2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:00:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: 2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5  (Read 55909 times)
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 03, 2015, 04:32:09 PM »
« edited: August 03, 2015, 04:59:25 PM by jojoju1998 »

April 27,2015

" My Name is Gary Locke. And I am running to be the President of the United States. My Grandparents lived the American Dream. As immigrants from China, they struggled to make ends meet, to give my father, a better future. My father served this nation with honor in World War 2 and started a succesful small business. He has passed on, but his values still live on in me. What are those values ? Hard Work, grit, and Hope.

Thanks to an unfair economy, Families despite all of their hard work, find it difficult to make ends meet. I will not allow that to happen, you see, when I was Secretary of Commerce and America's top diplomat to China, I stood up for American Workers and values and will continue to do so as president. We will work together with Democrats and Repubilcans to pass sweeping tax reforms that puts money back into a worker's pocket. As President, I will fight to assure that Minorities don't get turned away from a job just because of the color of their skin. And Let's have Paid Leave for pregnant moms ! Having a good job requires a good education. That is why I support Job Training programs so that people in poverty can have Dignity. Because Jobs not only bring money, they bring Dignity. For the next generation, I will expand School Choice, make sure that Student Loans do not overburden our young people, and there will be Universal Pre K when I am president. For Health Care, let's improve our broken health care system by allowing Health Care to be portable, and continue to make Health Care afforable and Universal.

When I was Governor of Washington, I worked together with people from both sides to pass education reform, Tax Reform, and many other things. Washington DC needs some of that. As President, I will sit down and talk with Senators and Representatives every single day.

Finally, we should not forget the men and women, who serve in our military. They have fought for this country. And they should be treated with dignity and respect. As President, I will reform the VA system by putting in place measure that will overhaul record systems and make Health Care easier to use.

This journey will not be easy, but we can do this. Thank you, and may God bless the United States of America ! "
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 07:46:37 AM »

Round 1 - Introduction

Hello, everyone, and welcome to Round 1 of the 2016 United States Presidential Election Interactive Timeline! Cheesy

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who has signed up to participate in this timeline for doing so, and assure all candidates that the updated version of the timeline will be much easier to understand, much easier to operate, and much more interesting and multi-faceted than the old version.

Before I get to the rules for Round 1, let me mention a few notes:

- In the past, I have been pretty lenient when it comes to following the rules. For example, I have extended the sign-up period multiple times and have allowed to candidates who haven't posted their announcement speeches yet to still participate. However, in the future, I have decided to become more strict when it comes to following the rules in order to ensure a faster and fairer game - this means that breaching the rules will not be tolerated and time limits will begin to be strictly enforced.

- From this point forward, please refrain from deleting any of your previous posts. If you made a mistake in your post and want to change it, simply edit it (with my permission) or add another post that includes the changes. After all, my main goal in moderating this game is to surpass the 1972 ITL in post count (just kidding).

- If you have any questions (ANY questions) regarding the game, please feel free to contact me. Do not be afraid that you are asking too many questions; I am here to help and am willing to assist you in any way possible.

Next up, I have to account for how exactly this timeline will work.

As I said earlier, the timeline starts on July 1, 2015. It is assumed that by this time, all candidates will have announced their candidacies though will not have started actively campaigning for the presidency. All events (with the exception of election-related ones) that occurred in real life before July 1, 2015 are assumed to have occurred in the timeline; if you have any questions on what is considered an 'election-related event' please feel free to contact me. After July 1, it is also assumed that all non-election related events that have occurred in real life have occurred in the timeline; once more, feel free to contact me if you need any clarifications.

The following are the current whereabouts of people who are running for president in real life but aren't in the timeline (this will help you with determining which endorsements you want to pursue):

Democratic Party:
    - Bernie Sanders: Still a United States Senator from the state of Vermont; identifies as an independent but caucuses with the Democrats in the Senate.
    - Martin O'Malley: Though not in office, remains active politically and is exploring a run for Senate in 2016.
    - Jim Webb: Has sunk into a quiet retirement at his home in Virginia.
    - Lincoln Chafee: Has sunk into a quiet retirement at his home in Rhode Island.

Republican Party:
    - Ben Carson: Remains active as a political commentator; contemplates run for United States Senate in Maryland.
    - Jim Gilmore: Becomes a political vegetable, as expected.
    - Lindsey Graham: Remains active as a United States Senator from South Carolina.
    - Mike Huckabee: Remains the host of his FOX News television program, Huckabee.
    - Bobby Jindal: Though holding no current political office, remains active politically and seems to be interested in replacing David Vitter as a United States Senator from Louisiana if Vitter wins the Louisiana governorship.
    - George Pataki: Has declared his candidacy for the 2016 United States Senate election in New York, facing off against Senator Chuck Schumer.
    - Rick Santorum: Remains politically active; is on tour for his new book, "America: In Obama We Trust."

If you have any questions regarding the current whereabouts of these candidates, please feel free to contact me.

Anyway, enough with extra notes. Now for the rules for Round 1 (please note that general rules for the Primary Election Stage are here):

Rules

1. Round 1 (also known as Turn 1) begins on July 1, 2015 and ends on July 7, 2015 in the timeline.

2. You have exactly 48 hours from the time this is posted to present your candidate's schedule. If your 48 hours are up, I will PM you and give you an additional 24 hours to post, but after that, I will not provide any more extensions unless you PM me and give me a good reason to do so. If you don't post within the time limit, it will be assumed that your candidate did not campaign during the week in question.

3. You may visit no more than one state/territory/federal district per day. This means, for example, that a candidate must stay within one state on July 1, may move to a different state on July 2, may move to a third state on July 3, etc. However, you can move wherever you would like within a state throughout the day.

4. You may ask for up to 10 (ten) endorsements per week. In order to ask for an endorsement, you must meet with the person you wish to be endorsed by (this counts as one of your thirty maximum events). If you want to meet with someone to ask for their endorsement, you must go to their home state or a state that they are active in. For example, if you want Dianne Feinstein's endorsement, you could go to California (her home state) or Washington, D. C. (where she works) to meet with her. If you have a question on whether you can get a certain person's endorsement in a certain state, please feel free to ask me. "When in doubt, give darthebearnc a shout!"

5. For Round 1, you must also produce a campaign staff for your candidate. It's up to you to determine who is in your staff, but remember that how well you do in the polls is based off of how specific and detailed your information is. You may not include any real people in your campaign staff teams unless they are (a) you in real life or (b) somebody who actually works for your candidate.

6. I have provided polling for both parties' primaries, including national polls and polls in the four early primary states. If you have any additional polling requests, please simply ask me and I will provide them for free. Remember that how you do in the polls is based off of how much effort you put into your campaign schedules, debates, speeches, etc.

7. Please remember that if you have any questions, feel free to contact me! Don't feel afraid; I don't bite (I'm not a mod).

Polls

Nationwide GOP Primary
Jeb Bush - 14%
Scott Walker - 13%
Marco Rubio - 9%
Rick Perry - 8%
Donald Trump - 8%
Bob Ehrlich - 7%
Chris Christie - 6%
Ted Cruz - 6%
John Kasich - 5%
Carly Fiorina - 5%
Paul Ryan - 5%
Rand Paul - 5%
Buddy Roemer - 4%
Bill Haslam - 3%
Terry Branstad - 1%
Dan Quayle - 1%

Nationwide Democratic Primary
Hillary Clinton - 46%
Bill Gates - 29%
Elizabeth Warren - 11%
Joe Biden - 9%
Gary Locke - 3%
Kirsten Gillibrand - 2%
Al Gore - 0%

Iowa GOP Primary
Terry Branstad - 15%
Scott Walker - 14%
Jeb Bush - 9%
Donald Trump - 8%
Marco Rubio - 7%
Paul Ryan - 7%
Ted Cruz - 7%
Rick Perry - 6%
John Kasich - 5%
Bill Haslam - 5%
Buddy Roemer - 4%
Rand Paul - 3%
Dan Quayle - 3%
Bob Ehrlich - 3%
Carly Fiorina - 2%
Chris Christie - 2%

Iowa Democratic Primary
Hillary Clinton - 57%
Bill Gates - 22%
Joe Biden - 10%
Elizabeth Warren - 7%
Gary Locke - 2%
Kirsten Gillibrand - 2%
Al Gore - 0%

New Hampshire GOP Primary
Jeb Bush - 15%
Marco Rubio - 11%
Bob Ehrlich - 11%
Chris Christie - 10%
John Kasich - 10%
Carly Fiorina - 10%
Rand Paul - 10%
Scott Walker - 9%
Donald Trump - 4%
Paul Ryan - 3%
Rick Perry - 3%
Ted Cruz - 2%
Buddy Roemer - 1%
Dan Quayle - 1%
Terry Branstad - 0%
Bill Haslam - 0%

New Hampshire Democratic Primary
Hillary Clinton - 33%
Bill Gates - 30%
Elizabeth Warren - 27%
Joe Biden - 6%
Kirsten Gillibrand - 2%
Gary Locke - 2%
Al Gore - 0%

*Please note that Al Gore will not be included in the polls until he posts his announcement speech.

**Please also note that as the polling data included here is partially taken from real polls taken in July 2015, candidates who are running in real life are given an advantage over those who aren't. This will be completely fixed by next round; I apologize for the mistake on my part.

___

Anyway, thank you to everyone who is participating for doing so, and I can't wait to watch the election begin. Good luck! Cheesy

2 things.

1, May you provide polling for Washington ?

2. Can you give me an example on how to do Campaign staffs and schedules ?
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 08:43:15 AM »

Mini Update 1!

Two quick points to make:

1. In Round 1, both a campaign schedule and a campaign staff list for your candidate must be provided.

2. As requested, here are the Democratic Party primary polls for Washington:

Washington Democratic Primary

Hillary Clinton - 29%
Gary Locke - 26%
Bill Gates - 26%
Elizabeth Warren - 14%
Joe Biden - 4%
Kirsten Gillibrand - 1%
Al Gore - 0%

Thanks everyone! Cheesy

P.S. For some reason, the forum only allows you 20 personal messages per hour, so I have to wait a little before responding to the PMs that I've recently received. Sorry about that.

Can I...... umm... do two posts for Round 1 ? I have a fear of large posts.
THE BRANSTAD TEAM

Campaign Manager: Matthew Greickson
Chief Strategist: Paul DeVos
Treasurer: James Pilny
Press Secretary: Karl Jöhnson
Director of Rapid Response: Kristy Jacobson
Digital Director: Dr. Liam Guggen
Political Director: Dr. Benjamin Taylor

Matthew Grieckson is a native Iowan who is happy to be joining our staff. Before the Branstad run, he served as Campaign manager to two of the successful Branstad runs for Governor. Mr. Grieckson is excited to be working with Americans wanting to restore their country, everyday on the Branstad team.

Paul DeVos was a Washington Insider for many years now, he served as numerous advisors on multiple campaigns over his lifetime. He is happy to restore the American Dream with Terry Branstad.

James Pilny has been a Wall Street money man for over 20 years now. He's worked at the S&P 500 and The Bank of America as their treasures for a giant period of his life.

Karl Jöhnson is a Scandanavian immigrant who served as the press secretary for many campaign and Costco Wholesale.

Kristy Jacobson is a proven fighter for the American way she's been the head of communications for Glenn Becks T.V. Network The Blaze and has worked on the Branstad gubernatorial run in 2014.

Dr. Liam Guggen is MiT's youngest PhD recipient at the young age of 25. He's run digital networks for Microsoft and H&P. Liam Guggen is a Iowan Political Junkie and wants to restore the American Way.

Benjamin Taylor is the former political director for the Tea Party Patriots. Dr. Taylor will be instrumental is providing Tea Party support across the nation

All staff is fictional.

Campaign staff of Gary Locke

John Hepburn served as Gary Locke's Campaign manager during Locke's Runs for the Governor and Locke is proud to have him on. They are also best friends.

Paul Chen was the CEO of Big Brother Big Sister in the late 90s before resigning to become Locke's Strategy Advisor for the Governor Runs. He got a BA in Political Science and a MBA from UC Berkerly.

Sarah Sessano : At the age of 31, not only is she attractive, she is also one of the brightest minds out there. A Child Prodigy, grauduating High School three years early, she studied Economics at Yale and was the head of the American Cancer Society's finances. She is now Locke's treasurer.

Press Secretary : Joseph Vu served as Locke's personal Press Secretary from 2007 to 2015, and as a journalist, gained many awards. He's also in a love affair with Sarah Sessano.

Damage Control Person : Whitney Connor served as the Department of Justice's spokesperson from 2009 to 2014, before that was a spokesperson for the Trump Group. She is also a Lesbian.

Digital Director : At the age of only 14, Mark Mikachu developed a computer and social media system/platform. So he got a scholarship to MIT, studying Computer Technology. Now at the age of 22, he manages Locke's Social Media stuff.

Political Director : Joshua Miller served as the Political Director for the American Civil Liberties Union and before that worked for Free the Children as Government Advisor.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 09:43:45 AM »

AL GORE ANNOUNCES 2016 RUN

10:27AM EST, August 15, 2015, Nashville, TN

Jeb! 2016 Staff:

Campaign Manager: Danny Diaz
Senior Strategist: David Kochel
Communications Director: Tim Miller
Spokeswoman: Kristie Campbell
Senior Advisor: Scott Jennings
Senior Advisor: Jordan Sekulow
Senior Advisor: Sally Bradshaw
Policy Advisor: April Ponnuru
Finance Director: Heather Larrison
Media Director: Jon Downs
Polling Director: Brenda Wigger Gianiny
Data Analytics Director: Alex Lundrey

All RL, from here

Campaign Schedule
July 1st to July 7th, 2015

July 1st, 2015
-- Meeting with John H. Sununu in Manchester, NH
-- Meeting with John E. Sununu in Manchester, NH
-- Rally at Saint Anselm College in Goffstown, NH

July 2nd, 2015
-- Meet-and-Greet at Cityside Grille in Concord, NH
-- Meet-and-Greet at the Concord Public Library
-- Interview with WMUR

July 3rd, 2015
-- Meeting with Scott Brown in Rye, NH

July 4th, 2015
-- Rally at Miami Senior High School in Miami, FL
-- Fourth of July Cook-Out at Larry & Penny Thompson Park in Miami, FL

July 5th, 2015
-- Interview on Fox News Sunday from Tampa, Florida
-- Interview on Face the Nation from Tampa, Florida

July 6th, 2015
--Attend Church Services at St. Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church in Tampa, FL
-- Rally at the Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park in Tampa, FL
-- Meeting with Rick Scott in Tampa, Florida

July 7th, 2015
-- Fundraiser at the Common Man Inn and Spa in Plymouth, NH
-- Meeting with Kelly Ayotte in Plymouth, NH
-- Meeting with Chuck Morse in Plymouth, NH
-- Rally at Plymouth State University in Plymouth, NH
-- Meet-and-Greet at Plymouth State University in Plymouth, NH

The Locke campaign will be focusing on Two states. Iowa and Washington

July 1 :
Meeting with Former Governor Christine Gregoire.
Meet and Greet at a random Seattle Public High School

July 2nd :
Policy Speech at the University of Washington
Meeting with Asian Americans in Tacoma Washington
Rally in Century Link Field

July 3rd :
Meet and Greet at Seattle's Children Home
Flying to Des Monies Iowa

July 4th :
Celebrating the 4th of July with BBQ open to all in Des Monies

July 5th :
Townhall meeting in Des Monies
Meet and Greet at a random Diner
Interview with MSNBC

July 6th :
Fundraiser at the University of Iowa
Rally at a random Des Monies High School
Interview with Fox News

July 7th :
Meet and Greet with Iowan Rural Farmers in Western Iowa.
Flying to Baton Rouge Lousiana to meet with Former Congressman Joseph Cao.

jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 11:26:23 AM »

I want to wish everyone good luck !
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 07:39:15 PM »

Bill Haslam's 2016 Campaign Team

Campaign Chairwoman: State Senator Jennifer Vargas - Vargas was born to an immigrant family in New Jersey; her father was Cuban and her mother was Venezuelan. Despite growing up under the poverty line, she got through college thanks to a military scholarship. After serving in the Navy for 12 years, she moved to to Tennessee a year later after being discharged and was ran for the State Senate in 2000, winning in a landslide. She has continued to serve in the State Senate, earning a reputation for cordial behavior and a level headed attitude.

Coordinator: Dr. Kyle Samson - Dr. Samson graduated top from his class at Vanderbilt University. Having studied political science, he became an agent in political campaigning. His loyalty to the Republican Party and Vanderbilt success story made him a natural pick for the Haslam Campaign team.

Political Adviser: Dr. Oswald Jackson - Dr. Jackson was Dr. Samson's roommate and study partner in college. While he also majored in political science, he is a more quiet and bookish man than Samson. Rather than being in the spotlight, Jackson prefers to study and calculate predictions and strategies based off of his research.

Media Director: Peter Aaltnik - A Dutch immigrant with a background in media design. Although he is barely in his 20's, the Haslam campaign was impressed with his resume and capabilities. This campaign is his first major project.

Press Secretary: Juliet Barham - Juliet is a middle-aged journalist from Memphis. She was hired as an assistant to Haslam's coordinator in his Gubernatorial bid. She performed well enough that Haslam decided to hire her as his Press Secretary for his 2016 bid.

Finance Director: Darren Dexter - A former accountant who prefers spending time crunching numbers and making budgets rather than socializing. He is a shy man, but he has worked for various firms in Tennessee who gave him hood reviews. The Haslam team decided to hire him to maintain the campaign's budget.

Legal Adviser: Nathaniel Coleridge - Coleridge is not a native of Tennessee. He was a former Mercer Law professor who retired after decades of teaching. He now consults Governor Haslam on legal matters and policy.

Round 1 Schedule

July 1st (South Carolina):

- Organize in Columbia, South Carolina.
- Barnstorm in Columbia, South Carolina.
- Hold a conference of local educators in Columbia, South Carolina.

(Conference Theme: Governor Haslam will talk with educators from all levels of education in this conference. He will listen to their complaints, their desires, and ideas. While Governor Haslam will refer to his record on education some and promise to help repair the educational system, he will spend most of the conference listening to these educators and taking notes. This conference acts mostly as research on education policy and what educators want from the next President.)

July 2nd:

- Organize in Greenvile, South Carolina.
- Barnstorm in Greenville, South Carolina.
- Organize in Rock Hill, South Carolina.
- Barnstorm in Rock Hill, South Carolina.

July 3rd:

- Town Hall in Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina.
- Hold a megachurch rally at Seacoast Church in Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina.
- Organize in Charleston, South Carolina.

(Mega Church Rally Theme: Here, Governor Haslam will hold a rally at Seacoast Church in Mt. Pleasant. Haslam will discuss how his Christian faith helped him succeed and help others as a Mayor, Governor, and how it will guide him as President. He will also address religious and social issues that evangelical voters consider to be critical issues.

Speech Excerpt: "As President, I will absolutely defend religious liberty in the United States. Our religious liberties are being trampled on, and the current administration wrongly tolerates, nay, outright endorses, this injustice. Christian business owners are being forced to partake in gay weddings against their will. Christians at home and abroad are being harassed, attacked, or worse, merely because they are Christian, yet there is no outcry over this. We have even seen government officials, such as the Mayor of Houston, demand to monitor and censor pastors' sermons simply because they preach what is in the Bible, solely because they preach what is in their faith! A country where a Christian cannot freely practice his or her beliefs without persecution is not a free country. have had enough of this injustice. As a Christian, I love my fellow person, even if I do not agree with them politically or religiously. And I know that y'all here today are tired of being persecuted over your faith too. The Constitution protects freedom of religion, and as President, I will make sure that your rights are respected!")

July 4th:

- Barnstorm in Charleston, South Carolina.
- Meet and greet with military personnel at the Charleston Air Force Base.
- Host Campaign Rally on Veterans Affairs and Foreign Policy at the Citadel in Charleston.

(Citadel Rally Theme: Governor Haslam will spend the 4th of July with a pro-military and pro-veteran message. He will start out by thanking America's troops for defending its freedom, claiming that America would not be able to enjoy its independence or freedom without the sacrifices that those in the military have endured throughout America's entire history.

Speech Excerpt: "It is because of our men and women in the military that we can continue to celebrate Independence Day. I know that serving this country is not an easy task, and I thank God every day that our troops continue to take their trials and tribulations in stride. Our troops fight to keep us free, but sadly, they are not being treated correctly in America today. Soldiers, both active military and veterans, face countless issues that are being ignored by the federal government...

... Not only are active military personnel being mistreated, but so are our veterans. VA Centers across this entire nation have been gutted on funding, and they are not equipped with the tools needed to properly care for our veterans. How can we continue to mistreat the men and women who gave everything for America? Once I am President, I will remedy this immediately. In fact, I promise that my Secretary of Veterans Affairs MUST be a veteran him or herself!"

July 5th:

- Seek and endorsement from Nikki Haley in Columbia, South Carolina.
(Governor Haslam will meet with Governor Haley. He will tout his performance so far in her state in an attempt to gain her support. He will also appeal to her as a fellow Governor.)
- Town Hall in Columbia.
- Barnstorm in the suburbs of Columbia.
- Meet with voters in Rock Hill.
- Meet with voters in Greenville.

July 6th (Washington D.C.):

- Seek an endorsement from Senator Lamar Alexander.
(Governor Haslam will seek support from fellow Tennessee Republican Lamar Alexander. He will appeal on common ground with education issues with Alexander, including a praise of Alexander's job as Secretary of Education under H.W. Bush.)
- Seek an endorsement from Senator Bob Corker.
(Governor Haslam will appeal to Senator Corker by touting his performance at the Citadel rally. He will further reinforce his pro-military stance by reminding Corker about his VA Secretary pledge. Finally, he will relate to Corker as a fellow native of Tennessee and the fact that he and Haslam's brother Jimmy were roommates in college.)
- Seek an endorsement from Senator Lindsey Graham.
(Haslam will use the same pro-military strategy as he will use with Corker to win Graham's endorsement. Like with Governor Haley, Haslam will mention how he has campaigned in South Carolina this week.)
- Seek an endorsement from Senator Tim Scott.
(As with Haley and Graham, Haslam will mention how he has campaigned in South Carolina this week in order to win Tim Scott's endorsement.)
- Seek an endorsement from Senator Tom Cotton.
(Haslam will mention his pro-military and pro-veteran stance to win Tom Cotton's endorsement. Since Cotton is an Iraq War veteran himself, Haslam will offer Cotton influence in his policy on Iraq.)

July 7th (Georgia):

-Seek an endorsement from Governor Nathan Deal.
(Haslam will appeal to Deal for his endorsement, citing common ground as Governors. Haslam will also discuss job growth and education policies with Deal, as he believes the two can find similarities and work together on them.)
- Seek an endorsement from Senator David Perdue.
(Haslam will appeal to Perdue for an endorsement based on their experiences in the business world. Since they have both been in business, Haslam will argue that they can relate on common ground. According to Haslam, this means that he and Perdue can get much done to benefit America together thanks to their similar experiences.)
- Seek an endorsement from Senator Johnny Isakson.
(Haslam will also try to win over Isakson. His strategy will largely depend on if he can win over Nathan Deal, David Perdue, or both.)

You are a Pro at this... I don't even know Locke can even win.

That being said, can anyone analyze Locke's chances ?
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 05:03:59 PM »

Governor Gary Locke is proud to announce that Governor Christine Gregoire and Former Congressman Joseph Cao has endorsed him...... so yeah !

Gary Locke spoke to a Des Monies High School, where he had his first rally focusing on Taking back America  and to take on the World.

" Washington Politicians have very good speeches. They talk and talk, but they can't get things done. Because they are too tied up with Special Interests. As Govenor, I took on the big banks, as I worked together with Repubilcans and Democrats to revive Washington State. As Secretary, and Ambassordor, I stood up to the Big Banks to assure that American Jobs stay here."

" That is why I am running for President. To take back this country, and take on the  world. My Daughter suggested to me that we should use A Campaign Song. I asked her what song, she said, Take on the World. I know. It is a cheesy Disney Song. But, it does make a point. I ask that you join with me to take on the world.... together, the new American Century starts right now. Thank you ! And may God bless these states ! 

In the background, Hepburn was looking quietly. Locke is doing great. Their first target............. Bill Gates.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2015, 05:13:42 PM »

Has Dar approved that. Beacuse he said he was going to announce endorsements.
What ? Oh............... Scrap the endorsing part..... disregard it.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 07:43:16 PM »

BREAKING NEWS
HILLARY: I HAVE CANCER

The former Secretary of State drops out of the running for president, citing personal health concerns; doesn't endorse any candidate, but promises to endorse a candidate during the primaries.

New York (CNN) - Hillary Clinton came out of the shadows today, after being absent from the campaign trail for a long period. The former First Lady, Senator, and Secretary of State unexpectedly announced that she would be dropping out of the race for president.

"This past week, I was diagnosed with lung cancer by our family doctor. I underwent additional tests, got a second opinion, but it is certain. Therefore, I must withdraw my candidacy for president," Mrs. Clinton said at a press conference Wednesday to the shock of the world.

Mrs. Clinton said that she is dealing with advanced stage lung cancer, and will undergo chemotherapy treatment. "The doctors expect it to be very effective," she said, "but we're going to wait and see before we begin celebrating." Mrs. Clinton refused to endorse a candidate at this time, but insisted she would do so before the primaries are over.

Details are minimal at this time, but once they become more available, we'll bring them to you first. Watch this space.

UPDATE - Right-wing radio host Rush Limbaugh weighs in. Limbaugh said on his radio show, "What in the world will the Democrats do now? Their beloved left-wing crusader Hillary probably will be dead in five years." He went on to say, "I can't wait to hear the conspiracy theories these left-wing loons come up with! They'll probably say she was poisoned!" Stay tuned for future updates.

" She has Cancer ?! " Locke exclaimed upon hearing the news from Hepburn.

" Lung Cancer. Advanced Stage." Hepburn replied, " She's dropping out. I don't mean to be hurtful but this is your time to shine, Gary. "

Gary Locke's Statement on Hillary Clinton and Frank Fiorina.

" I had the honor of serving with Secretary Clinton when I was Secretary of Commerce and Ambassodor to China. Clinton has been a strong fighter for middle class families, Me and My Family wish her good luck in conquering the horrible illness that is Cancer. I also had the pleasure of meeting with Carly and Frank Fiorina during my time as Secretary. I pray that Frank will fight through this Stroke. I invite All Americans to unite."
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2015, 06:34:39 PM »

Gary Locke's first Ad, running in Washington, Iowa, and New Hampshire

" 1965, Johnson passes the Voting Rights Act expanding voting rights for all Americans."

" Thanks to Repubilcan Governors, that fundamental right is being takened away. But we are fighting back. As President, I will fight to assure that every person has a right to vote. It's time to fight back."

The Schedule will come in the next post.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2015, 01:16:12 PM »

Scott Walker: Campaign Schedule

July 8: South Carolina
- Town Hall in Myrtle Beach, SC
- Town Hall in Allendale, SC
- Town Hall in Greenville, SC
- Rally in Hartsville, SC

Walker campaigns in Hartsville, SC, telling a large crowd: "The Obama-era is coming to an end fast and furiously! Real hope and real change is one the way!"

July 9: South Carolina/New York
- Rally in Columbia, SC
- Rally in Beaufort, SC
- Meeting with Gov. Nikki Haley
- Fundraiser in NYC
- Interview with Megyn Kelly

July 10: New Hampshire
- Town Hall in Berlin, NH
- Town Hall in Colebrook, NH
- Meet and Greet with Veterans in Manchester, NH
- Speech on American Foreign Policy in Manchester, NH
- Meeting with Manchester Mayor Ted Gatsas
- Interview with WMUR Sunday show: Close Up

July 11: New Hampshire
- Town Hall in Portsmouth, NH
- Town Hall in Raymond, NH
- Town Hall in Salem, NH

Walker meeting with Voters in Raymond, NH. "Let's get America working again. Enough of the bluster. Let's elect someone with a track record."

July 12-13: Wisconsin
- No Public events.

July 14: Iowa
- Town Hall in Sioux City, IA
- Town Hall in Cedar Rapids, IA
- Town Hall in Laporte City, IA

..."Our foreign policy has weakened the last six years, by a President without a track record and without a vision. I am a candidate who believes in the Reagan mantra of Peace through strength. We must have a military so great and so reliable no other nation or foe would dare try to rattle us. We must be the envy of the world, with a renewed commitment in our efforts to be a beacon of freedom and liberty, and we must stand firm with our allies like Israel and against our adversaries like Russia. I am willingly to work hand-in-hand with anyone who wishes to a friend to America, but I will not tolerate any nation or adversaries who dares challenge America's superiority as the world's superpower. Our position is clear: You are either with us or against us. Now I know some on the left call this over the top language, but my response is: it's common sense, it's the foreign policy of Reagan and Truman and Eisenhower. America must take the lead and guide this world into a better tomorrow..."

Ad running: I'm Scott

"I'm Scott Walker, Governor of the great state of Wisconsin. Since 2011 I've stood up to the big union bosses, the liberal elites and even many in my own party, not for political points, but because it is right. I am a man of conviction, I am a man of principle, I am a man of results. We've turned Wisconsin into a thriving place for business and opportunity, now it is time to do it for America. I ask you to join me in this effort, so together we restore America for our children and ourselves."

I'm Scott Walker and I approve this message.

Gary Locke's Campaign Schedule for July 14th.

July 8th.

Discussion and Townhall with Muslim Leaders in Washington D.C, and meet with Ralph Nader for his endorsement, focusing on putting Progressive Ideas into Action.

Flying to Manchester New Hampshire for rally at University of New Hampshire.

" Join with me as we take on the world ! "

July 9th

Speech at the Catholic Medical Center, Manchester New Hampshire, focusing on improving Obamacare.

" As President, I will add a Public Option, allowing for more choice for our consumers."

Interview with Racheal Maddow of MSNBC
" Are you a Progressive ? " Maddow asked ?

" I don't think it's a matter of progressivism. All of the Democrats runnning are true progressives. But we need someone who could put Progressive Ideas into action. I respect all the other canidates.....   what I have done as Governor, and as a secretary and Diplomat makes me qualified to tackle America's big challenges. "

July 10th
Basketball with the Local Basketball team

Town Hall at Manchester City Hall
" What is your position on Common Core ?

" I support it as it makes sure that our students succeed.

Flying to Des Monies Iowa

Another Post I will do. If it is okay with the Mods and Admin.....

jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2015, 02:56:03 PM »

July 11th.
Video Chat with Disabled Children

Serving at a Soup Kitchen in Des Moines

Meeting with Cancer Patients at Local Hospital

July 12th
Fundraiser at the Civic Center, Des Monies Iowa

Speech at the Central Iowa Shelter, and meet with Homeless People :

" It is not right, that we have people in Poverty, while the rich get richer. When I am president, I'll make sure that everyone rises up ! "

Next, a Discussion and Dialouge with Local Black Leaders on Poverty, Racism, and Police Brutality at St Paul AME Church.

And finally for the day... a Town hall meeting with College Students

July 13th.

Flying to Minnesota, to meet with Former Vice President Walter Mondale

Next, flying to Tacoma Washington for a rally.......

" Help me take back Washington, and to take on the world !

July 14th.

A Day Of Rest for Secretary Locke....

Evening, Interview with Student News reporters from Local Middle School.

jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2015, 02:15:13 PM »

Rand Paul Schedule
July 8th
Hold rally with Thomas Massie in Garrison, KY
Hold rally with Mitch McConnel in Louisville, KY
Fundraiser in Louisville, KY
Appear on radio interview

"I think it's strange how Jeb Bush endorsed a Democrat in Bill Gates. It just goes to show you how some of these establishment Republicans don't really share the values of limited constitutional government like we do, that they're willing to endorse someone who doesn't agree with the Republican base on most issues, instead of candidates that do."

"I'm endorsing Rand Paul because I've seen first hand that he stands for the people. I trust Rand to reverse the failed policies of Barack Obama and put America back on the right track."

July 9th
Meet and Greet in Iowa City, IA
Speak at Tea Party event in Des Moines, IA
Hold rally in Ceder Rapids, IA
Townhall in Sioux City, IA

July 10th
Barnstorming accross Des Moines, IA
Meet and Greet in Ceder Rapids, IA
Hold rally with Justin Amash in Des Moines, IA
Appear as a guest on Hannity

SH: "What do you think about all these candidates dropping out?"

RP: "It just goes to show you that some people aren't ready for the job. Some of these decisions have surprised me, others haven't. We need a President who's willing to do this for the long haul, and that's me. I've been around long enough to know what I'm doing, but not too long where I've grown restless, and out of touch with the people."

"Rand Paul is the best candidate for the job, because unlike big-government politicians who just pay lip service to the base, Rand actually believes what he says! His record of standing for limited government is second to none, and in this era of massive federal control over our lives, that's badly needed."

July 11th
Hold rally in Manchester, NH
Speak at event in Berlin, NH
Meet and Greet in Rochester, NH
Townhall in Derry, NH

July 12th
Hold rally in Nashua, NH
Townhall in Keene, NH
Townhall in Manchester, NH

July 13th
Hold rally with Glenn Beck in Reno, NV
Townhall in Carson City, NV
Townhall in Henderson, NV

July 14th
Meet and Greet in Paradise, NV
Fundraiser in Las Vegas, NV
Hold rally with Ron Paul in Las Vegas, NV

"Rand has what it takes. I've known Rand for a while [crowd laughs] so I know this for a fact. He understands the problems in America today, and he understands the importance of liberty! Rand is the only candidate who will restore America to the principles it was founded upon!"

Meanwhile........

" We are not doing well. " Hepburn said in Locke's weekly staff meeting, " Bill Gates just got a endorsement from Jeb Bush ! "

" What does that show ? " Sarah asked Hepburn, " Bush is corrupt, All the money men supporting Bush now are giving money to Gates ! "

" Everyone just calm down. " Locke said, " We are doing well in the polls so far. All we have to do, is expose Gates as a Political Novice.... Governors are always better.

Everyone nodded their heads. Paul Chen then stood up and said, " New Hampshire, and Washington. Those are the two states we must focus on, and we are doing pretty well with Asian voters.

" Locke.... " Tech expert Mikachu said, " We need a selfie from you. "

jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2015, 07:21:03 PM »

Can someone interview Gary Locke for me ?
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2015, 08:54:52 PM »

My Schedule will come tomorrow. For now..... A Interview with Gary Locke !

jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2015, 01:05:48 PM »

Tonight..... I am going to post part of my schedule and the reponses to the interview questions the Mod is going to post for Gary Locke. Time is limited......
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2015, 06:49:54 PM »

* darthebearnc after seeing above post: Plot twist! Cheesy
* darthebearnc after seeing update to above post: Not actual plot twist Sad
So..... interview ready ?
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2015, 02:46:06 PM »

CNN Interview with Fmr. Governor Gary Locke

1. Recently, a Gallup poll indicated that only 45% of Americans approve of President Obama's job performance, while 49% disapprove. As President, how would a Locke Administration be different than our current one?

2. Recently, a number of terrorist organizations including the ISIL, al Qaeda, Boko Haram, and the Taliban have been active across the Middle East, killing thousands of innocent civilians and terrorizing the region. Do you prefer to identify these terrorist organizations as 'Islamic', or do you wish not to use that term?

3. As President, what actions will you take to fight these groups? Do you believe that putting the lives of American citizens in danger is necessary to stop this threat?

4. If you could have any one new law of your choice come into effect today, what would it be?

5. What is your view on the Iran Deal currently being negotiated by the Obama Administration, and if elected, what would you do to support or oppose it?

6. What do you think the biggest issue currently facing our nation is and as President, what will you do to fix it?

7. Do you support reintroducing Glass-Steagall? Why or why not?

8. Do you support statehood for Puerto Rico and Washington, D.C.? Why or why not?

9. What is your view on net neutrality? If elected, what will you do in regard to it?

10. Which of your fellow Democratic primary opponents do you feel agrees with you on the most issues? The least?
_______

NOTE: This is an interview that jojoju1998 asked me to create for his candidate, Gary Locke. If you would like me to do something similar for your candidate, feel free to ask! Smiley
1. I believe that the Frustration is directed at Washington itself. Look, I have been part of Washington. It can work together. But when we have Politicians getting checks from Special Interest Groups, it screws up the process. When I am President, I will get Washington working again, by removing the temptation of Special Interest Groups.

2. There is a difference between these Terrorists, and Hard Working, Tax Paying, and Patriotic Muslim Americans. So by calling these Terorrists ' Islamic ', you are painting with a very broad brush.

3. My Plan which is online will destroy ISIS in 10 years, by having targeted Air Strikes, Removing ISIS's funding, and use small number of troops....... it is a good plan.

4. For a new law..... I think that Replacing The No Child Left Behind Act with a Alternative is a good idea. My Alternative will allow states to take control of our children's education. My Plan has been released online.

5. The Iran Deal is a good deal. The Problem has to do with implementation. And As President, I will implement the deal......  clearly. And If Iran cheats, then Military Action is possible.

6. The Biggest Issue facing our country, is how do we reduce Income Inequality.... So I will work together with Congress to reform Our Tax Code so that it is more fair to our taxpayers. That will reduce Inequality alot.

7. We now live in a 21st Century Economy. It is not 1933 anymore. I do support regulations on big banks..... but it has to fit this new economy we live in.

8. It is the people's choice, I can not say wheter or not they should join the Union, it is their choice.

9. The Internet must be free and fair..... So Yes I support Net Neutrality.

10. All of my colleagues are true Progressives. But I have the knowledge to put progressive ideas into Action....
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2015, 06:42:15 PM »

I need more TIME ! Busy.... I Won't be able to post much until the weekend.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2015, 08:05:27 PM »

Roemer's Schedule January 3-9

January 3
Meet and greet with Keene State Students-Keene, NH
Town hall about the economy at Dartmouth University-Hanover, NH
Sunset speech about free trade-Sunapee, NH
Dinner with local Republicans-Claremont, NH
Meet with: NH Rep. Phil Straight, NH Rep. Jack Flanagan

January 4
Fundraiser-Marlborough, NH
Rally about foreign policy-Nashua, NH
Meeting the local Republican-Nashua, NH
Meet and greet-Hudson, NH

"Ted Cruz tried to call us irrelevant as he tricks voters into following him into a bloody Middle Eastern ground war struggle. This will cost millions of lives and dollars alike. Have we forgotten the words of George Washington? NO MORE unconstitutional foreign occupation! Iraq was a mistake that Cruz, Haslam, Ehrlich, and Kasich want to repeat."

January 5
Meet and greet-Derry, NH
Town hall-Merrimack, NH
Touring small businesses-Manchester, NH
Rally about immigration-Manchester, NH
Meet with: NH Rep. David Luneau

January 6
Meet and greet-Burlington, VT
Meet and greet-Syracuse, NY
Speech about jobs to the Syracuse College Republicans-Syracuse, NY
Rally about regulation-Rochster, NY
Meet with: NY-27 Rep. Chris Collins

"College costs too much these days. However, as a liberty loving Republican I don't support big government forcefully lowering prices. We need a strong free market solution."

January 7
Flight to Des Moines
Fundraiser dinner-Des Moines, IA
Meet and greet-Logan, IA
Rally about pro-life stances-Sioux City, IA
Meet with: Liberty Iowa representatives

January 8
Meet and greet-Le Mars, IA
Talking to farmers about overbearing agriculture regulations-Germantown, IA
Rally about gun rights-Estherville, IA
Speech about inequality-Waterloo, IA
Town hall-Waterloo, IA

"Inequality is staggering right now. I don't support class warfare and I don't support the ridiculous stratification that currently exists. The 1% is playing us like puppets through lobbying and super PACs! Stand with me against the vested DC-Wall Street interests! I oppose corporate welfare."

January 9
Fundraiser-Cedar Rapids, IA
Rally downtown about jobs-Cedar Rapids, IA
Talking to Iowa University students-Iowa City, IA
Meet and greet-Iowa City, IA
Meet with IA Senator Tim Kapucian
Gary Locke would like a Private Debate with Buddy Roemer.... if it is okay with everyone.....

jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2015, 08:11:16 PM »

Gary Locke would like a Private Debate with Buddy Roemer.... if it is okay with everyone.....

It's cool with Buddy. How do you want to do this?

"1v1 me m8."
The Same Format as with Scott Walker vs. Elizabeth Warren.... but we have to wait for the MOD... and I am busy in real life... why did I even propose this ?!

And.... because Locke loves Random places.... it will be held at Woodcreek High School in Roseville California.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2015, 09:34:17 AM »

Hopefully...... My schedule will come........... I am using a school computer right now.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2015, 05:31:45 PM »

"
Obama's Southern Man Hired for Biden Campaign
[picture="TharonJohnson"][/picture]

Tharon Johnson of Atlanta, Georgia has been announced as the campaign's official Chairman of the Biden Georgia Campaign. The Southern Biden Campaign is currently headed by Steve Riccheti, and he appears to be briefing the campaign to Johnson.

Johnson is rumored to be a potential co-Chairman of the Southern Biden Campaign."

- Politico, October 7

The Biden campaign would gladly welcome Democrats such as Kirsten Gillibrand and Elizabeth Warren to the Select Health Committee.

Governor Locke is unable to attend.... due to scheduling concerns.... but.. will send a Rep over if that is okay.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2015, 05:43:00 PM »

Senator Warren, I am not opposed to the minimum wage, but we have to understand minimum wage jobs are meant to be stepping stones into bigger jobs. If we raise it to the levels you and the other Democrats are proposing, where do we draw the line? What we need to do is better educate and train our students so they have the skills to go out and compete in the 21st century.

Senator Warren, we are nation which has dedicated ourselves to three principles, liberty, pursuit of happiness and life. Life. Life is more than being alive as you and I are, but to those who cannot speak up for themselves. All life is precious, Senator. All lives matter.

Locke was being confused as he watched the debate with his staff.

" Why aren't they talking about Adoption ? Or providing Working Pregnant Moms with some help ? " Hepburn asked, " Locke, you expanded Adoptions right ? "

" Yeah..... I did. " Locke replied turning up the volume, " They are forgetting that We should give Working Pregnant Moms some help.... It is a Christian thing to do... "

" Nice Pun.... " Sessano said while typing in some numbers, " We are 1 dollar in debt... you have to be kidding me. "
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2015, 06:06:23 PM »

July to December.....

Unlike the other candidates, Locke did not run that much ads... focusing instead on building a strong ground game in New Hampshire, Nevada, and Washington. And Locke hated spending money personally... so he relied on volunteer work, passing out flyers, helping out at Soup Kitchens... trying to make him appealing to normal democrats... not moderates, not super progressives, but normal democrats.

From July to October.... he continued to build the ground game.... meeting voters, rallies, town halls, video chats.... it was very busy.

In November, Joseph got married to Sarah.. and Locke presided personally over the wedding... his champaign staff became like family to him. His children served as the flower and ring bearers.

December.... Locke continued to perfect his ground game, so technically he mostly relied on volunteer work. His fundraising sources came mostly from individuals....

Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies