by Gov. Romney, Mayor Giuliani, NH Sen. Bradley)
- Town Hall in Moultonborough, NH.
- Meet and Greet in Ossipee, NH.
- Rally in Wakefield, NH.
- GOTV Rally in Wolfeboro, NH.
- Rally in Conway, NH.
- Fundraiser in Manchester, NH.

January 15, 2016 (accompanied by Gov. Romney, Mayor Giuliani, NH Sen. Bradley)
- GOTV Rally in Colebrook, NH.
- Meet and Greet in Whitefield, NH.
- Meet and Greet in Gorham, NH.
- Town Hall in Lancaster, NH.
- Rally in Berlin, NH.

Bob Ehrlich during an event in Gorham, NH.

"Senator Cruz is basing his campaign in attacking other people for not being too conservative for his standards. Has Senator Cruz other issues on which basing his campaign? Why doesn't he talk of economy, environment, education? What's his record on that issues? I have a strong record on that issues. Remember. Not only words, but a strong record."

January 16, 2016 (accompanied by Gov. Romney, Gov. Pataki, Sen. McCain)
- Town Hall in Somersworth, NH.
- Town Hall in Durham, NH.
- Meet and Greet in Rochester, NH.
- Town Hall in Dover, NH.
- Rally in Dover, NH.
- Social Dinner in Dover, NH.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2015, 12:51:35 PM »

Bob Ehrlich - GOTV operations for Round 4

"The campaign is proud to announce that all GOP leaders that have endorsed Bob Ehrlich have committed to campaign for the Governor in their home states and in early states. This massive GOTV operation will help Governor Ehrlich to spread his strong and positive conservative message among all republican voters."

Gov. Larry Hogan (R-MD)
January 10: Campaigning in Maryland
January 11: Gubernatorial Duties
January 12: Gubernatorial Duties
January 13: Campaigning in New Hampshire
January 14: Campaigning in New Hampshire
January 15: Campaigning in New Hampshire
January 16: Campaigning in New Hampshire

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ)
January 10: Congressional Duties
January 11: Campaigning in Arizona
January 12: Rest day

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
January 10: Campaigning in South Carolina
January 11: Congressional Duties
January 12: Congressional Duties
January 13: Campaigning in South Carolina
January 14: Campaigning in South Carolina
January 15: Campaigning in South Carolina
January 16: Campaigning in South Carolina

Rep. Frank Guinta (R-NH)
January 10: Campaigning in New Hampshire
January 11: Campaigning in New Hampshire
January 12: Campaigning in New Hampshire
January 15: Congressional Duties

Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R-NY)

Gov. George Pataki (R-NY)

Gov. Mitt Romney (R-MA)
January 10: Campaigning in Iowa
January 11: Campaigning in Iowa

Gov. Charlie Baker (R-MA)
January 10: Gubernatorial Duties
January 13: Campaigning in Massachusetts
January 14: Campaigning in Massachusetts
January 15: Gubernatorial Duties

NH Sen. Jeb Bradley (R-NH)

NH Sen. Chuck Morse (R-NH)

NH Rep. Shawn Jasper (R-NH)

Rep. Charles Bass (R-NH)

Sen. Dean Heller (R-NV)
January 11: Campaigning in Nevada
January 12: Campaigning in Nevada
January 13: Campaigning in Nevada
January 14: Campaigning in Nevada
January 15: Campaigning in Nevada
January 16: Congressional Duties

Rep. Cresent Hardy (R-NV)
January 11: Congressional Duties
January 12: Campaigning in Nevada
January 13: Campaigning in Nevada
January 14: Campaigning in Nevada
January 15: Campaigning in Nevada
January 16: Campaigning in Nevada

Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME)
January 11: Campaigning in Maine
January 12: Campaigning in Maine

Gov. Paul LePage (R-ME)
January 10: Gubernatorial Duties
January 11: Campaigning in Maine
January 12: Campaigning in Maine

Lt. Gov and Gubernatorial candidate Phillip Scott (R-VT)
January 12: Campaigning in Vermont
January 13: Campaigning in Vermont
January 14: Campaigning in Vermont
January 15: Gubernatorial Campaign duties
January 16: Gubernatorial Campaign duties

Former Chairman Wayne MacDonald (R-NH)

Gov. Tim Pawlenty (R-MN)
January 10: Campaigning in Iowa
January 11: Campaigning in Iowa
January 12: Campaigning in Iowa
January 13: Campaigning in Minnesota
January 14: Campaigning in Minnesota
January 15: Campaigning in Iowa
January 16: Campaigning in Iowa

Sen. Judd Gregg (R-NH)

Other stuffs coming tomorrow.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2015, 07:30:00 AM »

Bob Ehrlich speaking during a rally in New Hampshire.

"Mr. Trump said that I was barely elected in 2002. I won that election by four points, and if we consider that Maryland is one of the most blue states in the nation, it's a big electoral accomplishment. I'd like to remember to Mr. Trump that I was narrowly defeated in a year when having an R close to your name was a death sentence at the electoral level in all the nation, expecially in a blue state like Maryland. He's also saying that I tried to misleade the minority vote, when it's simply not true. I had no responsability on that. Prosecutors have never suggested that I approved that operation. What's Donald Trump electoral record? I can't remember of it.
He also said that my record as Governor is a terrible record. I don't think that balancing the budget, creating 100.000 new private sector jobs, opposing tax increases, reducing unemployement rate, making education a priority, creating new schools, fight for our environment is a terrible record, but looks like these are personal tastes. What's Mr. Trump's record? Can someone tell me of that?
But it's not over... he is also blaming me about my conservatism. He is speaking of real conservatism. But are we sure that Donald Trump is a real conservative? In various occasions, he said that he was very pro-choice. He said that he was very liberal about healtchare. He donated to democratic candidates a lot of times and from 2001 to 2009 he was even registered as a Democrat. So he's a real conservative? I don't think. It's time for someone of conservative principles, it's time for someone capable to spread our message along all voters of all political sides. It's time for someone able to win a general election. I can do all of these things and that's why I'm asking for your support.
-- Gov. Ehrlich during a rally in New Hampshire.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2015, 09:43:08 AM »

Bob Ehrlich - Endorsements of Round 3

"It's time for someone that can appeal to all political sides. Both me and Bob did that. And if we want to take the Americans's confidence again, the only viable candidate is a common-sense candidate, not an extreme candidate. And Governor Bob Ehrlich is that common-sense candidate." -- U.S. Senator Susan Collins (R-ME)

"America wants a President that speaks the truth, a President with a strong record of reform. Bob Ehrlich has a strong record. He rejected tax increases proposed by one of the most liberal legislatures in our country. He created jobs. He balanced the budget. That's a conservative record and if we want to make our country great again, Bob is the right candidate." -- Governor Paul LePage (R-ME)

"To be Lieutenant Governor of Vermont and if you want to get a major office here, you need to be a person with a strong message, supported by a strong record, that reasonate with all voters. Bob is that kind of candidate and I'm proud to support him and help him to win here in Vermont" -- Lieutenant Governor Philip Scott (R-VT)

"I have been Chairman of the New Hampshire Republican Party and I've met a lot of presidential candidates. I've met with 2016 candidates too and I can tell you that Bob Ehrlich is the real deal. He is a strong candidate, with a strong message, a strong record and with the power of winning twice in New Hampshire, in both primary and general election" -- Former NH GOP Chairman Wayne MacDonald (R-NH)

"Minnesota will have a big role in this primary season. Minnesota is a Super Tuesday state and I'll help Bob to win here. He is the right choice for Minnesotians and they will demonstrate that when they'll vote, giving Governor Ehrlich a major win and more momentum" -- Former Governor Tim Pawlenty (R-MN)

"Bob Ehrlich took bold stances on education when he was Governor of Maryland. When Bob was Governor, a lot of new schools were constructed and the other schools were fully renovated. He did a lot for Maryland colleges. This is a strong record and you can trust him." -- Former U.S. Senator Judd Gregg (R-NH)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2015, 09:58:11 AM »

Bob Ehrlich TV AD - A Positive Vision for America

Bob Ehrlich speaks to camera:

"There are candidates that are spending their time attacking me, saying that I'm not a real conservative.
I'm running a positive campaign on a positive vision for America. I'm running a campaign based on my ideas for our country and on my record. When I was Governor of Maryland, we created 100.000 private sector jobs. We balanced the budget. We said no to tax increases. We reduced unemployement. We opened new schools. We made education a priority. We protected our environment.
It's time for a candidate with a conservative record, not just words, it's time for a candidate of principles. It's time for a candidate that can spread our message between all voters, it's time for a candidate that can win in November. I'm that kind of candidate and that's why I'm asking for your vote.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2015, 07:16:55 AM »

If I perfectly understand, this round will run for a week, so deadline is October 4.
Right?
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2015, 09:59:56 AM »

Bob Ehrlich - Required endorsements (20)

- Former Governor Mitt Romney (R-MA)
- U.S.Representative Rod Blum (R-IA)
- Governor Larry Hogan (R-MD)
- U.S. Senator John McCain (R-AZ)
- U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
- U.S. Representative Frank Guinta (R-NH)
- Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R-NY)
- Governor Charlie Baker (R-MA)
- Former HP CEO Carly Fiorina (R-CA)
- NH Senate President Chuck Morse (R-NH)
- Speaker of NH House Shawn Jasper (R-NH)
- Former U.S. Representative Charles Bass (R-NH)
- U.S. Senator Dean Heller (R-NV)
- U.S. Representative Cresent Hardy (R-NV)
- U.S. Senator Susan Collins (R-ME)
- Governor Paul LePage (R-ME)
- Lt. Governor Phillip Scott (R-VT)
- Former NHGOP Chairman Wayne MacDonald (R-NH)
- Former Governor Tim Pawlenty (R-MN)
- Former U.S. Senator Judd Gregg (R-NH)
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies